Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sheldon Richardson!!!

Started by Hogbody, November 16, 2008, 11:08:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogbody

Looks like we are closer than some people think.
He has us in his top 4 :)

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/812570.html

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

rmbaltosax

A-A-R-K-A-N-S-A-S for Arkansas!
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

The_Hill

Really you could say top 3 because I seriously doubt that he has much interest in Minnesota
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

Greyhands

WOW!!! He even talks about the Hogs in the article. This would be BIG if we could get Richardson . This recuiting class could be one we will remember for a long time.

Greyhands

Hogbody

Quote from: Greyhands on November 16, 2008, 11:16:14 pm
WOW!!! He even talks about the Hogs in the article. This would be BIG if we could get Richardson . This recuiting class could be one we will remember for a long time.

Greyhands

No doubt.  Many I would love to have some good news when he visits in January.

Anyone know if we are looking at Richardson as a DE, where he prefers to play?

AFWarrior83

Well thanks for getting me psyched up...

I thought he de-commited and commmited to Arkansas or something.  I mean you did put 3 exclimation marks!!!

Still good news though.
Hogville member since 2005.

Greyhands

Quote from: Hogbody on November 16, 2008, 11:17:26 pm
No doubt.  Many I would love to have some good news when he visits in January.

Anyone know if we are looking at Richardson as a DE, where he prefers to play?
i would tell Sheldon if u can take the starting DE position then u can play it .

Hogbody

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on November 16, 2008, 11:18:19 pm
Well thanks for getting me psyched up...

I thought he de-commited and commmited to Arkansas or something.  I mean you did put 3 exclimation marks!!!

Still good news though.

It probably would have taken at least 6 if he commited to us Lol.

It just seemed that everyone I heard thought we were only an exremely outside shot, but him putting us in his top 4, talking about us, and coming down in January seems to point towards us having a chance.

Greyhands

Quote from: Hogbody on November 16, 2008, 11:21:48 pm
It probably would have taken at least 6 if he commited to us Lol.

It just seemed that everyone I heard thought we were only an exremely outside shot, but him putting us in his top 4, talking about us, and coming down in January seems to point towards us having a chance.
A freaking d@m good chance!!

AFWarrior83

Playing in the SEC is a definate draw, expecially considering our conference games will be on ESPN every week.  His parents could watch him on TV or even travel down to watch in person.  I know location isn't a major factor, but it can't hurt.

Miami sounds like the leader, but they play in a pathetic conference, that's why they are 7-3 right now.  Miami of the 90's isn't the same as the current Miami or even ACC.
Hogville member since 2005.

Hogbody

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on November 16, 2008, 11:27:35 pm
Playing in the SEC is a definate draw, expecially considering our conference games will be on ESPN every week.  His parents could watch him on TV or even travel down to watch in person.  I know location isn't a major factor, but it can't hurt.

Miami sounds like the leader, but they play in a pathetic conference, that's why they are 7-3 right now.  Miami of the 90's isn't the same as the current Miami or even ACC.

Take me tooooooo, party townnnnnn....

I bet going to school in Miami is crazy

ChicoHog

Sounds like he is enthralled with the big lights of Miami!  Our hope is he thinks more about facilities playing in the SEC and less about hanging out on South Beach!

dhornjr1

I really think Wingo is sold on Arkansas and he's just trying to convince his buddy Richardson to tag along so they can knock heads against the best in the nation, the SEC.

One thing that disturbs me in the article is that Richardson says that Arkansas is recruiting him at DT and he wants to play DE. Are you kidding me? If he wants to play DE, you play him there. I hear he has the skill set to do it.

bigt05

exactly if he says he wants to play DE you have to give him a shot there first...

VenturaHog

Quote from: dhornjr1 on November 17, 2008, 12:31:56 am
I really think Wingo is sold on Arkansas and he's just trying to convince his buddy Richardson to tag along so they can knock heads against the best in the nation, the SEC.

One thing that disturbs me in the article is that Richardson says that Arkansas is recruiting him at DT and he wants to play DE. Are you kidding me? If he wants to play DE, you play him there. I hear he has the skill set to do it.

Or at least tell him that.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Nice article about Sheldon. I think maybe we need to recruit him as a DE, if that is what it takes.
     Nonetheless, it is very exciting that he has us in his top four. We have a good a shot as anybody else. Go!Hogs!Go!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

HogNuttz

Sounds like the kid likes Miami to me.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Hogs-n-Roses

In past years,late in the process,we hardly ever got a serious look from high profile kids that we really needed. If we can land a few of them it can change how we perceive ourselves and get some swagger back as a fan base. We need it bad. We've been sold on the poor little ole Arky crap by JFB for so long that its taken hold. This is big.

The Boar War

Quote from: HogNuttz on November 17, 2008, 06:28:11 am
Sounds like the kid likes Miami to me.

