Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ole miss newest commit

Started by moley_russells_wart_hog, November 17, 2008, 10:11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ark-rebsfan

I know exactly who he is and he is doing a damn good job at this time. We are 6-4 right now and could finish the regular season at 8-4 and maybe 9-4 with a bowl win. Do any of you have anything better to do than bash Nutt. He's our coach now and you all have Bobby P. You got what you wanted, now leave the man and his family alone, goodness.

COCHISE

Quote from: ark-rebsfan on November 18, 2008, 10:01:15 pm
you do realize that some of these so called commits have "conditional offers". Meaning if they have an opening, then it will be accepted. We have about 5-10 of those right now. Only maybe 2-4 are going to be accepted maybe. This guy has been saying he's committed to us for about three weeks but that doesn't mean that Ole Miss is committed to him just yet. Just let everything play out, I guarentee you we will be close to the top 25.
When did Houston say this?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ark-rebsfan on November 18, 2008, 10:07:25 pm
I know exactly who he is and he is doing a damn good job at this time. We are 6-4 right now and could finish the regular season at 8-4 and maybe 9-4 with a bowl win. Do any of you have anything better to do than bash Nutt. He's our coach now and you all have Bobby P. You got what you wanted, now leave the man and his family alone, goodness.

Piss off, Teresa.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

ark-rebsfan

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 18, 2008, 10:05:36 pm

I'd definitely go with the lower than that figure.... lower ranking for your class, that is.

Think 34 at best,  to 45.

Sorry i guess i should have said higher. Thats what i meant at least.

We have tons of guys, about 4-5 4* players are very interested or about to commit. We still have a long way to go, don't ride us off so early.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 17, 2008, 10:14:16 pm
Most likely.

Sure good to see HDN beat out Duke and Middle Tennessee State for a 5-6 RB.

hold on just a minute. Duke and Middle Tennessee DID NOT OFFER HIM. Don't give Nutt credit for beating those teams for a recruit.

At this point in recruiting, having Nutt as coach is getting Ole Miss to a below average bowl game, but eventually it may look like getting the death penalty.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

ark-rebsfan

Quote from: 870 RZR on November 18, 2008, 10:09:08 pm
When did Houston say this?
I have a rivals and scout subscription. Both Neal, Dave and yes your favorite, Yancy have all said that these are conditional commits

moley_russells_wart_hog

i thought wilson said he was going to ban guys like this

Ragnar Hogbrok

Do you have anything better to do than to come to the message board of a team that has a REAL coach. 

Look at the lack of talent we have this year.  THAT IS YOUR FUTURE. 

Good luck with that squaty-mon RB.  Yet another schollie wasted by Texticle.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Jim Harris

you do realize that some of these so called commits have "conditional offers". Meaning if they have an opening, then it will be accepted. We have about 5-10 of those right now. Only maybe 2-4 are going to be accepted maybe. This guy has been saying he's committed to us for about three weeks but that doesn't mean that Ole Miss is committed to him just yet. Just let everything play out, I guarentee you we will be close to the top 25.

you might as well just go ahead and pencil this guy in then. Your B and C recruits will be your signed recruits in February. You're beating Air Force for this one, and Air Force can offer as many as it wants.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

ark-rebsfan

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 18, 2008, 10:09:25 pm

Piss off, Teresa.
I'm done with you guys, have fun watching basketball during bowl season!

COCHISE

Quote from: ark-rebsfan on November 18, 2008, 10:11:57 pm
I have a rivals and scout subscription. Both Neal, Dave and yes your favorite, Yancy have all said that these are conditional commits
Well if Yancy said it it must be true.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ark-rebsfan on November 18, 2008, 10:13:31 pm

Do us all a favor and don't pollute our board in the future.

Oh, and have fun watching Nutt play pick-up basketball while Bobby Petrino is busting his ass on the recruiting trail for us.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

COCHISE

Enjoy the next couple of seasons while Houston has Orgerons guys, it only goes downhill after that.

