Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BCS is really trying to screw things up

Started by Hoggysoprano, April 27, 2005, 07:48:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Broken Trigger

It sounds like the same old crappy system we have, except with an extra bowl to raise extra revenue.  It always comes down to money.  It must be time for raises for somebody.

Porkahontas

You never know. At the rate things are going, we very well may see ASU playing in a BCS bowl one of these days.

Of course, it'll probably be after the SEC, Big XII, Big X, ACC, Pac 10, Notre Dame, WAC, Big East, and Conference USA all pul out, but they still might be able to slip in there someday!

RebelliousHog

Be nice to see the SEC and Big12 pull out and form thier own affliation. Maybe add the ACC
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Hoggysoprano

Why would you want the coaches to be in both polls?  They are the idiots that are messing up the polls, even more than the writers. At least the writers may look at  scores other than their own conference.  What they need is a delegation in each state based on population, hell let the fans vote on the damn thing, they watch a lot more games that those coaches.

tophawg19

sounds like a good chance for a little BIAS also a good chance for more than a little money to change hands .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Flatfoot

If your going to add a game then take the top 8 and let them have at it in a FREAKING PLAYOFF!  The BCS bowls can hosts the games.  I am sure that one of the networks would pay Big Money for the rights to televise.  That money would then be split with the associated conferences.  Geeze how simple is that!
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Flatfoot

Guess what, your lower tiered teams still get to go to Shreveport, Boise, and Fort Worth for the shiite bowls.  So this should make all of the fat ass university presidents happy. ;D

WarsawHog

It's a mistake to add another BCS bowl. They are only adding to the confussion. What they should do instead is to take the winners from the 4 BCS bowls and begin a football "final 4" just like basketball does. They should pick the site in advance and sell the tickets the same way they do for the BB final 4. Just like flatfoot said, the bowls would not have to change at all. The lesser teams would still have their reward for a good season. The best 8 teams in the country should be in the BCS bowls and one of those teams will win their way to the National Championship! The bowl games would still mean as much as ever (the BCS even more) and we could have the playoff that would really add income and prove to almost everybody who is the champ.

junkyardhog

Everyone has their opinion. In my opinion, this is the first time the BCS is actually moving in the right direction.  If you are telling me that we can't pick our best team out of 4, then we have a problem!

idochog

Mark my words, Dallas will have a BCS bowl once their new stadium in Arlington is built.
I love Jesus!

Flatfoot

You could have the six automatic tie-ins with the SEC, Pac 10, Big 10, Big 12, Big East, and ACC.  Then give two at large berths to the smaller conferences such as the WAC or Conf USA.

If you like the format of March Madness then let a committee decide the top 8.  Your still going to have your controversy over the two at large teams but it cuts out much of the BCS bullshiite.  Either way, It makes Common Sense to do this which is unheard of.   

Flatfoot

Quote from: idochog on April 28, 2005, 09:17:18 am
Mark my words, Dallas will have a BCS bowl once their new stadium in Arlington is built.

Which BCS bowl will be lost if that happens?  The Orange, Rose, Fiesta, or Sugar? 
Or are you saying that this will be the fifth BCS Bowl.

tophawg19

good post warsaw i've said the same thing for a long time the 4 bowl winners in a playoff .it would
only add 3 games total & revenue would be awesome .spread the money evenly among all teams
with a bonus for the top 4 teams.everyone wins even the small conferences . I can't see how anyone loses unless itspoor bowl turnout for the lower bowls who could help themselves
by more regional rivalries
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

idochog

Quote from: flatfoot304 on April 28, 2005, 09:23:47 am
Quote from: idochog on April 28, 2005, 09:17:18 am

Which BCS bowl will be lost if that happens? The Orange, Rose, Fiesta, or Sugar?
Or are you saying that this will be the fifth BCS Bowl.

BCS has been talking about 5th bowl and that was one of the cities mentioned.
I love Jesus!

HighOnHogs

I'm just gonna sit back and laugh at all the idiots making the insane decisions.

Hawgdawgrain

The BCS is a scam...

There are times I wish my Papa hadn't ever cried when Kentucky beat us in the 78 Final Four, therefore I would be released from this bondage that is Razorback Lover For Life. He cried, I cried, I'm hooked...

If I didn't care about the Hogs, I wouldn't care about the sham that is the NCAA and BCS...it seems hopeless they'll ever fix it for a playoff...bunch of greedy old bowl farts...

Auburn...2005 National Champions...

Broken Trigger

I don't care how we do it, but  we need to play games until only one team in the Division 1 is undefeated(or has one loss in the case where no one is undefeated).  In other words, the champ will always have a better record loss-wise.

OklaU

"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

xkyrie

The NCAA needs to be disbanded like an angry hoven of blind witches. In 15 years, after we've forgotten there ever was an NCAA, we won't be preoccupied with this sort of thing. And while I'm at it, drug testing is a total waste of time, and adds nothing of value to sports.

PorcineSublime

The BCS and the NCAA are products of university presidents and those are the guys who will keep the conferences towing the NCAA line. We can dream about a revolt all we want, but the truth is that the big dogs like it just the way it is. The best we could hope for is that a big scandal hits the offices of the NCAA and they lose all credibility. Nah, they would just reload and continue in their Nazi like state.WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.