Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

the cowboys suck

Started by tophawg19, April 24, 2005, 08:15:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

once again dallas has refused to draft a single ark. player .their fan base is falling in ark. because
of this .teams like philly, pitt ,seattle ,& denver are gaining fans because the do pick ARK. kids
and our fans remain loyal after college .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

TulsaHogFan

I disagree, the cowboys drafted what they need, now they can always give the ex hogs a chance in some workouts and see about picking up some free agents that are hogs, but i want them giving the teams success a priority and i know parcells will not take anything he does not believe in. 

They will lose more fan base to the Jags due to Jones than because they did not up an Arkansan.

THF

CusefaninAR

You think Jerry Jones cares about Arkansas fan support?  Are you kidding?

tophawg19

when was the last time dallas selected a razorback . DECORI would have been a good fit in the later rounds . i don't remember the cowboys drafting a hog .so screw J.JONES and the horse he rode in on . he can carry his goofy ass out of ark. & become a texass lover . but dont expect the ARK. fans to continue to support someone who doesn't return the favor .

OklaU

I think we're being a little too silly here.  I am sure, this isn't the Cowboys conspiring against the Hogs.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

tophawg19

yes he does or should . arkansas people make up a good portion of dallas fan base .don't believe it look how ark. fans took over the s.w.c tourny in basketball . we have a large fan base in that part of texas .it looks bad when a former player & supporter want draft ARK. players .i can't find a hog
that has been drafted by dallas since jones has been the owner .

CusefaninAR

Nobody was bitching when gave Tom Crowder a job, or the criminal Jermaine Brooks.  Somebody needs to learn their history.

CusefaninAR

Every Arkansan out there could quit being a Cowboys supporter and Jerry Jones wouldn't even blink.

tophawg19

crowder & brooks are free agents as is clint .S  . probably 20 to 25% of the cowboy ticket holders are from ARK . look around the parking lot at the ark. plates at a cowboys game.

CusefaninAR

You check out every single license plate in the parking lot at Cowboys games?  Awesome!  And you honestly think that there would be empty seats if those people gave up their tickets?  Seriously? 

tophawg19

theres empty seats now .

CusefaninAR

If there are, I'm sure it's from angry Hog fans who are upset that Jerry Jones hasn't drafted any former Hogs.  That's showing ol' Jerry.

CusefaninAR

Hmmmm....Texas Stadium seats 65,595....2004 average home attendance, 63,861...difference of 1734 empty seats....Jerry is really crying poverty.

tophawg19

you finally got the picture .

CusefaninAR

So you think Texas stadium being over 97% filled every week proves your point?  And remember, that's an average.  You can bet the week Arizona comes in will account for most of that.  What color is the sky in the world you live in?

tophawg19

it's called reality try it sometime .

CusefaninAR

Well, you go ahead and boycott the Cowboys and see who falls in line behind you.  You sure are getting alot of support on this board, aren't you?

CusefaninAR

The Giants ranked second in NFL average home attendance last year, with 78,734...their stadium holds 80,242.  Sounds kind of like Texas Stadium, doesn't it?  Must be because Wellington Mara isn't drafting any Razorbacks.  There sure are alot of empty seats there. 

Kilgor

In recent years he has given Lucas, Stoerner, Crowder, and Brooks a chance at the team.  He's a former player from the 1964 championship team, gave our team a pep talk before the 2003 Texas game, and appeared at several home Razorback games this last year.  You think having an NFL owner at games doesn't impress recruits?

Jerry Jones is an Arkansas boy and that shouldn't even have to be defended.

The Cowboys have to get the best players they can that address their needs.

Chill.  ;D
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

CusefaninAR

TulsaHogFan

That was what i was trying to say

RebelliousHog

As long time cowgirl hater (before Jones ever bought the team) it brings me joy to see them loose. With that said Jones/Parcells first responsibility is to build the team, not make Arkansans happy. The 'girls made it known early on that defense was a critical area.

I thought they treated Clint poorly. He could have contributed as much some of the QBs they used.

I also think that Bledsoe will do OK in the Parcells system. A mobile QB has never been a prerequisite for Parcells.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Mr A Ziffell

Of all the things said in this thread...The main thing I agree with is the title... ::)

Fletch

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 24, 2005, 09:17:49 pm
yes he does or should . arkansas people make up a good portion of dallas fan base .don't believe it look how ark. fans took over the s.w.c tourny in basketball . we have a large fan base in that part of texas .it looks bad when a former player & supporter want draft ARK. players .i can't find a hog
that has been drafted by dallas since jones has been the owner .
I am a Cowboys fan but it is not just Jones that won't draft Hogs. Cowboys have a long term history of not drafting Hogs going back to Schramm and Landry. One of my high school teachers 20 years ago said he didn't like the Cowboys because they never drafted Razorbacks. I don't know if it is coincidence or what.
I feel like $100

Razorback Jedi

Mr A Ziffell

I agree, 100%.

