Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Besides Leinart, Bush, Peterson, and Ginn Jr.

Started by I'M EMBARRASSED, April 28, 2005, 06:46:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I'M EMBARRASSED

Who are other prospects for the Heisman?  Dark Horses?  It's obvious that Leinart is the front runner, but who else will there be?

OklaU

Hmm....I think Peterson has every bit a chance to win the heisman over Leinart.   
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

I'M EMBARRASSED

The one thing that helps Peterson's chances is that White will no longer take votes away from him, and that Bush will take votes away from Leinart.

OklaU

Good thought there Hogs.  I have to say this though....it would be amazing to see all those Heisman candidates return without any injuries.  Today, we see injuries with more frequency.   :-\

Hopefully everyone will make it to the ceremony.

Supermark101

Mcfadden ;D

Vince Young and DeAngelo Williams have outside shots.IMO

Broken Trigger

I don't see any way, barring injury, that Peterson doesn't wrap up this year's Heisman. 

OklaU

I'M EMBARRASSED

I'm a fan of Peterson, but I think Leinart's got it sewed up.  He's got too much talent surrounding him.  He's easily got two wide recievers who may get votes, Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett.  Whitney Lewis hasn't even played a down, and he was the #1 reciever in 03 or 04.  They have blue chippers backing up blue chippers.  Again, Bush could take votes away from Leinart.

Broken Trigger

We shouldn't even be having this conversation until we have heard from Mel Kiper. ;D

Porkahontas

Quote from: RazorbackRick on April 28, 2005, 08:24:09 pm
We shouldn't even be having this conversation until we have heard from Mel Kiper. ;D

You could probably get a better preview of 2006 Heisman candidates by going outside in your backyard and asking your shrubs than waiting for Kiper to chime in with his two-bits.

Broken Trigger

Quote from: Porkahontas on April 28, 2005, 08:56:23 pm

You could probably get a better preview of 2006 Heisman candidates by going outside in your backyard and asking your shrubs than waiting for Kiper to chime in with his two-bits.

I think this is how Mel gets his information

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on April 28, 2005, 09:31:43 pm
Quote from: Supermark101 on April 28, 2005, 07:24:20 pm
Mcfadden ;D

Vince Young and DeAngelo Williams have outside shots.IMO
The Heisman trophy winner will NEVER hail from a team that plays in Memphis. There probably won't ever be a C-USA winner. IMO.

Ever hear of Andre Ware?

Broken Trigger

Andre Ware won it in '89 with Houston.  That was when Houston was still in the SWC though, i believe. 

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: RazorbackRick on April 28, 2005, 09:43:37 pm
Andre Ware won it in '89 with Houston. That was when Houston was still in the SWC though, i believe.

That's true and there have been a few that have won it from Army.  One thing for sure, there is a lot better chance of someone winning it from conference USA than there is from Arkansas. 

Broken Trigger

April 28, 2005, 09:49:37 pm #14 Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 09:56:19 pm by RazorbackRick
I don't doubt that.  Our guys never get the kind of respect they deserve.

PaulSqueals

April 28, 2005, 09:53:17 pm #15 Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 09:56:59 pm by PaulSqueals
[

That's true and there have been a few that have won it from Army. One thing for sure, there is a lot better chance of someone winning it from conference USA than there is from Arkansas.

Larry, how many All Americans have been produced by Conference USA schools?  How many All Americans have there been from Arkansas? 

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: PaulSqueals on April 28, 2005, 09:53:17 pm
[

That's true and there have been a few that have won it from Army. One thing for sure, there is a lot better chance of someone winning it from conference USA than there is from Arkansas.

Larry, how many All Americans have been produced by Conference USA schools? How many All Americans have their been from Arkansas?
I'm not going to try and make a count, but I know for sure there have been a lot more from Conference USA schools since the conference was started.  I would say it wouldn't even be close. 

PaulSqueals

Larry, Conference USA is a fairly new conference.  BTW, 7 All Americans at Arkansas since 1998 (Burlsworth, Lucas, Kennedy, Petty, Hamlin, Andrews (twice)) ...Probably 45-50 overall.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: PaulSqueals on April 28, 2005, 10:08:07 pm
Larry, Conference USA is a fairly new conference. BTW, 7 All Americans at Arkansas since 1998 (Burlsworth, Lucas, Kennedy, Petty, Hamlin, Andrews (twice)) ...Probably 45-50 overall.

I'm sure there are five times that many from Army alone if you count the total history of the schools.  Not that the Hogs haven't had some good players, they have, just not as many as that conference. 

Broken Trigger

I don't think it is the fact that we don't have great players.  I believe we all know that we do.  It just seems that most of the national media just hates to admit it when Arkansas has a great player.

Broken Trigger

PaulSqueals

Hoophog, if you weed out the 2nd 3rd 4th teamers and Honorable Mentions, your list will get much shorter.   I guess I should have specified legitimate 1st Team All Americans.

Hoggysoprano

April 28, 2005, 10:32:31 pm #22 Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 10:37:16 pm by HoopHog
Quote from: PaulSqueals on April 28, 2005, 10:20:50 pm
Hoophog, if you weed out the 2nd 3rd 4th teamers and Honorable Mentions, your list will get much shorter. I guess I should have specified legitimate 1st Team All Americans.

It would still be much longer than the list of Hogs.  Thanks Hoop, I coudn't find that list.