Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any UT recruits the hogs might get with Fat Phil gone?

Started by sauce, November 03, 2008, 10:16:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sauce

I know the UT class is currently ranked #7.  Just wondering if their class would fall apart like clemson's did.  If so who could we get in on?

The Realist

UT wasn't really in on many of the UT recruits anyways. 
Their recruiting class will be dependent on what coaches they keep. 
Latrell Scott is the key to their big name guys. 
Stan Drayton keeps a couple others too.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Razorback56 on November 03, 2008, 10:36:16 am
i get the feeling that tennesse is going to get the very best coach available.  wouldn't be surprised if it's lane kiffin.  this scares me because i think it will be a resurgence in tennessee's program.

That's who I'd go for!
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Hawgvillain

November 03, 2008, 02:28:38 pm #3 Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 03:09:58 pm by Hawgvillain
Quote from: cardinalandwhite on November 03, 2008, 01:43:20 pm
That's who I'd go for!
I know Lane Kiffin is a chic pick but am I the only one that thinks he hasn't done a D***** thing to prove that he is a big time coach?  He was the TE coach for USC in 2001.  The WR coach from 2002-2004 (during USC's best seasons).  Then he was the offensive coordinator/WR coach in 2005 (the year that Bush won the Heisman and USC lost to Texas in the NC) and in 2006. 

While he deserves credit for being recruiting coordinator during some of USC's best recruiting classes - I'm not blown away by that or the fact that he was involved in such a great offense.  I mean how hard is it to be a great recruiting coordinator when you are recruiting to SC, you have every single media outlet in the country in love with Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush, and the NCAA is looking the other way while all kinds of shady under-the-table type stuff is happening?  Similarly, how hard is it to be a great offensive coach when you have NFL talent at every position and you play in the defenseless PAC-10? 

My real point is that Lane Kiffin has done nothing to show he can build a college football program.  In the years that he was the Raiders head football coach, they were a combined 5-16.  If he thinks dealing with Al Davis is bad, it's not going to be a lot better dealing with a bunch of big SEC boosters at a school where he has no connections - when they are shelling out a ton of cash.  All of his coaching/player/recruiting connections are in the West. 

Furthermore, I don't think that the other USC assistants that have left should inspire any confidence in Kiffin's abilities.  Ed Orgeron was TERRIBLE at OM - possibly the worst coach in FBS.  Norm Chow has been consistently passed over for head coaching jobs and, in my opinion, was a bad offensive coordinator with the Tennessee Titans.  Now, Chow is the offensive coordinator at UCLA (98th in the nation in scoring, 104th in the nation in total yardage).  Again, nothing to inspire confidence.

I think that Kiffin would be crazy to go to UT and I think that Tennessee would be better off hiring someone that has connections in the south and/or has proven that they can build a successful college football program.  JMHO - but I'm not afraid of Kiffin to Tennessee... (sorry for the rant)

revolution

I agree about Kiffin to a point.  Lots of potential, but not proven.  Too risky for the Vols, so I hope they go ahead and take him.

I don't want to see Tenn. get Cowher or Pinkel or Leach.  Those guys could do some damage at a top-notch program.

I think their best choice would be TCTWF.  He could pick between the big orange of the ACC or the SEC.  C'mon Vols, you know he does more with less.  Think what he could do with more!

J.A.Y.

Quote from: Hawgvillain on November 03, 2008, 02:28:38 pm
I know Lane Kiffin is a chic pick but am I the only one that thinks he hasn't done a D***** thing to prove that he is a big time coach?  He was the TE coach for USC in 2001.  The WR coach from 2002-2004 (during USC's best seasons).  Then he was the offensive coordinator/WR coach in 2005 (the year that Bush won the Heisman and USC lost to Texas in the NC) and in 2006. 

While he deserves credit for being recruiting coordinator during some of USC's best recruiting classes - I'm not blown away by that or the fact that he was involved in such a great offense.  I mean how hard is it to be a great recruiting coordinator when you are recruiting to SC, you have every single media outlet in the country in love with Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush, and the NCAA is looking the other way while all kinds of shady under-the-table type stuff is happening?  Similarly, how hard is it to be a great offensive coach when you have NFL talent at every position and you play in the defenseless PAC-10? 

My real point is that Lane Kiffin has done nothing to show he can build a college football program.  In the years that he was the Raiders head football coach, they were a combined 5-16.  If he thinks dealing with Al Davis is bad, it's not going to be a lot better dealing with a bunch of big SEC boosters at a school where he has no connections - when they are shelling out a ton of cash.  All of his coaching/player/recruiting connections are in the West. 

