Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 14, 2024, 02:56:07 pm

LSU

Started by HogFanInBigD, September 22, 2008, 02:07:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogginitall

Quote from: Rebel64 on September 23, 2008, 12:30:11 pm
As a hog fan let the past be the past.  All LSU fans know we beat them last year,  keep in mind we are very weak and they are not and we play them at their home away from home this year.  Hell until last year it was like the last time we them was the miracle on markham game.  I would not mind crowing as much about our win last year had we not got our a$$ reamed and cleaned at the cotton bowl. 

As a Hog fan, you can do whatever you want.  As a Hog fan, I'm going to let the LSU fan know that his team is not invincible.  They might have a good record against top 10 teams, but they also lost to unranked Arkansas and unranked Kentucky (at the end of the season) last year.  For having all that talent, they sure do like to lose to crappy teams.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Hogginitall on September 23, 2008, 11:31:00 am
How many non-ranked teams has LSU beaten in a row?  And who was the last non-ranked team to beat LSU?  Just curious.....

Here are your answers:

1. Two
2. Arkansas (Arkansas is the only Unranked team to beat LSU under Les Miles. Miles is currently 21-1 against unranked opponents).

I congratulated you guys the night after you beat us and have congratulated you numerous times since. You had a really good team last year with some serious talent. You put it all together and beat us on our home turf. Again, Congrats!

Quote from: Hogginitall on September 23, 2008, 12:35:41 pm
As a Hog fan, you can do whatever you want.  As a Hog fan, I'm going to let the LSU fan know that his team is not invincible.  They might have a good record against top 10 teams, but they also lost to unranked Arkansas and unranked Kentucky (at the end of the season) last year.  For having all that talent, they sure do like to lose to crappy teams.

Look...........we all know that LSU is not invincible. We know that our team has to come to play each and every Saturday in order to win. Our conference is not considered the best in the land for nothing. There is serious talent in this league and every team has playmakers.

btw, it seems to me that a lot of Arkansas fans sure did like to call their team crappy. I didn't hear any LSU fans down here call Arkansas a crappy team all last year even before you beat us. That is one of your biggest problems up there (The attitude that a lot of your fans have for your own team). Any team with a freak like Darren McFadden and an absolutely great RB in Felix Jones is good. Put in your OL last year and your team was very good. I'm sorry that you feel so poorly about your own team.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Tammany Tom on September 23, 2008, 01:45:09 pm
Here are your answers:

1. Two
2. Arkansas (Arkansas is the only Unranked team to beat LSU under Les Miles. Miles is currently 21-1 against unranked opponents).

I congratulated you guys the night after you beat us and have congratulated you numerous times since. You had a really good team last year with some serious talent. You put it all together and beat us on our home turf. Again, Congrats!

Look...........we all know that LSU is not invincible. We know that our team has to come to play each and every Saturday in order to win. Our conference is not considered the best in the land for nothing. There is serious talent in this league and every team has playmakers.

btw, it seems to me that a lot of Arkansas fans sure did like to call their team crappy. I didn't hear any LSU fans down here call Arkansas a crappy team all last year even before you beat us. That is one of your biggest problems up there (The attitude that a lot of your fans have for your own team). Any team with a freak like Darren McFadden and an absolutely great RB in Felix Jones is good. Put in your OL last year and your team was very good. I'm sorry that you feel so poorly about your own team.

I was being facetious.  You LSU fans seem to act like your poo don't stink a lot of the time and most other teams ARE poo.  At least, until one of those poo teams beats you guys.  Then, you start telling everyone how good that team that just beat you was.  I'm just kind of messing with you/LSU fans.

WyomingTiger8888

Hey pretender,i dont concentrate on your losing FB program.You go back up the hill and drink your moonshine or red kool-aid.
Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on September 22, 2008, 05:19:51 pm
Hey corndog  why are you here concentrating on our team?  STFU and crawl back into the bayou.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: lsu8888 on September 23, 2008, 06:35:21 pm
Hey pretender,i dont concentrate on your losing FB program.You go back up the hill and drink your moonshine or red kool-aid.

