Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's move past "if" next season is Nutt's last.

Started by soso, April 27, 2005, 11:51:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

soso

Untested backfield (except Hillis), overall poor depth, and a really tough schedule will guarantee a losing season next year imo.  Is Davis really an option? Surely he will have higher food chain options available.  I have to believe that promoting Herring was whispered when he was hired. Reports out of Raleigh even confirm this when he was hired.  If this happens does he turn to Malzahn for QB coach or even OC. Do any of the people who watch Springdale football think his offense is as innovative and exciting as reported? Would it guarantee that the Springdale kids would even come with him?  Can he coach on a high SEC level?

Is there any inside information out there to be optimistic about?

Big Papa Satan

If this happens does he turn to Malzahn for QB coach or even OC. - Maybe

Do any of the people who watch Springdale football think his offense is as innovative and exciting as reported? - When I've seen it, it was neither, just normal football

Would it guarantee that the Springdale kids would even come with him?  Probably

Can he coach on a high SEC level?  Highly doubtful

hogsanity

I went to school here in Ft Smith with Gus, and followed his progress as a coach.  He coaches whatever style he has players for.  Right now Springdale has enough talent to play rather mundane football, and play it well.  But at Hughes and Shiloh he was wide open offense because he had to be to win.  But that pass happy style wont get it in the SEC, too many good dbs and lbs. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

idochog

Quote from: hogsanity on April 27, 2005, 12:21:59 pm
I went to school here in Ft Smith with Gus, and followed his progress as a coach. He coaches whatever style he has players for. Right now Springdale has enough talent to play rather mundane football, and play it well. But at Hughes and Shiloh he was wide open offense because he had to be to win. But that pass happy style wont get it in the SEC, too many good dbs and lbs.

As I recall Steve Spurrier seemed to do pretty well with a pass happy offense.
I love Jesus!

hogsanity

Quote from: idochog on April 27, 2005, 01:04:19 pm
I went to school here in Ft Smith with Gus, and followed his progress as a coach. He coaches whatever style he has players for. Right now Springdale has enough talent to play rather mundane football, and play it well. But at Hughes and Shiloh he was wide open offense because he had to be to win. But that pass happy style wont get it in the SEC, too many good dbs and lbs.

Lets see how Spurrier does at SC.  His best teams at FL had receivers who were better than anyones DBs thats just simple football.  My players are better than your at this and we will beat you. 

If you want to play pass happy then fine, gotta have a qb and at least 6 GREAT WR. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

idochog

Quote from: hogsanity on April 27, 2005, 01:09:19 pm
Quote from: idochog on April 27, 2005, 01:04:19 pm

Lets see how Spurrier does at SC. His best teams at FL had receivers who were better than anyones DBs thats just simple football. My players are better than your at this and we will beat you.

If you want to play pass happy then fine, gotta have a qb and at least 6 GREAT WR.

I dont want pass happy, I just want something a little more than HDN Jr. High playcall with the 1 WR route and no motion.
I love Jesus!

SultanofSwine

Coach Hoooston Nutts and his foozeball is da debil.

Hawgbrew

I personally cannot wait to see what the offense looks like this year.  Nutt taylors his
offense to the personel.  You didnt see Arkansas being predominately run when
Clint Stoerner was here and had Boo Williams and Anthony Lucas to throw to.  With Matt Jones @ QB you had to be a ground team because he couldnt pass worth a s%#t.  But I think next year we will get to see the offense open up a little bit with a QB with an Arm (Whoever it is) and receivers that can catch.  As far as Malzahn goes, I dont think he is a college coach.  I have seen him run the exact same run play three times in a row and wonder in the hell he was thinking.  I have not been impressed with his play calling.  As far as Mustain goes he has a great arm and his passes are pretty and on target.  It didnt matter if it was a 5 yard crossing pattern or 50 yard fly it was there.  We definately need to get him. 

SultanofSwine

brew, to get that old offense back you need to hire Clint to call the game as was the case in 98.

SultanofSwine

If I had the choice of Clint calling the plays or HDn, I would take Clint every day hands down.