Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 12, 2024, 03:04:39 pm

LSU

Started by HogFanInBigD, September 22, 2008, 02:07:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

want2be

Quote from: El Puerco on November 06, 2008, 07:10:45 am
I think if you compare the recruiting rankings between pre-Petrino Louisville and Pre-Miles LSU, there's going to be a stiff, stiff disparity between what the two had to work with.  You point out this disparity but need to realize that it also applies to the original comparison.  Whether you said "Powerhouse" or not, the analogy between Louisville and LSU doesn't hold any water.  There's a big difference between what Louisville was before Petrino and a BCS bowl bid.  There's limited-to-no difference between pre-Miles LSU and post-miles LSU.

The question is: How many coaches could do what Petrino did at Louisville with what they inherited?  This is a low number.  Now....how many coaches could maintain the status quo at LSU, as Miles has?  This is probably a higher number.

I have a degree from LSU and it was a very short time ago that you were absolutely terrible.  Saban built your program, love him or hate him.  Miles is treading water and if you string together some less than top 10 seasons, you'll run Miles out of town on a rail and go right back to where you were.

All things being equal: Petrino>Miles and everyone knows it.  There's a reason that everyone...media....our fans....your fans....national fans....see Miles as a lovable doof:  He is.

Spoken well from an LSU grad ! Saban will prove you right this year and after Petrino has his players he will do the same at AR-Kansas !

Thanks for not taking the Michigan job, Miles.

hei5manhog

November 06, 2008, 08:19:58 am #101 Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 08:22:42 am by hei5manhog
I hope Bamer wins this weekend because I want to see them and FL in the SEC CG. I don't like Bamer or LSU anymore than the other, dislike them both actually, but speaking as a pure fan of college football AL-FL for a trip to the BCS CG is what i want to see.  The environment in Baton Rouge will be insane. I don't think it will be a woodshed beating by Bamer, LSU has the defense to hang in there.  However, that's what gives me confidence that bamer will win is they have a very stout D that will hold together even if the AL's young inexperienced (wildly talented) playmakers on offense get rattled early on by the crowd, magnitude of the moment, whatever.

Last week, Fl beat Georgia like Alabama should have (AL 31-UGA 0) at half.  Thats the inexperience of not going for the throat.  I doubt Saban allows that again.  Saban vs. Meyer, that's epic in its own right.  IMO, if you are a Hog fan, you probably despise both of these teams equally so you may as well root for the better game in the sec cg and ultimately the better representative for the SEC in the BCS CG.

so uh roll tide... :puke:
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

BA Hogwild

Quote from: kclvr on September 22, 2008, 10:20:06 pm
I am a hog fan but I sure would like to hear your logic behind the fact that in 2 years LSU will be a bad football program?  I follow recruiting a little and know they are in on and could sign 7 - 5* players this year alone.  That is USC west sick.  We will get better but saying we are going to take over the SEC in 2 or even 4 years is just being a homer beyond stupid.  AL is also going to keep getting top notch talent.  As a poster earlier posted we are currently # 19 in rivals so far and are 7th in the SEC.  You will not win the west year in and out with those numbers.  It is best not to argue stupid facts.  When BP was hired most homers gave us 7 - 9 wins just because of our hire.  We see how that is working out.  people say ole Les is lucky but we are also lucky we aren't 0 - 3 right now.  I like also how the homers are trying to say a play here and a play there and the score would be respectable, the same can aslo be said about our first 2 games on 4th down converstions for the win.  I believe it will turn around in a few years but until then I am not going to be one to sit on the fence post and crow about what's going to happen in a few years while several teams ahead of us already continue to reload.

Who is being a homer now?
The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

BA Hogwild

Quote from: thechamp on September 22, 2008, 10:26:11 pm
yawn...people were saying that last year. every year people are predicting the downfall of the LSU program and it never happens. like it or not, miles is bringing in top talent and has one of the best staffs in the country. i think petrino will do some good things at ark, but some of you are really reaching in thinking that LSU is about to go in the tank.

Where you at?
The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

BA Hogwild

I am bringing this back up again. Come in and back your claim now.