Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas Tech- more with less???

Started by MJ2, November 12, 2008, 07:54:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MJ2

Texas Tech is now #2 in the polls.   May play for a NC.

According to Rivals, their past 4 classes were ranked as follows:

'08-59
'07-44
'06-17
'05-36

Clearly, good coaching can cause lower level recruits to play "up".   Do we get too hung up on how high a kid is rated?   I think any of us would take Graham Harrell in a heartbeat.

Hellafied

Graham Harrell was a 4 star according to rivals..

silverhawg

I think some kids peak later than others, therefor they may not be rated as high as they should...but I agree good coaches can get more out of less...& never forget Cliff Harris..no one thought he could make it at the pro level...

MJ2

This could lead to endless discussions about what factor location, facilities, coaching, family, recruiting base,etc.

Bottom line, TT is in the middle of nowhere and they are winning - Very competive with anyone.

Why do we continue to make excuses for the U of A?  I think I'm feeling like Forrest City Joe!

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: MJ2 on November 12, 2008, 07:54:27 am
Texas Tech is now #2 in the polls.   May play for a NC.

'08-59
'07-44
'06-17
'05-36

Clearly, good coaching can cause lower level recruits to play "up".   Do we get too hung up on how high a kid is rated?   I think any of us would take Graham Harrell in a heartbeat.

Their '06 class is a big reason for their success.  Harrel and Crabtree don't hurt either.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

booogaga

Crabtree was a 4 star ATH. played quarterback in HS. OU wanted him to play defense.
GO HOGS!

cbjagman

November 12, 2008, 12:15:06 pm #6 Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 01:01:54 pm by cbjagman
Texas Tech is now #2 in the polls.   May play for a NC.

'08-59
'07-44
'06-17
'05-36

Clearly, good coaching can cause lower level recruits to play "up".   Do we get too hung up on how high a kid is rated?   I think any of us would take Graham Harrell in a heartbeat.
I humbly beg to differ with the whole idea of this thread. We all know that Hooter has a stranglehold on this line. After all, I remember reading that Dale has applied for a patient on this phrase. Hence forth, anyone utilizing this comment without the expression written permission from either the University of Ole Misery or Dale Nuttso is prohibited!

HoggyWayne

Mike Leach obviously knows a diamond in the rough when he sees one.

Brewerfan10

Kenny Hawgins

Texas Tech is now #2 in the polls.   May play for a NC.

'08-59
'07-44
'06-17
'05-36

Clearly, good coaching can cause lower level recruits to play "up".   Do we get too hung up on how high a kid is rated?   I think any of us would take Graham Harrell in a heartbeat.
a lot of their success this year is related to the 06 class.  leach is a good coach and combine that with a good class and a couple of years to develop and you'll get a good season.  no big secret.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

opineonswine

some of you football purists (fuddy duddies) don't want to hear it, but their style of play always give them a chance to overachieve.

LJHOG

Leach is basically doing what Grant Teaff used to do at Baylor.  Recruit a few really good players, a few good ones and use the redshirt process to load up every four years or so.  Plus he's got a really good offensive scheme.