Furthermore, I don't think that the other USC assistants that have left should inspire any confidence in Kiffin's abilities.  Ed Orgeron was TERRIBLE at OM - possibly the worst coach in FBS.  Norm Chow has been consistently passed over for head coaching jobs and, in my opinion, was a bad offensive coordinator at Tennessee Titans.  Now, Chow is the offensive coordinator at UCLA (98th in the nation in scoring, 104th in the nation in total yardage).  Again, nothing to inspire confidence.

I think that Kiffin would be crazy to go to UT and I think that Tennessee would be better off hiring someone that has connections in the south and/or has proven that they can build a successful college football program.  JMHO - but I'm not afraid of Kiffin to Tennessee... (sorry for the rant)

Damn good post!
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

oldfart

cowher is not going into the collegiate ranks, he can write his own ticket back into the NFL whenever he pleases....

FaulknerHogfan

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: oldfart on November 03, 2008, 04:26:01 pm
cowher is not going into the collegiate ranks, he can write his own ticket back into the NFL whenever he pleases....

Cowboys
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

opineonswine

I don't get the Lane Kiffin love.  What has he ever done?

FaulknerHogfan

Some Realistic choices, I just just joking about the Gus remark, I knew it was coming so I had to jump at it :)

1.  Texas Tech coach
2.  Ole' Ball coach - don't count this out
3.  OC from the pro's
4.  Boise State Coach
5.  Butch D.
7.  BYU Coach
8. Utah Coach

Hawgvillain

hawgsav1

Furthermore, I don't think that the other USC assistants that have left should inspire any confidence in Kiffin's abilities.  Ed Orgeron was TERRIBLE at OM - possibly the worst coach in FBS.  Norm Chow has been consistently passed over for head coaching jobs and, in my opinion, was a bad offensive coordinator with the Tennessee Titans.  Now, Chow is the offensive coordinator at UCLA (98th in the nation in scoring, 104th in the nation in total yardage).  Again, nothing to inspire confidence.

Completely correct.  I never understood why Kiffin was said to be such a good coach.  He took over the reins of what Norm Chow had established during his run as SC's OC.  However, Leinart knew the offense well enough that Kiffin didn't have to do much.  Also, him and Steve Sark were co-OC during Kiffin's tenure there and had a weird system where Kiffin would send down a few plays from the press box and Sark would pick which one to use. 

On top of that, his first full-time year as USC-OC (the year John David Booty took over), he was so obsessed with winning Booty the Heisman.  His excessive pass-heavy playcalling caused a crucial interception in the Oregon State game that caused USC to lose the game.  His bad calls (combined with horrid O-Line play) caused the 2006 13-9 loss to UCLA. 

I will give Kiffin credit for his head coaching abilities.  Al Davis is damn near Satan and did everything he could to hamper Kiffin.  Kiffin finally got his players to start believing in him and were actually playing hard for him, despite their lack of talent, so I give him credit for that.  However, that doesn't necessarily mean that Kiffin will be a good college head coach.  He's going to have to get talent to Tennessee, and do that without buying them off, especially since Alabama will be looking to return the favor if they get caught fooling around. 

Despite Tennessee's recruiting 'falling off', they still have good players, and they should be looking for a coach that can maximize his team's potential.  Former USC coaches and assistants do not fit that category.  Chow was a good coordinator, but he was never fully interested in becoming an HC, simply because he didn't want to deal with recruiting and all the stuff that he would have to do.  Orgeron was bad, and I fully enjoyed Ole Piss sucking.  Chow is looking at the UCLA job as a virtual retirement position.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

PorkSoda

November 03, 2008, 06:08:10 pm #14 Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 06:09:44 pm by PorkSoda
I agree about Kiffin, and only add he is a likely candidate for Washington as the PAC-10 is more his area. 

I think Tennessee might go after the likes of Butch Davis if he continues doing well in North Carolina, or they might try to steal away Muschamp if they want an up and comer.

I don't think they are likely to lose many recruits as Phil and company will finish out the season and try to make a smooth transition.  Also I don't know that we are in any direct recruiting battles with them.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

The Realist

Most of UT recruits have come out and said they are still committed.
Couple said they might look around but are still committed.
And several said they have to keep Scott for them to stay. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

3kgthog

We don't have enough cash to pay the UT recruits we might actually want. Lord knows that's one of the dirtiest programs in the country. Fat Phil just managed to get them a get out of jail free card by outing Alabama.

