Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Neal Barlow decides

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 12, 2008, 08:46:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorBassin

meh....still a long time till Feb.

Brownie Tuggle

Quote from: mizzouman on August 13, 2008, 12:46:42 pm
Again, I hate Ku more than your average Mizzou fan, but KU has been to a BCS bowl, albeit not deservingly so, but a BCS game nonetheless.  When was last time Arkansas has been to a BCS game?  Now, going to 1 BCS Bowl game doesn't necessarily mean that you are a better program than a team that's never been, but since that BCS Bowl was last year and Arkansas is down, I would that TODAY and in the next few years at least, KU has the better program.

Now, if you want to talk about past history, then there's not doubt that Arkansas has the better program, but who and what recruit really cares about anything that hasn't happened in the last 2 or 3 years.?

So based on the fact that Kansas made it to a BCS game before Arkansas makes it a better program to you. Mizzouman a one legged dog can win a race sometimes! That's what has happened at Kansas. Arkansas blows Kansas away in all aspects of the Football sense. Coach Margoni or what ever his fatar$$ed name is, has done well at Kansas. So when was Kansas in a BCS Bowl before last year? or when was the last time Kansas went to a decent Bowl? It's been a while. Arkansas is the better program hands down.

Rebel64

Quote from: Beaverfever on August 13, 2008, 11:36:57 am
Louisville doesn't play SEC teams every week....Just being realistic.  Also, in another year, people will probably stop clamoring about BP bailing on the Falcons. 

I realize what conference they play in, what does that have to do with the offense.  You make it sound like he had all the wins due to the fact he coached in a bad conference.  I am just saying his offense has been on display these kids that are in high school could find out what it was all about.  I am just facing the facts that maybe kids "even in state" aren't as eat up or think our program is as great as the hogville posters do.  We had a good class last year "not great" but good and I have seen on other sites that FL, GA and LSU all think their classes were underrated.  Their freshman have been stepping it up in practice so if theirs turn out better than they thought we didn't gain any ground last year and are way behind so far this year.

Hogginitall

Again, I hate Ku more than your average Mizzou fan, but KU has been to a BCS bowl, albeit not deservingly so, but a BCS game nonetheless.  When was last time Arkansas has been to a BCS game?  Now, going to 1 BCS Bowl game doesn't necessarily mean that you are a better program than a team that's never been, but since that BCS Bowl was last year and Arkansas is down, I would that TODAY and in the next few years at least, KU has the better program.

Now, if you want to talk about past history, then there's not doubt that Arkansas has the better program, but who and what recruit really cares about anything that hasn't happened in the last 2 or 3 years.?

So, you think KU has a better football program than Missouri?

Hogginitall

They aren't even close to having the better program.  What they have is an easy schedule every year, especially in the Big XII North, and even more especially LAST YEAR.  They didn't even have to win their weak a$$ division to go to a BCS game.  Pathetic.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Brownie Tuggle on August 13, 2008, 01:00:21 pm
So based on the fact that Kansas made it to a BCS game before Arkansas makes it a better program to you. Mizzouman a one legged dog can win a race sometimes! That's what has happened at Kansas. Arkansas blows Kansas away in all aspects of the Football sense. Coach Margoni or what ever his fatar$$ed name is, has done well at Kansas. So when was Kansas in a BCS Bowl before last year? or when was the last time Kansas went to a decent Bowl? It's been a while. Arkansas is the better program hands down.

We agree on something!

Hogginitall

August 13, 2008, 01:14:16 pm #156 Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 01:16:07 pm by Hogginitall
Kansas has 2 winning seasons in their last 12.  They went 10-2 in '95, but had to settle for the Aloha Bowl, probably because their two losses were 41-7 and 41-3, respectively.

Arkansas has 7 winning seasons in their last 12, in a much tougher division, in a much tougher overall conference.  There's no comparison.

