Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USC gave up almost 400 passing yards vs. Hawaii

Started by AFWarrior83, September 05, 2005, 11:09:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AFWarrior83

Under 100 rushing, so Nutt better get RJ some more reps if he wants to have a shot at winning, I know we will have well over 100 yrds rushing against them though. We need a QB that passes though, it's harder to defend!
Hogville member since 2005.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on September 05, 2005, 11:09:10 pm
Under 100 rushing, so Nutt better get RJ some more reps if he wants to have a shot at winning, I know we will have well over 100 yrds rushing against them though. We need a QB that passes though, it's harder to defend!

You have to take June Jones' offense into consideration. UH passed the ball 49 times, and only rushed the ball 21 times. The Bows are definately not a running team.

Big Papa Satan

Hawaii is a pass first, second and third offense, and considering they got behind quickly, the run wasn't an option to them.

Basing Arkansas' performance against USC on what happened to Hawaii isn't applicable.

CorningHog

We will definitely have to be able to "pass" the ball against USC and I think you will see a more concentrated effort out of our game plan this week against Vandy to attack them with some pass plays we did not even show against Missouri St.

The thing is, our attack or game plan against Missouri St was not very similar to what kind of passing we have done in preseason.

The issue was mainly in knowing that USC would scout this game since they have 2 weeks to practice for us and why give them any glimpse of what we plan to use against them or a team where just lining up and running 2 or 3 plays at them over and over and rack up 400+ yards rushing.

Expect a different attack this Saturday and expect us to throw the complete attack at USC the following week.

Passing will not be a weakness with the 2005 Razorbacks, I can assure you.

They have a chance to be very effective in both the running and passing game and will actually feed off of each other.  It is going to be fun to watch this offense and I hope that Herring can get our defense tucked away and pressuring soon with some better tackling and swarming to the ball.  There were glimpses but nothing like I expect we will see within the next few weeks.

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

Chuck Beavers

USC is not worried about our playbook or any unexpected schemes we may employ. I watched their game with Hawaii on television while listening to the Razorback game on the Internet. Even if our offense does well (in doubt), their offense will cut through our defense like a hot knife through butter. They are just awesome. I expect them to score over 50 points against us. With our pass rush, Leinart could be in the pocket making cell phone calls to his girlfriends before throwing his passes. Our offense could play very welll and I fear we could still lose something like 52-28.

USC wasn't worried about showing us their playbook while whipping Hawaii. They threw deep and often even with a large lead. I'm sure Herring is just scheming up a storm with all they showed. All he has to do now is figure a way to stop Bush, Lienart and all the receivers. Hey, we've seen it, so it should be easy the way you guys talk.

The USC desfense didn't look as strong as I expected. Hawaii did gain a lot a yards. They completely controlled the first quarter. They opened the game with a long drive that ended with an interception being returned for a touchdown. This was followed by another long drive. Lienart didn't even get in to the game until late in the first quarter.

I hope I'm wrong and a miracle happens. I'll be there cheering us on. But my brain says we're going to be beaten badly.

Biggus Piggus

If we gain almost 400 any kind of yards against USC, it will be a moral victory.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: CorningHog on September 05, 2005, 11:41:25 pm

Expect a different attack this Saturday and expect us to throw the complete attack at USC the following week.

Passing will not be a weakness with the 2005 Razorbacks, I can assure you.

I am impressed with your confidence level.  I completely disagree with your analysis.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Johnson has a little trouble with the snap exchange.  Otherwise he seems to do the little things right.  How many teams are going to do what Missouri State did, and force him to read out the passing plays?  He will look better, I bet, when he gets to throw against some man coverage.  Johnson looked completely unprepared for the coverages and rushes MSU put out there.  Maybe they didn't know they're supposed to overplay our running game.
[CENSORED]!