Kool Aid is the featured drink in Oxford, MS now.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

RickyRoma

Quote from: lsu8888 on September 23, 2008, 06:35:21 pm

So says the lswho fan on the Razorback board.  Pretender?  Not sure what you're tryin for there son, but ya missed.

MojaveJoe

September 23, 2008, 07:09:06 pm #56 Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 07:25:24 pm by MojaveJoe
Quote from: Tammany Tom on September 23, 2008, 11:12:12 am
Some of you guys absolutely amaze me. You do everything in your power to build Petrino into some God and then tear apart everything Miles has accomplished.

Yes, the definition of a successful program would be back-to-back conference championships. That is exactly what Louisville accomplished in the 3 years prior to Petrino's arrival.

You're right. The coach before Petrino at Louisville was Smith and he had built quite a powerhouse at Louisville - well, right before he lost the titantic struggle against Marshall in the bowl game and went running off to coach Michigan State. I mean, hell they were a program at least the equal of LSU. Anyone who says otherwise is crazy!

They also lost their bowl game (I could dissect their record even more if you want) to Colorado State - an opponent post-Saban LSU would have trounced.

Don't be an idiot!

Smith was 41-21 at Louisville, hardly a disaster but hardly a prominent national program - especially in conf USA.

You're acting like Louisville is anything other than a basketball school - come on, don't be such an LSU homer. Just because a couple of fans think Miles isn't as good as Saban you get all defensive and start trying to compare Louisville to a post-Saban LSU.

Get a grip.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: MojaveJoe on September 23, 2008, 07:09:06 pm
You're right. The coach before Petrino at Louisville was Smith and he had built quite a powerhouse at Louisville - well, right before he lost the titantic struggle against Marshall in the bowl game and went running off to coach Michigan State. I mean, hell they were a program at least the equal of LSU. Anyone who says otherwise is crazy!

They also lost their bowl game (I could dissect their record even more if you want) to Colorado State - an opponent post-Saban LSU would have trounced.

Don't be an idiot!

Smith was 41-21 at Louisville, hardly a disaster but hardly a prominent national program - especially in conf USA.

You're acting like Louisville is anything other than a basketball school - come on, don't be such an LSU homer. Just because a couple of fans think Miles isn't as good as Saban you get all defensive and start trying to compare Louisville to a post-Saban LSU.

Get a grip.

I need to get a grip? You need a little dose of reality.

Who freaking said Smith built a powerhouse?

I said, Louisiville was a successful program prior to Petrino's arrival. A lot of you Hog fans want to believe that Petrino was the architect of that program and built it from scratch. Louisville was 5-6 & 1-10 prior to John L. Smith's arrival at Louisville. He put up back-to-back 7-5 seasons. That's called building a program from scratch.

He then went 9-3 and 11-2 winning his conference championship in back-to-back years. That's called building a successful program. He then had a mediocre year going 7-6.

That would be 5 winning records in 5 years and back-to-back conference championships. That is the definition of a successful program. A program that was built on back-to-back losing years.

Who the hell is comparing Lousville to LSU? I certainly am not.

We are talking CUSA, a league that Petrino coached in for 1/2 of this tenure at Louisville until they joined a weak Big East Conference.

Once again for all the mentally challenged posters like yourself: Petrino took a program that was built into a successful program by John L. Smith (I never said Powerhouse program in this thread) and built on that success and made it into a better program. btw, speaking of titanic struggles in bowl games against Marshall, Petrino in his first season led the Cardinals to a titanic struggle in the GMAC Bowl losing to that powerhouse program Miami of Ohio by the score of 49-28.

I have no idea why some of you can't get this through your thick heads: Louisville was a successful program prior to Petrino's arrival (Back-to-back conference championships and 5 winning seasons in a row verify this fact). Petrino took that successful program and made it better. That's what real good coaches do. They take what they have and make it better. That's what I'm calling Petrino (A real good coach).

Now, I know that it makes a lot of Arkansas fans feel much better thinking that Miles is an idiot and is going to run the LSU program into the ground and that they have the second coming of God with their current coach. This makes you sleep better at night. That's quite ok.

