Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is Danny Nutt's official title at Ole Miss?

Started by Porkahontas, October 27, 2008, 10:36:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porkahontas

Just curious. We all know he has a hearing problem but it's come to my attention that he has a listening problem also.

Wasn't he warned last year that he couldn't be in the coaches box on the sidelines last year because each team has a specific number of coaches and assistant coaches allowed on the sidelines during a game?

If so, what the hell was he doing parading up and down the sidelines (between the 30's) Saturday night, appearing to coach up RB's and greeting them as they came off the field over the course of the game?

That sounds like a violation to me. If the SEC isn't going to limit how many coaches a team can have on the sidelines, what's preventing each team from having about 20 or so coaches out there for each position on offense and defense?

Not saying they should have to forfeit the game but it's a pretty damn blatant slap in the face of Commissioner Bloom, who warned this staff last year that Danny Nutt couldn't be in the coaching box on the field or in the press box because it put them over the allowed number of coaches allowed, per NCAA and SEC regulations.

And yes, there is photographic proof out there that Danny Nutt was running around inside the 30's and he was seen by numerous people spending more than just a little bit of time with the Ole Miss RB's during the game.

idochog

I have a feeling this thread gonna be very funny!
I love Jesus!

chortle

jamie72921

Bless your heart

jmingram911

Quote from: Porkahontas on October 27, 2008, 10:36:09 pm
Just curious. We all know he has a hearing problem but it's come to my attention that he has a listening problem also.

Wasn't he warned last year that he couldn't be in the coaches box on the sidelines last year because each team has a specific number of coaches and assistant coaches allowed on the sidelines during a game?

If so, what the hell was he doing parading up and down the sidelines (between the 30's) Saturday night, appearing to coach up RB's and greeting them as they came off the field over the course of the game?

That sounds like a violation to me. If the SEC isn't going to limit how many coaches a team can have on the sidelines, what's preventing each team from having about 20 or so coaches out there for each position on offense and defense?

Not saying they should have to forfeit the game but it's a pretty damn blatant slap in the face of Commissioner Bloom, who warned this staff last year that Danny Nutt couldn't be in the coaching box on the field or in the press box because it put them over the allowed number of coaches allowed, per NCAA and SEC regulations.

And yes, there is photographic proof out there that Danny Nutt was running around inside the 30's and he was seen by numerous people spending more than just a little bit of time with the Ole Miss RB's during the game.
How about chief a** wiper for his no-account brother.

East Clintwood

I think he is the teams official "Take a player to Sonic Counselor".
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Porkahontas

Damn it.

Let's back track for a second and forget the wise-cracking.

Ole Miss used an extra assistant coach basically during this game. Does this piss anyone else as much as it does myself?

He's not employed as an assistant coach for Ole Miss. He has zero business (and right) to be parading around down there "coaching" during the games. He was warned about this last year.

I would like to say that it's real nice that his brain quit bleeding long enough for him to run around out there taunting the crowd and so he could coach this game. Or maybe it's still just a coincidence that his "condition" popped up again when Eddie Christains discovery was nipping on his heels and it was found out that he had something on his computer (according to Prewitt and Darbys emails) that made them feel OK as long as police didn't come and take his computer.

I'm thinking, at least, this has to be a secondary violation. It'd be nice if the victory was overturned. We've seen teams lose an entire seasons worth of victories because of one ineligible player who took money before the season (i.e: Alabama and Antonio Langham). Why would it be out of the realm of possibilities to see Ole Miss have to forfeit this victory because of a blatant abuse of a rule that this coaching staff was warned about just one year ago?

chortle

Porkahontas

Quote from: WooPigFlowerMound on October 27, 2008, 10:47:57 pm
"Assistant Athletics Director for Player Development".

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12785&SPID=737&DB_OEM_ID=2600&ATCLID=1366355&Q_SEASON=2008

There you go.

So you're saying he's not an assistant coach and he's got zero reason to be in the coaching box "coaching" like he was Saturday night?

It was a 2 point game. Maybe something Danny said (coached) to one of the RB's made the difference in this close game. Maybe not. Either way, it's complete bunk that the Ole Miss Rebels were allowed to use one more coach than the Hogs. How much is an extra assistant coach worth? Very little, but a 2 point margin of victory is very little also.

We ran these sorry sacks out of Fayetteville while they were coaching the Hogs. It'd be nice if we were able to somehow hit them where it hurt (and their immediate family like HDN III who chose to spit on the midfield Hog and to flip off fans repeatedly during the game) since they're at a conference rival.

