Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ole miss newest commit

Started by moley_russells_wart_hog, November 17, 2008, 10:11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pitbull1

The kid can hide behind the line!

hogdiggity

who really gives a crap what they recruit.  It is Ole Miss we should worry about them one week a year.  Goofus is their headache now

El Puerco

Quote from: ATLpiggie on November 18, 2008, 04:50:06 am
Just a hunch here but I think he signed him to have a better chance with his teammate Lartey.  Nutt's recruiting philosophy is rather than work hard to get the guy you want he'd rather just offer one of their friends and have him do the recruiting.  I'm glad he's wasting scholarships over there now and not at Arkansas.

I think he should keep doing that.

The real Hogules

Nutt's not as young as he once was, he must recruit smaller players, that way he has no problems picking them up and tossing them under the bus at a moments notice!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

1CavHog

The funniest is on rivals.com the stickied post on their forum is "Ole Miss picks up sleeper speedster."

Glad our days of recruiting sleepers and diamonds in the rough are over.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on November 17, 2008, 10:47:22 pm
obsession

I love when our division rivals, who beat us this year, have poor recruiting classes.

Section123

Quote from: Sivad on November 18, 2008, 12:50:31 am
Guess all the studs from Florida quit calling.

Sivad --- This is the post of the day

idochog

November 18, 2008, 07:48:01 am #57 Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 08:09:12 am by idochog
Otis Kirk is probably drueling over this kid. 
I love Jesus!

Hogjammin

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 18, 2008, 07:31:22 am
I love when our division rivals, who beat us this year, have poor recruiting classes.

I would never consider Ole Miss a rival of ours.  I'm more concerned with Bama and LSU.

BEvERage

Quote from: idochog on November 18, 2008, 07:48:01 am
Otis Kirk is probably dueling over this kid. 

epee's, saber's or pistols?

Hog Scratch Fever

Quote from: RunnerHog on November 18, 2008, 12:36:13 am
I think Nutt thought Dexter McCluster was related to Deuce McCallister somehow.

No, I think he wants him because his name is what McDonald's would call his offense:  "The McCluster"
"It got a little nippy through the pass!"

booogaga

yes but is he a bigger fighter and winner than Kermit?
GO HOGS!

kimjongsqUeAl

I am SOOOOO glad HDN is not our coach anymore...simply for this reason right here.  He offers a 5' 6" RB with 4.66 speed....W T H!??!?  If I was a Miss St coach I would be licking my chops right now.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

TLFHAWG

It's all about being able to "Bounce Around".

Hoggish1

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 18, 2008, 05:18:32 am
this in one of the first of the Ole Miss faithful to step back and ask himself, "what in the hell is in this koolade?  Just doesn't taste right."  It appears not everyone in the state of Mississippi is buying the used car he's trying to sell.   I bet their Chancellor or AD won't be as gullible as White was. 

You know, something tells me you nailed it, Boar! :)

kimjongsqUeAl

Does anyone know what any Ole Miss fans think about their "coach's" recruiting??  I want to know what they seriously think about this. 
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

COCHISE

Quote from: Hog Scratch Fever on November 18, 2008, 08:01:38 am
No, I think he wants him because his name is what McDonald's would call his offense:  "The McCluster"
throw in a 5'6" RB and call it the "The McClusterphuck"

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: 870 RZR on November 18, 2008, 09:37:00 am
throw in a 5'6" RB and call it the "The McClusterphuck"

HAAAAAAA!! Loved it.
- Thomas Jefferson

- God

bighog77

Can you say Reggie Fish 2  !!!!!

bighog77

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on November 18, 2008, 09:09:15 am
I am SOOOOO glad HDN is not our coach anymore...simply for this reason right here.  He offers a 5' 6" RB with 4.66 speed....W T H!??!?  If I was a Miss St coach I would be licking my chops right now.

But he has great courage. He is a fighter!!!

Razor-back

Quote from: TheyCallMeHogLuver on November 18, 2008, 05:24:54 am
Rivals recruiting rankings for the last 4 years:

Ole Miss
2006  16
2007  27
2008  29
2009  50 currently

Arkansas
2006  26
2007  31
2008  36
2009  16 currently

Enjoy it this year Ole Miss....the decline has already begun.

That pretty much says it all

tbhogfan

Quote from: Shoatly on November 17, 2008, 10:28:58 pm
From an Ole Miss msg board:

New commitment... When did we start recruting slow midgets?

Nov 17, 2008 10:02 PM

http://mississippi.scout....8&c=1&nid=3578367

Alfred Moreland, a 5-6, 170 4.66 40 running RB. I mean, the rational part of my brain says there must be something Nutt sees (perhaps he is the missing "perfect fit" candidate for the Wild Rebel that the Spirit guys keep talking about) to justify offering this guy and accepting his commitment. Then again, without any hog lurkers being a smartass, it is somewhat disconcerting to see his commitment; his only other offer was Air Force...

Without being a smartaleck, Ole Miss fans should be highly disconcerted.  This is your coaches first full recruiting year, you beat Florida, and the recruiting engine SHOULD be going full blast.   Yet, you languish in the 50's in national recruiting, and are having to beat out the likes of Air Force and Mid. Tennessee for smallish RB's.   

Basically, Nutt is doing his usual stellar job of recruiting, only at Arkansas he was basically the only show in town and could bolster his classes with the likes of McFadden, Andrews, Jones, etc, who grew up dreaming of being Hogs.  You have a coach who is a lazy recruiter who is going to blame everything but himself for the problems. 

At least Coach O tried to get some talent there.
Go Hogs!