The simple truth is that both Miles and Petrino are both very good coaches. Miles has more talent to work with than Petrino and will in the future based on past and current recruiting classes. You can try as hard as you want to build Petrino into a God and tear down Miles to a lucky idiot, but the hard-core truth is they are both very good coaches, but one has more face cards in his deck than the other. That's it.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Tammany Tom on September 23, 2008, 08:10:45 pm

I said, Louisiville was a successful program prior to Petrino's arrival. A lot of you Hog fans want to believe that Petrino was the architect of that program and built it from scratch. Louisville was 5-6 & 1-10 prior to John L. Smith's arrival at Louisville. He put up back-to-back 7-5 seasons. That's called building a program from scratch.

He then went 9-3 and 11-2 winning his conference championship in back-to-back years. That's called building a successful program. He then had a mediocre year going 7-6.

That would be 5 winning records in 5 years and back-to-back conference championships. That is the definition of a successful program. A program that was built on back-to-back losing years.

We are talking CUSA, a league that Petrino coached in for 1/2 of this tenure at Louisville until they joined a weak Big East Conference.

Once again for all the mentally challenged posters like yourself: Petrino took a program that was built into a successful program by John L. Smith (I never said Powerhouse program in this thread) and built on that success and made it into a better program. btw, speaking of titanic struggles in bowl games against Marshall, Petrino in his first season led the Cardinals to a titanic struggle in the GMAC Bowl losing to that powerhouse program Miami of Ohio by the score of 49-28.

I have no idea why some of you can't get this through your thick heads: Louisville was a successful program prior to Petrino's arrival (Back-to-back conference championships and 5 winning seasons in a row verify this fact). Petrino took that successful program and made it better. That's what real good coaches do. They take what they have and make it better. That's what I'm calling Petrino (A real good coach).

Now, I know that it makes a lot of Arkansas fans feel much better thinking that Miles is an idiot and is going to run the LSU program into the ground and that they have the second coming of God with their current coach. This makes you sleep better at night. That's quite ok.

The simple truth is that both Miles and Petrino are both very good coaches. Miles has more talent to work with than Petrino and will in the future based on past and current recruiting classes. You can try as hard as you want to build Petrino into a God and tear down Miles to a lucky idiot, but the hard-core truth is they are both very good coaches, but one has more face cards in his deck than the other. That's it.

Did you ever notice Miles' cap-size?  He's a total pinhead.  If Miles' head was a facecard, the crown would be a necklace.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hawgsav1

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on September 22, 2008, 05:19:51 pm
Hey corndog  why are you here concentrating on our team?  STFU and crawl back into the bayou.

keep up the good work :D
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

MojaveJoe

September 23, 2008, 09:11:32 pm #60 Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:14:52 pm by MojaveJoe
Geez, you're sensitive.

Um, you did. You basically compared Louisville to post-Saban LSU in an attempt to prove we are a bunch of no-nothings. Who exactly is logically challenged here?

I said, Louisiville was a successful program prior to Petrino's arrival. A lot of you Hog fans want to believe that Petrino was the architect of that program and built it from scratch.

So your "logic" is that Louisiville was a successful program prior to Petrino's arrival? If that was so, why did the head coach run like hell when he got a shot at Michigan State (hardly what I would call anything other than a mediocre program at best)? Saban ran to the NFL at least - maybe he got annoyed at hyper-sensitive LSU homers?

Built from scratch? Who said that? You are just attempting to turn the argument around to us and now you're mad because I pointed out that you were, in fact, comparing Louisiville to post-Saban LSU.

Oh, you're right. Louisiville is equal to post-Saban LSU. Back to back conference championships (in CUSA) proves it. Two years makes the program...sorry my bad. Come back to Louisiville Smith, come back from Michigan State - oh wait, nm.

I'd say something but I'm tired of quoting you.

You said I'm mentally challenged? I guess that means that you'll have to rescind your opinion of Les Miles since I happen to agree with you, that he's a pretty good coach.

As a matter of fact, if you can remove the homer-vision for a bit, and perhaps tone down the personal insults, a good number of the posters in this thread agree with you.