Hawg Barry

I would really figure most of those that have committed to UT did so with the realization that Fulmer was on the hot seat and was not going to be there the whole four years. So if anything I believe him leaving now actually helps UT more.

PetrinoBall is rolling!!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: FaulknerHogfan on November 03, 2008, 04:52:03 pm
Some Realistic choices, I just just joking about the Gus remark, I knew it was coming so I had to jump at it :)

1.  Texas Tech coach
2.  Ole' Ball coach - don't count this out
3.  OC from the pro's
4.  Boise State Coach
5.  Butch D.
7.  BYU Coach
8. Utah Coach
Interesting on Steve Spurrier. I could see him going there.  I think they would be crazy not to take a real hard look at Leach.  Butch has a pretty good gig over there in Carolina and I just can't see him as the Tennessee coach.  I hope I don't anyway.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Razorvet

Realisticly I could see us going after one kid. He attends Chatham and we have Oden commited to us. And Im sure he would play from day one as **** prep LB. Marlon Walls should get a visit at the least.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=87884

Hawgboy64

As I have stated on another thread, the Vol's are stupid if they don't take a look at Bobby Johnson at Vandy.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

Fatmanhog

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on November 03, 2008, 09:56:25 pm
As I have stated on another thread, the Vol's are stupid if they don't take a look at Bobby Johnson at Vandy.
living here i know for an almost fact they will never hire a coach from vandy. the vol nation is way to proud to go to that level, just ask them
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

resqnu911

MojaveJoe

November 04, 2008, 12:48:45 am #23 Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 12:50:58 am by MojaveJoe
Kiffin's ability as a coach shouldn't be questioned - look at the raiders without him.

That being said his resume is thin...but if he can coach in the NFL, he can do it probably 10X better in college.

Lots of coaches wash out in the NFL but are awesome in the college ranks but rarely (ever?) does the opposite occur - of course, why go back to college if you're making it in the big league? And you do have a point in the sense he certainly still has a lot to prove in the pros.

If they take him, we'll have to see but I have a feeling we'll be watching UT taken to a new level if they go with him.

Cheers!

wholehog92

My real point is that Lane Kiffin has done nothing to show he can build a college football program.
  In the years that he was the Raiders head football coach, they were a combined 5-16.  If he thinks dealing with Al Davis is bad, it's not going to be a lot better dealing with a bunch of big SEC boosters at a school where he has no connections - when they are shelling out a ton of cash.  All of his coaching/player/recruiting connections are in the West. 

TN is not much different than USC in those regards and TN is already built, they just need some new life in the program.  I can't remember the last time they were out of the top 10 in recruiting.  You definitely have a point about his connections being on the west, but he could also turn that into a positive by hiring a staff with connections to recruiting hotbeds besides the west where he has connections.  The Raiders are definitely worse without him, so he must bring some value to the table coaching wise.  His name value should please most TN fans.  He does have things left to prove, but I think it would be a good hire for TN.  I hope they go after Jack Crowe myself though.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Razorvet

Sorry for trying to derail the thread with my post about Tennesse recruits that we might try to sway.

wholehog92

Quote from: Razorvet on November 04, 2008, 09:24:54 am
Sorry for trying to derail the thread with my post about Tennesse recruits that we might try to sway.

That's funny right there.  Sorry for not keeping the thread focused.  What happened is I wanted information about the thread topic but had none.  When I seen the topic had meandered to something I had an opinion on, I thoughtlessly offered it.  My sincerest apologies.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

sauce

Quote from: Razorvet on November 04, 2008, 09:24:54 am

No its my fault I posted a question about recruiting in the recruiting forum.  My bad.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: sauce on November 04, 2008, 10:31:21 am
No its my fault I posted a question about recruiting in the recruiting forum.  My bad.

lol  Too true!

Razorback Pastor

SPAL

no to SS

i can see peterson at boise getting some serious consideration.

but the following message is one that i can guarantee..

"Well i tell ya, let me start by saying that tennessee is a special place. They have a lot of history, lot of prestige, lot of past glory. It would be a great job, great job. One of the best in the country. They  have greta fans, some of the best in the nation, great facilities, good Athletic director. They have contacted me. They called me couple of days ago, told me they woudl send a plane, told me they would buy me a house, told me they would do whatever it took to get a deal done....and it was a tough choice, it was hard, hard to think about, hard to make a choice. I talked with my wife, talked with my kids, talked with the guys here at ole miss, told em i needed some time and they were good about it....they told me to take my time, told me to make the right choice....but in the end, im an ole miss rebel. I like what we got goin on here. We gotta national championship under construction, we gotta good thing goin right here and im happy...happy to be a rebel, happy to be around this great group of guys, happy to be considered for one of the best jobs in the world, but i made a commitment to the ole miss rebels and they made a commitment to me and thats what were gonna do now...i cant wait to get back out on the recruiting trail. We got kids callin us every day, askin if they can come on board, askin for a spot, askin to be a rebel. They love that helmet just like i do and im happy to be here."