Calihog

Kansas was a controversial pick at best for a BCS bowl last year...They won when they got there but many people, especially missourians (?), didn't think they deserved to be there.  They have never been consistently good in football and mostly have been a total non-entity on the national scene.

mizzouman

Quote from: IronHog on August 13, 2008, 12:58:50 pm
I don't give a rip if KU won the NC last year.  Sun belt teams play tougher schedules than this freaking joke of a Big 12 north slate:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teams/schedule?teamId=2305&year=2007

Well, the Sun Belt plays a tougher non conference schedule because they are always playing SEC schools

mizzouman

Quote from: Brownie Tuggle on August 13, 2008, 01:00:21 pm

In the past, yes.  Last year and the next couple of years, I don't think so.  I hate it that I'm defending KU, it sucks, but facts are facts. 

We'll just have to disagree.

mizzouman

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 13, 2008, 01:07:09 pm
So, you think KU has a better football program than Missouri?

No.

idochog

Anyone think, maybe the Hogs are on some other folks and Barlow is taking the sure thing.
I love Jesus!

mizzouman

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 13, 2008, 01:14:16 pm
Kansas has 2 winning seasons in their last 12.  They went 10-2 in '95, but had to settle for the Aloha Bowl, probably because their two losses were 41-7 and 41-3, respectively.

Arkansas has 7 winning seasons in their last 12, in a much tougher division, in a much tougher overall conference.  There's no comparison.

OK, I guess you cannot read my posts correctly due to your Razorback colored glasses.  What I'm saying is that in the last year KU was a better program.  This year they will be as well as the year after that.  I am NOT talking about past history.  What I'm saying is that recruits don't care what happened 4 or 5 or 10 years ago.  They want to know what's happening NOW and in the future.  Based on an objective view (trust me I HATE KU so this is hard for me to say), TODAY, KU has the better program.

Rebel64

Quote from: idochog on August 13, 2008, 01:24:28 pm
Anyone think, maybe the Hogs are on some other folks and Barlow is taking the sure thing.

I thought the same thing.  People on here laugh when some of the LSU posters talk about commitable offers but they do exist.  We have offers out to over 100 kids.  We only have 25 spots so do the math, they all can't except.  Maybe he never got the ok.

Brownie Tuggle

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 13, 2008, 01:10:58 pm
We agree on something!

Yes we do! I'm not the load you think I am Hoggintail. But aint no Kansas/Missouri upstarts gonna tell me they have better programs than Arkansas!
They play in a hybrid SWC/Big 8 weak Conference that Arkansas could run wild in! I tell ya what Kansas Folks. Put Auburn, UGA, Florida on your non-conference schedule and call me back after the train wreck!!!

mizzouman

Quote from: idochog on August 13, 2008, 01:24:28 pm

That's interesting.  Mizzou got got a commit from a 6'4 WR from PA (not the academy) on Sunday and Barlow commits on Monday.  I'm not sure that had anything to do with it.  Also, Arkansas may be near signing some big WR and Barlow wanted to go somewhere else.  Entirely possible but no one really knows but Barlow.

Brownie Tuggle

Quote from: mizzouman on August 13, 2008, 01:28:59 pm
OK, I guess you cannot read my posts correctly due to your Razorback colored glasses.  What I'm saying is that in the last year KU was a better program.  This year they will be as well as the year after that.  I am NOT talking about past history.  What I'm saying is that recruits don't care what happened 4 or 5 or 10 years ago.  They want to know what's happening NOW and in the future.  Based on an objective view (trust me I HATE KU so this is hard for me to say), TODAY, KU has the better program.

One or two years doesn't make a program!!!!

Hogginitall

Quote from: mizzouman on August 13, 2008, 01:24:01 pm
No.

But, they've been to and won a BCS game.  Missouri hasn't.  That means they have a better program, using your logic.

mizzouman

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 13, 2008, 01:43:46 pm
But, they've been to and won a BCS game.  Missouri hasn't.  That means they have a better program, using your logic.

PLEASE re-read what I wrote, then respond.  I said that 1 BCS bowl doesn't necessarily make a program better than one that's never been.  But in THIS case, KU has a better program TODAY than Arkansas.

