Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss

Started by Dances With Hogs, November 22, 2008, 08:40:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dances With Hogs

Could the Nutt end up with a better recruiting class than the hogs, the way we have looked this year?

songofthesword

not close.

nutt would have to end the year with nothing but 4-5 star recruits to sniff where we are now

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Dances With Hogs on November 22, 2008, 08:40:05 pm
Could the Nutt end up with a better recruiting class than the hogs, the way we have looked this year?

Remember who you speak of.  The man that's actively offering scholarships to 5'5'' running backs.  The guy who recruits only "kids who wanna' be rebels."

The man that left us with this years team.

I rest my case.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Oliver

No.  Nutt can't recruit for stuff.  But I hate to admit it, he's done very well with Ole Miss this year.  I didn't think they had a chance of winning as many as they have this year.  His recruiting will catch up with him much like it did here.

AFWarrior83

LOL, HDN could win a NC and still not come close to Petrino's recruiting capability.  Petrino is getting paid big money to bring in the studs, feed them, and win ball games.

Would you rather play for a former NFL coach or one that will never sniff the NFL?
Hogville member since 2005.

Tusks

youve got to be kidding....are you trolling or drunk or both?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Boog41

According to Rivals, so far Ole Miss has the 52nd rated class with no 4 or 5* recruits...... The HOGS are number 16.

No way they pass us.

songofthesword

houston nutt is not a bad coach. he never was a bad coach. that's what makes it so bad. he wouldnt' have lasted here 10 years if he was a BAD coach.

his stubborness of not wanting to give up the playcalling, the inaiblity to want to surround himself with quality assistant coachs, and his lazyness of recruiting, are his downfall. but i'll take nutt more timas than not as an actual coach.

Hawgrox

Quote from: songofthesword on November 22, 2008, 08:44:19 pm
houston nutt is not a bad coach. he never was a bad coach. that's what makes it so bad. he wouldnt' have lasted here 10 years if he was a BAD coach.

his stubborness of not wanting to give up the playcalling, the inaiblity to want to surround himself with quality assistant coachs, and his lazyness of recruiting, are his downfall. but i'll take nutt more timas than not as an actual coach.

You're wrong.

songofthesword

no.; im' right. yes he has clock management issues, but the man is not a BAD coach, anything otherwise is just blind HDN hate.

not the BEST coach out there, but not a BAD coach.

disGUSted

His classes and ours are headed in the opposite direction, they will tire of the used car salesman just as we did!

AFWarrior83

Quote from: Hawgrox on November 22, 2008, 08:47:35 pm
You're wrong.

Florida and Tennessee would probably disagree with you.  HDN got us to the SECC game 3 times, but never could cash in.  He is a good coach, just a bad recruiter, cocky and stubborn.

MojaveJoe

He was a lousy recruiter and, not a bad coach so much as a limited coach. He could fire the troops up and get the big wins but he was incapable of adapting during a game. Now Holtz was a great game day coach, but he couldn't recruit either - not even at Notre Dame (he won with someone elses players). Ford has been our best recruiter for as long as I can remember. Pretty sad really.

I really hope losing this game and next weeks doesn't hurt our class - I've waited so long for a good recruiter to go with good coaching!

Cheers!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

He's the luckiest SOB in the country.  Leaves a team talent-depleted with a 3.5mil parting gift to go to an absolutely loaded rival school. 

But as for recruiting, the lowest team in the SEC West is Mississippi State at #21, oh yeah except for the texticle at #52, right behind Tulsa.

hogsanity

NO!!!!!!
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

redbarn

It doesn't take a genius to realize that Nutt is winning with someone else's players the same way Petrino is losing with someone else's players.  Nor does it take a genius to realize that with Nutt's recruiting his time as a winner and a fighter at Ole Miss will be limited. As he did at Arkansas, he will come up with a few great players the same as just about every other coach at a major college does and he will use that player to sell himself to the fans of Ole Miss and sportscasters.  But he will be unable to have those players year in and year out as great college coaches do.  Again, in time, that will again be realized and the car salesman will be looking for another job. 
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

RivercrestHog

Quote from: Hawgrox on November 22, 2008, 08:47:35 pm
You're wrong.

Not really. Orgeron is a bad coach. Nutt is a coach who can't recruit. He can win plenty of ball games with good players but he just can't get the good players himself. I knew at the beginning of this year that Ole Miss would be pretty good and that they would probably beat us. Nutt makes himself look like a bad coach because of the players that he recruits who are below-average. And no I'm not a Nutt-hugger. I hate him as much as everyone else.

BigJohn

I was wrong about Ole Miss and Nutt.  They will win 8 games.  I thought they would win 9.  Oh yeah, they could win the Cotton Bowl.

Tusks

Can someone remind me of the 3 times hootie got the hogs to the SECCG.

I remember going because Bama was on probation even though they put the wood to the hogs in Fay.

