Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guess who's at it again?

Started by spudhog, November 11, 2008, 10:19:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

spudhog

Look who's branding a certain offensive scheme that a lot of people have recently started using. This is his 2nd mention about ULM having us dead to rights.

Does he have a filter? If he does have one does he just ignore it? Has a PR rep ever disussed what to say and not to say?

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=1622183&DB_OEM_ID=2600

BEvERage

DeuceHawg

Car problems?  Wild rebel?  What a moron.

The Boar War

ULM had Arkansas beat.  Kind of like Arkansas had Ole Miss shaking in their cleats until they were bailed out by a terrible call.

He also said he doesn't like to run the wild rebel as much because people have gotten used to it.  What's the problem here?  Can't the great mind that created this offense also modify or enhance it?

stronguard

Mousetraps? 

They have rats in Oxford.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: The Boar War on November 11, 2008, 10:30:53 am
ULM had Arkansas beat.  Kind of like Arkansas had Ole Miss shaking in their cleats until they were bailed out by a terrible call.

He also said he doesn't like to run the wild rebel as much because people have gotten used to it.  What's the problem here?  Can't the great mind that created this offense also modify or enhance it?

Funny thing it seems to work for everybody other than the guy who claims to have invented it!

idochog

Since hootie doesnt have Gus there to modify it for him, no way he runs it as much now b/c he will be exposed as the fraud that he is .
I love Jesus!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: The Boar War on November 11, 2008, 10:30:53 am
Can't the great mind that created this offense also modify or enhance it?

Sure he can, but I doubt he'll be sending MOTHO any of the revisions.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Bob from Dumas

Hey Nutt.  It is very simple.  Defenses have figured this out because it isn't just about putting your best athlete at qb and snapping the ball to them.  The WildCat/Hog/Rebel is most effective when you add motion and misdirection to the equation.  We haven't seen that from a Nutt-coached team since, ummm, Gus Mal-A-Zahn went to Tulsa.

mpeacock

"I know we can't always get there with that with the defenses we play in this league..." This is how a head coach, who makes millions of dollars, verbally constructs a sentence and people cannot figure out that he is of average intelligence. He has to rip off others work as his own because he does not have the cognitive horsepower to generate an good, original idea. I am going to revel in watching this fraud go down in flames at OXford. I really will enjoy every minute of it and I usually couldn't care less about being spiteful. This was just too long in the making.

bgsisco

Did I read this wrong or did Nutt put mousetraps everywhere?  What in the world is wrong with this guy?  He is not mentally stable.

Q: Talk about the mousetraps around the facilities. Do you feel you have grabbed your team's attention?

A: You always go by practice. These were just put in different places because we're just trying to let our players know and understand that sometimes rats will start feeling good about themselves, and all of the sudden you walk into a trap where you think there is a big piece of cheese, but there's not. It's about how you approach things, your attitude and the respect you have to have for Monroe. Don't worry about there record, this will be a super bowl for them. They're excited about playing us. I know a lot of members of their staff, especially their head coach Charlie Weatherbie, I've worked with him before. We know what to expect. We have played against them many times before. It's just a visual sign. We put them up last week. It's that type of game where you have to be ready. You can't just roll your helmet out there and show up. You can't do it.

spudhog

Quote from: spudhog on November 11, 2008, 10:19:09 am
Look who's branding a certain offensive scheme that a lot of people have recently started using. This is his 2nd mention about ULM having us dead to rights.

Does he have a filter? If he does have one does he just ignore it? Has a PR rep ever disussed what to say and not to say?

I think he needs to clarify the real name of the offense. It's the Wild Cat. Sometimes it's not what you did say but it's not what you should've said.

The whole mousetrap thing sounds like a turf toe waiting to happen.

kcabrozaR

The guy is just plain goofy and embarrassing. He shamed our program while he was here.
WE EAT SAWDUST WE CRAP LOGS WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT MEAN ASS HOGS
          Do not argue with an idiot, people watching may not notice the difference!

Smokehouse

Quote from: bgsisco on November 11, 2008, 10:59:45 am
Did I read this wrong or did Nutt put mousetraps everywhere?  What in the world is wrong with this guy?  He is not mentally stable.

Q: Talk about the mousetraps around the facilities. Do you feel you have grabbed your team's attention?

