Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you could vote for the Heisman trophy...

Started by hogsndawgs, November 16, 2008, 09:44:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would get your vote if you had to vote today?

Graham Harrell
130 (56%)
Tim Tebow
26 (11.2%)
Percy Harvin
7 (3%)
Sam Bradford
16 (6.9%)
Michael Crabtree
24 (10.3%)
Colt McCoy
27 (11.6%)
Other
2 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 223

hogsndawgs

I'd have a hard time picking, but I'd have to go with one of the guys from TTU at this point.

gohogsgo006

Harrell. He and TT are unstoppable. Until he blows it away, he deserves the award.
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

MS Razorback

I would vote for Harrell TODAY and if they run the table through the Big XII championship. If they lose to OU, and then Florida blows out FSU and Alabama like they have been doing to everyone else the last 6 weeks, then I would vote for Tebow.

moses_007

nwa_razorback_coffee

Kevin Bacon

hogsndawgs

Harrell in a landslide! I thought it was a coin toss, but I voted for Crabtree. I've never seen anyone make catches like that guy. Plus, Kingsbury and Symons put up similar numbers at TTU. Granted, Harrell has won big games unlike the previous two QBs...It's a tough call. I'd like to give them each a half of a vote.

ChicoHog

McCoy has done it without a top notch receiver or RB.  I agree harrel has been outstanding and to me it's a toss up but If TT runs the table I go Harrell, it Texas wins BIG 12 then Mccoy.

nwa_razorback_coffee

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 16, 2008, 10:38:21 pm
McCoy has done it without a top notch receiver or RB.

Bingo. And that is the difference between the Heisman and the team winning the National Championship

passinghog

oklahogjr

colt mccoy is playing the best...i say that because he is able to run and pass and that is what college football is going towards right now...he seems to play the best college ball...i refuse to vote for someone based on how well there team does.
lets go bowlin

HogSlop

My vote goes to Percy Harvin. He doesn't have a shot, but he's my favorite and most talented of the bunch. 167 yards and 2 TD's on 8 carries against a, was it a top 3 defense, and he plays WR.
If you just Steven hill, just Steven Hill on Facebook too. Just the link...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=43888077153#/group.php?gid=43888077153

scarolinahog

I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

Milton

Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

Pa-Paw

I will go with Colt McCoy. I've followed this kid's progress all the way from his High School years. As a matter of fact, my Avatar has been Colt McCoy for a long time. I'm sure folks thought it was a Razorback player because of the uniform. That's a High School picture. He may not win the trophy, but he is a good clean-cut kid that is all about team, and not himself.

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

sp84hogs

If Tebow beats out any of the three Big 12 QB's or Crabtree, with only around 2,100 passing yards 500 rush yards and a crapload of TD runs from inside the 5 then I think that should be considered highway robbery....
"When we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ****** difference between winning and losing, between living and dying" - Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results.

webbgem

Matthew 6:34

ark525

Although the same argument could probably be made for Crabtree, Harrell, or McCoy, I'd go with Tebow for one reason.

Early in the season, FL tried to limit Tebow's rushing, etc. so he wouldn't get hurt.  It quickly became apparent that they don't have a team unless Tebow is THE guy on their team.  FL doesn't have an offense without Tebow.  Harvin is the only other guy on their team who consistently produces.  The rest of their receivers drop the ball all the time, and most of their runningbacks can't find holes to run through.

I'd love to see somebody else get it, but my gut tells me Tebow is the guy from the standpoint of most valuable player, if for no other reason than we have seen what FL is when he is limited.  We haven't seen that with any of the other candidates.

HotlantaHog

Rank        Player                         G Rush  Net Pyds   Tot  Yds/gm
1. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech            10   28   -5 4077  4072   407.2
2. Case Keenum, Houston                  10   62  211 3794  4005   400.5
3. Chase Clement, Rice                   10  119  510 3116  3626   362.6
4. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma                10   30   24 3406  3430   343.0
5. Chase Daniel, Missouri                11   41  136 3592  3728   338.9
6. David Johnson, Tulsa                  10   57  107 3254  3361   336.1
7. Colt McCoy, Texas                     11  117  527 3134  3661   332.8
8. Juice Williams, Illinois              11  150  625 2961  3586   326.0
9. Max Hall, BYU                         11   48   57 3424  3481   316.5
10. Tim Hiller, Western Mich.             11   37   12 3382  3394   308.5

36. Tim Tebow, Florida                    10  119  393 1913  2306   230.

-- I think Graham Harrell is the obvious choice. If Texas Tech beats Oklahoma, it won't be close.

Junkyard Hog

hogdogcrazy

After what they did to DMac last year I consider the heisman a joke of an award which I no longer give a care about.  I get mad just thinking about jerks like Spurrier who didn't list him 1st 2nd or 3rd but left Darren off their ballot completely.  The thing is a joke.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

PorcineSublime

ABTON=anyone but Tebow of Nazereth. Not that CBS and ESPiN are not campaigning for him, but this time I think it will be McCoy or Harrell.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

BAMF*tuba*MAC

........TUCK FEXAS........