Hawgon

He is the Chief Assistant AD in charge of lesbian relations. 

idochog

Pretty soon Hootie will have Dickey Nutt on the Ole Miss welfare program
I love Jesus!

chortle

Quote from: Porkahontas on October 27, 2008, 10:53:04 pm
There you go.

So you're saying he's not an assistant coach and he's got zero reason to be in the coaching box "coaching" like he was Saturday night?

It was a 2 point game. Maybe something Danny said (coached) to one of the RB's made the difference in this close game. Maybe not. Either way, it's complete bunk that the Ole Miss Rebels were allowed to use one more coach than the Hogs. How much is an extra assistant coach worth? Very little, but a 2 point margin of victory is very little also.

We ran these sorry sacks out of Fayetteville while they were coaching the Hogs. It'd be nice if we were able to somehow hit them where it hurt (and their immediate family like HDN III who chose to spit on the midfield Hog and to flip off fans repeatedly during the game) since they're at a conference rival.

I'll just settle for watching Ryan Mallett mop the floor with their a$$es next year and then have Reggie Fish take a dump at midfield of Vaught Hemingway.

aloha_kid

Quote from: Porkahontas on October 27, 2008, 10:36:09 pm

Air Traffic Controller

aloha_kid

aloha_kid

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 27, 2008, 10:41:00 pm
I think he is the teams official "Take a player to Sonic Counselor".
2.99 coney and tots.

PigSnort

October 27, 2008, 11:05:18 pm #15 Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 11:07:18 pm by PigSnort
I did wonder the same thing at the game.  If he couldn't be in the press box with the Arkansas coaches last year, why is he allowed within the team box on the field, dressed as an assistant coach, having interaction with the players during a game?

And I'll again raise my point about D. Nutt last year:  It was revealed that he was paid for his full complement of sick days after he supposedly couldn't coach anymore.  How in the heck do you have all your sick days for ten years accumulated when you have such a serious, life threatening condition?  In fact, didn't he have to miss almost all of spring practice one year?  Sounds like grounds for fraud and theft to me!

bearmkt

NCAA Football Rules
http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uploads/PDF/Football_Rulesadc982b5-03fb-4e27-828c-c2d26b95e6c1.pdf

This is all I could find referencing coaches -
The team area shall be limited to squad members in full uniform and a
maximum of 60 other individuals directly involved in the game. 'Full
uniform' is defined as being equipped in accord with NCAA Football
Rules and Interpretations, and ready to play. The 60 individuals not in
full uniform shall wear special team area credentials numbered 1 through
60. No other credential is valid for the team area.

Here is who you would presumably call -

Southeastern Conference
2201 Richard Arrington Blvd. North
Birmingham, AL 35203
(205) 458-3000
(205) 458-3031 - FAX    

Name    Title
Mike Slive    Commissioner
Mark Womack    Executive Associate Commissioner
Mark Whitworth    Associate Commissioner / External Affairs
Charles Bloom    Associate Commissioner / Media Relations
Debbie Corum    Associate Commissioner / Sports Administration
Greg Sankey    Associate Commissioner / Compliance
\Ginny Thomas    Assistant Director of Football Administration
Marianne Clancy    Compliance Assistant

Coordinators of Officiating:
Rogers Redding - Football

Sivad

More proof that the "Nutt Family" thinks the rules do not apply to them.
They think they are "special".

moley_russells_wart_hog

come on guys u forget rules dont apply to the nutt brothers

Hogbody

eddyhog

Quote from: MacHog19 on October 27, 2008, 11:47:38 pm
Come on folks.  I have no use for TCTWF or his classless brother, but his presence on the sideline is not why the Hogs did not win the game.  I
Come on my butt. The SEC office ruled last year that Danny Nutt could not be in the coaches booth or
in the team area during games. After the ruling he stayed out of the box and away from the players.
If he's back interacting with coaches or players during games then he is knowingly violating the rules.
The only question is, is there proof that he did that in the form of video that can be sent to the SEC
office ?

HogNuttz

Quote from: eddyhog on October 28, 2008, 12:08:35 am
Come on my butt.

Did you think about this before you typed it?

Besides, Danny wasn't coaching.  He was lining up the teams for pickup basketball next week.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Hogbody

Quote from: HogNuttz on October 28, 2008, 12:40:24 am
Did you think about this before you typed it?

Besides, Danny wasn't coaching.  He was lining up the teams for pickup basketball next week.
hahahaha!

I almost just died laughing.