A: You always go by practice. These were just put in different places because we're just trying to let our players know and understand that sometimes rats will start feeling good about themselves, and all of the sudden you walk into a trap where you think there is a big piece of cheese, but there's not. It's about how you approach things, your attitude and the respect you have to have for Monroe. Don't worry about there record, this will be a super bowl for them. They're excited about playing us. I know a lot of members of their staff, especially their head coach Charlie Weatherbie, I've worked with him before. We know what to expect. We have played against them many times before. It's just a visual sign. We put them up last week. It's that type of game where you have to be ready. You can't just roll your helmet out there and show up. You can't do it.

mousetraps are the new ladder
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

solix

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: spudhog on November 11, 2008, 10:19:09 am

Geez louise, his press conferences read like "I Love Lucy" re-runs. Seen one, seen them all. Nothing new here. I love the "rats" analogy though, how fitting.
Go Hogs Go!

spudhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 11, 2008, 11:14:41 am
Geez louise, his press conferences read like "I Love Lucy" re-runs. Seen one, seen them all. Nothing new here. I love the "rats" analogy though, how fitting.

I just think of the Movie Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade. When Indiana and his dad were talking about the rats.

Sean Connery: I wish could've been with you
Indiana: There were rats dad
And they cut to Sean Connery's face and it turns white. Classic

Coach Obvious

BEvERage

Quote from: spudhog on November 11, 2008, 11:37:06 am
I just think of the Movie Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade. When Indiana and his dad were talking about the rats.

Sean Connery: I wish could've been with you
Indiana: There were rats dad
And they cut to Sean Connery's face and it turns white. Classic

last night "carolina jones and the temple of poon" was on ppv

OKhogfan1959

Wow! He is still and always will be a DORK.

WilsonHog

Moustraps?

Geez, next thing you know Shibest and Markuson will be showing the Rebs how to celebrate.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: stronguard on November 11, 2008, 10:33:23 am
Mousetraps? 

Confucious say: The early bird gets the worm, but the second rat gets the cheese.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

SwinedMelon

"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

spudhog

Quote from: BEvERage on November 11, 2008, 11:43:05 am

I bet that was worth watching.

The Boar War

Isn't it great to have a coach that doesn't have to rely on cheap gimmicks like mousetraps and bringing the wood to motivate his team.

Silver Hog

Mousetraps? 

always the gimmick with this guy. Cinder blocks, ladders, cell phones, now mouse traps.

spudhog

Quote from: The Boar War on November 11, 2008, 11:59:04 am
Isn't it great to have a coach that doesn't have to rely on cheap gimmicks like mousetraps and bringing the wood to motivate his team.

Especially when the whole wood idea isn't yours to begin with. Rutgers HC already has a wood theme (no pun intended).

ShadowTheHedgehog

Mousetraps? 

I would love to see Ole Piss come out on the field with Rodent eaten gear :)

idochog

Talking about deja vu reading that crap.

Man I feel like an idiot for clicking that link
I love Jesus!

hoggdaddy

you are wrong.  they run the wildcat at Tulsa.  the dummied down stupid version (ripoff) is the wild rebel.  the beauty of the wild rebel is that it is simpler, without the misdirection, motion, and in general the trickery that makes it so effective.

Quote from: spudhog on November 11, 2008, 11:00:07 am
I think he needs to clarify the real name of the offense. It's the Wild Cat. Sometimes it's not what you did say but it's not what you should've said.

The whole mousetrap thing sounds like a turf toe waiting to happen.

spudhog

Quote from: hoggdaddy on November 11, 2008, 12:03:18 pm
you are wrong.  they run the wildcat at Tulsa.  the dummied down stupid version (ripoff) is the wild rebel.  the beauty of the wild rebel is that it is simpler, without the misdirection, motion, and in general the trickery that makes it so effective.

But it's based out of the Wild Cat. Therefore, he didn't invent it.

hogfan@heart

I can not believe that Dexter is not tearing it up throwing the ball. After all, wasn't he a QB in 7th grade according to the Dork?

Q: How comfortable are you with throwing from the Wild Rebel?

A: It's there. We always have it. We are comfortable. We haven't had as much success that I would like throwing the ball with Dexter. You aren't always afraid to throw it, especially when they are overcommitted for the run. We just got to do a good job of calling it at the right time. Again, we aren't going to shelve it. We still believe in it as a good formation that is going to help us.

Silver Hog

A: It's there. We always have it. We are comfortable. We haven't had as much success that I would like throwing the ball with Dexter. You aren't always afraid to throw it, especially when they are overcommitted for the run. We just got to do a good job of calling it at the right time. Again, we aren't going to shelve it. We still believe in it as a good formation that is going to help us.
-----------------

Translation: Not very, but I can't admit it.  3 things happen when you throw the ball and 2 of them are not good.