HotlantaHog

Tebow will be in the final four or five but no way he wins this year, even if Florida wins out as expected and heads to the national championship game.

Tusks

I don't know....the hogs are like 26-8 all time vs. TTech....I hate to see them get a HT winner before the hogs....but may the best man win.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

TXrazorback

Crabtree for sure.  I realize that Harrell throws the ball to him, but he makes incredible things happen after the catch.
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

StoernerJonesFan

I would vote the punter for Ole Miss before I would vote for Tebow...

Harrell, Crabtree, McCoy, Harvin and then maybe Tebow.

hogsndawgs

Quote from: oklahogjr on November 17, 2008, 01:40:16 am
colt mccoy is playing the best...i say that because he is able to run and pass and that is what college football is going towards right now...he seems to play the best college ball...i refuse to vote for someone based on how well there team does.

McCoy is incredible, but Harrell's numabers are better and he beat McCoy head to head.

StoernerJonesFan

1. Harrell
2. McCoy
3. Bradford
4. Crabtree
48. Ole Miss Punter
49. Tebow

Gus the head hog

HotlantaHog

Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on November 17, 2008, 12:32:26 pm
I would vote the punter for Ole Miss before I would vote for Tebow...

If the Ole Miss punter is a finalist, TCTWF will take credit.

SPAL

You talkin about for next year?

I thought they decided last year to let tebow win it 2 years in a row.

russell33

Ex-Trumpet

Tebow has shown what he means to the Fla team...he is worthy of a repeat.  Not saying no one else is deserving, but Tebow is a winner, plain & simple.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

LJHOG

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2008, 09:53:42 pm
Harrell's the best passer I've seen.
Haven't seen a lot of QB's have you?   He's not any better than Klinger and Ware at Houston or the previous TT QB's under Leach.

Gus the head hog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 17, 2008, 05:17:45 pm
Tebow has shown what he means to the Fla team...he is worthy of a repeat.  Not saying no one else is deserving, but Tebow is a winner, plain & simple.
Barf! I'll shoot myself in the head if I have to hear him go on and on about Jesus again!

jmingram911

I would say Colt McCoy, although it pains me terribly to vote for a Shorthorn.

bolo

R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends

jamie72921

Tim Tebow.

Stats are for losers.

The difference in Fla right now is that Tebow said that this team would go back to work and out work every other team in the nation.

He has delivered on that promise. Harrell can't even sniff that.
Bless your heart

PrescottHog

harrell, people say it's his offense but it is him just being able to make the throws.

StoernerJonesFan

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 17, 2008, 05:17:45 pm

Quote from: jamie72921 on November 17, 2008, 10:01:12 pm
Tim Tebow.

Stats are for losers.

The difference in Fla right now is that Tebow said that this team would go back to work and out work every other team in the nation.

He has delivered on that promise. Harrell can't even sniff that.

This my response to both of you:
Tim Tebow is an amazing athlete, who has played on one of the best teams of this decade hands down.  I can concede to that.

However, what we saw last year (not looking through Hog-colored lenses) was Heisman Hype for a great player, not the best player.  His stats were incredibly padded and had ESPiN not run a personal campaign for him would have finished 2nd or 3rd.  Being a previous heisman winner (or even finalist) gets you an awful lot of credit for your next run at the award, unfortunately for us Tebow is getting a lot more credit where credit is not due. 

Is he a great player?  Yes
Does he belong in the top 3 (heisman finalists)?  Absolutely NOT
Does he belong in the top 5? Maybe

I hate to say it b/c i love the SEC, but the Heisman will go to a Big 12 player this year. 

jamie72921

Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on November 17, 2008, 10:31:29 pm
Tim Tebow is an amazing athlete, who has played on one of the best teams of this decade hands down.  I can concede to that.

However, what we saw last year (not looking through Hog-colored lenses) was Heisman Hype for a great player, not the best player.  His stats were incredibly padded and had ESPiN not run a personal campaign for him would have finished 2nd or 3rd.  Being a previous heisman winner (or even finalist) gets you an awful lot of credit for your next run at the award, unfortunately for us Tebow is getting a lot more credit where credit is not due. 

I hate to say it b/c i love the SEC, but the Heisman will go to a Big 12 player this year. 

I am not saying that I think he will win.

I am saying that he would get my vote for the reasons I stated.
Bless your heart

Captain Hogthrob

They are all great players but its hard to argue with where Harrell has his team right now.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

hogsndawgs

Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on November 17, 2008, 10:31:29 pm

The question was not "who do you think will win?" The question was "Who would you vote for?".

hawgsav1

I can't believe Mark May left McFadden off his ballot completely.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

GabeMartini

I think Tebow should have to give his first Heisman trophy to McFadden, much less win a SECOND one... Sheesh. Most over-rated player ever, and if he ever stops circumcising people long enough to go to the NFL, everyone will see this to be the case.

Ahem.

Anyway, Harrell should win, hands down. Fantastic passer and will do great in the NFL if he wants to.