Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have the money bags dried up at Mississippi State in lieu of the NCAA peeking?

Started by Jim Harris, April 28, 2005, 05:04:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

What's with all the basketball transfers (Charles Rhodes, Walter Sharpe, starting guard Gary Ervin) and other talent declaring early? Everyone figured Montae Ellis would opt to go straight to the NBA, but the others are weird, especially considering Lawrence Roberts STAYED this past year. What's up, Dawg followers? Biggus, any thoughts?

I've heard that MSU's football looked like a disaster this spring and that most people figure Croom's going to need three more seasons to show any semblence of getting this righted. Orgeron at Ole Miss is kicking ass, comparative to past Ole Miss recruiting years, I'm told. He's got people at least interested in Ole Miss that would have not even opened the door for their staff in the past. He's hitting Missouri hard, in fact. LSU fans are even a little scared he could pick off a couple of good ones they count in their camp. We can't get a snif from these guys, but crazy man Orgeron in a half-year has made an impact.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Biggus Piggus

During the season, the MSU insiders said Rhodes and Sharpe got on Stansbury's darn list very early.  Sharpe did not have a work ethic.  Rhodes, harder to tell exactly what happened.  His family thought Stansbury was being unfair.  I think Stansbury had a lot on his mind, knowing that 2004-05 was going to be his last run for a long, long time.  He was not wasting time developing freshmen.  Must have been more than that though.  Maybe he was disappointed in their talent level.  Not enough for his money.  Early in the SEC season, those two were on the early-exit list.

Gary Ervin was recruited by Stan Jones but not coached by him.  Too bad, I bet Jones would have made him into a player.  Ervin had a bad season.  Again, to me Jones (now at Fla St) was the guy who saved Stansbury's hide, and this is how long it took for his ways to wear off.  MSU guards are back to the low skill level they were at earlier in Stansbury's career.
[CENSORED]!

PaulSqueals

It sounds like the NCAA hammer is fixing to go down in Starkville.