Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas Tech at OU - Who ya got and why?

Started by Hogtropolis™, November 17, 2008, 06:48:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

I say Tech wins this one and I say the reason why is because their D will be able to hold OU more times than OU's D will be able to hold TT.

Should be a great game and assuming that OU can come away with a W against Okie St. and that either one should be able to beat Mizzou in the Big 12 CG, the winner of this game should be playing the winner of Bama/Florida game in the NC.

I say TT wins in a shootout...52-41.

GWFan

TTech because OU's defense won't be able to contain Tex Tech's high powered offense.

RivercrestHog

HatfieldHog

OU is gonna treat them ugly!   This one will not be close.  OU wins big!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Boardon Hamsay

Man, this is a tough one because it's in Norman.  Regardless, I'm taking Tech 56-35 because OU's pass defense is suspect and Texas Tech has finally started playing defense.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Cubbie08

JethroB.

TT     49
OU     35
This game is going to be sweet.  OU is going to try and stop TT's powerful offense and come up short.  OU seems to be solid, but, tech will score too quick and often for ou to stop them.

judgeroyswine

OU, because I want TT to win and OU exists to be a thorn in my side and a pain in my backside.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Oliver

OU will win this one by about 2 TD's maybe 3.  Take OU this week for easy money. 

Once again:  OU HAS LOST 2 HOME GAMES UNDER BOB STOOPS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS.

snoblind

Quote from: judgeroyswine on November 17, 2008, 07:34:48 pm
OU, because I want TT to win and OU exists to be a thorn in my side and a pain in my backside.

What he said...

Plus the best chance TT has is me picking OU.  I don't bet football since 1977.  Fellow in my dorm from Indiana gave me Texas and 21 points against Notre Dame.  ND won 38-10.  Why lose money on football when I have the stock market?

LR-HOG

I say OU.    Lets see what happens when you say, "You Won't Win."

If they were playing a 10-0 mid major team it might be a different story.

Do I like OU?  No - I am jealous of OU.

SRFL

I'm on TT.  The OU pass rush did not impress me when they played UT and TT has shown they can defend Harrell enough to give him time to pick apart defenses.  Leach knows OU will try to come at Harrell and has enough in his playbook to score points.  The exact same logic can be applied to OU but OU will rely on the run more than TT, and I think TT can do enough to slow it down to win.

BL, it all begins in the trenches on both sides of the ball.  TT is not the same TT we have seen in the past...on the name fools us.

ballhog™

OU...bye week allows TT to wake up from dream season.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Tejano Jawg

I think Tech can do it. If they roll into Norman and beat OU, the feeling will be like I had after the Fiesta Bowl a couple years ago, when Boise State beat them at the end.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

jamie72921

Isn't this game in Norman?

Tech will lose on the road.
Bless your heart

Pecos Hog

I want TT to win - and on paper it would seem logical - but it's OU in Norman.    OU will pull it out.   

mmweber01

Tech loses becuse they just don't have the big game experience to beat OU in Norman.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Oliver Miller on November 17, 2008, 07:41:44 pm
OU will win this one by about 2 TD's maybe 3.  Take OU this week for easy money. 

Once again:  OU HAS LOST 2 HOME GAMES UNDER BOB STOOPS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS.
Who have they lost to and what were they ranked at the time?  Just wondering.

LJHOG

I'll take OU.  Their safety won't drop the floater.

oldbear

I am sticking with TTU until they get to the NC game against Florida.

It isn't the most informed of guesses since I haven't seen a lot of OU this year. I just think it will take the speed of the Gators to make enough stops of the TTU offense to win.

Oliver

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on November 17, 2008, 08:21:09 pm
Who have they lost to and what were they ranked at the time?  Just wondering.

TCU - Home Opener in 2004 I believe.  Rhett Bomar's freshman year.  Probably 3rd worst team Stoops has ever had.  Ranked around 10th or something.  TCU was unranked at the time.

Oklahoma State - Season finale.  Game before they played us in the Cotton Bowl.  One of Stoop's best defensive teams but no doubt his worst offensive team he's had at OU.  Oklahoma State was unranked.

alohawg

OU wins as clock strikes midnight for TT. Sooners have date with Gators down the road, book it.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hogdoc97

OU in a close one.  The lose to texas will be a great motivation and they will have home field advantage. 

jmingram911

I say TTU wins because their offense will outscore anyone else's defense.  TT wins 38-28.

wacohogbill

TT wins this one.  I've followed this team this year, and unless they are cold, they are pretty much unstoppable.  Plus, their D has been a factor this year, unlike seasons in the past.  I look for them to take Alabama for all of the end-of-the-year goodies.

