Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Jones...Foxsports.com

Started by Hawgdawgrain, April 28, 2005, 05:02:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgdawgrain

April 28, 2005, 05:02:14 pm Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 05:06:15 pm by Hawgdawgrain
Just in case you haven't seen it...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3572116

This guy's a moron, he says...

"A first-round pick is better spent on a player who is certain to be a solid contributor, even if the player will not be a star..."

I'm sure every first round pick over the last 25 years has turned out to be "solid contributer"...

We'll see

PorcineSublime

Once agan we see the BS arguement that he just "isn't as quick" or " he doesn't have the burst" or blah blah. Hell, do these guys do any research or do they just write from the hip.  The man had one of the best shuttle times and one of the best 10,20, and 40 times from the whole dadgum draft and he is 6' 6" and 240 lbs. Make the point that he is unproven, it is easy to make. But do it with facts not supposition. Geez, now they got me all fired up again.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Biggus Piggus

We'll get all worked up about MJ, then he'll probably go out and get broken in half in a freak collision.  We'll never know whether he woulda been great.  Some idiot sports writer will say he was a bust.
[CENSORED]!

hawkeyefan17

The article is entirely too critical of Matt Jones but I understand why he would be skeptical. I mean how much does he really know about Arkansas and Jones in particular? Since he does not know he can't do anything but critisize.

I was surprised that Jones was taken as high as he was but I think he'll be a fine player in the NFL.