Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vandy's sixth win -- thank you all

Started by vandybuff, November 16, 2008, 07:12:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

vandybuff

Many of you have been very supportive of our program and we finally made it after 19 earlier tries at a "bowl eligible" win with no success!

Thank you - God bless you - and I hope you are bowling this year, too!

I might not be back to this board for a few days so do no be offended if I do not reply - very busy at this time of year ...... and no, I am not Santa!  :)
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

dakpowers

doo-ran

I was very pleased to see Vandy win. I hope they beat Phat Phil next week and solidify that bowl bid.

Lanny

Good win for Vandy but go for the 7th victory against Tennessee.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Boarcephus

Happy for the program.  Pop UT's fanny and get a better bowl and win that sucker as well.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

lazyj70

Go Vandy!  Glad to see Vandy get to a bowl game!  Now go beat UT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wacohogbill

Best of luck to Vandy, VandyBuff.  I always enjoy your thoughtful and gentlemanly posts.  I hope you don't fade on us after the season is over, but continue to deliver at least a periodic post.

Masshog

My feets hurt.

fineswine

Good job 'Dores! Be proud to be the strongest of the Tennessee teams.

mtnmusic

A classy win for a class act! Here's hoping you guys take the state championship next week..

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

hillhog

Quote from: Lanny on November 16, 2008, 08:30:29 am
Yeah, make it happen!!

Tomhog™

I thought KY was going to come back when they scored their last TD. But, Vandy stood strong and finished the game. I'll be rooting for them against UT and their bowl game.

Albert Einswine

Go Vandy!  Beat the crap out of the orange!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

jkstock04

Vandy beating Tennessee next weekend would add insult to injury to be sure.  I hope to see it happen.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Lake City Hog

Don't let us down, beat the crap out of UT!

Bryan (CHF)

Congrats to Vandy! Oh and beat the dogcrap out of Tenn!!!!
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Cajun Hog

Quote from: doo-ran on November 16, 2008, 07:35:37 am
I was very pleased to see Vandy win. I hope they beat Phat Phil next week and solidify that bowl bid.

Agree 100%, send Phat Phil out with a loss.

longtimeHogfan

I'm happy for Vandy, it's been a long dry spell.  Now set your sights on Phat Phil Phulmer's puke, orange (yuck, spit) Tenisissy Viles.  I'll be rooting for you....
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

ChicoHog

It's really a shame you guys loss to MSU and Duke.  You could have had  a pretty good bowl game but at least you should get one.  Hope you beat Tenn this week.

El Puerco

Silver Hog

Congrats and you earned it, and double thanks for beating Nutt and making him miserable! 

vol_in_ar

[/qu
Quote from: Boarcephus on November 16, 2008, 08:34:22 am
Happy for the program.  Pop UT's fanny and get a better bowl and win that sucker as well.
Quote from: fineswine on November 16, 2008, 09:26:44 am
Good job 'Dores! Be proud to be the strongest of the Tennessee teams.
Quote from: mtnmusic on November 16, 2008, 09:27:54 am
A classy win for a class act! Here's hoping you guys take the state championship next week..
Quote from: hillhog on November 16, 2008, 09:34:23 am
Yeah, make it happen!!
Quote from: Tomhog™ on November 16, 2008, 09:46:21 am
I thought KY was going to come back when they scored their last TD. But, Vandy stood strong and finished the game. I'll be rooting for them against UT and their bowl game.
Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 16, 2008, 09:50:10 am
Go Vandy!  Beat the crap out of the orange!
Quote from: jkstock04 on November 16, 2008, 09:51:11 am
Vandy beating Tennessee next weekend would add insult to injury to be sure.  I hope to see it happen.
Quote from: lchog on November 16, 2008, 10:22:01 am
Don't let us down, beat the crap out of UT!
Quote from: Camden_Hogfan on November 16, 2008, 10:27:01 am
Congrats to Vandy! Oh and beat the dogcrap out of Tenn!!!!
Quote from: Triple P on November 16, 2008, 10:29:47 am
Agree 100%, send Phat Phil out with a loss.
Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 16, 2008, 10:46:36 am
     I'm happy for Vandy, it's been a long dry spell.  Now set your sights on Phat Phil Phulmer's puke, orange (yuck, spit) Tenisissy Viles.  I'll be rooting for you....
Quote from: ChicoHog on November 16, 2008, 12:33:31 pm
It's really a shame you guys loss to MSU and Duke.  You could have had  a pretty good bowl game but at least you should get one.  Hope you beat Tenn this week.

