Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We can't be this bad

Started by PAHog, September 06, 2005, 02:18:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PAHog

CBS Sportsline ranks every team, including Arkansas.  Arkansas ranked 66th (actually fell a few spots after winning) and behind the likes of Mississippi St, Ole Miss, Kansas and Navy.  Can anyone argue that we are this bad?

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/119/index2
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Hog6

Quote from: PAHog on September 06, 2005, 02:18:46 pm
CBS Sportsline ranks every team, including Arkansas.  Arkansas ranked 66th (actually fell a few spots after winning) and behind the likes of Mississippi St, Ole Miss, Kansas and Navy.  Can anyone argue that we are this bad?

We are not that bad.

mikeirwin

I work for a CBS station. Nonetheless, CBS Sportsline is out to lunch in it's SEC rankings.

Inigo Montoya

No one is worse than Navy.  For crying out loud!!

PAHog

Tomhog™

C'mon, we are easily the 65th ranked team in the nation!  What's with the 66? LOL

tulsahog36

Lets all calm down about the rankins.  If Arkansas beats VAndy and then either USC or Alabama on the road then we can discuss Arkansas' ranking.  Until then, this group hasn't earned the right for a high ranking by anyone. 

Bomis Hawg

That poll has ZERO credibility.  They have Illinois losing to Rutgers.  But, Illinois won in OT.  They don't have enough people paying attention to do it.

PAHog

tulsahog36 - I guess you think Arkansas deserves the ranking?  If so, what is your argument for the Hogs being behind some of the mentioned teams?

Razorback Jedi

Funny thing about that poll is that Ole Miss moved up 20+ spots with a 3 point victory over Memphis (due to a very very lucky win).

By all accounts, Vandy is 70th (or thereabouts) and we're 66th....should be a hellava game.

TULAWHOG

Quote from: opineonswine on September 06, 2005, 03:48:46 pm

No, we aren't that bad but it's what happens after years and years of not being a factor.  They forget about you.  Does it matter really if you're 66th, 55th or 44th?  The bottom line is our program is mired in mediocrity and not improving.  We're not relevant.  We're not ranked.  We're not competing for a conf title or for a major bowl berth.  We're just floundering in the mud trying to beat Ole Miss and Miss State.  Sad, sad state of affairs for a once-proud program.

And, by the way, 3 of the old SWC are ranked in this week's rankings and 4 are ahead of us.  We're not as good as we once were...to borrow a line from current country hit.

We don't play who we once did.  I'm pretty sure we got the toughest road to conference titles when the SWC split then our former SWC foes turned Big 12.  It's tough to make a success comparsion when you're not using the same variables.

Torqued pork

The poll is just anticipating we will get thrashed by USC and finish with our usual losing record in the SEC. Getting less respect than nobodies such as UTEP,New Mexico,Miami(Ohio) and Toledo has become the norm no matter how sick it makes us.

DarkHelmet

Quote from: tulsahog36 on September 06, 2005, 03:13:16 pm
Lets all calm down about the rankins. If Arkansas beats VAndy and then either USC or Alabama on the road then we can discuss Arkansas' ranking. Until then, this group hasn't earned the right for a high ranking by anyone.

i tend to agree but being ranked below ole piss and misstake is absolutely insulting...

someone needs their testicles flogged for this

Torqued pork

Maybe we should just quit accepting excuses and start DEMANDING more out of our football program.

Kevin n Hog Heaven

We are not that bad. I have to admit this is somewhat depressing though. Bottomline is we arent in the top 25 where we should be after 7 seasons. Going into 8. I bring up the fact that since HDN left Boise St. they have surged while we still flounder to my buddies all the time. They have been ranked in the top 25 i do believe the last three or four seasons in a row. And let me tell ya that Nutt's tenure there has nothing to do with it.

Biggus Piggus

Rankings mean nothing right now.  Let us accomplish something first.
[CENSORED]!

Bomis Hawg

I can't believe people are even reading that garbage ranking page.  Anytime you mess up wins and losses, you lose your credibility of being a valuable soure.  Good job, Sportsline.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

How is this possible?  Missouri got 6 votes for beating Arkansas State in the coaches poll.  Yes, we sorta suck, but I can't believe we didn't even get 1 vote in either the AP or Coaches poll.  I understand about the top programs, but we are getting absolute zero consideration at all.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Rankings/Coaches.htm

Bomis Hawg

Good to see that CFN has Arkansas down as 0-0.

toshortrock

we just need to win,,it will take care of itself
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Oklahawg

Just win. A 3-point victory vs. Vandy won't make us happy on here (unless we can all see that the team is that much better, but so is Vandy) but it helps the win column come November.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra