Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rashard Sullivan's departure...

Started by I'M EMBARRASSED, April 26, 2005, 05:47:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I'M EMBARRASSED

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but I overheard Olu talking about what happened.  Rashard questioned Darian about his tardiness, and Darian said something unfavorable to Sullivan.  Apparently, Sullivan jacked his jaw, and coach didn't like it.  This comes from Olu's mouth today.

PerryHog

I'd like to hear more about that if it's true.

akp4105

i dunno how reliable that is..but they wont state a reason so maybe thats right..i was at a party with brewer, hunter, jefferson, townes, monk, and thomas this weekend..they all seemed content with everything...and townes didnt have a bruise or anything on his face..mustve not hit him very hard..

batmanfan

Quote from: akp4105 on April 26, 2005, 06:18:06 pm
i dunno how reliable that is..but they wont state a reason so maybe thats right..i was at a party with brewer, hunter, jefferson, townes, monk, and thomas this weekend..they all seemed content with everything...and townes didnt have a bruise or anything on his face..mustve not hit him very hard..

Were there pants ironed??? :D    What were they drinking???

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

hawgfan_18

Sounds like Rashard was trying some senior leadership to me.  and the more i hear about darian townes makes me think he is a little bitch...

PerryHog

Quote from: bacongrease on April 26, 2005, 06:38:13 pm
Quote from: hawgfan_18 on April 26, 2005, 06:36:11 pm
Sounds like Rashard was trying some senior leadership to me. and the more i hear about darian townes makes me think he is a little bitch...
Olu didn't mention that Townes also went out of the gym and messed up Rashard's girlfriends car. .

WTH?

TulsaHogFan

Yea WHAT?  What are you talking about?

Hoggysoprano

So one guy is not showing up to practice while he screws up another players car.  All the time while the team is turning down a bid to the NIT?  I heard from a reliable source that Heath's team at Kent State, the one that went to the final 8, rebelled against him halfway into the season.  Seems they didn't like the offense he was running, well Heath listened to the players and they started winning which is good. What is bad is this guy has  a long history of not being able to control his players.

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: bacongrease on April 26, 2005, 07:14:19 pm
I'm talking about what went down. Sullivan stepped to Townes because he was late for workouts. Townes got in his face about it, Sullivan punched Townes. Townes gets mad, goes outside and messes up the car. At this point the coaches knew nothing about it. After the car incident, Sullivan said enough is enough. He told the coaches what happened. They gave he and Townes equal punishment, running bleachers or something like that.

Sullivan was upset that he was punished equally, what with him being on time, defending himself, and having the car jacked. He left, nobody saw him again.

This type of thing happens in the lockeroom, on most teams. Usually nobody ever knows about it, but with places like this where the fans can speak, it should be aired. I wish Sullivan all the luck, and I hope Townes has a kick ass year, too!!

Go Hogs!

How long ago did this allegedly happen? 
First time I've ever used the word allegedly on a message board.

Lando Calrissian

What, are we in freakin' high school here?

I don't believe a word of any of this.

I do believe that Rashard wasn't a very good basketball player. 

No speculation there.

This "I heard from one of my friends who has a friend who is in the know who knows a guy said that Sullivan messed with Darians girlfriend's roommate's mom's car" crap is absolute rubbish.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on April 26, 2005, 08:13:47 pm

No speculation there.

This "I heard from one of my friends who has a friend who is in the know who knows a guy said that Sullivan messed with Darians girlfriend's roommate's mom's car" crap is absolute rubbish.

First of all, when are you going to get that gay picture off your profile?  Secondly, you need to start listening and quit trying to argue. Noone has a grude agains Sullivian or Townes, they are just saying what they heard,  Third, noone has to prove a damn thing to you, this is a message board.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Larry the Cable Hog
First of all, when are you going to get that gay picture off your profile?

Please, please don't insult the picture I use of a fictional character.  Please?  It makes me sad.  *tear*

Or not.

QuoteSecondly, you need to start listening and quit trying to argue. Noone has a grude agains Sullivian or Townes, they are just saying what they heard

But I heard that Jenny told Susie that Brenda was taking Todd and not Jimmy to the prom because Linda got caught making out with Bobby at blah blah blah blah blah

High schoolers.

QuoteThird, noone has to prove a damn thing to you, this is a message board.

It doesn't have to be proven and I still don't believe it.  PLUS, if it doesn't matter to you whether I believe it or not, then why get so touchy when I say I don't believe it?

Look, Rashard Sullivan was a crappy basketball player.  I'm sure he's a good kid, but there's no room on the team for someone who can't rebound/shoot/defend or display any of the basic fundamentals a player at his calibre should have.

That's the end of the story.  Period.

Gossip is for teenage girls.

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Lando Calrissian

But I'm stinking the place up because I'm not buying the gossip you're selling?

Ummm, ok?

How about this:  A friend of mine told me that Rashard quit the team because he just wasn't good at basketball. 

You heard it here first.    :P

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on April 26, 2005, 09:07:14 pm
Quote from: Larry the Cable Hog
First of all, when are you going to get that gay picture off your profile?

Please, please don't insult the picture I use of a fictional character. Please? It makes me sad. *tear*

Or not.