Hawgvillain

Another thing to note - this is the FIFTH runningback that Ole Miss has committed (both athletes were RB as well) for this class.  Even if those athletes end up somewhere else - you know Hootie is recruiting them by promising them a chance at running the WildWebel.  Out of 17 commits:

1 QB
3 OL
1 WR
3 DE
0 DT (Sound Familiar?)
1 LB (Sound Familiar?)
2 DB
1 K
5 RB (2 of which are ATH - sound familiar)

webbgem

Matthew 6:34

RunnerHog

November 18, 2008, 10:35:24 am #74 Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:43:53 am by RunnerHog
Was that kids daddy Houstons buddy at Ok St?

notreseveredname

I bet they will sign up to 30 again. How many grey shirts will he be handing out? (hunter miller)

LJHOG

I don't know.  Kids highlight (I realize it's a highlight) reel looked ok.  He seems quick enough and looks faster than the reported 4.66.  But, he ain't very big.  Guess if he signs then we'll see.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: LJHOG on November 18, 2008, 11:19:57 am
I don't know.  Kids highlight (I realize it's a highlight) reel looked ok.  He seems quick enough and looks faster than the reported 4.66.  But, he ain't very big.  Guess if he signs then we'll see.
Everyone looks good in highlights... They are highlights.  That kid doesn't have SEC size or speed...useless...

dougieritch

November 18, 2008, 12:03:56 pm #78 Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 12:05:40 pm by dougieritch
How many RB's has Hootie recruited in two years, around 25!?!

What a loser!

Ole Miss is down to #52 Recruiting Class in the nation

Tulsa is #50!

cbjagman

Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on November 17, 2008, 10:11:25 pm
alfred moreland out of ga
is a no star, is that because hes not been evaulated?
Nah, it's because he's pledged to Ole Misery. Enough said........

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=89481

The Boar War

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 18, 2008, 12:23:54 am
I agree this looks a little wacky but remember we just offered a GA fullback whose only other offer was Western Carolina.  The good news is Petrino knows how to evaluate talent much better than Nutt. 

A blind man could see the difference between Jahron Brown and Alfred Moreland.

saintchristopher

songofthesword

Houston Nutt is single handily going to resurge the mississippi state program. kids, good ones, are flocking to them in droves. they have a DAMN good class.

longtimeHogfan

Poor Hootie....He consistently set low goals, then failed to achieve them.  I don't know, 'ya think he could have played with too much glue as a child?  Whatever the reason, I think when his I.Q. gets to 50 he should sell. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: songofthesword on November 18, 2008, 01:33:10 pm
Houston Nutt is single handily going to resurge the mississippi state program. kids, good ones, are flocking to them in droves. they have a DAMN good class.

lol  +1 if I could!
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Eddie Piggard

Quote from: hogdiggity on November 18, 2008, 07:12:32 am
who really gives a crap what they recruit.  It is Ole Miss we should worry about them one week a year.  Goofus is their headache now
and your shiite is getting old.....u knew what the thread was about before even clicking on the link....STFU and "move on"
Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8

jgphillips3

As we approach this Thanksgiving holiday, the knowledge that TCTWF is ruining someone else's program instead of ours is certainly reason to give thanks.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

it's because he's "special not only on the field... but in the classroom"

Brewerfan10

any reason why his profile doesn't say he is committed? maybe HDN read this board and realized he wasn't that great

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: Shoatly on November 17, 2008, 10:28:58 pm
From an Ole Miss msg board:

New commitment... When did we start recruting slow midgets?

Nov 17, 2008 10:02 PM

http://mississippi.scout....8&c=1&nid=3578367

Alfred Moreland, a 5-6, 170 4.66 40 running RB. I mean, the rational part of my brain says there must be something Nutt sees (perhaps he is the missing "perfect fit" candidate for the Wild Rebel that the Spirit guys keep talking about) to justify offering this guy and accepting his commitment. Then again, without any hog lurkers being a smartass, it is somewhat disconcerting to see his commitment; his only other offer was Air Force...

we can see the next step being taken here, part of the fan base are raising concerns about the direction of thier program.....soon they will be labled as not being "true fans"

the birth of the darkside at ole miss

songofthesword

Heard this kid has an older sister who really likes to text and strap something on her chin.  Maybe she also plays football with 2 chin straps.

ark-rebsfan

Damn is it February already? Recruiting ranking are meaningless in November

COCHISE

Quote from: ark-rebsfan on November 18, 2008, 09:49:44 pm
I wouldn't consider being ranked #52 in the country with only 10 schollies left to give meaningless.

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: ark-rebsfan on November 18, 2008, 09:49:44 pm

this is more of indictment of your coach rather than your school, we have
just seen this m.o. for years and it feels so good that its happening to some
one else

ark-rebsfan

you do realize that some of these so called commits have "conditional offers". Meaning if they have an opening, then it will be accepted. We have about 5-10 of those right now. Only maybe 2-4 are going to be accepted maybe. This guy has been saying he's committed to us for about three weeks but that doesn't mean that Ole Miss is committed to him just yet. Just let everything play out, I guarentee you we will be close to the top 25.

ark-rebsfan

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ark-rebsfan on November 18, 2008, 10:01:15 pm
I guarentee you we will be close to the top 25.

Are you truly aware of who your coach and head recruiter is?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ark-rebsfan on November 18, 2008, 10:02:07 pm
maybe even lower than that

I'd definitely go with the lower than that figure.... lower ranking for your class, that is.

Think 34 at best,  to 45.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

moley_russells_wart_hog