Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We Need Mike & Mike on ESPN back on in the morning in NW Ark

Started by Hoggy Bear, April 23, 2005, 01:30:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy Bear

Push Press Row back to later on in the morning.  Mike & Mike is entertaining.  Press Row is just stale in the morning. 

DillNisWillN28

Im not giving up Cowheard for Press Row.  If you want to listen to Mike and Mike get Sirius or Xm radio.  This is the best time slot for Press Row and after all these years of adjustment they have finally got it right.  Moving press row isnt going to chage the fact that you think its Stale.  If you think its stale be a man and tell them to take the show off the radio!!!

CusefaninAR

Listening to cats fighting is better than listening to Cowherd.  What a moron.  Mike and Mike followed by Press Row followed by Dan Patrick would be so much better than what they have now.

DillNisWillN28

Anybody that like FOOTBALL wants to have Cowterd on the radio.  Besides that the guy is entertaining.  Like I said get your ass a XM radio and you can make your own lineup.  Its not my fault the bartender cut you off last night!!!

CusefaninAR

If I want to hear about how someone has to clean up after his kid pukes all over the place, I'll listen to Cowherd.  If I want to hear sports, I'll listen to Press Row, thanks.

hog giddy

why don't you call in then if the show gets stale, i like it

DillNisWillN28

As if Press Row talks about sports the entire 2 hours???  Dont be upset at me because the cards couldnt win one game in the world series!!!  Cowterd tells it like it is and puts a twist on sports.  I really thought Sportsbash should have been on a 9 but Cowterd has grown on me.  The guys at ESPN know what there doing so just go with it.  If you want I will buy you a Cowterd shirt off ESPNRADIO.COM

CusefaninAR

I think the staleness can be attributed to Bo Mattingly.  Mike knows sports.  Bo does not.

CusefaninAR

Quote from: DillNisWillN28 on April 23, 2005, 02:45:14 pm
As if Press Row talks about sports the entire 2 hours??? Dont be upset at me because the cards couldnt win one game in the world series!!! Cowterd tells it like it is and puts a twist on sports. I really thought Sportsbash should have been on a 9 but Cowterd has grown on me. The guys at ESPN know what there doing so just go with it. If you want I will buy you a Cowterd shirt off ESPNRADIO.COM.

And I'm sure you were a Patriots fan before Parcells showed up.  Read some of the other posts on Cowherd and you will see that you are in the minority on this issue.  I don't really care if Press Row stays on the air or not.  Mike and Mike shouldn't have been taken off, but if Press Row is going to stay, it needs to be moved to Cowherd's spot, and Cowherd needs to be setting pins in a bowling alley.  He is stealing his salary from ESPN.

DillNisWillN28

O come on now BO KNOWS......  Ok your right!!!!  Bo needs to expand his sports knowledge a little.  But BO is from Florida and they have no sports culture there because there to busy going to the beach. 

DillNisWillN28

Actually I have been a Patriots fan since 1992 so yeah the TUNA was there.  I moved here from Maine so maybe thats why I can stand Cowterd.  And for the stealing salary thing...  If you can get away with it go for it!!! 

SiriusHog™

here's the lineup in my perfect world:

5am-9am mike and mike
9am-11am press row
11am-2pm Jim Rome
2pm-5pm nothing because DP and sportsbash both suck balls..

rack me, out

Buck Ocean

Quote5am-9am mike and mike
9am-11am press row
11am-2pm Jim Rome
2pm-5pm nothing because DP and sportsbash both suck balls..

Kudos!!

2PM-5PM  Buck Ocean's Defcon 5

Coming Soon!!!!
Think like a Jedi

mikeirwin

Quote from: Hoggy Bear on April 23, 2005, 01:30:50 pm
Push Press Row back to later on in the morning. Mike & Mike is entertaining. Press Row is just stale in the morning.
That's because we're asleep. Just like most of you out there on I 540. Sure wouldn't bother me to go two hours later but I doubt the BBC would go for it.

WindyCityHog

I got to agree....rather than 7-9, I would rather see Press Row  betwen 8-10 or 9-11......but that's just because of my work hours.  Here in Chicago,,,,,we do not Cowherd.  I've never heard him......out of state, I's starved for any Hog info....