Perhaps I shouldn't use the word Program, maybe the word Team would be better used here.  I think that today, KU has a better football team than Arkansas.

OKhogfan1959

They can have Barlow..I'll take Wright, Adam, Childs and Greagg!!!

Hogginitall

Quote from: mizzouman on August 13, 2008, 01:47:28 pm
PLEASE re-read what I wrote, then respond.  I said that 1 BCS bowl doesn't necessarily make a program better than one that's never been.  But in THIS case, KU has a better program TODAY than Arkansas.

Perhaps I shouldn't use the word Program, maybe the word Team would be better used here.  I think that today, KU has a better football team than Arkansas.

NO, THEY STILL DON'T.  Yeah, they look like it because they play 11 creampuffs and one contender.  Give us their schedule last year and we AT LEAST go 11-1.

mizzouman

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 13, 2008, 01:54:05 pm
NO, THEY STILL DON'T.  Yeah, they look like it because they play 11 creampuffs and one contender.  Give us their schedule last year and we AT LEAST go 11-1.

I have to admit that KU's schedule did suck playing only 1 ranked team and loosing to them during the regular season but beating a VA Tech team that ended up 9th.

But Arkansas schedule wasn't all that either.  They played 4 then ranked top 25 teams with 3 of them being ranked 22 or below at the time with one of them completely dropping out and the end of the season coupled with about the worst non-conf schedule I've seen.  And don't give me that, "well, we're in the SEC, our conference schedule is tough enough."  I don't buy that either.

The only teams anyone has control over in scheduling is the non-conf and Arkansas, last year, was atrocious.  Now, I cannot defend KU's non-conf, it SUCKED, but they beat who was on their schedule with the exception of one team.  Their non-conf sucks again but they did at S. Florida which will be a challenge.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that if AR and KU hooked up this year in a truly neutral site, KU would win.  If that doesn't make them a better team this, I guess I'll just shut up.

Hogginitall

Quote from: mizzouman on August 13, 2008, 02:38:49 pm
I have to admit that KU's schedule did suck playing only 1 ranked team and loosing to them during the regular season but beating a VA Tech team that ended up 9th.

But Arkansas schedule wasn't all that either.  They played 4 then ranked top 25 teams with 3 of them being ranked 22 or below at the time with one of them completely dropping out and the end of the season coupled with about the worst non-conf schedule I've seen.  And don't give me that, "well, we're in the SEC, our conference schedule is tough enough."  I don't buy that either.

The only teams anyone has control over in scheduling is the non-conf and Arkansas, last year, was atrocious.  Now, I cannot defend KU's non-conf, it SUCKED, but they beat who was on their schedule with the exception of one team.  Their non-conf sucks again but they did at S. Florida which will be a challenge.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that if AR and KU hooked up this year in a truly neutral site, KU would win.  If that doesn't make them a better team this, I guess I'll just shut up.

It is OVERALL strength of schedule that matters, not non-conference scheduling.  Now, if you have a weak conference schedule (Kansas) and add to that a weak non-conference schedule (Kansas), then people have a right to biotch.

Arkansas played #1, #12, and #15 in the regular season last year (2 of which were on the road).

thechamp

Kansas is an up and coming program that can probably offer Barlow playing time. I don't know what's so unbelievable about this. You guys may have upgraded your coaching staff, but you'll come to find it's nearly impossible to get every single kid in state you want.

Hogginitall

And you have no idea who would win between KU and Arkansas at a neutral site.  That's absurd to even say that 100% Kansas would win.  What, because they proved how good they were last year?  Which of their wins was supposed to impress me and make me think they could beat Arkansas (no matter how down Arkansas is this year)?

That's like me saying, "I think Arkansas has the best team in the nation.  They can beat anyone this year.  If that doesn't make them the best team in the nation, I guess I'll just shut up."

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Brownie Tuggle

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 13, 2008, 02:48:36 pm
And you have no idea who would win between KU and Arkansas at a neutral site.  That's absurd to even say that 100% Kansas would win.  What, because they proved how good they were last year?  Which of their wins was supposed to impress me and make me think they could beat Arkansas (no matter how down Arkansas is this year)?

