Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ole miss newest commit

Started by moley_russells_wart_hog, November 17, 2008, 10:11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ark-rebsfan reminds me of a 15 year old kid who knows everything.  Mom and Dad are idiots in the kids eye.  The kid doesn't give the older folks any credit whatsoever for gaining experience just by getting older and going through life.  We Arkies suffered through the BS of Nutt for 10 long years and for at least 7 of those years near everyone was still drinking the Kool-aid.  This poor fool reminmds me of 2 seventeen year olds getting married.  It sounds pretty cool but they don't have a clue.  This idiot has a lot to learn but he sure has a great teacher.

cypert2

Quote from: Hellafied on November 19, 2008, 06:54:19 pm
i tell you what..i can see ole miss winning 8 games a year on average.. as far as recruting rankings...how many times has nutt beat texas and i know texas had better players..look at vandy...they almost beat alot of teams and took georgia to the wire. hell they beat UK and we didnt. UK had 75 yrds total at the end of the 3rd quarter.. ole miss is going to have a good def. and run the football..they will be stuff...people use to say that when they played ark. that it was such a physical game. some coaches just have a nack for getting max out of players. i live in arkansas and i like what nutt did hear overall..i didnt complete agree with everything he did but i know we would be in every game we played....i wish him well and his recruitment will get better in mississippi in years to come..the low stars in mississippi is better than whts in arkansas. and one thing about nutt is he loved the razorbacks and arkansas and you cant tell me he didnt..
Nutt had a good year this year and will have a good year in 2009. Then Orgeron's recruits will start graduating and Nutt's recruits will start playing. That's when Ole Miss will slip back into mediocrity.
Swinging on the two and the four.

cbjagman

November 22, 2008, 09:19:43 am #152 Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 09:55:27 am by cbjagman
i tell you what..i can see ole miss winning 8 games a year on average.. as far as recruting rankings...how many times has nutt beat texas and i know texas had better players..look at vandy...they almost beat alot of teams and took georgia to the wire. hell they beat UK and we didnt. UK had 75 yrds total at the end of the 3rd quarter.. ole miss is going to have a good def. and run the football..they will be stuff...people use to say that when they played ark. that it was such a physical game. some coaches just have a nack for getting max out of players. i live in arkansas and i like what nutt did hear overall..i didnt complete agree with everything he did but i know we would be in every game we played....i wish him well and his recruitment will get better in mississippi in years to come..the low stars in mississippi is better than whts in arkansas. and one thing about nutt is he loved the razorbacks and arkansas and you cant tell me he didnt..
When you're talking about recruiting you're talking about the FUTURE of the program, not the here and now. Yes, you did win this year (barely). I, for one, won't make any excuses; however, starting next year and definitely in the years beyond, you had better enjoy what you're achieving now because as your "wonder coach" begins to have to win with his own recruits things will become more and more difficult. Why not examine the # of players that were recuited by Coach O and then compare to the true freshmen that Nuttso brought in this year? Compare then the # of true freshmen that Petrino has played with this year. I think you will find that my argument is extremely valid. Wonder why Petrino has played 18 true redshirt/true freshmen this season? Could it be that Hooter truly left the cupboard less than well stocked? How come Ole Misery has a vast # of players never recruited by El Dorko? Besides, at this point of the recruiting cycle why has our '09 class been mostly filled (primarily with 3 and 4* kids) with other top recruits still considering us? What is your HC planning to do to fill next year's class? I know-we'll rob all the top programs around the country at the last minute. How about all those Florida kids who were supposed to be filling the airwaves with calls begging to come to Ole Misery? Maybe Dale was blowing off as he usually does, particularly when it comes to recruiting.

P.S. With the "better" tradition your dillusional HC spoke of earlier this year why are you currently having so much trouble recruiting so far? Could the answer be the typical lazy ass approach Hooter always seem to take? Makes one wonder.

Seconds

Quote from: hogdiggity on November 18, 2008, 07:12:32 am
who really gives a crap what they recruit.  It is Ole Miss we should worry about them one week a year.  Goofus is their headache now
Werd
Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 20, 2009, 03:37:25 pm
I believe that Obama could set an orphanage on fire and spray down the children with gasoline as they ran to escape it and you and Veritas would praise him for the beauty and quality of the fire.

josh_sec33

My brain lost grey matter trying to read what Hellafied wrote. It's nice to see how the educational system in Mississippi is still failing.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

wholehog92

Quote from: Seconds on November 22, 2008, 09:46:47 am
Werd

I'm honored seconds, I must have been on a roll when I typed that.

Quote from: keithh1999 on November 20, 2008, 12:42:19 am
I'm not sure, but he did when (win) at Murray State -- He did. And when at Arkansas with Ford's recruits. He didn't when (win) with his own players too much, except diamonds in the ruff, he might when (win) some.

Hahahaha-- I love this thread almost as much as the Just Steven Hill!!  JUST WHEN BABY

Ha! thanks for translating when to win for me.  I was completely lost. 

To All People still thinking TCTWF is a good coach:

A good college coach does three things.  The totality of those things determine wins and losses.

1.  He recruits-our available talent speaks to TCTWFs results in this area.
2.  He prepares his teams for games.  Our sideline confusion, player development, and failures in bowl games are all indicitive of the results in this area.
3.  He adjusts in game to the game being played on the field.  Rediculously inept at AR.  This requires specifics to back up that are too lengthy and unrelated to this forum.

If TCTWF could be judged adequate in one of those areas, it would be #2.  He did motivate players to play over their head during big games, and that usually got us one win a year we shouldn't have won.  The other side of that is the weakness in other areas of 1,2, and 3 cost us at least 2 games a year.  All totaled, he was a mediocre coach at best.  There were times, he was subpar.  After 10 years of antics, mediocre wasn't cutting it.  If Ol Piss is happy with mediocre, who can blame them?  They've been sorry for a long time.  Mediocre looks pretty good from sorry.

Just don't come into a recruiting forum and tell us he's a good recruiter.  That's rediculous and has no way to found that statement in reality.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Hogtropolis™

Houston Nutt does not have anything to do with Arkansas anymore.  Move on.

We have a great coach.  Support him and the Arkansas Razorbacks and forget about Nutt.

passinghog

You can take a coach that loves Arkansas all you want, the rest of Hogville will take a coach, Petrino, that loves to win At ALL Costs.

hawgsav1

Quote from: Tomhog™ on November 22, 2008, 09:32:15 am
You have got to be joking.  I can't even seriously respond to this statement it is so full of excrement...

That's a lot of excrement for such a short sentence, which translates to larger amounts of per-capita excrement. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

keithh1999

Quote from: hawgsav1 on November 24, 2008, 05:07:21 pm

That's a lot of excrement for such a short sentence, which translates to larger amounts of per-capita excrement. 

Uhhhh -- yeah... per-capita excrement... BRILLIANT
Pig Farmers are cool.