Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN's college football's Hot 100

Started by ReturnToDynasty?, April 28, 2005, 02:26:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ReturnToDynasty?

I haven't been able to find this list.  Does anyone know if there are any Hogs on the list?  Maybe Monk or Hillis?

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: ReturnToDynasty? on April 28, 2005, 02:26:17 pm
I haven't been able to find this list. Does anyone know if there are any Hogs on the list? Maybe Monk or Hillis?

DeAngelo Williams Number 6

No Hills, No Monk.

Flatfoot

The best picture of what used to be a top 100 player.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

ReturnToDynasty?

I'm kind of surprised Hillis and Monk are not mentioned.  Do you think they should be considered Top 100 best players in the country?

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: ReturnToDynasty? on April 28, 2005, 04:21:03 pm
I'm kind of surprised Hillis and Monk are not mentioned. Do you think they should be considered Top 100 best players in the country?

Not based on what they did last year, Monk had an OK year but I hardly wold think it would put him in the elite. Hillis might get there after the coming season, that is if he doesn't get hurt again.

I'M EMBARRASSED

I believe MJ was ranked in the 75-100, so Monk and Hillis have a lot of work to do to get on there next year.  Hillis standing was hurt because of the time that he missed.  If he stays healty, he may be on there next year due to him being our offense out of the backfield.  I'm still waiting to see if Monk continues to shine.

Geohul

I would like to see both of these guys(Hillis, Monk) on the list next year along with Darren Mcfadden.  We should have a pretty good offense if we can get the Qb position ironed out early in the fall.  I expect Desmond Sims to be a monster at DE this year.  And if he has the season many are expecting under Herring, he may be on the list next year also.

I'M EMBARRASSED

McFadden's got a better chance at ever being on that list than Hillis and Monk.  When's the first time you saw a FB listed in a top 100?  Monk has the ability.  He has to continue to get better.  He needs to work with a speed coach to get it down to at least a 4.6.  I know that's not much, but it's better than a 4.7.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: hogsrus5 on April 28, 2005, 08:20:00 pm
McFadden's got a better chance at ever being on that list than Hillis and Monk. When's the first time you saw a FB listed in a top 100? Monk has the ability. He has to continue to get better. He needs to work with a speed coach to get it down to at least a 4.6. I know that's not much, but it's better than a 4.7.
I wonder how Monk will do this year, last year it seemed that he caught a lot of balls off broken plays.  If he's only a 4.7 guy he will for sure have to use his height to make the plays. He never seems to do much after he catches the ball. Now Hillis is a different story, according to that depth chart he is going to be a tail back.  He can make a hole, I look for him to have a big year. I hope McFadden is as good as advertised.

I'M EMBARRASSED

Hillis and 20 carries = trouble for opposing D's.  Hillis and 30 carries = trouble for the Hogs.  I don't think that we should give him more than 20 carries, and we should give him about 5 carries from dump passes, screens, and put him in the slot (that would confuse some people).  I agree with Monk's catches.  I agree that he's talented, but I think people are a little disillusioned with him becoming a top ten pick and top 100 player.  3rd round draft pick at best at this point, IMHO.  That doesn't mean that he doesn't have the talent to become better.

Geohul

I'm still worried about Hillis' back. That's one of those nagging injuries that tends to re-occour I hope he's had ample oppurtunity to rehab and rest in the offseason.  As far as Monk goes, I think you're right Larry.  Monk catches the ball well, but never really broke one for a good gain last year.  Hoping maybe that was because he was the only wideout the opposing defenses really had to worry about.  I really think Mcfadden is gonna be like C4 was supposed to be, hype wise.  By his sophmore year I expect opposing DC's to be scratching they're heads about who to key on Hillis, or Mcfadden.  That's the time you toss it to Monk.  Just hope HDN realizes this.  Aww crap! I forgot who I was talking about.