QuoteSecondly, you need to start listening and quit trying to argue. Noone has a grude agains Sullivian or Townes, they are just saying what they heard

But I heard that Jenny told Susie that Brenda was taking Todd and not Jimmy to the prom because Linda got caught making out with Bobby at blah blah blah blah blah

High schoolers.

QuoteThird, noone has to prove a damn thing to you, this is a message board.

It doesn't have to be proven and I still don't believe it. PLUS, if it doesn't matter to you whether I believe it or not, then why get so touchy when I say I don't believe it?

Look, Rashard Sullivan was a crappy basketball player. I'm sure he's a good kid, but there's no room on the team for someone who can't rebound/shoot/defend or display any of the basic fundamentals a player at his calibre should have.

That's the end of the story. Period.

Gossip is for teenage girls.

This years team had a lot of crappy basketball players.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on April 26, 2005, 08:13:47 pm

No speculation there.

Lando, you better catch up.  This is old news by now.
[CENSORED]!

akp4105

Quote from: batmanfan on April 26, 2005, 06:22:41 pm
Quote from: akp4105 on April 26, 2005, 06:18:06 pm

Were there pants ironed??? :D    What were they drinking???

BAT

i hang out with ronnie alot, its no big deal to me i grew up playin ball against him..i dunno the others too well..and i dont look at their pants..thanks

Lando Calrissian

What sort of jelly does Ronnie like on his toast in the morning?

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on April 26, 2005, 11:34:44 pm
What sort of jelly does Ronnie like on his toast in the morning?

The same that Chewie puts on Han Solo's biscuits, I thought you knew?

Billy Dee is tha sheezy. 

hawgfan_18

I hope Rashard really laid his ass out for the car deal...

mikeirwin

Quote from: bacongrease on April 26, 2005, 09:46:47 pm
What do some of the media guys I see on here know of the situation? Bo Mattingly, do you know about this happening? This Lando Calrissian Son of a Gun needs to have his cotton pickin' eyes opened.
Bo essentially reported the same thing two days ago. Said he had it from reliable sources. He didn't say anything about the jumping up and down on the car incident but Grant Hall referred to it on The Huddle. Grant said it was a rumor. I'm fairly certain they're not happy about this at Walton Arena or the Broyles Center. I know nothing about it myself. I do think if it's not true somebody (coaches, players) should come forward and say it's not true. I'm guessing nobody will.

akp4105

FAYETTEVILLE — Rashard Sullivan has shed a little light on why he left the Arkansas basketball team.
Sullivan, a reserve forward who quit earlier this month with one year of eligibility remaining, said he was unhappy about his basketball development despite three years of hard work and that he didn't fit into Coach Stan Heath's program. Sullivan thanked former Coach Nolan Richardson, who signed him, and the fans.
Sullivan's statement was written and sent to media outlets from his university e-mail address. Attempts to talk to Sullivan have been unsuccessful since his departure was reported April 12.
Heath initially said Sullivan's status had not been determined but acknowledged Friday in a news release that Sullivan would not return. Heath has declined to say why Sullivan left.
A one-line message in the e-mail sent to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette said Sullivan had given his written statement to Heath on April 13 "to be presented to the media." Heath never made Sullivan's statement public.
Sullivan's statement reads:
"After a great deal of contemplation, I have decided to leave the men's basketball program at the University of Arkansas. After three years of playing under head coach Stan Heath, I feel that I have not developed as a player and I am dissatisfied with my production on this team. Despite all my hard work and effort, I still feel like I don't contribute to or fit in the program that Coach Heath is trying to build. At this point, I don't plan on pursuing a basketball career anywhere else; I will stay enrolled at the University of Arkansas and complete my degree in Recreation next May. This was a hard decision to make because I still love the game of basketball. I am proud to have been a Razorback, but right now finishing my degree is my number one priority.
"I would like to thank Coach Nolan Richardson for recruiting me and giving me the opportunity to earn a college degree. To the Razorback fans, I would like to thank you for your care and support over the past three years."
Heath said Sullivan gave the statement to an assistant coach who passed it along to Heath, but Heath did not consider releasing the statement.
"That statement was given to me a long time ago and Rashard and I were expecting to meet and talk and it didn't happen," Heath said. "So (on Friday) I just released the most important thing, that he was not returning and he was going to continue his education and graduate from school here. Those were the most important facts."
Sullivan will not be on athletic scholarship next fall.

akp4105

a very close source didnt want to say much but let me know that sullivan did have a "scuffle" with townes, but the story about the gf's car is wrong..

Lando Calrissian

I buy the "scuffle" thing.

Teammates ALWAYS end up scuffling at some point, and usually over the dumbest of things.

BUT

I seriously doubt that is the reason Rashard is no longer on the team. 

Say what you will about the rest of the team underachieving (because that's totally true), but Rashard never showed any glimpses of even being a semi-competent player.

That's not saying he isn't a good guy.  Honestly, in the scheme of life, it's nor his or the coach's fault.  Sometimes you get in over your head.  I do give him props for doing the right thing with his life.  At some point after 3 seasons, when you're putting in the work and still only averaging 2pts and 2 rebs a game, you know it's time to move on.