Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upset Brewing in the Bayou

Started by MusicCityHog75, November 15, 2008, 07:38:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Lericos

Troy losing rips my freakin guts out. Last year they seized the moment and took out Oklahoma State, but they don't have the upperclassmen this year to keep their composure.

That sucks. Beating LSU would have been sweet..  :puke:

jgphillips3

On a positive note, a Troy victory tonight probably would have insured they came here for blood in two weeks.  Their come back victory will probably just keep the heads swelled with their own invincibility. 

GabeMartini

Quote from: SLC on November 15, 2008, 10:41:35 pm
Is it not officially over yet?

Now it is. 40-31 LSU. The 2,543 fans left in the stadium were celebrating like Obama was just elected president.

AFWarrior83

On one hand I cannot stand LSU, but at least they saved face for our conference and our division.  I think Ole Miss will beat them though, and Arkansas might as well.
Hogville member since 2005.

GabeMartini

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 15, 2008, 10:43:39 pm
On a positive note, a Troy victory tonight probably would have insured they came here for blood in two weeks.  Their come back victory will probably just keep the heads swelled with their own invincibility. 

Agreed. AND, it salvages some SEC credibility...

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Mark [Scoop] Lericos on November 15, 2008, 10:43:00 pm
Troy losing rips my freakin guts out. Last year they seized the moment and took out Oklahoma State, but they don't have the upperclassmen this year to keep their composure.

That sucks. Beating LSU would have been sweet..  :puke:

I was really looking forward to seeing Les Miles try to save face after what should have been a loss.  Oh well, looks like the Hogs will have to take care of them.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

SLC

Good for the conference in some respects but in others still a loss of face. 
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

BigSexyHog

WTH happened in the 4th?  Did Troy just goto the locker room and let LSU have the field all to themselves?
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Mark Lericos

Quote from: rlh06 on November 15, 2008, 10:46:37 pm
I was really looking forward to seeing Les Miles try to save face after what should have been a loss.  Oh well, looks like the Hogs will have to take care of them.

Petrino will have a blast with that game tape. Troy isn't as powerful on offense as they have been in years past, and still put up points. Arkansas could very well go bowling if LSU plays like that.

josh_sec33

LSU scored 30 points in the 4th quarter. 37 unanswered.

Dear lord. That's just scary. Yeah, I right now am trying to figure out if the 70 hung on Tulsa or this final score is the bigger shock line in my mind.

Either way....the late games came through to keep things interesting.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

kclvr

If AL wins a NC this year will it be marked as doing it with someone elses players? JPW was the QB when he got there.  I know that is what was said about LM and UM.

AFWarrior83

Quote from: kclvr on November 15, 2008, 11:27:07 pm
If AL wins a NC this year will it be marked as doing it with someone elses players? JPW was the QB when he got there.  I know that is what was said about LM and UM.

Saban took Alabama higher, Les just kept LSU where they have been.
Hogville member since 2005.

Steef

Quote from: SLC on November 15, 2008, 10:49:28 pm
Good for the conference in some respects but in others still a loss of face. 

I thought so, too.

Anytime you're relieved to 'pull one out', there hasn't been a whole lot of 'face' saved.