That's like me saying, "I think Arkansas has the best team in the nation.  They can beat anyone this year.  If that doesn't make them the best team in the nation, I guess I'll just shut up."

I want to play Kansas right now on the Moon! I got the Hogs winning by 3! Anytime, Any Place Baby! (You F-14 Boys know what I'm talking about) Kansas is Kansas and Dorthy and Toto is invited to the party!

mizzouman

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 13, 2008, 02:48:36 pm

OK, Hog, I'm done.  You wore me out.  I can't compete.  I'm just a stupid Mizzou grad with nothing better to do with my life so I purposely antagonize Hogvillians.  Sorry, won't happen again.  Have a nice day.

Hogginitall

Quote from: mizzouman on August 13, 2008, 04:25:06 pm
OK, Hog, I'm done.  You wore me out.  I can't compete.  I'm just a stupid Mizzou grad with nothing better to do with my life so I purposely antagonize Hogvillians.  Sorry, won't happen again.  Have a nice day.

I didn't say you're stupid.  It's just ridiculous to say that one team would beat another, based on nothing more than perceptions.  It's even more ridiculous to base your opinion of which team is better this year on an assumption like that.

Have a nice day.

honestabe

does mizzou boards suck that bad, he has to come here and start crap?

OKhogfan1959

You have a good year and your all over our board..Why don't you enjoy your 15 minutes and stay on your own board?

hoggystyle78

best of luck in Kansas Neal, you're a Jayhwak now. Hopefully BP has moved on to bigger, better things. I think he took a look at the depth chart and knew he wasn't gonna get alot of PT here. The guys we already have signed are better WRs than barlow anyway, not sour grapes, just my opinion.

gohogsgo006

Quote from: mizzouman on August 12, 2008, 11:34:51 pm
I hate KU with a passion, but they are a good team.  They will win at least 9 this year.

Kansas is 6-4 right now with 2 games left (#3Texas, #12Missouri)....still think they get 9 wins, even with a bowl victory?

I love being right.
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Hogbody

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on November 09, 2008, 04:04:31 pm
Kansas is 6-4 right now with 2 games left (#3Texas, #12Missouri)....still think they get 9 wins, even with a bowl victory?

I love being right.

it's mizzouman, what do you expect

gohogsgo006

Quote from: Hogbody on November 09, 2008, 04:06:27 pm
it's mizzouman, what do you expect

I know, just wanted to let him know it, if he even checks these boards anymore. I actually said Kansas wouldnt win more than 7...i may have given them too much credit.

farhan

Why do people necro-post on this board so much, its lame and confuses people.

berg

Quote from: farhan on November 09, 2008, 04:21:23 pm

I guess I am going ot have to look up "necro-post."

PiggoBitttys

I'm guessing he's referring to reviving dead threads.

Theolesnort

Quote from: farhan on November 09, 2008, 04:21:23 pm
Just because they can and then especially to show someone up for what they said a year or months ago and how their loose lips can come back to haunt them. Other than that I have no idea. ;)
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

gohogsgo006

Quote from: Theolesnort on November 09, 2008, 04:53:36 pm
Just because they can and then especially to show someone up for what they said a year or months ago and how their loose lips can come back to haunt them. Other than that I have no idea. ;)

thats it

Hogaliciousness

I thought Barlow recommitted to Kansas or Missouri or whoever he was with before...lol. 
I am ready for some football!

Brownie Tuggle

Well the kid can go where he wants. It's his choice!!!!

(I was born to be a Razorback! Darrin McFadden... circa 2006)

kingofdequeen

I'm desperately confused.

Is he a hog?  Has he 'decommitted'?

Source? Link?  WTH?

is there a [CENSORED] presser at 4pm today?

diehardrbackfan

November 10, 2008, 01:18:58 pm #192 Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 07:37:32 pm by diehardrbackfan

kingofdequeen

pitbull1

Is he really planning on decommiting??

cardinalandwhite

"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

pitbull1

Ok, thanks.  What are they talking about then??