Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RD: What about Jevon Snead from Junction City

Started by WBOBO, November 11, 2008, 10:04:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WBOBO

Just curious if he is off the radar to be a Hog?
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

WBOBO

RD:  Sorry about that.  Was talking about Devon Ball from Junction City.  Got too many players running
through my head. 

philobeddoe

November 11, 2008, 10:22:10 pm #2 Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 10:23:56 pm by philobeddoe
 Devin Ball is a "Plan B".  The Arkansas coaches have told him that they will offer him if one of their other OLB prospects declines.

The Recruiting Guy

I think the world of Devin but I don't see him getting an offer.

SquidBilly

Richard,
I want your honest opinion on this.  In the past I think a guy like Devin Ball would have already been offered.  Have you ever seen a time in football recruiting where we were after so many big time recruits and had so many "plan B" players on hold waiting for an offer?

Tomhog™

If we were on par with year's past, there would have been a good chance of an offer. But, this has been an exceptional year that will leave some in-state kids without an offer. Devin is nothing but a class act and I wish him the best.

WBOBO

Tom Hog and RD, I don't know that much about him either, other than I work with his uncle and listen
to what his uncle tells me.  It's hard to get much press in 2A on defense, and I do know he's been to
camp the last two years and did quite well.   Well enough, maybe not.

My theory is simple.  If I have a kid from Arkansas, and I have a kid from Alabama, Georgia, etc,  (and
I know the inroads on recruiting from other states) and they both run a 4.5, I still am going to go
for the Arky bred.  In the 4th qtr or possible o/t, there is still  something left in the tank  with a little reserve when you are playing for your HOME state. 

He may not be good enough for the SEC.  I don't know, but to see what his HS team has
done for the last three years on defense, especially this year.  WOW!   And he's the anchor.
Maybe 2A needs to play 5A, 6A, or whatever to evaluate talent in a game or so before conference
time begins just to see where they stand.