Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do You Think The BCS Will Shake Out This Year? See Remaining Schedules

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, November 12, 2008, 06:28:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsav1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 16, 2008, 03:09:53 pm
I'd be interested to hear what you base that theory on.

I know you think Alabama will lose to FLorida.  If Tech makes it to the championship game, who do you think will win: Florida or Tech?
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawgsav1 on November 16, 2008, 03:41:49 pm
I know you think Alabama will lose to FLorida.  If Tech makes it to the championship game, who do you think will win: Florida or Tech?

I think that might make for the most competitive game possible. I know everybody thinks that OU has a great offense, and they do, but it isn't their offense that has screwed the pooch when they have lost, it has been their defense. In the past, Texas Tech has had a lesser defense and as you say, they have had the same problem where their defense is who gives up the game. This year, Tech's defense is improved and for the first time since Leach's arrival, I believe their defense is comparable to that of OU's(who while good, is still suspect).

What Florida has is a good offense, great defense and great special teams. Tech, OU nor Texas have seen or had to play against a defense or special teams like Florida's with the combination of size and speed that they possess.

Having said all of that, a Florida vs. Texas Tech match up in the NCG would more than likely be won by Florida, in my opinion.
Go Hogs Go!