Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have a question on player control that I have always wondered about

Started by PigPusher, September 07, 2005, 09:12:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PigPusher

What would happen if a coach, during a game, requested a player come off the field and the player refuses?  If he continues to resist leaving the field what would be the coaches options?  Forced removal by the other team members?  Removal by the stadium law enforcement officers?  Would tresspassing come into play here as a result?  Serious question.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

HornetHog

There's an assistant coaching position that few are aware of.  He sits on the roof top of the box seats with his coaching headset on, and also holding a 306 high powered rifle with a scope...and he's ready for that very scenario......:)

What kinda frickin question is that...?  Are you that bored of an individual...?

Please put down the crack pipe and come back to reality.
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

junkyardhog

I would probably argue it depends on the player. If it were Peyton Hillis, he would remain and pay like hell after the game.

If it were Mort, he would be dragged by his ear off the field.

Not that either of these two would even consider it.  I could see Peyton doing it if the coaches thought he were hurt and he said, un huh, no way!

PigPusher

Quote from: HornetHog on September 07, 2005, 09:47:58 am
There's an assistant coaching position that few are aware of. He sits on the roof top of the box seats with his coaching headset on, and also holding a 306 high powered rifle with a scope...and he's ready for that very scenario......:)

What kinda frickin question is that...? Are you that bored of an individual...?

Please put down the crack pipe and come back to reality.

Well I can see you are not going to be a lot of help.  Go stand on the sideline as you are out of there. :)

As I said, the question is very serious and I would like a serious answer from someone who knows. 

"There are no dumb questions only dumb answers."
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

HornetHog

Being an X-Razorback...

I still say the question is frickin stupid....why....because the whole game of football is based of Discipline.....and discipline at a very high level.  Almost like the Military....which I've also been a part of in my lifetime.  D-1 College football is extremely psychologically leveraged by the coaches in-order to get their players to produce at very high levels.  Holtz was the best at getting very average players to over preform against better athletic teams.  From the time you walk on the practice field as a freshman....make no mistake the coaches are gods and you're are just there for the ride.  Today...Im sure the kids have much more rebellious attitude than we did for Coach Holtz and Hatfield.....but its still a game of the coaches saying Jump! and the players will say How High. 

If a coach ever had to march out on the field and address that issue..........it would be a flag of some sort or have to burn a time out.

Most likely he would yell at a couple of his teammate OL's to go and assist the player off................Homer

Man...I a can't wait till you next question......hee hee

PigPusher

Then if you do not like a question just move on.  Pretty simple...

Bacons Rebellion

Ask on the "First Down" board where the ref answers rules questions.

HornetHog

Gotta be able to take a little bibbin....com'on..!        Hey...with a question like that.....?

Its all in good fun....never forget that.                   OK OK      Im moving on

:)

HH

PigPusher

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on September 07, 2005, 11:07:26 am
Ask on the "First Down" board where the ref answers rules questions.

Thanks I'll do that.  Great idea for this "very" important question.