Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upset Brewing in the Bayou

Started by MusicCityHog75, November 15, 2008, 07:38:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWASooner

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 15, 2008, 09:36:10 pm
People need to stop talking about OU like they are any good.  They give up around 35 points a game to bad opponents.  Their defense would be the WORST in the SEC. 

They'd also score at least 40 on anyone in the SEC.  Granted, we might also give up 40 but still.....

GabeMartini

Quote from: rubmyHOG on November 15, 2008, 09:39:37 pm
To counter your point, USCe had the #1 defense in the nation, and got just tore up today by a good offense.....

USCe played a lot of average teams all year. They had a very soft SEC schedule.

drivetimeporks

im basing my  thoughts on the big 12 this season  on the texas / tex tech game.. best game of the year..amazing.. no other words for it...  no team ive seen couldve handled tech , cept maybe the NY giants

GabeMartini

doo-ran

Quote from: NWASooner on November 15, 2008, 09:39:34 pm
Your teams have also lost to teams like Duke, Troy, Wake, UCLA, Wyoming, and West Virginia.  That's why people are saying the SEC is average.
No, that's why you are saying we are average. nwaSOONER

SLC

I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

Clint Alan

Quote from: GabeMartini on November 15, 2008, 09:41:29 pm
USCe played a lot of average teams all year. They had a very soft SEC schedule.

I think you need to pick an argument and stick with it.......South Carolina has played just about all the teams you listed as being "good" SEC teams just a few posts ago.......
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Steef

Your teams have also lost to teams like Duke, Troy, Wake, UCLA, Wyoming, and West Virginia.  That's why people are saying the SEC is average.

People outside fo the SEC are ALWAYS saying that of the SEC.

This year, it's more true than usual.

But they don't say it because it's true. They say it because they hate us.

Boardon Hamsay

Looks like LSU is making a run, 31-17.  Can they come all the way back?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hugehogsfan

hogdiggity

Quote from: steefhog on November 15, 2008, 09:45:53 pm
People outside fo the SEC are ALWAYS saying that of the SEC.

This year, it's more true than usual.

But they don't say it because it's true. They say it because they hate us.

sooner is just getting anything he can in, because he knows that when OU gets to a bowl, they will find a way to choke like they have the last few years

SLC

I have a suggestion.  Try winning a BCS game before criticizing the SEC.
It is very convenient that you completely forget the Big 12 north, the best team you have is Mizzou and they are sliding back into mediocrity.  They will really lose it if Pinkel goes to Washington.  Also remember that aTm lost to Arkansas State, practically a community college.
Do you really want me to go on?  I will though.

You are crazy if you think OU would put 40 pts up on Bama or FL.  Saban has embarrassed Stoops before in a BCS NC Game and would smack him again. 
You are going to have to come up with a better argument.
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

Hugehogsfan

Oliver

Quote from: doo-ran on November 15, 2008, 09:42:57 pm
No, that's why you are saying we are average. nwaSOONER

At least we don't have a team that's lost to Arkansas St.  Texas A&M holds that prestigious honor.

GabeMartini

31-17 Troy. 13:11 left in the 4th quarter. Troy just went 3 and out and is going for it on 4th down in LSU territory.

Pass incomplete. LSU takes over on their own 40 or so.

SLC

31-17 Troy. 

Edit - when I posted Gabe's update was not up yet.  Apologies.

Ugly Uncle

Here comes LSU.  Ball on the 40.  Down by two scores.  over 12 to play.  This game might not be over.
Retired Radio Host

Boardon Hamsay

Wow, Troy is hitting the panic button hard....stupid penalties and a preventless defense.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

GabeMartini

About 11:00 left, and LSU is driving into Troy's territory. Lee looks like a QB for the moment.

GabeMartini

BTW, Les is still wearing a white ball cap.

drivetimeporks

Quote from: Oliver Miller on November 15, 2008, 09:49:10 pm
At least we don't have a team that's lost to Arkansas St.  Texas A&M holds that prestigious honor.
but we did have  a team that  beat a now 6-4 western illinois team at home  on a miracle play

Hugehogsfan

oh come on troy. Don't lose your mind now.

GabeMartini

Quote from: drivetimeporks on November 15, 2008, 09:54:35 pm
but we did have  a team that  beat a now 6-4 western illinois team at home  on a miracle play

Houston?

NWASooner

Texas A&M lost to Arkansas State.  Tennessee lost to Wyoming.  What's the difference?

BTW, Wyoming lost to UNLV today and they're now 4-7 for the season.  Their best defensive performance of the season was against Tennessee who they held to 7 points.  Their second best performance was holding North Dakota State to 13.

Hugehogsfan

keep the updates coming. iPhone loads slowly.

drivetimeporks

Quote from: Hawg2011 on November 15, 2008, 09:57:10 pm
What are you adding to this conversation I'd really LOVE to know.
my  statement was every bit as relevent to the conversation as  the Big O's

GabeMartini

Quote from: NWASooner on November 15, 2008, 09:57:27 pm
Texas A&M lost to Arkansas State.  Tennessee lost to Wyoming.  What's the difference?