MJ2

Jerry is a total IDIOT!!!!    He had the world in his hands and squandered it away due to Parcells.   Parcells will be gone next year (after another losing season) and Jerry will be wondering why he didn't pick the Rookie of the Year (MJ).

I am personally burning all my Boyz stuff and becoming a Jag!

Go MJ!

Brett Hitman Hog

Being that I'm not a Cowboy fan I'm glad they didn't get Matt so I wouldn't be forced to watch their games.  However, are you guys kidding me?  They had a pretty damn good draft for what they needed.  They got their 2 highest rated players and picked them in such a way no team would steal the other.  It was a calculated gamble in the first round that was a fantastic strategy. 

You guys that are crying because no Hog Player was drafted to "your" team is the stupid damn thing I've ever read.  Decori in the later rounds would be a perfect fit?  He was a fine college player, but he won't do much as a pro.  I love the hogs, but not all of them will amount to much in the NFL.  He may be a practice squader or special teams maybe, but that's it.  So you guy burn your Cowboy crap, it will just pollute the air.  That just shows you were never true fans at all and don't understand the NFL.

rathog1

Quote from: CusefaninAR on April 24, 2005, 09:49:20 pm
Well, you go ahead and boycott the Cowboys and see who falls in line behind you. You sure are getting alot of support on this board, aren't you?

What's wrong with you? Can't you see that Jerry Jones is conspiring to destroy Arkansas. It's a secret organization, Mel Kiper Jr. is the leader, they have meetings where all the Networks and announcers get together and decide how they can destroy Arkansas.
Hogking 7-09-05
11:42:25 PM
this will be a 1998 type season maybe better

RiverRatHog

The NFL is a business.  Most fans (and ALL the NFL teams) don't care which school someone is from as long they are putting up a W at the end of the day.  They are trying to win and to do that you need the best athletes at their respective position.  Just because Jerry is from Arkansas doesn't mean he should have an all-Arkansas roster. That is the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

I can see it now.  Jerry, Bill, and the rest of the coaches in the war room trying to decide who they are going to draft and invest millions of dollars on.  I don't think Parcells gives a rat's ass if Matt or DeCori is still on the board if they don't need them.  Jerry needs to stay out of it and let Bill build this team on players not their alma mater.

davis01

Dallas is pathetic.  They haven't even had a decent quarterback over the last 5 years.  The  team has went totally south since the Landry, Johnson, and Switzer days.  Jerry Jones needs to stick with what he does best, business and land deals.  He doesn't recognize a good athlete when he sees one.

CusefaninAR

Did you have season tickets that you gave up because of it?

Big Papa Satan

If Dallas sucks, the rest of the NFL swallows.

S.P.A.M. Hog

Who cares......you guys are talking about a team that has not mattered in the last 50 years! Well, I take that back....they have NEVER mattered! Texas Stadium could colapse into the earth and my day would be just FINE! I agree with MR.Z....the only thing in this thread that mattered, was the title!
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

Hawgdawgrain

Fellas...the bitterness....

Dallas can't help the fact that they've been to more Super Bowls than any other team in the NFL...

They're just committed to excellence...

Sorry your teams are slackers...but that's just the way things are...

Just like Mort shut up Torri Holt with plain statistics...so I shutteth thy mouth with this...

8 Super Bowls...5 Super Bowl Wins...8 NFC Chamionships...18 NFC East Division Titles...

ALL WITHIN THE LAST 50 YEARS Hogfanjr!!!!!!! Hahahaha

Counseling

RebelliousHog

I don't deny the cowgirls success. They have/had a great system and good coaching over the years. That doesn't mean I want them shoved down my throat. KATV and the Dem/Gaz. has something about them every week during the NFL season. It's like they are the only team in the NFL worth reporting about.  I suspect that may change with MJ going to Jax.

I felt the same way about the St. Louis Cards baseball when I was young. It was like they were the only team around. 
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Flatfoot

Dallas not getting Jones as we all agree a big mistake.  IMHO I think they couldn't touch Jones because of the last so called dope smoking QB/Athlete they had in Quincy Carter.  Not taking Jones will still cost the Cowboys plenty in the future.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Mr A Ziffell

The title of this thread just keeps drawing my attention...Reminds me of that Chicago song...Make Me Smile...
Also, are you trying to say there are other baseball teams out there?