Cave City Joe

Not this year.  USC vs. OK
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

OklaU

Quote from: Cave City Joe on September 23, 2008, 09:13:59 pm
Not this year.  USC vs. OK

USC will be the odd team out this year.  Their SOS is looking worse and worse.  If OU wins out then it may be them and an undefeated SEC team.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

AFWarrior83

I cannot stand Les Miles, especially after pulling the AR-KANSAS comment...But his record at LSU is proof that he can coach, either that or he is smart enough to surround himself with top notch assistants.  LSU is "the" premier program in the West right now, like Florida is in the East, hopefully Arkansas can get to that level in a couple of years.
Hogville member since 2005.

tennhogfan

Call me crazy. I think Bama wins the west. And they will continue to do so until CBP gets his recruits.

BA Hogwild

Sorry, I had to dig this up. Seems like it is holding some water. LMAO!!!
The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

3kgthog

It looks like LSU is finally starting to feel the Les Miles effect. Eventually the beast that Saban re-built we crumble under King Moron.

RickyRoma

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 26, 2008, 12:18:31 am
It looks like LSU is finally starting to feel the Les Miles effect. Eventually the beast that Saban re-built we crumble under King Moron.

Didn't you hear...lswho is an elite program.

Tigerloather

It'll be interesting this weekend.  Lost Saban U. Vs. Bama.
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity - Frank Leahy

mike32

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on November 03, 2008, 09:52:54 pm
Didn't you hear...lswho is an elite program.

2 BCS championships in 5 years--I'd say that's elite

kitarae

who are all these Tiger fans and why are they here?

We don't play them for another 3 weeks.

And LSU isn't going to the SEC Championship, Bama is.

Fatmanhog

why did this get this far. alabama will be there lsu doesnt even have a chance
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

hawgheaven

Bama is real and will go undefeated.  LSU wont see another BCS title game for a few years i dont think.  Bama is gonna be on top for a bit

Quote from: hawgheaven on November 04, 2008, 01:00:12 am
Bama is real and will go undefeated.  LSU wont see another BCS title game for a few years i dont think.  Bama is gonna be on top for a bit

Sad but true. Unfortunately I have a few friends that are big bama fans, and I miss the good ol' days when they were always quiet whenever football talk would come up. I wish they would just give Saban that ugly Bear hat, build his altar, name him the new prophet of the great Bryant, and move on allready. But unfortunately I believe we will be hearing of it for many years to come. Bama will destroy LSU this weekend.

Rebel64

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 26, 2008, 12:18:31 am

I would be willing to bet you that LSU fans will not tolerate much before his A$$ will be gone.  He will not have the same luxury we gave ole HDN for a few bad season's.  They will riot in BR before that happens.

BA Hogwild

Funny no LSU fans responding now
The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

The Hogfather

Quote from: mike32 on November 04, 2008, 12:16:53 am

Not with Les Miles there.  It's downhill from here on out.

Feralhog

Quote from: mike32 on November 04, 2008, 12:16:53 am

That's what the Canes thought too.  Just because a guy was able to do some good things when he inherited a talented team doesn't mean he's some kind of genius.  I think a HS coach could have gone 10-2 during the regular season with the talent LSU had last year.  Hell, they're loaded again, but they're hurting at QB.  If Miles was just marginally better than average, he'd have figured out a way to stay in the mix with all that talent LSU has every place else.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

geauxjudge

Seems like a lot of people getting a workout jumping to conclusions. Just let the record(s) speak for themselves. Really the way the SEC W breaksdown traditionally: LSU and Bama top dogs, Auburn and Arky next level and can win the West if LSU or Bama "back up", Ole Miss and MSU are bottom. SEC E: Florida and Georgia top, Tenn and USCe next level and UK and Vandy bottom. Now every 4 or 5 years there may be a temporary shakeup but just usually amongst the top 4 on each side.

RZRBack_FAN

The lsu fans can say what they want, but Alabama will beat them Saturday and probably beat them badly. Lsu is not a good football team. QB sucks(both of em) and there defense is not very good either. They almost Lost to Auburn and we know how good they are this year.

Saban will send alot of corndogs home very upset Saturday.

Lsu is a very very good Footbal program and i have alot of respect for what they have accomplished but you guys have got to be kidding yourselves when it comes to Miles. You guys could do so much better than him. You could take a High School coach and win a national championship with the talent he had last year. In another couple years they wll be ready to run Miles out of town.

arkbengal

Quote from: hawgheaven on November 04, 2008, 01:00:12 am

They certainly have the inside track to Atlanta this year, but I don't think they will beat Florida. Next year, they will have the inexperienced QB, so that will change things quite a bit. Actually could be LSU-Ark for the West next year.

