Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why are Hog fans so negative?

Started by Bogarto, September 04, 2005, 05:46:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogarto

I am a diehard Hogs fan though, but it amazes me how negative most of these posts are. Hogs will probably win 6-7 this year, get blown out by USC, but it is a young team. I was at the SMS game, while the passing game was suspect, that is usually the case in QB's first starts. If fans can't be excited about a team whose best players are all sophomores or freshmen (Monk, Hillis, Jones, McFadden) and ran for 483 yards yesterday then don't bother coming to the games or commenting in the forums. Nutt is a solid coach, and with the core of young players he has now and with Mustain coming in next year the Hogs should be compettive for quite a while to come. If we lost to Vandy, then I will eat my words but bottom line is the Hogs are not USC or Miami, but are definetely a good young team worth being excited over.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: Bogarto on September 04, 2005, 05:46:53 pm
I am a diehard Hogs fan though, but it amazes me how negative most of these posts are. Hogs will probably win 6-7 this year, get blown out by USC, but it is a young team. I was at the SMS game, while the passing game was suspect, that is usually the case in QB's first starts. If fans can't be excited about a team whose best players are all sophomores or freshmen (Monk, Hillis, Jones, McFadden) and ran for 483 yards yesterday then don't bother coming to the games or commenting in the forums. Nutt is a solid coach, and with the core of young players he has now and with Mustain coming in next year the Hogs should be compettive for quite a while to come. If we lost to Vandy, then I will eat my words but bottom line is the Hogs are not USC or Miami, but are definetely a good young team worth being excited over.

Has everything to do with last year.  Nothing about this year.  You end high, your fans aren't going to grumble much.  You end low, fans grumble a lot. 

And, with a state with no pro sports, its basically all there is.  Both sports ended on a sour note last year, thus the fans feel the need to remain negative -- instead of looking at the positives.

When Arkansas beats Vandy, things will be better -- maybe.

Central_Tiger04

Quote from: opineonswine on September 04, 2005, 06:04:49 pm
year after year after year of disappointment maybe?

How can you say that and last year was his first season w/o a bowl game.

I am a true hog fan. 

I do feel that Nutt does get the most out of his talent. 

OMG I feel like we are ND!!!! 

God if Coach Nutt was Mack Brown then I would gripe my ass off but my god its not like we were getting the 4 and 5 star players in Nutt's time as Head Hog.

Torqued pork

Everyone knows we don't have the talent to be a Top Twenty program. Some of us just think HDN may be at least a small part of the reason why we don't. Obviousy you don't agree or you just don't care as much as some of us.

Bomis Hawg

Don't think Nebraska is full of these 2 star guys.  Look at what Maine did?  Come on, the "stars" on recruits is as overrated as some teams that struggled yesterday.

Jaison Black

Quote from: HogInMemphis on September 04, 2005, 07:36:40 pm
dip---t.

^^^^ Still hasn't quite gotten over his mother pulling the "teet" away from him.

Bogarto, what you have to realize is this; most people that post on message boards are good people with normal views on things.  As with any walk of life, be it politics, religion, etc... you have extremists that see the world slightly (sometimes, very) skewed.  Rational thoughts don't enter their mind.  They see things like they wanna see them and nothing else comes into play.  The nice thing about the USA is we have given them the freedom to do that and along with the internet they have the perfect venue to congregate and say all the extreme things they want to.

For some reason, not everyone can just be happy when they ( the Hogs) win and still love them when they lose, there always has to be fault in why things weren't perfect.

We could go 13-0 and win the natl. title with 22 true freshmen starting and someone would still look back and say," we let another team score", or "we almost lost".

I get as disappointed as the rest when we lose. I HATE it.

Some folks just aren't able to deal with it.

That was my psychoanalysis for the day. No more from me.

I will sit back and wait on the flames.
I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

arkhogdog61

alot of teams in the top twenty struggled yesterday kind of like hoginmemphis and otb do to come up with good posts! GO HOGS
IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

arkhogdog61

IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Bogarto on September 04, 2005, 08:29:29 pm
Razr- I understand there are plenty of normal people that post here. I was at the game however and many people were reacting as if it was a loss. I am not questioning anyones right to free speech....I just think that there is a lot to be appreciative for as a Hogs fan and wanted to highlight that. Go Hogs!

