Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phil Fulmer...

Started by Ugly Uncle, November 08, 2008, 04:52:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

You must remember what he has done at Tenn.

He forced Johny Majors out.  Totally disloyal.
Reported and accused every other school in the SEC of recruiting violations.  Didn't matter if the accusations were true or not.  This was his way of recruiting.  Trying to put the other teams under investigation.

Showed little class in winning or losing.

The reason I hate Tenn. as much or more than Texas. 

I hope he never wins another game.  No need to feel sorry for him.
Retired Radio Host

SLC

Quote from: uglyuncle on November 08, 2008, 04:52:25 pm

Reported and accused every other school in the SEC of recruiting violations.  Didn't matter if the accusations were true or not.  This was his way of recruiting.  Trying to put the other teams under investigation.

I do not disagree.  Fat Phil is gone now. 

Happy Grazing Chubby.
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

hogchic2001

I agree.  So far, the only thing that has made me smile today was the Wyoming-Tennessee score.  Priceless.
Go HOGS Go!

SLC

Quote from: hogchic2001 on November 08, 2008, 04:55:03 pm
I agree.  So far, the only thing that has made me smile today was the Wyoming-Tennessee score.  Priceless.

Ha!  I like your style. 
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

Ex-Trumpet

At least he had the decency to announce his "resignation."  (Something that should have been done here a couple years ago...)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The Hog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 08, 2008, 05:04:12 pm
At least he had the decency to announce his "resignation."  (Something that should have been done here a couple years ago...)
Yes, he announced it but my bet is he was told to resign or get fired.  I do not think it was a mutual agreement between him and the AD.
Automatic RUN!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: The Hog on November 08, 2008, 05:07:02 pm
Yes, he announced it but my bet is he was told to resign or get fired.  I do not think it was a mutual agreement between him and the AD.

Agreed.  Nutt just sat back and dared the PTB to fire him....and they wouldn't--publicly, anyway!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

3kgthog

Really the only thing Fulmer accomplished was what Stoerner gave him.

ALLVOL

You are just wrong. You can hate him all you want but you are using rumors over facts. If ANY school should know that is wrong it should be Arkansas.

ALLVOL

Thats correct.

Earl

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 08, 2008, 05:30:12 pm

I have not liked him since he said they deserved to win that game.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Earl on November 08, 2008, 05:35:18 pm
I have not liked him since he said they deserved to win that game.

Why did UT not deserve it? Did they not put themselves in a position to take advantage of a mistake? Thats what championship teams do.

The Hog

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 08, 2008, 05:30:12 pm
Go through all the national championship teams and you will see there is at least one play that went their way.  Nebraska and the kicked pass.  Colorado and the 5th play.  Ohio States pass interference call.  There are more but I will need help recalling them.
Automatic RUN!

SC Hogfan

Whatever the deal is, if you lose to Wyoming, you must have said " F it, I'll see how they like me know!" 
Should've been out before now though...
American by birth.
Southern by the grace of God.
And a Razorback till I die.
WPS!

ALLVOL

November 08, 2008, 05:56:38 pm #14 Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 05:58:39 pm by ALLVOL
Quote from: The Hog on November 08, 2008, 05:47:22 pm
Go through all the national championship teams and you will see there is at least one play that went their way.  Nebraska and the kicked pass.  Colorado and the 5th play.  Ohio States pass interference call.  There are more but I will need help recalling them.

You are exactly right. There are few teams that win a championship without a bounce going their way.
On the Fulmer stabbed Majors or forced Majors out. That is so far from the truth. The AD at UT when that happened was a Broyles protoge' named Doug Dickey. He ruled UT like Frank did Ark. With an Iron fist. If an asst coach demanded ANYTHING Dickey would have laughed them off the University.

As far as snitching goes. Fulmer was not even the first person who told on bammer. Spurrier was and many other coaches did as well and even before Fulmer did. Coach who did, Nutt, Carr, Tubberville, Spurrier and Fulmer.   

ALLVOL

Quote from: SC Hogfan on November 08, 2008, 05:52:04 pm
Whatever the deal is, if you lose to Wyoming, you must have said " F it, I'll see how they like me know!" 
Should've been out before now though...

Cant argue that. The players quit today,

The Hog

Quote from: ALLVOL on November 08, 2008, 05:59:59 pm
Cant argue that. The players quit today,
You hearing any solid news on Fulmers replacement?  A friend in Knoxville is high on the rumors of Gruden going to Knoxville.
Automatic RUN!

WilsonHog

He forced Johny Majors out. 

Unc, what can you tell me about that?

ALLVOL

Quote from: The Hog on November 08, 2008, 06:05:16 pm
You hearing any solid news on Fulmers replacement?  A friend in Knoxville is high on the rumors of Gruden going to Knoxville.

You guys know how it is. Yall just went through it. My first pick would be Butch Davis but who knows. There are so many people with inside sources. It seems everyone has a inside source.

jfred59

Two things.....I respect Texas but not the other UT.  Fulmer got exactly what he deserved except the should have not let it be a resignation but a big Phat Phiring.  He is a crook.  I know how he cheats, I saw it first hand in Clarendon, Arkansas.