DillNisWillN28

Seeing that people are saying the show gets stale at times you need to bring in Buck Ocean and make him a partner of the show.  Im positive that Buck has as much sports knowledge as Bo. And on Mondays Buck could do the Bobbie Sox report!!!  He can let us all know what happened on FREAKY PAJAMA FRIDAY... And tell Butler to get a new studio/radar tower and have them throw you in one of those nice leather chairs.  Anyway give Buck a shot at the full time gig!!!

Im down with Jim Rome!!!

mikeirwin

Quote from: DillNisWillN28 on April 23, 2005, 11:39:09 pm
Seeing that people are saying the show gets stale at times you need to bring in Buck Ocean and make him a partner of the show.
I want to hear Buck doing Mark Seifert's take on Matt and the draft.
GOOSERS !!!!

g.lynn

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

There is nothing wrong with the Hogs, that cannot be cured by what is right with the Hogs!

Hoggy Bear

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 23, 2005, 11:16:04 pm
Push Press Row back to later on in the morning. Mike & Mike is entertaining. Press Row is just stale in the morning.
That's because we're asleep. Just like most of you out there on I 540. Sure wouldn't bother me to go two hours later but I doubt the BBC would go for it.

Who do we call to try to get you guys moved?  What's the #?

Illinihog

Mike and Mike Blow, CowTURD, is an abosolute moron.  This past football season the one day I listened to him(nothing else on and traveling) he tried to talk college football, and all he did was pimp Cal and USC and how they would beat any SEC Team blah blah blah, his voice gets annonying and I don't care to hear about his kids.  Besides you can listen to all ESPN Radio on the net also.   I preferred Tony K. and Old Man Radio.  Press Row works because it is local sports.  If I want national i'll watch PTI or read the sports sites on the web.  BTW, Tim Brando's show isn't to bad heard it a couple of times.

S.P.A.M. Hog

Razor....you got the picture. ESPN radio has a following, 96.3 thought Bo and Mike could get better ratings than the IDIOTS that are on ESPN. Simple economics. For my listening pleasure, I tune into Press Row in the morning and listen to Chuck at night. That's it for sports radio. Everytime I listen to ESPN radio they are talking about  teams and sports that I don't care about. I just end up turning them off and listening to talk radio or tunes.
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

Geohul

If you miss MIKE AND MIKE, you can listen on the net, or watch them on espn news.  If you have a problem with Press Row, don't listen to them it's that simple.  I like the show and have listened since it was Irwin and Olmstead.  My favorite was when Olmstead would call Bo and wake him up on the air.  I had to stop listening to Press Row when I got my new car because evidentley a new car does not = good AM reception.  I was thrilled when 96.3 came on the air.  Then when they decided to put press row on their station I was excited.  I missed the show and am glad to have it back.  For all yall in the river valley give it time to grow on you.  It's a good show.  As far as the criticism of Bo goes, he's a PERSONALITY, not a sports encyclopedia.  Give the guy a break he does his job (bringing dicussion to the show) and he does it well.  I hope they keep the show on 96.3.  Good Job guys.

Buck Ocean

QuoteMike and Mike Blow, CowTURD, is an abosolute moron.  This past football season the one day I listened to him(nothing else on and traveling) he tried to talk college football, and all he did was pimp Cal and USC and how they would beat any SEC Team blah blah blah, his voice gets annonying and I don't care to hear about his kids.  Besides you can listen to all ESPN Radio on the net also.   I preferred Tony K. and Old Man Radio.  Press Row works because it is local sports.  If I want national i'll watch PTI or read the sports sites on the web.  BTW, Tim Brando's show isn't to bad heard it a couple of times.

Screw Buck Ocean.........Illinihog has it figured out!!!

Kudos on the Tim Brando also.....I listen whenever I can when I'm in Florida
QuoteAs far as the criticism of Bo goes, he's a PERSONALITY, not a sports encyclopedia.  Give the guy a break he does his job (bringing dicussion to the show) and he does it well.

Kudos!

I
Think like a Jedi

mikeirwin

Quote from: Geohul on April 26, 2005, 10:54:16 am
If you miss MIKE AND MIKE, you can listen on the net, or watch them on espn news. If  As far as the criticism of Bo goes, he's a PERSONALITY, not a sports encyclopedia. Give the guy a break he does his job (bringing dicussion to the show) and he does it well. I hope they keep the show on 96.3. Good Job guys.
That's the best thing I've read about Bo in a long time. That guy is a total workaholic. If you guys knew all the behind the scenes stuff he does to try to make that show a little better it would boggle your mind. It's 10 times harder to host a show than it is to sit there and make comments like I do.

