Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ole miss newest commit

Started by moley_russells_wart_hog, November 17, 2008, 10:11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moley_russells_wart_hog

alfred moreland out of ga
is a no star, is that because hes not been evaulated?

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=89481

Oklahawg

Most likely.

Sure good to see HDN beat out Duke and Middle Tennessee State for a 5-6 RB.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

TransAmHawg

I'm sure he's a winner and a fighter that won't let go of the rope.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

bwbcpa

I see the "woody" in Ole Miss' future...

sooie84

Glad to see that "he is excited to be a rebel" .  He may be small, but I bet he has a lot of heart...  :-)

Ham Ham Pigelow

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 17, 2008, 10:14:16 pm
Most likely.

Sure good to see HDN beat out Duke and Middle Tennessee State for a 5-6 RB.
That's because he's got heart and he's precious.

Eddie Piggard

diamond in the rough, I say......
Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8

Albert Einswine

Quote from: TransAmHawg on November 17, 2008, 10:16:14 pm
I'm sure he's a winner and a fighter that won't let go of the rope.

Good rope grip is essential.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Tortfeasor

He's looking for the next Reggie Fish

Gus the head hog

Fatmanhog

to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Heart...   LOTS.....OF......HEART.... sniffle...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Shoatly

From an Ole Miss msg board:

New commitment... When did we start recruting slow midgets?

Nov 17, 2008 10:02 PM

http://mississippi.scout....8&c=1&nid=3578367

Alfred Moreland, a 5-6, 170 4.66 40 running RB. I mean, the rational part of my brain says there must be something Nutt sees (perhaps he is the missing "perfect fit" candidate for the Wild Rebel that the Spirit guys keep talking about) to justify offering this guy and accepting his commitment. Then again, without any hog lurkers being a smartass, it is somewhat disconcerting to see his commitment; his only other offer was Air Force...

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Was his daddy a teammate of Hootie's? He's SPECIAL!
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Captain Hogthrob

I'm sure the kid loves the helmet.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

moley_russells_wart_hog

i wonder what the recruiting budget for ole miss will be this year,

nutts last full year here it was almost a million bucks

Zen_Hog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I just looked at your link... They are running the wild rebel at that school... Looks like HDN is going to run that formation into the ground...  Kid smay have upside... I hope he doesn't loose his scholly after HDn gets fired...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: Shoatly on November 17, 2008, 10:28:58 pm

Alfred Moreland, a 5-6, 170 4.66 40 running RB. I mean, the rational part of my brain says there must be something Nutt sees (perhaps he is the missing "perfect fit" candidate for the Wild Rebel that the Spirit guys keep talking about) to justify offering this guy and accepting his commitment. Then again, without any hog lurkers being a smartass, it is somewhat disconcerting to see his commitment; his only other offer was Air Force...

i was banned from the ole miss scout board, and i didnt say any bad at all,
those guys over there must have small richard syndrome

Albert Einswine

Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on November 17, 2008, 10:33:47 pm

They're all-Nutt, no-Richard at Ole Miss. 8)
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

razorbackmkh

It will be called the wild little person. He will hide behind Oher, take the snap from center, then ride on Oher's back down field. Watch out SEC!
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

WMHawgfan

How did he possibley have time to find this gem with his phone ringing off the hook from Florida athletes calling?

mtnmusic

I wonder if TCTWF took a few snaps from him.. By the way, whatever became of that kid?

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

hawgsav1

Quote from: razorbackmkh on November 17, 2008, 10:35:46 pm
It will be called the wild little person. He will hide behind Oher, take the snap from center, then ride on Oher's back down field. Watch out SEC!

Oher's going to the NFL after this 'special' season. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

kcabrozaR

WE EAT SAWDUST WE CRAP LOGS WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT MEAN ASS HOGS
          Do not argue with an idiot, people watching may not notice the difference!

ua_hogs

Shoatly

Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on November 17, 2008, 10:33:47 pm

Actually I got it from the Nafoom site.  I have to say that some of those guys are pretty funny over there. 

hawgsav1

He has good change of direction and good maneuverability, but his top end speed doesn't seem to be that great. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

jgphillips3

hogrock

"alfred moreland out of ga is a no star"

hahaha, i just love it, i really do!   ;D

chortle

That kid isn't ready for a "two chinstrap" league.