ALLVOL

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 08, 2008, 06:10:26 pm
Im not Unc but I can tell you for sure that Dickey did not want any of "Majors guys" to take over. Fulmer was just very popular after winning while filling in and gained a ton of support. Dickey wanted to clean house. That is a fact. And again had Fulmer demanded anything from Dickey he would have been gone before Majors was.

ALLVOL

Quote from: jfred59 on November 08, 2008, 06:18:55 pm
Two things.....I respect Texas but not the other UT.  Fulmer got exactly what he deserved except the should have not let it be a resignation but a big Phat Phiring.  He is a crook.  I know how he cheats, I saw it first hand in Clarendon, Arkansas.

I bet you did,

hoghearted

Quote from: ALLVOL on November 08, 2008, 05:56:38 pm
You are exactly right. There are few teams that win a championship without a bounce going their way.
On the Fulmer stabbed Majors or forced Majors out. That is so far from the truth. The AD at UT when that happened was a Broyles protoge' named Doug Dickey. He ruled UT like Frank did Ark. With an Iron fist. If an asst coach demanded ANYTHING Dickey would have laughed them off the University.

As far as snitching goes. Fulmer was not even the first person who told on bammer. Spurrier was and many other coaches did as well and even before Fulmer did. Coach who did, Nutt, Carr, Tubberville, Spurrier and Fulmer.   

I can't stand Nutt, but I never heard this particular action laid at his doorstep. Anyone else heard this?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

ALLVOL

Quote from: hoghearted on November 08, 2008, 06:26:44 pm
I can't stand Nutt, but I never heard this particular action laid at his doorstep. Anyone else heard this?
Did you know that Spurrier was the first to turn them in on the Albert Means case that got bammer in so much trouble? Nutt was one of the several who did turn them in. The Means family made no bones about it when coaches came to talk to them. They said up front they needed money. Big money. Im not sure what order after Spurrier but those are the ones I remember seeing in the report.

SLC

Quote from: ALLVOL on November 08, 2008, 06:39:59 pm
Did you know that Spurrier was the first to turn them in on the Albert Means case that got bammer in so much trouble? Nutt was one of the several who did turn them in. The Means family made no bones about it when coaches came to talk to them. They said up front they needed money. Big money. Im not sure what order after Spurrier but those are the ones I remember seeing in the report.

Bama should have received the death penalty but didn't b/c they are Bama.   :-[

TNhogfan

Quote from: ALLVOL on November 08, 2008, 06:18:10 pm
You guys know how it is. Yall just went through it. My first pick would be Butch Davis but who knows. There are so many people with inside sources. It seems everyone has a inside source.
Butch's name has been mentioned almost every day on Knoxville radio this past week.  It seemed like every day a different person was the hot name for that day - Mike Leach, of course Gruden, Butch and Friday it was Lane Kiffin.  Muschamps and Brewster from MN have gotten some talk, but not like the others.

razorbrass

Karma is a biatch and Earl ain't showin' up in Knoxville.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

TNhogfan

Phat Phil and his players made it very clear at the Press Conference on Monday that he had been forced out.  Fulmer did not mince any words in saying he was being let go; the players took the media's seats and cussed them; one of the players asked the AD about the firing and then he along w/ others walked out while Hamilton was answering; one of the players in his statement talked about how low class it was of UT to do this to Fulmer. 

SLC

Quote from: razorbrass on November 08, 2008, 07:41:00 pm
Karma is a biatch and Earl ain't showin' up in Knoxville.

I love that show.  + 1 if I could.

Ugly Uncle

There is a lot of info out there about it.  Of course no one knows for sure what all went on, but I do know that Majors does believe Fulmer stabbed him in the back.  I have no clue why Allvol would even try to deny this.
Retired Radio Host

The Hog

Quote from: hoghearted on November 08, 2008, 06:26:44 pm
I do not know if Nutt's complaint was a part of the Alabama cheating but he did complain about certain recruiting tactics that were being used.
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

November 08, 2008, 08:38:35 pm #31 Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:08:17 pm by The Hog
Quote from: uglyuncle on November 08, 2008, 08:22:07 pm
There is a lot of info out there about it.  Of course no one knows for sure what all went on, but I do know that Majors does believe Fulmer stabbed him in the back.  I have no clue why Allvol would even try to deny this.
I think a lot of the Majors vs Fulmer controversy depend on if you like Johnny or Phil.  I have heard both sides and both sides of the story are believable.  I know Majors is very bitter over the event and there is no mistaking it.
Automatic RUN!