Hoggish1

Gotta go with OU simply because they're home.  Should be over 100 pts. scored.  But man would I love to see TT get to the championship game against Florida!

REALTOR Hog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 17, 2008, 09:41:29 pm
Gotta go with OU simply because they're home.  Should be over 100 pts. scored.  But man would I love to see TT get to the championship game against Florida!

Why is everyone assuming Florida is going to beat Alabama? Which one beat Hootie? ALABAMA!

I'm not saying that Alabama is the automatic winner, but geeze, give them a chance. Alabama looked tougher against us then Florida did.

After saying that, I say Tech wins, I like them a heck of a lot better then Oklahoma.
- GO HOGS -

NWASooner

OU has 4 offensive skill players who can take a screen pass and go 50 yards with it.  Tech has zero.

Despite OU's non tackling defense, OU plays very well at home and Tech historically doesn't play well in Norman.

OU wins this by double digits but it's still a high scoring affair.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: NWASooner on November 17, 2008, 10:03:42 pm
OU has 4 offensive skill players who can take a screen pass and go 50 yards with it.  Tech has zero.
You're kidding about Tech having zero right?  Have you not watched either of their last two games?

kcabrozaR

OU will not lose to Texas and a Texas W2B in the same year.
WE EAT SAWDUST WE CRAP LOGS WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT MEAN ASS HOGS
          Do not argue with an idiot, people watching may not notice the difference!

31to6

hawgcaller

I am going with Texas Tech. It don't matter how many games they have won in Norman,the game will be won based on the play Saturday not historical tradition.  This is not the same TTU they are used to playing. Besides that, I hate OU worse than Texas.

GabeMartini

94-92, OU (5 Overtimes), in the most pathetic display of defense ever. Ever.

webbgem

Matthew 6:34

DeltaBoy

Tech by 14 OU is a paper tiger this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

kimjongsqUeAl

OU will win this one.  I wish not but the glory days are over for the team from Lubbock.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

irishman

Texas Tech, because my brother in law who just moved in with us is a big, obnoxious OU fan. I just don't want to listen to him mouth off.

TexHog188

Harrell and Crabtree are the real deal.... Tech in a upset, and yes it will be an upset to win in Norman.  But I'll be pulling for OU since I want the B(S)CS to be in turmoil.  3 one loss teams in the Big 12 South, and Texas probably gets screwed, gotta love that.

Go Hogs Beat MisStake
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

BAMF*tuba*MAC

OU wins by 2 or 3 TD's   

Tech can only run on that home advantage so long.
........TUCK FEXAS........

Captain Hogthrob

TT has looked better to me. I don't see the OU defense shutting them down. Therefore I think they win.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mo_Better_Hogs

The question is...is Tech overachieving? They killed OSU and went blow for blow against the Horns, pulling out the win at the end.

But OU at HOME? I'll be rooting for Tech, but this time I don't think they get it done.

artyhog

I'm taking TT.  I think their passing game will be better than OUs.

oklahogjr

oklahoma wins this one big time  by atleast two touchdowns..the tech dream is over
lets go bowlin

Pigsknuckles

Just a few quick (and maybe meaningless) numbers. Could be a couple of points slop here or there. OU offense is averaging about 51pts/game against Techs 48pts/game with somewhat similar schedules. OU gives up an average of about 24pts/game against Techs 22. Interestingly, OU gave up only about 14pts/game prior to Reynolds (linebacker) being hurt in the Texas game. since that time they have given up 33pts/ game. I'm guessing that Tech will try to exploit that hole in the OU defense with a lot of underneath stuff. No breakdown here comparing passing vs. running. As previously posted, they are playing in Norman. I'm guessing that will be good for maybe 14pts. All in all, it looks like a shoot out. Both teams can put up some tall offensive numbers, but both can be had on defense. Turnovers anyone? My pick-OU by a slim margin due to home field. I'll be rooting for Tech.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Okie Hog

OU defends Owen Field very well.  I predict a Sooner win.  I'm also lucky enough to be going to this game.

3kgthog

Gotta go with Texas Tech. The artist formerly known as "Big Game" Bob Stoops has choked in nearly every big game since his brother left for Arizona. The toughness and physicality that OU used to have (remember the Cotton Bowl?) is no more.

Beaverfever

I see TT winning.  I just can't see any conceivable way that OU holds TT to less than 42 points.  OU has a hideous defense.

RazorChuck

Tech now has a running game and a defense to go with that passing thing, 56- 24, Tech

want2be

TT has been riding the high at home....but they won't be able to take the smell of Lubbock to Norman...Okie is sky high for this one and takes it.