Hey look everyone....it's Tony Robbins!!

Bacons Rebellion

Boredom.

Everybody was bored with Lou's jokes after 7 years, and they were bored with Kenny's flexbone after 6 years. They're bored with HDN now, I formation, play-action passing. Yawn. We go to 6 bowls in a row and someone claims "not the cure". If we had won one extra game a year it would be "he can't win the big one". Boredom. 7 year itch. Heck, plenty of folks were ready to send Broyles packing to GT after his pooch kick. That was 8 years.

Kodiak

It's just a small and very vocal minority!  Eternal PMS  ;D
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

ElRopo

Gotta say I am totally discusted with play on both sides of the ball. Things better get better in next two weeks or we will get beat by 40 points by USC.

Hog Bounty Hunter

I can only speak for myself, number one reason we have Nutt for a coach.  Number two reason is one you stated, he has our program so down that 6 or 7 wins is considered a "good" season by many.  That makes me want to hurl.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on September 04, 2005, 09:16:32 pm
Boredom.

Everybody was bored with Lou's jokes after 7 years, and they were bored with Kenny's flexbone after 6 years. They're bored with HDN now, I formation, play-action passing. Yawn. We go to 6 bowls in a row and someone claims "not the cure". If we had won one extra game a year it would be "he can't win the big one". Boredom. 7 year itch. Heck, plenty of folks were ready to send Broyles packing to GT after his pooch kick. That was 8 years.

Outstanding post. Nailed it.

A lot of fans are simply tired of what's there. Been there, done that, to borrow a phrase. That's why they coined the term "seven-year itch;" that's right about the time a lot of married folks look around and say to themselves, "S***, is this all there is? Is this it?"  People stay in a job a few years and then start to get restless. Everything, and everyone, gets old after awhile.  It's human nature. 

HDN has been at UA eight years now, and that's a pretty long time in this day and age to coach at one school.  The natives are getting restless. The only way that trend reverses is if something happens to kick start the program. Maybe it's a new coach, maybe not. Maybe it's an SEC West title, or even an outright SEC title. It had better be SOMETHING new though; something dramatic.

Jaison Black

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on September 04, 2005, 10:39:22 pm

I can only speak for myself, number one reason we have Nutt for a coach. Number two reason is one you stated, he has our program so down that 6 or 7 wins is considered a "good" season by many. That makes me want to hurl.

I know this has been said, but maybe we should go back to the high's we experienced under Danny Ford. I never thought we could go lower than that but i guess Houston has taken us there.
I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

Jaison Black

Quote from: Bogarto on September 04, 2005, 08:29:29 pm
Razr- I understand there are plenty of normal people that post here. I was at the game however and many people were reacting as if it was a loss. I am not questioning anyones right to free speech....I just think that there is a lot to be appreciative for as a Hogs fan and wanted to highlight that. Go Hogs!

I was agreeing with you bro. I love my Hogs win or lose and will always do so. I will keep the complaining to a minimum and stand behind the staff and players until i get a Valid reason not to.

People feel that complacency has set in with HDN around for 8 years now. I feel the opposite. I feel that the NCAA crap ( it was crap, 3 years for 4800?) hurt us more than known. I think we see the investigation behind us now with a 3rd strong overall class being recruited and a battle-hardening year this year for our younger players. I think we will have a decent year this year and will breakout the next.

I think we played a vanilla game the other night on purpose and had some first-game "jitters". I will be surprised if we don't show Vandy a little bit more blitzing and more passing. I also know that HDN and Co. will run it at you until you prove you can stop it. Why not?

I could go on and on with this, but man i am just happy football season is upon us and can't wait to see how it goes.

GO HOGS!

HogInMemphis

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 04, 2005, 10:30:05 pm
Quote from: HogInMemphis on September 04, 2005, 07:36:40 pm
dip---t.

That's funny - on another thread you told me "You post too much and say very little."

Bacon out...

Yeah. Know what you mean. I see the difference which is why it's funny. You post too much and say very little. I post one word and say more than you do in a two paragraph post.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Bogarto on September 05, 2005, 12:22:53 am
Razr- I definetely agree next year should be a breakout year. I think this year will be solid as well, and I gaurantee they won't play as sloppy against Vandy. As soon as SMS scored 14 to start the half the Hogs got serious again and were very efficient.