VoR

All I know is I have seen a couple (not just ALLVOL) Vol fans post that there was more then met the eye on Majors getting fired. Most echoed the same sentiment "What you're going through now is what we went through when Major's was here".
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

ALLVOL

November 09, 2008, 08:59:37 am #33 Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 09:02:49 am by ALLVOL
Quote from: uglyuncle on November 08, 2008, 08:22:07 pm

I dont deny that Majors says that. But Majors also doesnt take ANY blame for what went down. I tell you what. Ask yourself this, what if a coach got drunk and cussed out Broyles and major Boosters during a presser? Then continually avoided questions from reporters about the team or the games but insisted on talking about how the AD was not being fair with the contract negotiations that were going on? Frank would not put up with it and neither did Dickey. For one to assume that Fulmer demanded anything from Dickey is silly at best. Dickey would have laughed Fulmer off the campus. Hell the truth is Dickey didnt want Fulmer or any of Majors guys, he wanted to clean house. All Fulmer did in that scenario was coach while Majors was in the Hospital and the team played a lot better and actually won games. That is reality and Majors has hurt his legacy as a Tennessee legend to me and MANY Vol fans. I was a HUGE Majors fan but his inability to accept his actions and then to go out and bad mouth UT at any touchdown/quarterback club in the nation that would have him sealed it. I think it was past time for CPF to be gone and I will give him blame for what he deserves (like letting the program slide after he won his Championship and not holding players to the kind of accountability he did before the Championship) but I will not just throw everything at him. He did nothing to Majors but do his job when Majors was in the Hospital. That my friends is reality. Hate him if you want but do it on sound complaints.

SLC

This debate is still going on?

ALLVOL

Quote from: SLC on November 09, 2008, 09:14:51 am
This debate is still going on?
I just wanted to make sure the hatred of Fulmer is correctly placed. Hate him for what ever just make it right. He did well against Arkansas and recruited well in the state of Arkansas. I get why that would make people hate him. Hell if I were a Hog fan I would probably join you in the hatred. But the guy is as boring in an interview as a blade of grass and rarely if EVER said anything bulliten board worthy and NEVER (outside minor infractions that pretty much all schools get) got in NCAA trouble.

SLC

Quote from: ALLVOL on November 09, 2008, 09:18:25 am
I just wanted to make sure the hatred of Fulmer is correctly placed. Hate him for what ever just make it right. He did well against Arkansas and recruited well in the state of Arkansas. I get why that would make people hate him. Hell if I were a Hog fan I would probably join you in the hatred. But the guy is as boring in an interview as a blade of grass and rarely if EVER said anything bulliten board worthy and NEVER (outside minor infractions that pretty much all schools get) got in NCAA trouble.

Everyone on here are sports fans for the most part, they can hate him for any reason (real or imagined) they like. 

LOL.

ALLVOL

Quote from: SLC on November 09, 2008, 09:37:28 am
Everyone on here are sports fans for the most part, they can hate him for any reason (real or imagined) they like. 

LOL.
Yep, you're right about that. Since when have sports fans used logic. lol

By that I mean all sports fans.

Mitch C

Can Hogville Copyright "TCTWF" so Tennessee can't use it for Fulmer without paying a royalty?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PorkThis on November 09, 2008, 09:49:53 am
Can Hogville Copyright "TCTWF" so Tennessee can't use it for Fulmer without paying a royalty?

I like "AYSM" too!!

ALLVOL

ALLVOL

Quote from: PorkThis on November 09, 2008, 09:49:53 am
Can UT fans use "TCTWC" as in The Coach That Was Canned? lol

The real Hogules

November 09, 2008, 10:05:50 am #42 Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 10:09:16 am by The real Hogules
Quote from: ALLVOL on November 09, 2008, 10:03:45 am
OK you got me. What is AYSM?

Are You $#itting Me???

Coach Bobby Petrino to Alex Tajada (our kicker) after he had missed TWO chip shot FG's, gotten a delay of game penality on an ensuing kickoff and then he kicked off out of bounds, all in a span of maybe 8-10 minutes.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ALLVOL

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 09, 2008, 10:05:50 am
Are You $#itting Me???

Coach Bobby Petrino to Alex Tajada (our kicker) after he had missed TWO chip shot FG's, gotten a delay of game penality on an ensuing kickoff and then he kicked off out of bounds, all in a span of maybe 8-10 minutes.

I just spit coffe! I love it. You can havet TCTWF but AYSM is off the table. I'm using it! LOL

Mitch C

Ex-Trumpet

I wonder if BP is informed on his catch phrase?  :)

ALLVOL

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 09, 2008, 10:15:51 am
I wonder if BP is informed on his catch phrase?  :)
I love y'alls coach. I wish he had stayed at Atlanta another year so we could go after him. I would love for it to have come down between CBP and CBD. Talk about a no lose situation.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: ALLVOL on November 09, 2008, 09:18:25 am
I hate him cause of the lack of class and arogance he cast during wins and loses. Oh and cause of all that orange he wears. ;)

vol_in_ar

-Majors went in for Heart Surgery,
-Fulmer coached while he was in the hospital, and recovering
-Won the first 3 games of the year
-Majors came back and lost 3 in a row
-Including a loss to Alabama which made it 7 in a row
-Majors was fired
- Fulmer was named the coach and beat BC in the bowl game

vol_in_ar

Quote from: The Hog on November 08, 2008, 06:05:16 pm

Pete Carroll