Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I think Hog fans are scared of our running backs

Started by hogsanity, September 06, 2005, 04:21:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

because they see we will not be a passing team.  I think that scares some here as much as anything.  A 7 or 8 win season with a great running game is not as acceptable as 5-6 while throwing 30 passes a game.  Now I know they are not going to put up 400+ on everyone, but Id run em til someone stops em.  We have 4 good to above avg backs, and Id ride them til their legs fall off.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Biggus Piggus

Where the crap do you get that?  I think Hog fans are scared of our quarterbacks.
[CENSORED]!

PAHog

It's a hangover from seeing the draw play on 3rd & 15 over, and over, and over again.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Razor(back) Ramon

Are you kidding?  That's the thing I'm looking forward to the most this year.  After watching the game on Sat. I'm very excited they we could have at least 3 potential 1000+ yard rushers this year, even if we only get 300 passing yards all season.  But at the end of the day I don't think anyone will care as long as we win.   
When you participate in sporting events it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how drunk you get.  -Homer Simpson

bigred7987

if your on these boards long enough you will realize that even if we beat USC your guranteed to have people on here finding something to whine about the next day

WilsonHog

I think what folks are scared of is that the defensive coordinators from places like LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, etc. will pick up the phone, call HDN, and say, "Houston, tell you what. I've seen the film. I'm putting nine in the box. If you want to beat me, you'll have to throw the ball. And you and I both know you can't do it."

pigfoot

Quote from: hogsanity on September 06, 2005, 04:21:39 pm
because they see we will not be a passing team. I think that scares some here as much as anything. A 7 or 8 win season with a great running game is not as acceptable as 5-6 while throwing 30 passes a game. Now I know they are not going to put up 400+ on everyone, but Id run em til someone stops em. We have 4 good to above avg backs, and Id ride them til their legs fall off.

I don't know where you're coming from or what you're talking about.  I don't care if we have the best running game on the planet, we will have to be able to throw the ball effectively to keep the opposing defense honest.  And, I agree with Biggus.  I question whether we have a QB who can be as effective throwing the ball as he is at handing the ball to a running back.  Let's see what happens when RJ is really pressured -- and he will be.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: bigred7987 on September 06, 2005, 04:34:02 pm
if your on these boards long enough you will realize that even if we beat USC your guranteed to have people on here finding something to whine about the next day

I'd sure like to test that thesis.
[CENSORED]!

Bomis Hawg

Well, that thesis was true in 2003.  Arkansas was undefeated and some still were talking about playcalling.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on September 06, 2005, 05:41:03 pm
Well, that thesis was true in 2003. Arkansas was undefeated and some still were talking about playcalling.

On the Internet, you'll find people who are talking about anything.  But I think you missed my point.
[CENSORED]!

Lando Calrissian

I'm scared that we're going to be a run-orientated team (we definetely have the talent for it) that's too inconsistent and too turnover-prone to be a run-orientated team.

I don't care whether we run for 500 or pass for 500.

I do know that a run-orientated team that fumbles 4 times a game is unacceptable.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Boarcephus

i don't care how many potential 1000 yard rushers we have on this team,  if a team is hellbent on stopping the run in the sec, they can.   Houston better have a plan Plan P in reserve when they line up 9 in the box and stuff the run because it will happen at some point(s) during this season.   If Johnson is sharp enough and confident enough and HDN gives him the latitude, we could have a decent year.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Thehammer

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 06, 2005, 04:22:27 pm
Where the crap do you get that? I think Hog fans are scared of our quarterbacks.

I'm scared of Nutt's handling of the qb situation.   If we finish 8-3 and rush for 400 yards every game, I'd be satisfied.   But the realist in me says that we cannot run the ball over and over and win in the SEC.

bigred7987

we can for the first 5 games of the year just like we have the past 5 years but after that people pick up on it.  I think if Nutt could have adjusted to that the past few years he would have...but he couldnt with MJ....dont fix it if it aint broke.....it'll break around 5th game of the year so then we can talk about play calling

Bigmac

Quote from: Razor(back) Ramon on September 06, 2005, 04:33:24 pm
Are you kidding? That's the thing I'm looking forward to the most this year. After watching the game on Sat. I'm very excited they we could have at least 3 potential 1000+ yard rushers this year, even if we only get 300 passing yards all season." But at the end of the day I don't think anyone will care as long as we win. "

Note - See Ken Hatfield

dudemanhog

I'm more scared of Vandy than I am of our running backs.

Tomhog™

I think we could run on most of the teams in the SEC.  I don't see but a very few teams that will contain us.  Our passing does need to be a threat though.  One dimensional offense will cost you games against the tougher opponents like Florida, LSU, Tennessee, Georgia, etc...

Turnberry

Quote from: hogsanity on September 06, 2005, 04:21:39 pm
because they see we will not be a passing team. I think that scares some here as much as anything. A 7 or 8 win season with a great running game is not as acceptable as 5-6 while throwing 30 passes a game. Now I know they are not going to put up 400+ on everyone, but Id run em til someone stops em. We have 4 good to above avg backs, and Id ride them til their legs fall off.

All fans care about is winning.  Those of us that are complaining about the passing game are doing so because we're intelligent enough to know that we can't run the ball down a number of SEC opponents throats - Georgia, Auburn, LSU, etc. 

aka PlanoHog

hawgfan_18

Quote from: bigred7987 on September 06, 2005, 04:34:02 pm

Sad but True...