BTW, Wyoming lost to UNLV today and they're now 4-7 for the season.  Their best defensive performance of the season was against Tennessee who they held to 7 points.  Their second best performance was holding North Dakota State to 13.

Scissors beats Paper. Paper beats Rock. Rock beats Scissors.

GabeMartini

LSU rushes for a TD to make it 31-24 Troy with 10:33 left in the 4th.

Jphog

drivetimeporks

Quote from: GabeMartini on November 15, 2008, 09:56:52 pm
Houston?
hmm preferred your earlier retort about  someone "masterbating goats" .. true class... the "Houston?" reply is getting stale btw

Boardon Hamsay

Wow, either Troy has fallen apart like a '78 Pinto or LSU was playing without cups for 3 quarters.

SLC

Quote from: drivetimeporks on November 15, 2008, 09:54:35 pm

The key being we won the game.  Are you not a Hog fan? 

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: SLC on November 15, 2008, 10:02:32 pm
No he's. A HDN fan.

preach33

Now the Hogs need to take care of Business @ MSU. Then bring on the Tigers at the ROCK!!

kimjongsqUeAl

This is absolutely amazing!  Screw LSU!  GO Trojans.. of the South that is.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

drivetimeporks

Quote from: SLC on November 15, 2008, 10:02:32 pm
a fan yes but  providing evidence that  we arent above the fray  here.. West illinois other losses have come to jaugernauts like south dakota state,  northern iowa , and southern Illinois..so  we shouldnt be embarrassed

GabeMartini

Troy just threw an interception. LSU has the ball on the Troy 15 yard line, with a chance to tie the game. 9:31 left in the 4th quarter.

drivetimeporks

Quote from: Hawg2011 on November 15, 2008, 10:04:31 pm
Kinda what I was starting to smell. A rat. Must be time for some of those mousetraps :D
for the record, not a nutt fan.. just not a mindless homer like the masses here

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: GabeMartini on November 15, 2008, 10:05:41 pm
Troy just threw an interception. LSU has the ball on the Troy 15 yard line, with a chance to tie the game. 9:31 left in the 4th quarter.

GOD $@%#^%@$%%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That freakin figures
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

GabeMartini

LSU goes 3-and-out after the pick. 4th down. Looks like they're going for the Field Goal.

GabeMartini

Quote from: drivetimeporks on November 15, 2008, 10:06:16 pm
for the record, not a nutt fan.. just not a mindless homer like the masses here

Then why waste your time here?

GabeMartini

31-27 Troy. 7:51 left in the 4th quarter.

Boardon Hamsay

Troy = wheels coming off while driving 85mph on I-540, on a Friday, at 5:15pm.

SLC

Quote from: NWASooner on November 15, 2008, 09:57:27 pm

Difference being the aTm loss was despite a unified effort on aTm's part.  TN, the players turned it in, they've even started "petitioning" for Fat Phill to keep his job.  That said, TN should never have lost that game.  It appears they are a bunch of quitters, which is probably worse character-wise. 

No doubt the SEC is down this year, but still on a close par with the Big 12 and no other conference is close to those two.  You can try arguing that the Big 12 is better, but when you have teams like Iowa St, Nebraska, Kansas (talk about overrated) and the rest of the Big 12 North it is hard to say that it is a tough conference top to bottom. 

The SEC is still deeper, even though it has 2 teams that clearly are ahead of the pack. 

drivetimeporks

Quote from: GabeMartini on November 15, 2008, 10:08:04 pm
Then why waste your time here?
someones gotta  steer  you folks back towards reality  on occasion

ChicoHog

Is this on TV?   What station/network?  I'm watching UK/Vandy.

SLC

Quote from: GabeMartini on November 15, 2008, 10:08:24 pm
31-27 Troy. 7:51 left in the 4th quarter.
Thanks for the updates Gabe, you are better than the ESPN website.
;)

GabeMartini

Quote from: drivetimeporks on November 15, 2008, 10:10:09 pm
  someones gotta  steer  you folks back towards reality  on occasion

So you see yourself as some kind of super-hero, perhaps? Do you have an outfit and everything? The "steer hogville posters and readers back towards reality" man. Neat.

GabeMartini

Quote from: SLC on November 15, 2008, 10:11:05 pm
Thanks for the updates Gabe, you are better than the ESPN website.
;)

My pleasure. I have Gameplan this year, so I'm getting my money's worth.

GabeMartini

Troy goes 3-and-out again (narrowly misses a big-time completed pass up field on 3rd down). Troy is punting to LSU with 7:27 left in the 4th. Still 31-27 Troy.

**Update** Punt was garbage. LSU has the ball at the 50 yard line with 7:16 left.