HoopS

Wouldn't it be funny if McCluster got a toe snapped in one of those traps?   

Dork

PowderedToastMan

Mousetraps? 

Yes, they run in a pack and they are called the "MSM."
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

spudhog

Quote from: swisshog on November 11, 2008, 12:09:23 pm

-----------------

Translation: Not very, but I can't admit it.  3 things happen when you throw the ball and 2 of them are not good.

Exactly. There should always be a translator when this guy speaks. Nothing he says is what it means except for when he's trying to be secretive.  ;)

Silver Hog

Quote from: SRFL on November 11, 2008, 12:20:31 pm

Spud, I have to ask.  How did you find this link?  Are you searching for things to post here that idiot says/does/thinks? 

Doesn't matter, keep up the good work spud.

spudhog

Quote from: SRFL on November 11, 2008, 12:20:31 pm

Spud, I have to ask.  How did you find this link?  Are you searching for things to post here that idiot says/does/thinks?

I just read his and many other SEC coaches presser's every week. Like to keep tabs on everyone in our con. I am not afraid to admit, I follow his situation a bit more.

I also read many Stan Heath articles/presser's as well.

moutainbiker

Quote from: BEvERage on November 11, 2008, 11:43:05 am

was it any good

Dances With Hogs

Hey Rebels, Your recruiting looks Nutt like, Sorry
Quote from: Bob from Dumas on November 11, 2008, 10:40:00 am
Hey Nutt.  It is very simple.  Defenses have figured this out because it isn't just about putting your best athlete at qb and snapping the ball to them.  The WildCat/Hog/Rebel is most effective when you add motion and misdirection to the equation.  We haven't seen that from a Nutt-coached team since, ummm, Gus Mal-A-Zahn went to Tulsa.

Oklahawg

How many HS coaches would be let go for saying such goofy-arse stuff?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Dances With Hogs

I heard from a freshman and he told me The hogs losing to the Rebels is over period.
Quote from: The Boar War on November 11, 2008, 11:59:04 am

PaleHorse

It may be just me, but do the rest of you almost hear him speak as you read one of his quotes.  The way he talks in 1/2 sentences with long pauses and weirdly placed stresses on words... somehow I find myself almost jumping into his cadence while i'm reading.

God I'm glad he's gone.
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

Eddie Piggard

If you look closely at this image, it appears this mouse is wearing both chinstraps!!

Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8

spudhog

Quote from: PaleHorse on November 11, 2008, 12:48:30 pm
It may be just me, but do the rest of you almost hear him speak as you read one of his quotes.  The way he talks in 1/2 sentences with long pauses and weirdly placed stresses on words... somehow I find myself almost jumping into his cadence while i'm reading.

I do. It's so funny. You can read these quotes and pick out the pauses and overly stressed words.

hogman64

Setting  mouse/rat traps?         Was Shibest missing?

cbjagman

November 11, 2008, 12:58:47 pm #47 Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 01:10:07 pm by cbjagman
I'm just relieved to hear that the player's cars aren't breaking down like they used to. Nice to see that they apparently have great auto repair places down in Oxford. Also nice to see that the WHOLE WORLD has adopted the Wild Rebel, Hog, Hair or whatever the term of the day is. Man, what a genius we let go. We just didn't realize that until it's way too late.

BTW while I realize that Oxford, being Oxford, will naturally have plenty of vermin to deal with; however, what's with the rat traps? Are they being put out to catch Danny, Shibest, or one of the other coaches stealing cheese? Perhaps they instead need to use the cheese down at the Sonic for the cheese coneys they're selling. Nice to have something else for the players when they come by for the ice cream cones Danny is buying.

Silver Hog

November 11, 2008, 01:18:20 pm #48 Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 01:21:44 pm by swisshog
Quote from: SRFL on November 11, 2008, 12:33:07 pm
Did I ask you, POS? 

Roaming around cyberspace To Where's Waldo every Nuttism is odd to me.  It obviously upsets Spud, so why intentionally do it?  To be the first to post it?  Just trying to understand the mindset. 

yes, when you ask the question in a public forum, you did ask me and everybody else here.  Why not PM him questions instead of airing your discomfort in public. Just makes you look like a boob. Like the name calling... childish at best.

Silver Hog

Quote from: spudhog on November 11, 2008, 12:50:12 pm
I do. It's so funny. You can read these quotes and pick out the pauses and overly stressed words.

10 years of listening to the same drivel will cause that.