Illinihog

Bravo Irwin, it is a lot harder to produce a show than just make comments or nitpick like some on here can do.   In a way with all the discussion about the show no way they get rid of it, it's creating a buzz.  And a buzz gets ratings.

Geohul

jkcrunch

I would rather Press Row stay right where it is I only get to listen on the drive into work. Yes, Mike I am asleep on I540 fortunately the road is relatively straight so it is easy to keep it between the ditches.   I will to make a call now and then.   

Geohul

I get to listen everyday from 7 to 7:30. I try to keep up w/ the show by reading the thread on this board.  Then about 3 times a week I hear the whole show. Wish I could call but I can't.  Just know I'll keep listening as long as you guys have a forum.  Thanks for the great show.

Geohul

Also Buck Oceans Siefert is one of the Top 5 funny moments in the totallity of Press Rows history.  Frickin' Sweet!  Is that him(Buck) when you guys play the "Ronnie Brewer 18 points/game  at Oklahoma" bumper.

hogsanity

Maybe Press Row wouldnt be stale if the callers were better.  I dont know what they were like before Press Row came on in the Ft Smith area, but it sound slike they picked up alot of the Morning Huddle callers.  If i had to choose between the morning huddle and driving off a bridge, Ill take my chances off the bridge.

Just like this morning, good topic about what it takes to bring in top flight recruits, and in the 35 minutes I listened, not one call that made a lick of sense.  Just more Nutt cant do this, or Heath really sucks, or Bob Stoops could get em here.  Well guess what, Stoops aint here, he aint coming here, and neither is any other high profile guy.  Maybe, if the people of Arkansas could promote their state better, we could help get more out of state recruits.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

MBAHog

Quote from: Illinihog on April 26, 2005, 02:12:33 pm
Bravo Irwin, it is a lot harder to produce a show than just make comments or nitpick like some on here can do. In a way with all the discussion about the show no way they get rid of it, it's creating a buzz. And a buzz gets ratings.

My biggest gripe isn't about the topics covered...I understand that by listening to Press Row (which I do every morning), I'm not going to get anything intelligent when it comes to non-Razorback related sports.  I understand that.  I also know I'm going to get much more on Hog stuff than I would anywhere else.  However, I do feel like more often than not, I have to listen to Bo and/or Mike complaining about how difficult it is to do their job and explaining/defending themselves to what people are saying about them or the topics on here.  I assume they realize that the majority of Hog fans do NOT post on message boards.  I understand the partnership between Press Row and the Hogville, which is a great thing, especially if I ever move away from Arkansas.  However, I truly don't believe that any message board is a true representation of Razorback fans as a whole. 

MBAHog

Quote from: hogsanity on April 26, 2005, 03:05:18 pm
Maybe Press Row wouldnt be stale if the callers were better. I dont know what they were like before Press Row came on in the Ft Smith area, but it sound slike they picked up alot of the Morning Huddle callers. If i had to choose between the morning huddle and driving off a bridge, Ill take my chances off the bridge.

Just like this morning, good topic about what it takes to bring in top flight recruits, and in the 35 minutes I listened, not one call that made a lick of sense. Just more Nutt cant do this, or Heath really sucks, or Bob Stoops could get em here. Well guess what, Stoops aint here, he aint coming here, and neither is any other high profile guy. Maybe, if the people of Arkansas could promote their state better, we could help get more out of state recruits.

Another question.  Why is it so difficult to get callers?  It seems like on SportsRap and Drive Time don't ever have problems.  Is that just because of the larger audience?

hogsanity

Quote from: MBAHog on April 26, 2005, 03:07:01 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on April 26, 2005, 03:05:18 pm
Maybe Press Row wouldnt be stale if the callers were better. I dont know what they were like before Press Row came on in the Ft Smith area, but it sound slike they picked up alot of the Morning Huddle callers. If i had to choose between the morning huddle and driving off a bridge, Ill take my chances off the bridge.

Just like this morning, good topic about what it takes to bring in top flight recruits, and in the 35 minutes I listened, not one call that made a lick of sense. Just more Nutt cant do this, or Heath really sucks, or Bob Stoops could get em here. Well guess what, Stoops aint here, he aint coming here, and neither is any other high profile guy. Maybe, if the people of Arkansas could promote their state better, we could help get more out of state recruits.

Another question. Why is it so difficult to get callers? It seems like on SportsRap and Drive Time don't ever have problems. Is that just because of the larger audience?