Can't you just congratulate the Vandy fan, and leave Tennessee out of it

we're already wallowing in the depths of the SEC

jgphillips3

Quote from: vol_in_ar on November 16, 2008, 01:08:39 pm

Sorry Vol in Ar.  Most Arkansans hate anything in the color orange that plays football.  I don't particularly hate Tennessee or anything, but I can fully understand the sentiment of those who want them to get beat by Vanderbilt.  I'll probably be pulling for Vandy myself just because, with the Texas series being what it was over the years, I understand how Vandy feels.

Albert Einswine

We don't like anything in orange.  We don't like anything initialed UT.  We don't like Phat Phil and we don't like Tennessee.

Your pugnacious behavior on our board doesn't help your cause.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

razorbackmkh

Sorry AllVol, we just can't stand Phil, I'm sure you can relate to that! I'm happy for Vandy and feel sorry for you guys to be honest. We know what it's like to have a crappy, lazy, unimaginative coach. At least Phil was good at one time, ours sucked for ten years!
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

HogFaninMemphis

Congratulations Vandy!
I hope you can win one or two more and make this season even better!
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

kcabrozaR

Kicking while down is a national pastime.
WE EAT SAWDUST WE CRAP LOGS WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT MEAN ASS HOGS
          Do not argue with an idiot, people watching may not notice the difference!

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 16, 2008, 01:40:11 pm

We don't like anything in orange.  We don't like anything initialed UT.  We don't like Phat Phil and we don't like Tennessee.

Your pugnacious behavior on our board doesn't help your cause.

I haven't been combative this year, but I like the use of the seldom used adjective

especially fitting after the win of your home state pugilist in the Fine State of Tennessee

mathhog

Hey, be proud of your basketball team...

I mean, you guys had a 2 seed last year and got all the way to the final fo-- i mean, elite e--, i mean Sweet 16.  well, at least in the s16 game you were compet-- i mean, at least you had a good first hal-- i mean, at least you found the gym

oh, and hats off to your 07 NCAA showing, beating ohio st--- i mean, losing close-- i mean, losing big-- i mean, having a 20-pt second half lead and blowing it to ohio state

oh well, at least you did good in your 06 NCAA showing getting a well deserved--- i mean, in no way deserved 2 seed, and then beating cupcak-- i mean, losing to cupcake-- i mean, getting blown out by cupcake wichita state

hmmm... well, maybe pearl can be happy of his sectourey success

like in 06, when he... oh... lost to losing record USC
or in 07, when he.... oh... lost to WORST sec team LSU
or in 08, when he.... "beat" south carolina in dave odom's last game, and made an offensive hero out of Steven freaking Hill.

Yeah, you vols have a LOOOOOOOOT to be proud of in Knoxville.  LOL!

Keep up the good work.  what was that you used to say last year, vol?  "check out our regular season sec-east championships??" LOL.  too bad you can't bring your homecourt refs to neutral tourneys in March.

Ark joy of making a Sweet 16 = equivalent of Tennessee joy finding a parking space at the play-in game

vol_in_ar

Quote from: mathhog on November 16, 2008, 02:13:22 pm
Hey, be proud of your basketball team...

I mean, you guys had a 2 seed last year and got all the way to the final fo-- i mean, elite e--, i mean Sweet 16.  well, at least in the s16 game you were compet-- i mean, at least you had a good first hal-- i mean, at least you found the gym

oh, and hats off to your 07 NCAA showing, beating ohio st--- i mean, losing close-- i mean, losing big-- i mean, having a 20-pt second half lead and blowing it to ohio state

oh well, at least you did good in your 06 NCAA showing getting a well deserved--- i mean, in no way deserved 2 seed, and then beating cupcak-- i mean, losing to cupcake-- i mean, getting blown out by cupcake wichita state

hmmm... well, maybe pearl can be happy of his sectourey success

like in 06, when he... oh... lost to losing record USC
or in 07, when he.... oh... lost to WORST sec team LSU
or in 08, when he.... "beat" south carolina in dave odom's last game, and made an offensive hero out of Steven freaking Hill.

Yeah, you vols have a LOOOOOOOOT to be proud of in Knoxville.  LOL!