I agree.  There was a two or three sentence bleep about Arkansas compared to a few paragraphs about Miami.  The January visit may be a deal maker with him but I think we will definitly have to offer the defensive end spot. 

The real Hogules

November 17, 2008, 07:44:03 am #20 Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:45:48 am by The real Hogules
I think our coaches would do very well if they recruited Sheldon Richardson as an athlete and not for a specific position.

Sheldon himself has said in other articles that I have read that if he grows in a DT he has no problem with playing that position, but at the moment he fancies himself a TE and DE type.

I'd promise the kid the opportunity to start out practicing at whichever position he wanted to play, but let him know up front that there "could" be earlier PT at another position where there might be a greater need for a beast like him.

If he'd rather be burried on our depth chart at TE and possibly RS his first season and become our next stud TE after a year of learnig the system and proving himself, then more power to the young man!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

RazorBassin

I like our chances better now, but it sounds like he is high on Miami.   I hope we change his mind in Jan.

Beaverfever

It seems like Miami is his favorite program but the distance thing favors us and Mizzou. 

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: I just read that Arkansas is recruiting Sheldon as an athlete and will put him in where he fits the best. Whether it be TE or DE or DL. This is what I just read a few minutes ago, and that it would be music to Sheldon's ears.
     Take it for what it is worth.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

jackflash

If Richardson wants to play TE or DE, BP will let him. If we get Wingo our chances on Sheldon will increase.

Tusks

If the hogs can get these two to campus for a visit then anything can happen.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

mhuff

Hey I say let him play DE and TE. If he wants to -let him drive the bus or fly the airplane. I think we have an excellent chance with both of them.

TexHog188

I think we are a lock for this kid.  He did say that he wanted to major in Criminal Justice and with the way the Fayetteville PD interacts with the football team, I'd say there is great synergy. ;)
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

RazorBassin

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 17, 2008, 11:38:10 am
It seems like Miami is his favorite program but the distance thing favors us and Mizzou. 

Take it for what its worth, but straight from his mouth in an interview that mizzouman posted he stated that distance no longer mattered to him.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: TexHog188 on November 17, 2008, 04:26:27 pm
I think we are a lock for this kid.  He did say that he wanted to major in Criminal Justice and with the way the Fayetteville PD interacts with the football team, I'd say there is great synergy. ;)

That's probably why thug U is at the top of his list.

Razorvet

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 17, 2008, 07:44:03 am
I think our coaches would do very well if they recruited Sheldon Richardson as an athlete and not for a specific position.

Sheldon himself has said in other articles that I have read that if he grows in a DT he has no problem with playing that position, but at the moment he fancies himself a TE and DE type.

I'd promise the kid the opportunity to start out practicing at whichever position he wanted to play, but let him know up front that there "could" be earlier PT at another position where there might be a greater need for a beast like him.

If he'd rather be burried on our depth chart at TE and possibly RS his first season and become our next stud TE after a year of learnig the system and proving himself, then more power to the young man!

Early playing time is not gonna be a problem for him no matter where he plays. Do you see anyone on the defensive side of the ball at any position thay could could keep this man off the field? Im just saying. If hes a Hog he will play from the first down of game one.

songofthesword

if he is attracted to the big ligbhts, let him go to miami.. tip your had.. nothing you can do about that. miami is going to get kids simply because they are in miami. it is what it is

jgphillips3

All I want is to still be in the mix when he and Wingo come down in January.  If he keeps his visit and doesn't have the Miami offer or has cooled on them, we will be in good position.  Also, if Florida (or Bama) should get to the NC game and monkey stomp another opponent, the allure of the SEC may be hard to resist.  That would be the first three peat ever for a conference I think.  If not ever, certainly in the modern era.

Music City Hog

Quote from: songofthesword on November 18, 2008, 01:27:46 pm
if he is attracted to the big ligbhts, let him go to miami.. tip your had.. nothing you can do about that. miami is going to get kids simply because they are in miami. it is what it is

Attracted to big lights?  Those Miami games are like a graveyard.  That stadium is half empty on their best attendance day.  The only bright lights for UM is when they play on the road. 

hawgsav1

Let him play punter or kicker if he wants to.  I'd like to have him on the squad. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

charlescraigb

Quote from: dhornjr1 on November 17, 2008, 12:31:56 am

lol i know!!!! thank you!

1longshot

i'd bet the staff has said they'll give him the chance to play where he wants first and if it doesn't work out they would like to try him at tackle that seems to be what they told every other recruit last year concerning running back

Quote from: Joe on November 17, 2008, 04:42:46 am
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Nice article about Sheldon. I think maybe we need to recruit him as a DE, if that is what it takes.
     Nonetheless, it is very exciting that he has us in his top four. We have a good a shot as anybody else. Go!Hogs!Go!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: