Previous topic - Next topic

RazorAg

bd93

Pigzwillfly

gibby

Orally?   ???

Does he mean verbally?

jpenrod1

who knows. maybe when he sees BPs O he will change his mind.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PotBelliedPig29

Hey they have a great basketball program. I am sure that is why he is going to play football there.
"I'm very excited to be the head coach at Ole Miss University'' -HDN

"We are too" -Arkansas

Hog Fan from Camden

kibster

I thought that he was going to take all of his visits before he decided? 
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Kenny Hawgins

this sucks....i was looking forward to seeing him play for petrino.  oh well.....hope that choice works out well for him cause things will be going good for us.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Cubbie08

Wait untill Kansas falls off this year. They were good last year becasue they played no one

Hoggle

Quote from: jpenrod1 on August 12, 2008, 08:56:10 pm
who knows. maybe when he sees BPs O he will change his mind.

Or even better, maybe some top WR's will see BP's Offense and we will do better than Nell.  Not too far fetched.

Maybe Eric Mitchell was overseeing his recruitment.

Brewerfan10

So much for him saying multiple times he will take visits to games before he decides

razorhog52

PotBelliedPig29

Quote from: Hoggle on August 12, 2008, 09:20:14 pm
Or even better, maybe some top WR's will see BP's Offense and we will do better than Nell.  Not too far fetched.

Maybe Eric Mitchell was overseeing his recruitment.

Dont bash the kid. He made his decision. Lay off. Some kids actually read these boards and take offense to things like "better than Neal". Have a little respect.
"I'm very excited to be the head coach at Ole Miss University'' -HDN

"We are too" -Arkansas

El Puerco

Dude.  Kansas?  The Petrinos are awfully good with wide receivers.

Kenny Hawgins

oh well who would ya'll rather have as a coach??

Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

jpenrod1

Quote from: razorhog52 on August 12, 2008, 09:23:53 pm
Luigs turned out pretty good.

Yeah we got lucky with that one.

Im a fan of the DJ, Davie, and Joe Adams types.

hawgcall20

Wow this is from left field

El Puerco

Really makes you appreciate a kid like Berna. Takes some state pride.

Kansas. Sheesh

The Recruiting Guy

Don't bash kids for going out of the state. Show some class.

eminem

Plenty of time guys....We've yet to play a game under Petrino

mizzouman

I wish Neal luck at KU, except against Mizzou.  I know Mizzou really wanted him, but a kids gotta do what's best for him.  What I can't understand is that there is no great QB in the wings at KU after Reesing leaves.  It takes a great QB to run this type of system.  At least at Arkansas, you have Mallett and at Mizzou we have Gabbert.

Oh well, good luck Neal.

kibster

Quote from: eminem on August 12, 2008, 09:38:04 pm
Plenty of time guys....We've yet to play a game under Petrino
Exactly.   Let them see that we actually have an offensive plan this year.  I think it will make a few recruits flip
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

mizzouman

Quote from: Tomhog™ on August 12, 2008, 09:38:46 pm
Wow.  I am utterly shocked.

Dude, I'm not shocked, just surprised at the timing, if you know what I mean.

OKhogfan1959

I hope Petrino moves on. Don't beg that kid..If he wants Kansas then let him go. I don't know if we can or will get better, but I do know I don't want him....

sirhog

Walton and Barlow. What happened to Arkansas kids wanting to be Hogs? Hopefully we can start winning consistently in both sports and the home states kids will want to stay home.

chiefsfan

Quote from: sirhog on August 12, 2008, 09:47:36 pm
Walton and Barlow. What happened to Arkansas kids wanting to be Hogs? Hopefully we can start winning consistently in both sports and the home states kids will want to stay home.

Our football and basketball programs havent been in great shape lately if you havent noticed.

This is college sports, you dont just go to play close to home anymore
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

El Puerco

Quote from: sirhog on August 12, 2008, 09:47:36 pmWhat happened to Arkansas kids wanting to be Hogs?

My sentiments exactly

gohogsgo006

Neal will see that Kansas success last year was purely based on a cupcake schedule, and not so much coaching. Kansas played 1 top 50 team in season last year...and they lost that game.  Not only does Arkansas get more media coverage (ESPN/CBS/LFS) but also has the 24th ranked Business school in America (didnt he say he wanted to check out the business school)  Bad judgment so far....but can be improved if he truly looks at his options.