Jim Harris

enjoy your potential 9-4 season, though you're assuming a helluva lot thinking Nutt will coach a bowl victory. This is as good as it gets for you.

Burt B.

No way you end up with a top 25 class. You will soon realize That you may sign a stud RB and an occaisional O lineman but you will have gaping holes lacking any quality depth at other positions. It will play itself out over the next few years.
If you don't like what is on the menu (nutt bashing) then don't patronage the restaurant(this thread).

hawgsav1

Guys, don't be so hard on the Ole Pissy fellow.  It took us more than 2-3 years to see through Nutt's crap.  Given this guy is an Ole Piss fan, it'll take him at least 2-3 decades to see through Nutt.  Don't bash the poor Rebel fan.  It's like making fun of a special-ed kid.  It's just wrong. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: hawgsav1 on November 19, 2008, 02:17:33 am
.  It's like making fun of a special-ed kid.  It's just wrong. 

But it sure is funny.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

longtimeHogfan

November 19, 2008, 08:04:15 am #117 Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 08:05:51 am by longtimeHogfan
Quote from: ark-rebsfan on November 18, 2008, 10:01:15 pmJust let everything play out, I guarentee you we will be close to the top 25.

....and I guarantee that, before it's over and in answer to questions from fans and the media, Hootie will say, and I quote, "....stars don't matter."  You might as well get used to it.

P.S.  When you were in high school, did you ride a long bus or a short bus? 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Eddie Piggard

Quote from: ark-rebsfan on November 18, 2008, 10:02:07 pm
maybe even lower than that
I will take that bet, how much you willing to put up??
Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8

hillhog

Dissing the Dork is just so easy and natural after his demolition of our program this Reb fan just needs to sit back and take notes. His time is on it's way and he could save himself some time by having comments ready to heap on Dork when they see what they really have. Thank God for Mississippi

dougieritch

WOW Hootie has already worked the MOJO on you!  HA!

I love how you talk potential (Get used to that word from Hootie), doesn't Hootie keep touting how Ole Miss was just a few plays from being 9-1 or even 10-0!!!  WOW!

Yes you may go to a bowl, but don't expect to win it, Nutty was only 2-6 in bowl games including losing to a Wisconsin team that we held to minus yards rushing.

As for beating us this year: Ole Miss has more talent than Arkansas (Orgeron Recruited, while Nutty left us with some of the players you see at Arkansas).  Also it took a controversial call for you guys to wrap it up...my God if you idiots can't blow us out this year then you will sure enjoy the future!

Look forward to seeing you at Ole Miss next year!  SMOOCHES!

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: ark-rebsfan on November 18, 2008, 09:49:44 pm
Damn is it February already? Recruiting ranking are meaningless in November

That's the mantra you Confederates have been chanting for the last several weeks but just how much ground do you think any team will make up with only a couple of months to go?  Perhaps some but not much.  That's what has Rebel Fans very, very concerned on the heels of a below average recruiting year last year.  Nutt is not a strong "finisher" in recruiting and his class this year will be worse than last year's.  Do we see a pattern here?

Tomhog™

Top 25? Don't make me laugh. The reason we won't be going to a bowl is due to your current coach's recruiting job at his previous employment. You'll see soon enough.

dougieritch

cbjagman

Hootie I thought at when you moved from the left side of the "Big Muddy" you would quit looking and commenting on this board..........guess not.

cbjagman

Are you serious about being "done with us"? Please don't tease me like that!

tbhogfan

Quote from: ark-rebsfan on November 18, 2008, 10:09:30 pm
Sorry i guess i should have said higher. Thats what i meant at least.

We have tons of guys, about 4-5 4* players are very interested or about to commit. We still have a long way to go, don't ride us off so early.

Ahh, yes, the ever elusive 4* players who are "near a commitment:" we've seen a litany of those.   