Rooka

hawgfan80

They've got to have someone ready to replace Dexter McCluster, the fumble machine.

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: chortle on November 17, 2008, 11:18:40 pm
That kid isn't ready for a "two chinstrap" league.

i would say the kid we got from farmington to walk on is a darn sight better

ChicoHog

I agree this looks a little wacky but remember we just offered a GA fullback whose only other offer was Western Carolina.  The good news is Petrino knows how to evaluate talent much better than Nutt. 

RunnerHog

Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on November 17, 2008, 10:11:25 pm
alfred moreland out of ga
is a no star, is that because hes not been evaulated?

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=89481

Must be one of the Otis Kirk surprise recruits. LOL

RunnerHog

Quote from: hawgfan80 on November 17, 2008, 11:33:29 pm
They've got to have someone ready to replace Dexter McCluster, the fumble machine.

I think Nutt thought Dexter McCluster was related to Deuce McCallister somehow.

dhornjr1

Quote from: WMHawgfan on November 17, 2008, 10:37:02 pm
How did he possibley have time to find this gem with his phone ringing off the hook from Florida athletes calling?

LOL

Sivad

Guess all the studs from Florida quit calling.

usnavyhogfan

I'm sure he's a special winner and a fighter with
A big heart who always buckles both his chinstraps while never letting go of that rope and is so short it will mess you up
The dream is free, the journey is not.

Brosshog

More with less is Hootie's motto. LMFAO!!

SquidBilly

Just a hunch here but I think he signed him to have a better chance with his teammate Lartey.  Nutt's recruiting philosophy is rather than work hard to get the guy you want he'd rather just offer one of their friends and have him do the recruiting.  I'm glad he's wasting scholarships over there now and not at Arkansas.

Pork Authority

Wonder what the deal is?
Does Alfred Moreland's dad work for ESPN, or something?

Boarcephus

Quote from: Shoatly on November 17, 2008, 10:28:58 pm

this in one of the first of the Ole Miss faithful to step back and ask himself, "what in the hell is in this koolade?  Just doesn't taste right."  It appears not everyone in the state of Mississippi is buying the used car he's trying to sell.   I bet their Chancellor or AD won't be as gullible as White was. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

TheyCallMeHogLuver

Rivals recruiting rankings for the last 4 years:

Ole Miss
2006  16
2007  27
2008  29
2009  50 currently

Arkansas
2006  26
2007  31
2008  36
2009  16 currently

Enjoy it this year Ole Miss....the decline has already begun.

Boarcephus

Quote from: TheyCallMeHogLuver on November 18, 2008, 05:24:54 am
Rivals recruiting rankings for the last 4 years:

Ole Miss
2006  16
2007  27
2008  29
2009  50 currently
Enjoy it this year Ole Miss....the decline has already begun.

Interesting, I thought Ogerons we're better than that.  I thought he had a class or two in the top ten.  Guess not.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

razorbak

From the Ole Miss poster: When did we start recruiting slow midgets?

LOL!!!
"If I could rest anywhere it would be in Arkansaw where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grow nowhere else on the face of the universal earth." [Davy Crockett 1834]

"If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision." [Major General Patrick Cleburne, Confederate Civil War hero from Arkansas]

The Confederacy had no better soldiers than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond prudence. [Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.]

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

3kgthog

When you think about Houston Nutt you have to think about the handful of players that literally saved his job. He was extremely lucky to get Matt Jones, Felix Jones, and Darren McFadden. Those three players alone prolonged his tenure by at least 4 seasons because they single-handedly pulled several victories from the jaws of defeat. Take away any one of those guys and we could've easily seen 4-5 losing seasons in a row on the UA record books.

I wish nothing but failure for Ole Miss, but I can't help almost feeling sorry for their fans who are so happy with getting him. He couldn't get over the hump at his home state school where he had all the advantages in the world. I think he truly did/does love the Razorbacks, but even that wasn't enough. What on earth would convince Ole Miss fans that he'll be able to get it done where he has in-state competition not to mention the coaching upgrades at Bama and Arkansas? It's truly baffling.