Kansas.....? they will win no more the 7 games this year. They wont surprise people, and they play both Texas and OU (teams they did not play last year).
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

mizzouman

Quote from: El Puerco on August 12, 2008, 09:50:53 pm
My sentiments exactly

It's the signs of the time.  There's so much college football and basketball on TV anymore so the kids can watch how other programs do it.  Back in the day, kids only got news and games from the home state school. 

A lot of kids my son's 7th grade class are not Razorback fans.  A lot are UNC fans in basketball and Florida fans in football.  Kids growing up idolizing their home state school is done.

gohogsgo006

Quote from: mizzouman on August 12, 2008, 10:00:24 pm
Lay off the kid.  I can't imagine what a difficult decision this was for him.  As far as not coming back home, would you kick your son out of the house because he married a woman you don't necessarily like?

IF the kid was married, and still living at my house, Id kick myself out

Heightshog

I would have guessed the first order of business for this coaching staff would have been to fix the hole in the fence, guess not. 

On the bright side, it leaves more room for players no one else is recruiting.

passinghog

No intentions of bashing the kid, but the kid probably saw the depth chart. Is he scared of the competition or something?

jrmemphishog

Kansas was a one hit wonder but oh well. They have good wheat up there for making ham sandwiches with coach Mangino or whatever his name is.

mizzouman

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on August 12, 2008, 10:01:29 pm
IF the kid was married, and still living at my house, Id kick myself out

Not what I meant.

El Puerco

Quote from: mizzouman on August 12, 2008, 09:54:29 pm
It's the signs of the time.  There's so much college football and basketball on TV anymore so the kids can watch how other programs do it.  Back in the day, kids only got news and games from the home state school. 

A lot of kids my son's 7th grade class are not Razorback fans.  A lot are UNC fans in basketball and Florida fans in football.  Kids growing up idolizing their home state school is done.

Yeah, well, we don't have to like it. 

What if a kid was to be an Olympian and decided "You know, I really like how that Chinese team does things. I'm gonna head on over there."

I'm not bashing anybody. The fact of the matter is that when you see a home-state kid go to Kansas, you just appreciate kids like Berna and McFadden all the more.

gohogsgo006

and how many kids has Kansas sent to the NFL???

mizzouman

Richard,

Did Neal say why he pick KU?

OneLardAlmighty

It's August,  This time last year Joe Adams was a USC commit.

Maybe he goes to Kansas, maybe he doesn't.  It's a long time till February.  But if there is one thing I am NOT worried about, it's that Bobby Petrino won't have enough good WRs to run his offense. 

I wish I was so sure about corners and linebackers.

mizzouman

Quote from: El Puerco on August 12, 2008, 10:07:00 pm
Yeah, well, we don't have to like it. 

What if a kid was to be an Olympian and decided "You know, I really like how that Chinese team does things. I'm gonna head on over there."

I'm not bashing anybody. The fact of the matter is that when you see a home-state kid go to Kansas, you just appreciate kids like Berna and McFadden all the more.

I can understand that to a point.  But this is the single most important decision a kid can make at this point in their lives and because he's going out of state, everyone is down on him.  I'm sure he'll try to make the state proud of him regardless of where he goes.  And if Arkansas isn't proud of him, then I don't think he really cares.

mizzouman

Quote from: OneLardAlmighty on August 12, 2008, 10:07:32 pm

Maybe he goes to Kansas, maybe he doesn't.  It's a long time till February.  But if there is one thing I am NOT worried about, it's that Bobby Petrino won't have enough good WRs to run his offense. 

Good points.  There's, what 6 months until signing day.  LOTS of things can happen.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: mizzouman on August 12, 2008, 10:07:22 pm
Richard,

Did Neal say why he pick KU?

I talked very briefly with Neal's mom. I haven't talked to Neal yet.

forrest city joe

Richard'thanks for all you do on this board and in the paper. i just wish arkansas would get some good recruiting news for a change. I believe in time coach BP can get it done.

JIHawg

Richard-how bad did we really want this guy?  4.6 in the 40?  Is that acceptable to Petrino?

passinghog

Quote from: OneLardAlmighty on August 12, 2008, 10:07:32 pm

Neal Barlow is no Joe Adams, with all due respect. USC only offers players they feel like that will play on Sundays. There are going to be a few more studs pop up during the season that Petrino will be looking at; that always happens in recruiting. With Paul Petrino's track record with WR, the Barlow train mayhave left the station.

Qbackinman

Quote from: gibby on August 12, 2008, 08:55:03 pm
Orally?   ???

Does he mean verbally?

Verbally can mean either written or spoken, actually. Newspapers go with Orally because it's a spoken commitment, nothing on paper.