Sportsrap takes alot of good callers, but Drive time has the same 4 callers every freaking day.  Drive time is 4th in my book behind Sportsrap, Press row, and the Huddle, and I already said how I feel about them.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Geohul

Bigger Audience, best possible time slot for both shows(DT and Sportswrap). Mike and Bo have had to contend w/ a subpar station for 4 years now.  You could only get reception in rogers or ceartin parts af Fville. Give them time to develop the new audience. Now that they are on in FS they'll gain more listeners and therefore receive more calls. 

Hoggimistic

Ouch!!  I feel sorry for any show ranked behind "The Huddle."

I'm sorry, but Marty is the most uninformed man I have ever listened to.  I think all he does is read the paper in the morning for his info, and he still manages to butcher it. 

However, If you ever want to act 10, it's lots of fun to prank call.

hogsanity

Dont get me wrong, I like Marty.  My wife used to work at 46 with him and he was always cordial to me a never rude to her ( or he wouldnt be around now ), but man that show is a huge waste of airtime.  That one guy big12northmike is the reason I quit listening.  Everydau we had to hear from him about KS bb or NEB FB and i guess he couldnt figure out NO ONE CARES.

DT is the same way - everyday at 4:22 Forrest City Joe calls whining about NUtt or Heath, then he realizes how stupid he sounds and starts backpedelling on everything he just said.  Man it is okay to sound stupid just stand up and take the recoil when you do. 

Chucks the best, he will let you go to make your point, then if he feels the need he drops the hammer on you, but ive never heard him cruch anyone who didnt deserve it.

g.lynn

That's the best thing I've read about Bo in a long time. That guy is a total workaholic. If you guys knew all the behind the scenes stuff he does to try to make that show a little better it would boggle your mind. It's 10 times harder to host a show than it is to sit there and make comments like I do.

Mike, I'd encourage Bo NOT spend so much air time responding to a negative 'thread' posted somewhere here on Hogville about him.

That's a turn off.  Why bring that stuff on air to Press Row?

I'm your age, but remember my dad saying that criticizing or complaining about a team member, a previous employer or a client/customer is sure to leave a bad impression. The result is that other team members, prospective employers or potential client/customers are left with the sense that the one criticizing may have a problem, or they are the problem.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

There is nothing wrong with the Hogs, that cannot be cured by what is right with the Hogs!

Hoggysoprano

WE need you to go back to Woopussy.

mikeirwin

Quote from: g.lynn on April 26, 2005, 06:09:29 pm

Mike, I'd encourage Bo NOT spend so much air time responding to a negative 'thread' posted somewhere here on Hogville about him.

That's a turn off. Why bring that stuff on air to Press Row?

I'm your age, but remember my dad saying that criticizing or complaining about a team member, a previous employer or a client/customer is sure to leave a bad impression. The result is that other team members, prospective employers or potential client/customers are left with the sense that the one criticizing may have a problem, or they are the problem.

I don't encourage Bo to do anything other than to be himself. As I've said before the ratings almost doubled the first book after we combined the two shows. So he doubles the audience and I'm gonna give him advice ?
No way.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Hoggimistic on April 26, 2005, 03:21:05 pm
Ouch!! I feel sorry for any show ranked behind "The Huddle."

I'm sorry, but Marty is the most uninformed man I have ever listened to. I think all he does is read the paper in the morning for his info, and he still manages to butcher it.

However, If you ever want to act 10, it's lots of fun to prank call.
I watch The Huddle every day. It's different and I like different. Marty works for me because he doesn't try to be anything other than what he is. And he is a really nice guy.
I also like it when Scott fills in. Callers can't figure him out. Even Grant who is a regular guest can't figure him out.
Grant apparently thought Scott was from Pennsylvania because he liked the Steelers.
I used to like the Red Sox when I was a kid. Maybe I was born in Boston and my parents kept it from me.

mikeirwin

Quote from: MBAHog on April 26, 2005, 03:05:39 pm
I understand the partnership between Press Row and the Hogville, which is a great thing, especially if I ever move away from Arkansas. However, I truly don't believe that any message board is a true representation of Razorback fans as a whole.
Hogville IS a representation of Razorback fans as a whole. We've got virtually every kind of fan here. Nutt lovers/haters/indifferent to Nutt. Frank's great and needs to be AD 10 more years. Frank's is awful and should have retired 10 years ago. The only thing missing here may be the casual fan who buys a ticket only when something big is happening. You know, the kind that leaves in the 6th inning so they can be the first out of the parking lot and the first to go shopping at the mall.