Porkahontas

Anyone care to spend a little time today snooping through some previous Ole Miss games from earlier this season? I'm willing to bet this isn't an isolated incident.

hogginbama

I heard he is the official "fluffer" for the team.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

HoopS

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hogeyeblind

carlspackler

Can't you just imagine the conversation going on between the two Nutties on the sideline?

We have clearance Clarence. Roger Rodger what's your vector Victor?

Wichitahogfan

He went from "Hog Haunter" to "Rebel Rouser". May he always be blessed with that title.

RebelAt

It's always possible that they've sacrificed some real assistant coach position so Danny could frantically run around like a yahoo.

Silver Hog

Pissed Pig

Quality Control for "the Rope".  or Rope Anchor

losthawg68

Quote from: Porkahontas on October 27, 2008, 10:49:48 pm
Damn it.

Let's back track for a second and forget the wise-cracking.

Ole Miss used an extra assistant coach basically during this game. Does this piss anyone else as much as it does myself?

He's not employed as an assistant coach for Ole Miss. He has zero business (and right) to be parading around down there "coaching" during the games. He was warned about this last year.

I would like to say that it's real nice that his brain quit bleeding long enough for him to run around out there taunting the crowd and so he could coach this game. Or maybe it's still just a coincidence that his "condition" popped up again when Eddie Christains discovery was nipping on his heels and it was found out that he had something on his computer (according to Prewitt and Darbys emails) that made them feel OK as long as police didn't come and take his computer.

I'm thinking, at least, this has to be a secondary violation. It'd be nice if the victory was overturned. We've seen teams lose an entire seasons worth of victories because of one ineligible player who took money before the season (i.e: Alabama and Antonio Langham). Why would it be out of the realm of possibilities to see Ole Miss have to forfeit this victory because of a blatant abuse of a rule that this coaching staff was warned about just one year ago?

isn't having another nutt on the sidelines punishment enough?
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

aaaactionvp

Pig Poppa Pump

StoernerJonesFan

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: swisshog on October 28, 2008, 08:15:25 am
Sonic Ice Cream Collection Engineer

OK, usually I am "in the know" when it comes to hogville inside jokes. The Sonic ice cream references i do not get though. anyone care to enlighten me?

ad22001

He couldn't be in the booth at Arkansas because he "stepped down" and was not employed anymore.  Also the number of coaches is limited but I bet with his new title at ole piss he can be on the sidelines.

Doyle Hograves

***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

retired-rambler

What bothers me more than Danny is Nutts son acting the way some of you said he did.  I can understand standing up for his Dad but not in that manner.  Was he a senior last year at FHS? 

Silver Hog

Quote from: Pissed Pig on October 28, 2008, 08:21:52 am
Quality Control for "the Rope".  or Rope Anchor

makes sense, since his old computer is now a boat anchor on the bottom of Beaver lake.

kgr

Quote from: chortle on October 27, 2008, 10:50:20 pm

Isn't that kinda like VP of Marginal Affairs?

I wouldn't call the drain bamaged one chasing coeds and TCTWF chasing news anchors marginal affairs.
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 28, 2008, 08:38:01 am
OK, usually I am "in the know" when it comes to hogville inside jokes. The Sonic ice cream references i do not get though. anyone care to enlighten me?

I'd have to dig to find you a link, but I remember something this summer where Dale said Danny was a father figure to some kids.  When they had trouble, they would find Danny and he would take them to sonic for an ice cream cone and make things better. 

I don't think he sprung for any tots, coneys, or slushes....only ice cream cones were mentioned.

HoginIllinois

Quote from: retired-rambler on October 28, 2008, 08:57:01 am
What bothers me more than Danny is Nutts son acting the way some of you said he did.  I can understand standing up for his Dad but not in that manner.  Was he a senior last year at FHS? 

Houston said that one of Danny's jobs was to take players who were feeling sorry for themselves down to the Sonic for an ice cream cone.

Really. He actually said it.

Hogjammin

I find it hard to believe that Danny Nutt could coach any player to be better, much less influence the outcome of a game.  I hope he's standing right there when we pound them next year.

Proud member of the War Memorial Mafia

braxhog

Clifton Ealy is Director of High School Relations and he stands on the sideline too.

Eddie Piggard

Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8

return2glory

Quote from: Porkahontas on October 27, 2008, 10:53:04 pm

Hold on a second...HDN III spit on our logo and was flipping off fans?  Guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.  Saturday night did nothing in my mind but confirm that I couldn't be more happy that HDN and the other stooges were fired.  I couldn't have taken another year of two receivers being sent out on pass plays.  And that crap he pulled at the beginning of the game by waiting until we came out before he brought his team out was classic Nutt.  That boy is special, I tell you.