RickyRoma

Quote from: geauxjudge on November 04, 2008, 01:55:33 pm
Seems like a lot of people getting a workout jumping to conclusions. Just let the record(s) speak for themselves. Really the way the SEC W breaksdown traditionally: LSU and Bama top dogs, Auburn and Arky next level and can win the West if LSU or Bama "back up", Ole Miss and MSU are bottom. SEC E: Florida and Georgia top, Tenn and USCe next level and UK and Vandy bottom. Now every 4 or 5 years there may be a temporary shakeup but just usually amongst the top 4 on each side.
Traditionally?  You have a distorted view of things.  lswho has enjoyed great success in recent years, but before that, not so much.

I take nothing away from you boys, great job but I don't see or think of you as elite.  My definition of elite would be a team that has shown a sustained ability to challenge for the championship every year...

RazorBassin

Quote from: arkbengal on November 04, 2008, 02:41:01 pm
They certainly have the inside track to Atlanta this year, but I don't think they will beat Florida. Next year, they will have the inexperienced QB, so that will change things quite a bit. Actually could be LSU-Ark for the West next year.

I like that line of thinking!

kclvr

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on November 04, 2008, 05:12:12 pm
Traditionally?  You have a distorted view of things.  lswho has enjoyed great success in recent years, but before that, not so much.

I take nothing away from you boys, great job but I don't see or think of you as elite.  My definition of elite would be a team that has shown a sustained ability to challenge for the championship every year...

Who challenge's for a championship every year?  Fl won it year before last then lost what "5" last year and then should win it this year.  I think they are elite but by records last year it would put them out of this catagory.  I will tell you this if we could win 2 out of 5 BCS NC I would think we would consider ourselves elite, wouldn't you? 

Teebow62

LSU could only be in the title game if Bama lost to both LSU and Auburn. Bama will probably win both, but it dang sure ain't gonna lose both. Coaching way too strong, especially against LSU and Auburn has no QB and has completely unravelled.

Teebow62

This arkbengal guy is football illiterate, of course, he is an LSU fan, so he doesn't really have a sustained history from which to refer.

RickyRoma

Quote from: kclvr on November 04, 2008, 06:17:35 pm
Who challenge's for a championship every year?  Fl won it year before last then lost what "5" last year and then should win it this year.  I think they are elite but by records last year it would put them out of this catagory.  I will tell you this if we could win 2 out of 5 BCS NC I would think we would consider ourselves elite, wouldn't you? 

No I would not.  Like I said, they have performed great LATELY but my definition of elite is obviously different than yours.  Even though Florida dropped off a little last year, in my eyes they were still a force that everyone talked about as having the capability to win.  lswho may rise to that level soon if they can show that sustained ability, but with the blowout losses they can't be called elite in my opinion.

geauxjudge

You want to compare SEC conference championships since 1992? Want to compare MNC?

McKdaddy

Quote from: ChargerHog on November 04, 2008, 02:30:43 pm

Lsu is a very, very good Footbal program and I have alot of respect for what they have accomplished, but you guys have got to be kidding yourselves when it comes to Miles. You guys could do so much better than him. You could take a high school coach and win a national championship with the talent he had last year. In another couple years they wll be ready to run Miles out of town.

Don't know that Miles will be run out of town in a couple of years, but I agree w/ the rest.

From what I've gathered/read/listened to, oSu didn't even make a counter-offer to keep Miles when he told his AD he was taking the LSU job.  Miles had performed well at oSu, including beating OU 2 times in 4 years and posting the school's 4th best win % ever by a head coach during his tenure (2nd best win % of an oSu coach that stayed beyond 2 years).

However, he and his mouth had worn out his welcome.  I don't doubt Boone was calling the shots in telling Holder not to counter LSU's offer (rumor is BP wanted Miles gone prior to the '04 season).  Most telling -- I don't remember many of my oSu clients wishing Miles had stayed when the LSU hiring went down.  Nor do I remember many wishing they hadn't lost Miles during Gundy's 4-7 and 7-6 initial 2 seasons.