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 04, 2008, 04:47:12 pm
no to SS

"Well i tell ya, let me start by saying that tennessee is a special place. They have a lot of history, lot of prestige, lot of past glory. It would be a great job, great job. One of the best in the country. They  have greta fans, some of the best in the nation, great facilities, good Athletic director. They have contacted me. They called me couple of days ago, told me they woudl send a plane, told me they would buy me a house, told me they would do whatever it took to get a deal done....and it was a tough choice, it was hard, hard to think about, hard to make a choice. I talked with my wife, talked with my kids, talked with the guys here at ole miss, told em i needed some time and they were good about it....they told me to take my time, told me to make the right choice....but in the end, im an ole miss rebel. I like what we got goin on here. We gotta national championship under construction, we gotta good thing goin right here and im happy...happy to be a rebel, happy to be around this great group of guys, happy to be considered for one of the best jobs in the world, but i made a commitment to the ole miss rebels and they made a commitment to me and thats what were gonna do now...i cant wait to get back out on the recruiting trail. We got kids callin us every day, askin if they can come on board, askin for a spot, askin to be a rebel. They love that helmet just like i do and im happy to be here."

That's code for
1: Recruiting at Tennessee is way too much trouble! and
2: Their fans and boosters won't put up with half the crap the Ole Miss fans will after having Orgeron!  How CAN I leave?  ;)

oppybrit

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 04, 2008, 04:47:12 pm
no to SS

That sent shivers up my spine!

RazorBassin

The Hog

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 03, 2008, 07:44:15 pm
We don't have enough cash to pay the UT recruits we might actually want. Lord knows that's one of the dirtiest programs in the country. Fat Phil just managed to get them a get out of jail free card by outing Alabama.
Let me get this strait.  If Houston Nutt gets players we are recruiting with money or illegally as described by the NCAA, you will be upset if Petrino tells what he knows?  Interesting.
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

Quote from: fatmanhog on November 03, 2008, 10:15:17 pm
living here i know for an almost fact they will never hire a coach from vandy. the vol nation is way to proud to go to that level, just ask them
Being in state rivals I agree.  It will not happen.  That would be like us hiring what his name from Arkansas State.  Won't happen.
Automatic RUN!

LJHOG

It is my understanding we have now offered a Tenn DT commit.  Sorry the name escapes me.  My LSU working partner told me this last night.  So no conformation.  Rumor and conjecture only.

J.A.Y.

November 06, 2008, 03:38:37 pm #37 Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 03:44:06 pm by J.A.Y.
nm
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

ballhogger14u

there is a 4 star running back out of florida that could come in at semester that has said he would look at all of his options, i wouldn't mind seeing him in a hog uniform, especially if we don't get wingo, if tenn. doesn't hire a coach before jan. 1 , he will have to look someplace else, he likes the sec and wants out of florida

The Realist

The only two DT recruits UT has are two JUCO guys out of California.
Edwin Herbert 4 star and Jonathan Hollins 3 star
Neither of them have Arkansas listed as an interest.
Childs, Gregory.

Razorvet

Quote from: The Realist on November 06, 2008, 08:04:07 pm

And there is this kid named Jericho Nelson who is commited to Perdue.....

3pigsinafountain

Quote from: The Realist on November 06, 2008, 08:04:07 pm

perhaps because Ar. didn't offer until after Phat Phil announced, his offers column has not been updated.  Most commits in that situation start paying close attention to who the new coach will be.........in the Tenn case it will probably be a known entity and as long as he had reasons other than the current coaching staff, thats is likely where he will end up.

The Hog

Quote from: 3pigsinafountain on November 07, 2008, 09:08:35 pm
perhaps because Ar. didn't offer until after Phat Phil announced, his offers column has not been updated.  Most commits in that situation start paying close attention to who the new coach will be.........in the Tenn case it will probably be a known entity and as long as he had reasons other than the current coaching staff, thats is likely where he will end up.
Reading the recruits comments, they are sold on the program and not the coach.  Two at this time seem to be seriously evaluating.  Some of the existing players are the ones having problems with Fulmers departure.  Do not be surprise if Phil is the recruiting coordinator for Tennessee if some of the named coaches are selected.