Keep up the good work.  what was that you used to say last year, vol?  "check out our regular season sec-east championships??" LOL.  too bad you can't bring your homecourt refs to neutral tourneys in March.

Ark joy of making a Sweet 16 = equivalent of Tennessee joy finding a parking space at the play-in game

Guess your a BB fan...good for you

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Hawg2011 on November 16, 2008, 02:19:07 pm
vol_in_ar...I don't mind you I like you.

However, the Vols are just too much fun to belittle. For as much as your fans preach of tradition and blah blah blah, the Tradition only exists for you guys. To see Tennessee in misery is great. I enjoy every second of it.

I'm excited for basketball again, because that is UTs most miserable season of all.

Thanks for the backhanded compliment

scarolinahog

Vandy-24

Orange slush-13

Smokey gets sick instead of sicken em'!
I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

jackflash

couldn't be happier for Vandy. Long over due. 

SpareRib

Congratulations to the Commodores! - Now go knock a knot in Tennessee.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Corkscrew Johnson

Congrats for #6!!!!  It's a huge win, one that has been teasing the Dores for years.

I attended Vandy in 1999, when all the Dores had to do was kick a chip-shot field goal against Kentucky to get #6, and we fumbled the ball on our last play.  The play when all you are doing is falling on the ground in the position where the kicker wants the ball.  Yikes.  It's been a long time coming! 

El Puerco

Americans love an underdog.  Hire a sub-par coach and continue to choke and maybe we'll root for you guys soon too.  Here's to hopin'!

You Vandy fellows better go in the tub.  You keep winning and folks are gonna realize you got one hell of a coach over there and someone will steal him away.  Talk about a Guy doing more with less, Hootie could take a lesson from Johnson and so could Richt.

DeltaBoy

Great Win for Vandy  it is now time to Beat Phat Phil and Tinner.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

longtimeHogfan

November 17, 2008, 11:12:28 am #39 Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 11:14:11 am by longtimeHogfan

Nope.  I tried and failed.  But the good news is, once Phat Phil is gone?  Stevie Superior will likely become my least favorite SEC coach.  (second only to Hootie, you understand.  That goes without saying).
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

The_Bionic_Pig

November 17, 2008, 04:04:03 pm #40 Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 04:08:55 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Congrats! VANDY-NATION!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

opineonswine

Congrats!  Glad to see it.  I was rooting for you on Sat.

Tejano Jawg

Congrats Vandy!

Hope you can deal Tennessee another fatal blow. I remember your win there a couple years ago...so sweet. That might have been the same year the refs screwed you out of a chance to beat Florida in the Swamp.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

GolfnHog

Let me think about this.... In a word..... NO.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: vandybuff on November 16, 2008, 07:12:25 am
Many of you have been very supportive of our program and we finally made it after 19 earlier tries at a "bowl eligible" win with no success!

Thank you - God bless you - and I hope you are bowling this year, too!

I might not be back to this board for a few days so do no be offended if I do not reply - very busy at this time of year ...... and no, I am not Santa!  :)

CONGRATULTIONS!!!  I bet Nashville is still in party mode and rightfully so.  I am excited for Vandy and their fans and hope they win their bowl game. 

GO 'DORES!
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

hogchic2001

I have been rooting for Vandy all season long.  I hope they beat the heck out of Tennessee this weekend.
Go HOGS Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: vol_in_ar on November 16, 2008, 02:10:51 pm
I haven't been combative this year, but I like the use of the seldom used adjective

especially fitting after the win of your home state pugilist in the Fine State of Tennessee

As far as wallowing in the depths of the SEC gos, Don't feel like you're the Lone Ranger
our Hogs are right down there with you. I have a feeling that it won't be long before BOTH
The Hogs and Vols are taking names and kicking butt in their respective divisions!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Chappeee

Of course, their best win was against Ole Miss

ALLVOL

Quote from: razorbackmkh on November 16, 2008, 01:48:27 pm
Sorry AllVol, we just can't stand Phil, I'm sure you can relate to that! I'm happy for Vandy and feel sorry for you guys to be honest. We know what it's like to have a crappy, lazy, unimaginative coach. At least Phil was good at one time, ours sucked for ten years!
I had not responded til now. But I do appreciate you class. I know some Arky fans have (in my opinion) an irrational hatred of UT. So it doesnt surprise me or piss me off. I have often wondered what Hog fans think about most UT fans actually liking the Hogs?

TLFHAWG