The bottom line is that you aren't even leading for most of the top players in Mississippi.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2200&Year=2009

This board is a group of people who know, understand and appreciate recruiting.  If you were a USC (west) fan coming here and talking about what an incredible class you have, we would all be agreeing with you.

But your earlier comment about it just being November shows that you really don't understand recruiting.  The ranks of 4* and 5* recruits that are not committed is now small and shrinking every day. 

Mark my words, Houston will be scrambling for 2*s on signing day to round out his class.  It is simply the way he works.
Go Hogs!

MojaveJoe

November 19, 2008, 01:51:44 pm #127 Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 01:54:56 pm by MojaveJoe
Wow, not one in-state top 25 recruit? Nutt is screwed. He sucked at recruiting in Arkansas and at least 80% of the kids here want to go to the UA. I almost feel for Ole Miss, almost...

Not to mention, he was a poor evaluator of the talent to begin with, missed offering on a lot of good recruits.

MojaveJoe

Do any of you have anything better to do than bash Nutt. He's our coach now and you all have Bobby P. You got what you wanted, now leave the man and his family alone, goodness.

We aren't going to his house and yelling at him, we are simply discussing him on OUR board. Go away if it bugs ya, geez

hawgsav1

Quote from: tbhogfan on November 19, 2008, 12:05:38 pm
Ahh, yes, the ever elusive 4* players who are "near a commitment:" we've seen a litany of those.  

The bottom line is that you aren't even leading for most of the top players in Mississippi.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2200&Year=2009

This board is a group of people who know, understand and appreciate recruiting.  If you were a USC (west) fan coming here and talking about what an incredible class you have, we would all be agreeing with you.

But your earlier comment about it just being November shows that you really don't understand recruiting.  The ranks of 4* and 5* recruits that are not committed is now small and shrinking every day. 

Mark my words, Houston will be scrambling for 2*s on signing day to round out his class.  It is simply the way he works.

That is the nail in the coffin right there my friend.  That entire commitment list is 'MSU, MSU, MSU...LSU...Alabama...Tennessee...' and then at the bottom...'Ole Pissy'.  Nutt only has 3 of the top 25 recruits in the entire state, while MSU has 9.  Just goes to show...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

songofthesword

not one in the top 15. my gosh.

man if you could lock up mississippi every year... you'd be pretty stout

Dances With Hogs

The top of what?

keithh1999

Ahhhhh, little sissy boy... Can't handle the truth??

Don't go away mad, just go away.
Pig Farmers are cool.

Hawgvillain

If I were you, I'd be a lot more worried about moving down than moving up.  Of the teams between 51-75 on Rivals, only 4 have more commits than Ole Miss's 16.  In order to jump into the top 25 you would have to nearly triple your points on Rivals (in addition to the others not gaining any points at all).  IOW, pull your head out of the sand...

Hellafied

i tell you what..i can see ole miss winning 8 games a year on average.. as far as recruting rankings...how many times has nutt beat texas and i know texas had better players..look at vandy...they almost beat alot of teams and took georgia to the wire. hell they beat UK and we didnt. UK had 75 yrds total at the end of the 3rd quarter.. ole miss is going to have a good def. and run the football..they will be stuff...people use to say that when they played ark. that it was such a physical game. some coaches just have a nack for getting max out of players. i live in arkansas and i like what nutt did hear overall..i didnt complete agree with everything he did but i know we would be in every game we played....i wish him well and his recruitment will get better in mississippi in years to come..the low stars in mississippi is better than whts in arkansas. and one thing about nutt is he loved the razorbacks and arkansas and you cant tell me he didnt..