Then I remember the Gus/DMAC run where hootie actually won the west.

I can't remember the 3rd time.

If hootie isn't a bad coach then what do you call a coach that has never won a conference championship or gone to a BCS bowl in 12 years of D1 coaching?

As a matter of fact what football championship has hootie ever participated in.....either playing or coaching?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Phenomenal One

So is Ole Miss going to end up being 2nd in the West?  Looks like they might be headed to the Cotton Bowl, but only because everyone else is so bad this year

oldbear

secfan30

November 22, 2008, 09:23:07 pm #21 Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 09:24:39 pm by secfan30

OK, maybe it's because we lost 2 close games today, maybe it's because of the many Diamond Bear Irish Reds I have drank, but at this moment I want to tell you to STHU!!!!! Are you F'INN FOR REAL?!?!?!?!

Gus the head hog

Nutt is awesome! Come back HDN! Were sorry!
Get a life people!

Bubba's Bruisers

You are correct, he's a bad coach.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

songofthesword

the third...humm.. good question.

we got spanked by georgia, we got spanked by florida. I'm pretty sure we only went twice. I'm pretty sure in 98 we tied with MIssissippi state but state held the tie breaker because they beat us.

Nutt won't last 5 years in ole miss. uhnlike arknasas, he there is another team in the state.. and they are literartly making a mass exodus to miss state. not one in the top 15 even LIKES ole miss this year.

at arkansas, as bad as he was, he ahd players, who at the end fo the day, were going to arkasnas because it's the state school.. not so at ole miss

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Gus the head hog on November 22, 2008, 10:13:45 pm
Nutt is awesome! Come back HDN! Were sorry!
Get a life people!

Isn't that the irony?  Those calling for BP to go are likely the same ones who would have given nutt a 10 year extension including another free pass.  They would have given him forever, but not even a full season to BP. 

Even the vast majority of the staunchest nutt critics, me very much included, gave him 5 years before the criticisms started, and most of those didn't call for his removal until the 7th season.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

3kgthog

Look at who Orgeron recruited and tell me how in the heck Nutt was not going to make a bowl this year. Orgeron was a really bad coach that wasted talent. Nutt is just an average coach, but that's an improvement for the Rebels.

razorbackmkh

Houston Nutt = Les Miles.
Les inherited amazing talent. Had great seasons his first couple of years. Has been one of the luckiest bastards in NCAA football.

Nutt inherited pretty damn good talent. Will have a couple of good seasons at first. Has been one of the luckiest bastards in NCAA football.

The difference is Miles will always have some of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the nation right in his own backyard. Nutt will be left trying to battle Croom (or whoever is at MSU) for instate talent. Miles will be gone if he doesn't get his sh** straight, but 7-4 will be just fine with Ole Miss fans. Which means, Nutt is the luckier of the two.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

GabeMartini

Justifiable Hogicide

Could the Nutt end up with a better recruiting class than the hogs?
No. He couldn't recruit when he was at Arkansas, he sure won't at Ole Miss.

Choctaw Hog

No.

Razorvet

I dont think hes recruiting bc he isnt planning on staying around. He will use Ole Missys improved record as a spring board to an ACC school. Thats where he belongs anyway. Mediocre conference.

BigE_23

I'm just wondering if you actually watched any Razorback games for the previous 10 years?

Porkette

No, the recruiting rankings aren't even close.  :razorback:
Most people on here predicted a big year for OM because the situation is so similar in every way to Arkansas in 98, so there isn't really any surprise there. They've actually done a little worse than could have been expected, losing to Vandy and SC.

Instead of thinking of Nutt as a "bad" coach, I think of him more as a mediocre coach who wins just enough to avoid getting fired (that can actually be worse), and a pretty unimpressive recruiter. He can motivate very well at times (but very inconsistently), and will not have many really bad seasons, but sure won't ever get near the top, either.
GO HOGS GO!

AFWarrior83

1) If you want a coach that can win maybe 5 to 9 games per year and can usually get you to a little bowl game = HDN is your man.

OR

2) If you want a coach that can win 11+ and get you to the BCS and maybe further = CBP is your man.

To me it's not even a question.

Man_O_Pork

Nutt has Les Miles' number.  He has Tuberville's number.

That's about all he has.

HogSlop

All of those downfalls you mention are exactly what make him a TERRIBLE coach. Go shoot yourself, Nutt hugger.
If you just Steven hill, just Steven Hill on Facebook too. Just the link...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=43888077153#/group.php?gid=43888077153

Fatmanhog

nutt recruits? i never knew that
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Fatmanhog

Quote from: tw_haynes on November 22, 2008, 11:54:31 pm

That's about all he has.
he also has donna's number

I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Man_O_Pork

Quote from: fatmanhog on November 23, 2008, 12:01:09 am
he also has donna's number

Zing!