RebelliousHog

April 26, 2005, 12:51:51 pm #37 Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 08:49:59 pm by maintube
LOL.Yeah the Dodgers.

The cowgirls are probably not sweating about if they passed on MJ or not. The paper said today (no surprise) that the 'girls met the needs they had.  Also the Dallas Morning News last week quoted the 'girls as looking into D needs first.

All you cowgirl fans need to get over MJ not going there. The NFL is about (A) winning and losing, (B) making money for the owners, and (C) loyalty to a university is not a consideration.

tophawg19

April 26, 2005, 01:04:54 pm #38 Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 01:10:54 pm by tophawg19
You can't tell me some of the razorback players that went in the draft the past few years
wouldn't have been a good fit . i can't find a razorback player on any of the past draft sheets
for Dallas . This doesn't make sense buisness or otherwise . in buisness you take care of your home marketing region 1st of which ark. is part of . in drafting players if two are close in talent you go with regional choices .Ive already been smited 23 times but the facts are the cowboys are 1 of few teams
who will not draft Ark . players so it's no help in recruiting if J.J shows up at the U.OF A . I would like to know who was the last hog drafted by dallas & how many other teams have since then.

texhog

I have been LMFAO reading some of these genius posts about some sort of conspiricy the Cowboys have about not drafting Razorbacks.  As if the perfect fit in a Hog uniform came up in their draft pick but JJ said "yeah I know we really need this guy, but he is from Arkansas so we can't draft him".  Well hell, the Cowboys didn't draft a single player from Texas, Texas A&M, or Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, SMU, Oklahoma, or Oklahoma State this year.  I bet all those fans are up in arms calling for a boycott of the Cowboys.  Now that would be a big impact.  I really don't think the success of the Cowboys organization is dependent on the Arkansas fan base.  Clearly JJ and BP are trying to build the best possible team with the best players available.  They really don't give a damn about what college they went to and how it might hurt the college fans little feelings.  That's a business decision.

By the way, Stoerner had a pretty damn good opportunity with the Cowboys but couldn't even beat out QCar or Chad Huchinson.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: maintube on April 26, 2005, 09:53:39 amIt's like they are the only team in the NFL worth reporting about.

They aren't?

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 24, 2005, 08:15:29 pm
once again dallas has refused to draft a single ark. player .their fan base is falling in ark. because
of this .teams like philly, pitt ,seattle ,& denver are gaining fans because the do pick ARK. kids
and our fans remain loyal after college .

Thank god they did not draft Matt, I would have a real problem trying to watch Cowboy games and cheer for the Cowboys. Thank you Jerry Jones, my two favorite teams remain the Packes and whoever is beating Dallas that week. Oh and I will watch the Jags with interest also. ;D

RebelliousHog

QuoteThank god they did not draft Matt, I would have a real problem trying to watch Cowboy games and cheer for the Cowboys. Thank you Jerry Jones, my two favorite teams remain the Packes and whoever is beating Dallas that week. Oh and I will watch the Jags with interest also. Grin

Amen to that.
Say Larry. What did you think of the Packers draft? I really thought they needed D help more than a back-up QB

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Larry the Cable Hog on April 26, 2005, 07:53:19 pmThank god they did not draft Matt

I don't think God had anything to do with it.

If He did, Jones would be in Dallas, after all, Texas Stadium has a hole in the roof so God can watch His favorite team.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: DR on April 26, 2005, 09:07:39 pm
Quote from: Larry the Cable Hog on April 26, 2005, 07:53:19 pmThank god they did not draft Matt

I don't think God had anything to do with it.

If He did, Jones would be in Dallas, after all, Texas Stadium has a hole in the roof so God can watch His favorite team.

I think that hole is so he can take a leak on the Cowboys.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Larry the Cable Hog on April 26, 2005, 09:34:13 pm

I think that hole is so he can take a leak on the Cowboys.

Considering that Dallas has five Lombardi Landry trophies, it hasn't happened yet.

hawgfan_18

i've been wondering this for awhile. How did Jerry Jones go from playing for the Hogs to owning the Dallas Cowboys???

tophawg19

tex hog .the comment in CASE you can't understand is they have NEVER drafted a razorback
at least not in all the years i can find .
kdhog you really bring a lot to the conversation you brought up great points .loved your facts took you a while to come up with all the info. and smite away cause i don't give a S.H.I...T