Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Davis is leading candidate to replace Fulmer

Started by fu-man-soo, November 09, 2008, 07:20:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fu-man-soo

"I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in the University of Tennessee job," Davis said. "It's a great job but I have no interest in it.

"As I've said for the last couple of weeks I love being here. My family loves being at Carolina. We're building and with the administration we're doing everything we can every single day to build a championship football program here."

elksnort

Quote from: fu-man-soo on November 12, 2008, 11:40:34 am
"I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in the University of Tennessee job," Davis said. "It's a great job but I have no interest in it.

"As I've said for the last couple of weeks I love being here. My family loves being at Carolina. We're building and with the administration we're doing everything we can every single day to build a championship football program here."

Could Butch Saban.....I mean Butch Davis possibly change his mind?

ALLVOL

Like I have stated. I have no idea who will be our next coach. But I personally would love to have BD. If he does not then I still wish him nothing but the best. I have never met him but from all I have seen and heard he appears to be a class act and a damn fine coach.

pitbull1

I think absolutely does not want Tennessee, and I don't think anyone can change his mind!

El Puerco

Quote from: ALLVOL on November 12, 2008, 09:50:36 am
Saban is not the only good coach. And UT's defense is ranked higher than you may think. But the offense is so bad it is unnacceptable.

Nope, he's not the only good coach (I like ours better) but I bet you guys won't be #1 in the nation this time in 2010. He had that program turned around in 1 year.

fu-man-soo

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=310302

Despite reports that say a $3 million-plus deal may be coming his way from Tennessee, North Carolina coach Butch Davis said Wednesday his agent hasn't been contacted by officials from that school and he has no interest in replacing Phil Fulmer next year.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: elksnort on November 12, 2008, 10:47:56 am
Tennessee will surely be very good again soon. Tennessee has tradition, in a great conference, and a huge stadium as their best selling points. Tennessee, like FSU, Miami and some others are not getting the players they were in the 1990s. Recruting is getting more difficult for them all the time.

your absolutely right