Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gary Ervin is transferring from MSU to Arkansas per Dudlley....

Started by Modsquad24, April 28, 2005, 05:34:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Big Papa Satan

hogfan98

does he realize he'll lose a year of eligibility for transfering within conference?

mikeirwin

Coming out of high school he was listed as the number 3 point guard in the country.
SEC all freshman team.
Last season (soph) 7.7 ppg, 38% from 2 pt. range, 23% on treys. 101 turnovers. 160 assists.
Not exactly tearing it up but a better pt. guard than Ferguson or Jefferson.

I'M EMBARRASSED

For those of you who are calling for Heath's head, does this transfer give him a grace period?  I'm on the fence about Heath, but I think he brings in the talent that we need.  If Ervin can hit the three and dribble penetrate into the 2-3 zone, we have a winner.  It sucks that it will take two years to see him.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 28, 2005, 05:46:28 pm
Coming out of high school he was listed as the number 3 point guard in the country.
SEC all freshman team.
Last season (soph) 7.7 ppg, 38% from 2 pt. range, 23% on treys. 101 turnovers. 160 assists.
Not exactly tearing it up but a better pt. guard than Ferguson or Jefferson.

Mike do those two graduate next year?  I sure hope so.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: HoopHog on April 28, 2005, 06:22:23 pm
Quote from: hogfan98 on April 28, 2005, 05:45:28 pm
does he realize he'll lose a year of eligibility for transfering within conference?

Not necessarily. I'm not making light of Matt Stoltz family situation at all. But, he could appeal to the NCAA that he has family here and has to move here to be with his family. Maybe it will work. With the NCAA, you never know!

If it was Tennesse he was transfering to  I'd say it would work, but the NCAA has the Red Arse for the U of A for some reason.

Biggus Piggus

That is untrue.

Gary Ervin was hyped as a high schooler, but he has not been nearly up to that hype in college.  He made bad decisions this season at critical moments of the Bulldogs' toughest losses.  Physically, he looks the part.  Sounds like a perfect fit for our team.  All body and no head.  Athlete without refined skill.  Of course, now we have the coaching staff to develop him, right?

Stansbury recruited a lot of players he didn't like when he got them on campus, and now they're getting ejected.  Just because Stansbury can't coach them doesn't mean they can't be coached.  Still, I'd rather see Heath sign a really good freshman for 2006-07 than take a junior-to-be transfer who has questionable upside.
[CENSORED]!

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 28, 2005, 06:25:31 pm

That is untrue.

Gary Ervin was hyped as a high schooler, but he has not been nearly up to that hype in college. He made bad decisions this season at critical moments of the Bulldogs' toughest losses. Physically, he looks the part. Sounds like a perfect fit for our team. All body and no head. Athlete without refined skill. Of course, now we have the coaching staff to develop him, right?

Stansbury recruited a lot of players he didn't like when he got them on campus, and now they're getting ejected. Just because Stansbury can't coach them doesn't mean they can't be coached. Still, I'd rather see Heath sign a really good freshman for 2006-07 than take a junior-to-be transfer who has questionable upside.

But can he get in fights with fellow players and throw rocks at their cars? That's the kind of guy this team needs!!

PerryHog

Wasted schollie for Heath personally. Stan won't be here in fall '06 if he doesn't win big in '05.

HeathHateMe

Quote from: PerryHog on April 28, 2005, 06:41:33 pm
Wasted schollie for Heath personally. Stan won't be here in fall '06 if he doesn't win big in '05.

The wasted schollie was telling Kendrick Davis to hit the bricks and then give the scholarship to Cranford to sit on the bench all year.  Davis may not have played much but his offense may have been the difference in a few close games (MSU game in 2003).  Did Cranford ever even get up?  I hear he sat on the bench so much that they have a permanent impression of his ass cheeks.  Now that's getting the most out of your scholarships.
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HeathHateMe

A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

DirkPiggler

Quote from: HoopHog on April 28, 2005, 06:22:23 pm

Not necessarily. I'm not making light of Matt Stoltz family situation at all. But, he could appeal to the NCAA that he has family here and has to move here to be with his family. Maybe it will work. With the NCAA, you never know!

If the NCAA can finish their business before the start of next season Ervin could probably be eligible next year.  Players can transfer away from programs on probation without penalty, even if they're the one who got the team in trouble in the first place (like Lester Earl and LSU).
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Kilgor

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 28, 2005, 06:25:31 pm

That is untrue.

Gary Ervin was hyped as a high schooler, but he has not been nearly up to that hype in college. He made bad decisions this season at critical moments of the Bulldogs' toughest losses. Physically, he looks the part. Sounds like a perfect fit for our team. All body and no head. Athlete without refined skill. Of course, now we have the coaching staff to develop him, right?

Stansbury recruited a lot of players he didn't like when he got them on campus, and now they're getting ejected. Just because Stansbury can't coach them doesn't mean they can't be coached. Still, I'd rather see Heath sign a really good freshman for 2006-07 than take a junior-to-be transfer who has questionable upside.

http://archive.mstateathletics.com/0,5604,1_25_0_44046,00.html

His accolades are pretty impressive.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: Mountainboar on April 28, 2005, 09:26:43 pm
Surely there's another Corey Beck type out there...we need a player with an attitude.

There are  quite a few of them, none coming to Arkansas though.