Tennesse seems to be following the Arkansas pattern for replacing a coach.  Remember, Petrino came in early and we did not lose one recruit.
Automatic RUN!

The Realist

Quote from: The Hog on November 07, 2008, 09:14:12 pm
Reading the recruits comments, they are sold on the program and not the coach.  Two at this time seem to be seriously evaluating.  Some of the existing players are the ones having problems with Fulmers departure.  Do not be surprise if Phil is the recruiting coordinator for Tennessee if some of the named coaches are selected.

Tennesse seems to be following the Arkansas pattern for replacing a coach.  Remember, Petrino came in early and we did not lose one recruit.
We lost a bunch of recruits. 
Petrino just replaced them with equal or better recruits.
Childs, Gregory.

The Hog

Quote from: The Realist on November 07, 2008, 11:00:18 pm
We lost a bunch of recruits. 
Petrino just replaced them with equal or better recruits.
I am not questing your statement but on DTS it was reported he went home to home and held all the Nutt recruits commitments to Arkansas.  Who?  Are you counting the ones that were interested but not verbally committed as losses?  Maybe I miss understood Rick and Randy's comments.
Automatic RUN!

mmweber01

Quote from: The Hog on November 08, 2008, 08:36:09 am
I am not questing your statement but on DTS it was reported he went home to home and held all the Nutt recruits commitments to Arkansas.  Who?  Are you counting the ones that were interested but not verbally committed as losses?  Maybe I miss understood Rick and Randy's comments.

The only recruit i remember not staying around was Devin Thomas but he was actually had his scholarship pulled for Dennis Johnson, can anyone say Upgrade.

The Realist

EJ Epperson, Justin Smith, Devin Thomas, Josh Tatum. 
And those are just the ones that switched to Ole Miss after being fully committed. 
Marcal Robinson to Southern Miss is another. 
So there are a minimum of five that we lost.  Rick and Randy were both clearly wrong. 
Childs, Gregory.

Razorvet

Thats not what they said. They said he kept all of the instate recruits. Which he did as well as adding a couple of instate four stars in Adams and Wilson. Of course those two really havent done nothing so we didnt need Petrino after all ;). We did lose some commitments. Some who would have helped out big. But it was more likely due to the medias treament of the situation, Arkansas fans who didnt accept that change was here and attacked thier own program, NeoNutts who were still on staff trying to derail the process and stealing recruit info and some that didnt get the love they expected from the new staff.

As far as Tennesse recruits goes I think they did this early enough that they will have an easier time keeping thier guys commited. If  Fat Phil is still gonna support the program then they may be better off this way than had they tried to keep him to keep the recruits. Giving Phil a pass would show they had no commitment to winning. Replacing him with new blood shows they are determined not to get passed up by the coaching arms race that is the SEC.

In a rebuilding program like Arkansas I think players from the prep school ranks are very important. We need to keep trying to work on those Hargrave kids. Oden is solid to Arkansas and he is a manchild. If he can bring a few others with him we could be a top ten class. I would focus on those relationships.

The Hog

Quote from: Razorvet on November 08, 2008, 11:33:45 am
Thats not what they said. They said he kept all of the instate recruits. Which he did as well as adding a couple of instate four stars in Adams and Wilson. Of course those two really havent done nothing so we didnt need Petrino after all ;). We did lose some commitments. Some who would have helped out big. But it was more likely due to the medias treament of the situation, Arkansas fans who didnt accept that change was here and attacked thier own program, NeoNutts who were still on staff trying to derail the process and stealing recruit info and some that didnt get the love they expected from the new staff.

As far as Tennesse recruits goes I think they did this early enough that they will have an easier time keeping thier guys commited. If  Fat Phil is still gonna support the program then they may be better off this way than had they tried to keep him to keep the recruits. Giving Phil a pass would show they had no commitment to winning. Replacing him with new blood shows they are determined not to get passed up by the coaching arms race that is the SEC.

In a rebuilding program like Arkansas I think players from the prep school ranks are very important. We need to keep trying to work on those Hargrave kids. Oden is solid to Arkansas and he is a manchild. If he can bring a few others with him we could be a top ten class. I would focus on those relationships.
Thanks for clearing it up.  I knew they said he kept the recruits but I guess I did not hear them say the Arkansas kids.
Automatic RUN!