Yeah, that's right..."next year". I agree totally. Can't wait for that, especially since we have only 10 more games left this year.

AFWarrior83

I also get sick and tired of people bringing up the past! It's just some people that aren't happy, and always dwell on things, get over it losers! We are going to have more than 6 wins this year!

Arkansas plays better than most with lesser talent, and Nutt is a great coach, it's just hard to recruit outside the state, based on what the other states say Arkansas is, ya know incest and boarville! I think Nutt is going to get things going with Mustain's commitment, this year might end up being his best recruiting year, and then we will see how he does with all the talent! I AM NOT saying wait till next year, I think we do great this year, and play for a major bowl game the next few years, we will see...
Hogville member since 2005.

clew

gotta love the ode.  :D  I'm taking no sides here, but that was funny.

Chris
Pure as the dawn

Bacons Rebellion

rlreev

Some people look at things withg a glass that is half. empty.  I would prefer to view those same issues with my glass half full.  I quess there's a loy of thirsty people out there.

HogInMemphis

Good lord. I'm embarrassed for Bacon on two counts: One, that he took that much time to write that and two, that it was so bad. And even a third, that he thinks I think he's a redneck whatever. That's revealing.

Bacons Rebellion

Bacons! CONGRATULATIONS.

The ultimate compliment to make a good post and have your target say you have too much time on your hands.

I almost wrote in my post above that you'll know you suceeded in someone doing that, but I figured it would be more fun for the moron to fall for it.
It would take HiM years to come up with a rhyming couplet, and he can't understand that someone else could do it quickly.

Imagine, HiM now thinks he's a poetry critique!

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on September 05, 2005, 12:48:40 pm
Bacons! CONGRATULATIONS.

The ultimate compliment to make a good post and have your target say you have too much time on your hands.

I almost wrote in my post above that you'll know you suceeded in someone doing that, but I figured it would be more fun for the moron to fall for it.
It would take HiM years to come up with a rhyming couplet, and he can't understand that someone else could do it quickly.

Nice 15th post. You must really harbor a lot of child-like hatred and/or envy to waste one of your only 15 posts to say what you said. I feel sorry for you.

jabohog

Your a young man. I'm glad you are excited about this year. We do have allot of season left. The fact that you expect to be blown out by USC shows the negativity in your"trying to be positive" post. Hedging your bet by saying you'll eat your words if we lose to Vandy, IF WE LOSE. We shouldn't be worried about losing to Vandy, and USC should be worried about playing us. There was a time when this was the case.
Why does Danny Ford always come up? Why do we have to go back, why can't we do better? I say we can and hopefully will. I don't know if it will be with Nutt. Nutt does have good points and I want him to succeed, but it ain't going to happen making the same mistakes over and over again. JMO

HogInMemphis

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 05, 2005, 10:14:47 pm
Bacons! CONGRATULATIONS.

Thanks for the compliment.  I must confess, the ODE did take about 30 minutes out of my life, but as an Arkansas redneck I stand proud, raise my arms to the heavens and proclaim wooo pig sooie in honor of my beloved hogs and their true fans...

Bacon out...

Some folks have no shame.

toshortrock

u have to relize,,alot of these people have no life
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on September 04, 2005, 06:07:05 pm
Has everything to do with last year. Nothing about this year. You end high, your fans aren't going to grumble much. You end low, fans grumble a lot.

The team underperformed three years in a row, in the view of many of those folks who pay big dollars to get good season tickets.  They're not exactly thrilled at the suggestion that 7-4 would be a great season.  They are wondering how the hell do we get out of this rut.  In that light, Saturday night was not comforting.
[CENSORED]!

HogInMemphis

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 05, 2005, 10:29:34 pm
Quote from: HogInMemphis on September 05, 2005, 10:26:27 pm
Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 05, 2005, 10:14:47 pm
Bacons! CONGRATULATIONS.

Thanks for the compliment.  I must confess, the ODE did take about 30 minutes out of my life, but as an Arkansas redneck I stand proud, raise my arms to the heavens and proclaim wooo pig sooie in honor of my beloved hogs and their true fans...

Bacon out...

Some folks have no shame.

Yes, like those who lose a fight and keep coming back for more.

Bacon out...
Not what I was thinking. More like, posting to the point of embarrassment yet not realizing it. And grown men who put, "(insert name) out", at end of every post.