MojaveJoe

Quote from: Hellafied on November 19, 2008, 06:54:19 pm
i tell you what..i can see ole miss winning 8 games a year on average.. as far as recruting rankings...how many times has nutt beat texas and i know texas had better players..look at vandy...they almost beat alot of teams and took georgia to the wire. hell they beat UK and we didnt. UK had 75 yrds total at the end of the 3rd quarter.. ole miss is going to have a good def. and run the football..they will be stuff...people use to say that when they played ark. that it was such a physical game. some coaches just have a nack for getting max out of players. i live in arkansas and i like what nutt did hear overall..i didnt complete agree with everything he did but i know we would be in every game we played....i wish him well and his recruitment will get better in mississippi in years to come..the low stars in mississippi is better than whts in arkansas. and one thing about nutt is he loved the razorbacks and arkansas and you cant tell me he didnt..

What about his defenses in Arkansas makes you think he can maintain that level of defense talent he has in Miss right now? Because whatever you may think of him, he recruits and focuses almost solely on the offense. Why would his recriutment get better when he can't recruit right now with all the positive press and, frankly, euphoria in certain parts of Miss - he's never proven to be able to go out of state.

What you are saying about the stars is that crappy 2 stars in Miss are better than crappy 2 stars in Ark? Maybe, but do you really think they are that much better? We've basically owned Miss for as long as I can remember.

Hawgvillain

Read post.  Find wall/door.  Commence head-banging.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Hellafied

how many games did nutt when at ark on average?

Razorvet

I have always suspected you were stupid.

hawgwash

Having Houston Nutt as your coach is like being married to a stripper.  At first, it's exciting as she tells you how great you are and you're "scoring" a lot more (and better) than you're used to.  But you can't carry on a conversation because she can't speak a complete sentence.  And after a while you realize she's sneaking money out of your wallet and using it to buy coke.  And instead of going to work she's sleeping with your out of work cousin.  Eventually you just want her out of your life, and you sure don't want to see her happy with anyone else.

Razorvet

We need a walkons for Nutt thread so they can go there and safely make love to thier Jock Straps.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Razorvet on November 19, 2008, 07:48:12 pm
We need a walkons for Nutt thread so they can go there and safely make love to thier Jock Straps.

Dont you think we have enough Reb fans doing that?
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Hawgvillain

Quote from: Hellafied on November 19, 2008, 07:30:32 pm
Better question - what was your grade point average at the University of Mississippi?

Albert Einswine

Wilson!  I'm pretty sure this one qualifies!

keithh1999

November 20, 2008, 12:42:19 am #145 Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 08:15:31 am by keithh1999
Quote from: Hellafied on November 19, 2008, 07:30:32 pm

I'm not sure, but he did when (win) at Murray State -- He did. And when at Arkansas with Ford's recruits. He didn't when (win) with his own players too much, except diamonds in the ruff, he might when (win) some.

Hahahaha-- I love this thread almost as much as the Just Steven Hill!!  JUST WHEN BABY
Pig Farmers are cool.

PorkCheops

By my reckoning, Nutt won 7.5 games per year, on average, while at Arkansas.  That makes for a winning percentage of just more than 60 percent.

If that's good enough for Ole Miss, fine.  That was not good enough for me.

And, because this is a thread about recruiting, if you throw out his wins with those starters he mainly did not recruit (Ford's holdovers, in other words), you end up with 7.25 games won per year, a winning percentage of just below 60 percent.

Of course, the numbers change significantly if you only look at SEC games.  42 wins over ten years (80 total games), a winning percentage of barely more than fifty percent.  Pretty mediocre, as well.
"The problem is not only to win souls but to save minds. If you win the whole world and lose the mind of the world, you will soon discover that you have not won the world. Indeed it may turn out that you have actually lost the world."  Charles Malik

cbjagman

I was wondered when we'd see your tripe back on the board. Why not slink back to Ole Misery where you belong. BTW Hooter is sure building an impeneterable wall around Oxford.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Burt B.

Why not put in the work in recruiting to get better players. Year after year he has to "get more out of lower rated players".  Why not work harder recruiting and then get the most out of "better" players. Nutt couldn't consistantly win 8 games a year at Arkansas. There is no way he does it at Ole pISS. People like you always make lame excuses for hootie. Ole piss is probably a better team for you to follow at this point.