Haha...plus one if we had it.

songofthesword

November 23, 2008, 12:06:23 am #40 Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 12:08:07 am by songofthesword
WTH!! how in the hell are you calling me a hugger? are you freaking kidding me? I wanted nutt gone at the FIRST 4-7 season. I probably started the damn fire HDN Bandwagon.. i'm actually insulted by that.

BUT, I'm not blinded by my hatred of the man, as some of you seem to be, that I let it distort fromt he truth.

houston nutt is not a bad coach. Jack Crowe is a bad coach. Houston Nutt, is not Jack Crowe.

Even when I wanted him fired, it never really was because he couldnt' COACH. he couldn't recruit, he couldn't develop any position outside a Running Back. yes all of that has to do with coaching.

case in point, with all that he has done, had he handled the mustain situtation differently I have no doubt he would still be coaching at arkansas.

Not saying I would like it, just saying it is what it is.

I guess what I am trying to say that he's not a bad X and O guy. you give him talent, he can' keep you in more games than he will lose.

He's definatly an improvement over what ole miss had. with that said, I'd take CBP 10 days a week over Nutt.

Dont' be so blinded by nutt hate that it distorts rational thought

Fatmanhog

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. wow every one needs another drink. ill drink to that

The Hermaphronutt

AFWarrior83

Quote from: songofthesword on November 23, 2008, 12:06:23 am
WTH!! how in the hell are you calling me a hugger? are you freaking kidding me? I wanted nutt gone at the FIRST 4-7 season. I probably started the damn fire HDN Bandwagon.. i'm actually insulted by that.

BUT, I'm not blinded by my hatred of the man, as some of you seem to be, that I let it distort fromt he truth.

houston nutt is not a bad coach. Jack Crowe is a bad coach. Houston Nutt, is not Jack Crowe.

Even when I wanted him fired, it never really was because he couldnt' COACH. he couldn't recruit, he couldn't develop any position outside a Running Back. yes all of that has to do with coaching.

case in point, with all that he has done, had he handled the mustain situtation differently I have no doubt he would still be coaching at arkansas.

Not saying I would like it, just saying it is what it is.

I guess what I am trying to say that he's not a bad X and O guy. you give him talent, he can' keep you in more games than he will lose.

He's definatly an improvement over what ole miss had. with that said, I'd take CBP 10 days a week over Nutt.

Dont' be so blinded by nutt hate that it distorts rational thought

I 100% agree with you.  TCTWF only has HIMSELF to blame for being let go.

riccoar

Quote from: tw_haynes on November 22, 2008, 11:54:31 pm

That's about all he has.
The question is, Will he still have their number 3 years from now when he plays with HIS recruits.  Ed Ogeron left that cupboard loaded.

Fatmanhog

Quote from: riccoar on November 23, 2008, 12:25:51 am
The question is, Will he still have their number 3 years from now when he plays with HIS recruits.  Ed Ogeron left that cupboard loaded.
how nice it would be to have food in the cupboard. we are starving

The Hermaphronutt

hogrock

[b]I guess what I am trying to say that he's not a bad X and O guy. you give him talent, he can' keep you in more games than he will lose.[/b]
[/quote]

So what you're saying is "nuttz is the big ballah shot callah," but other than that he's a SUCKY coach!!!!

And if you can't see that you are blind. Don't be blinded by facts;

Vegas bowl
UNLV game
0 for October-with ALL that freaking talent!
Vandy
Kentucky
Squandered the DMAC, Jones, Hillis years!

U gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!!! He's a horrible coach!!!!! Sheeeesh i don't get any true Razorback fan feeling like they have to make ANY kind of defense or excuse for nuttz, what so freaking ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great, you'll take CBP over nuttz, happy for ya. Leave it at that. You "nuttz is not a bad coach" people lose credibility instantly when you say crap like that. WHY do you even feel the need to argue that crap when Razorback fans get pissed about nuttz-WE ARE NOT ASKING YOU TO TELL US TO SETTLE DOWN, AND TO TELL US nuttz IS REALLY A GOOD COACH!!

U got that......"quasi Razorback, closet nuttz hugger, fans?" Dad gum-you say you're a Razorback fan ALL freakin' day but it just goes out the window when u say, "oh, but nuttz is really a good coach."

AFWarrior83

November 23, 2008, 12:30:47 am #46 Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 12:32:45 am by AFWarrior83
Quote from: fatmanhog on November 23, 2008, 12:27:47 am
how nice it would be to have food in the cupboard. we are starving

It reminds me of the "feed the children" commercial.  Feed the studs, except we don't have many studs to feed right now...

Fatmanhog

The Hermaphronutt

Fatmanhog

nutt a good coach?  that should look like this: Frank a darn Frank

The Hermaphronutt

Fatmanhog

lol is you knew what i origanly said it would funnier

The Hermaphronutt