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

RickyRoma

Quote from: geauxjudge on November 05, 2008, 03:36:22 pm
You want to compare SEC conference championships since 1992? Want to compare MNC?

I have a great idea...if you're looking for someone to join you in agreeing how great the all mighty lswho tigers are, no matter how badly they get smoked, check out one of the lswho message boards.

kclvr

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on November 04, 2008, 07:40:04 pm
No I would not.  Like I said, they have performed great LATELY but my definition of elite is obviously different than yours.  Even though Florida dropped off a little last year, in my eyes they were still a force that everyone talked about as having the capability to win.  lswho may rise to that level soon if they can show that sustained ability, but with the blowout losses they can't be called elite in my opinion.

Who do you consider elite?  This way I can keep track of how we do and then have an idea about what most fans think about a time frame.

RickyRoma

Are you going to keep asking me until I say lsu?  Why do you worry about what other fans think of your team?  If you think they are elite then by all means enjoy it.

JethroB.

LSU seems like a pretty decent team right now.  They're not great they're good.  Having said that, I believe bama is going to take them to the woodshed this weekend.  I believe it will be bama and florida in the seccg.

kclvr

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on November 05, 2008, 07:06:41 pm
Are you going to keep asking me until I say lsu?  Why do you worry about what other fans think of your team?  If you think they are elite then by all means enjoy it.

Not hardly bud,  just asking you a question.  You say LSU is not an elite team and I agree that for the last 50 years they are not but for the last 8 they are in my book.  I would also consider us elite if after BP has 2 years under his belt we could win 2 of the next 5 NC so they would put us 7 years out.  I also try to give people credit for good work even if I don't like them. 

RickyRoma

Quote from: kclvr on November 05, 2008, 07:14:45 pm
Not hardly bud,  just asking you a question.  You say LSU is not an elite team and I agree that for the last 50 years they are not but for the last 8 they are in my book.  I would also consider us elite if after BP has 2 years under his belt we could win 2 of the next 5 NC so they would put us 7 years out.  I also try to give people credit for good work even if I don't like them. 

I certainly understand your point of view bud.  I can only say that we apparently have a different definition of elite.  I wouldn't call Arkansas elite if they win 2 of 5 NC's either.  BTW, I did give lsu credit even though I don't like them.

JethroB.

LSU has been pretty good this year.  They're good, but, I don't think great.  IMO, bama goes in there this weekend and takes them to the woodshed.  Bama is a pretty strong team and i predict them playing florida in the seccg.

Fatmanhog

Quote from: geauxjudge on November 05, 2008, 03:36:22 pm
you want to compare championships with USC, or someone else because it sounds like your lsu gods of football are trying to compare lspoo with arkansas? WTH dude they are not that good this year. alabama will crush them and we can  beat them this year.THEY DONT HAVE A CHANCE THIS YEAR AT A CHAMPIONSHIP ANYTHING
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

JethroB.

good point, I believe bama will give them a beat down, which i'm glad to see lswho get.  I just hate the fact that saban is the one who is going to deliver it to them.

_Collin1

Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

El Puerco

Quote from: Tammany Tom on September 23, 2008, 08:10:45 pm

I think if you compare the recruiting rankings between pre-Petrino Louisville and Pre-Miles LSU, there's going to be a stiff, stiff disparity between what the two had to work with.  You point out this disparity but need to realize that it also applies to the original comparison.  Whether you said "Powerhouse" or not, the analogy between Louisville and LSU doesn't hold any water.  There's a big difference between what Louisville was before Petrino and a BCS bowl bid.  There's limited-to-no difference between pre-Miles LSU and post-miles LSU.

The question is: How many coaches could do what Petrino did at Louisville with what they inherited?  This is a low number.  Now....how many coaches could maintain the status quo at LSU, as Miles has?  This is probably a higher number.

I have a degree from LSU and it was a very short time ago that you were absolutely terrible.  Saban built your program, love him or hate him.  Miles is treading water and if you string together some less than top 10 seasons, you'll run Miles out of town on a rail and go right back to where you were.

All things being equal: Petrino>Miles and everyone knows it.  There's a reason that everyone...media....our fans....your fans....national fans....see Miles as a lovable doof:  He is.