MBAHog

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 26, 2005, 11:30:46 pm
Quote from: MBAHog on April 26, 2005, 03:05:39 pm
I understand the partnership between Press Row and the Hogville, which is a great thing, especially if I ever move away from Arkansas. However, I truly don't believe that any message board is a true representation of Razorback fans as a whole.
Hogville IS a representation of Razorback fans as a whole. We've got virtually every kind of fan here. Nutt lovers/haters/indifferent to Nutt. Frank's great and needs to be AD 10 more years. Frank's is awful and should have retired 10 years ago. The only thing missing here may be the casual fan who buys a ticket only when something big is happening. You know, the kind that leaves in the 6th inning so they can be the first out of the parking lot and the first to go shopping at the mall.

Mike, I heard you on the show this morning talking about this, and knew you were responding to me.  I'm not disagreeing with you.  I understand there is the full range of views on Hogville, but I definitely don't think that the ratios are the same as the general public.  I would say that, in general, there is a higher percentage of those who dislike Stan and Nutt on message boards than in the general population.  Usually it's those who want their voice heard when they're unhappy.  The people who are fine with the status quo, many times wouldn't show up to just say "we're happy."  That's the feeling I get.

Buck Ocean

QuoteOuch!!  I feel sorry for any show ranked behind "The Huddle."

I'm sorry, but Marty is the most uninformed man I have ever listened to.  I think all he does is read the paper in the morning for his info, and he still manages to butcher it. 

Well, Colin Cowturd definitely ranks behind "The Huddle", but for all intentions, I'm not feeling sorry for some Las Vegas vagabond on ESPNRadio.

Think like a Jedi

Kodiak

Quote from: Hogfanjr on April 26, 2005, 08:29:03 am
I tune into Press Row in the morning and listen to Chuck at night. That's it for sports radio. Everytime I listen to ESPN radio they are talking about teams and sports that I don't care about.
KUDOS, DITTO. and all that other stuff you say right now.
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

Hoggy Bear

I didn't say pull the show off the air.  But for the time slot and quality of the show, Mike and Mike is a much better overall sports show.  Early in the morning, you want a broader overview of sports in general, not necessarily a rant and rave about Razorbacks sports and what Stan Heath tried to hide or didn't hide from the media.

ARKCHIEFFAN

I love the show. The only time I consider turning it off is when the Jr. Clanton commercial comes on in NWA. It's been running for over a year now and it wasn't funny then and isn't now. I wish we could somehow get Tony K. at somepoint during the day.

Geohul

Quote from: Hoggy Bear on April 28, 2005, 07:09:42 am
I didn't say pull the show off the air. But for the time slot and quality of the show, Mike and Mike is a much better overall sports show. Early in the morning, you want a broader overview of sports in general, not necessarily a rant and rave about Razorbacks sports and what Stan Heath tried to hide or didn't hide from the media.
Hoggy Bear, I also like Mike and Mike, BUT I think Press Row is a better show for Razorback fans.  If it's specifically Mike and Mike you miss, maybe you could think about XM radio, or listening to them on the net. My wife has XM in her car and it's pretty cool.   Mike and Bo's show caters to Hog fans.  That's their demographic.  I like their time slot. I'm not against Mike and Mike but I think Hog fans get more from Press Row.

MBAHog

Quote from: Geohul on April 28, 2005, 12:17:58 pm
I didn't say pull the show off the air. But for the time slot and quality of the show, Mike and Mike is a much better overall sports show. Early in the morning, you want a broader overview of sports in general, not necessarily a rant and rave about Razorbacks sports and what Stan Heath tried to hide or didn't hide from the media.
Hoggy Bear, I also like Mike and Mike, BUT I think Press Row is a better show for Razorback fans. If it's specifically Mike and Mike you miss, maybe you could think about XM radio, or listening to them on the net. My wife has XM in her car and it's pretty cool. Mike and Bo's show caters to Hog fans. That's their demographic. I like their time slot. I'm not against Mike and Mike but I think Hog fans get more from Press Row.

Why do people always make the suggestion "well if you like mike and mike, then get XM radio."  you guys realize that costs money and you have to get specific equipment.  It's not like saying "just change the station." 

Geohul

Quote from: MBAHog on April 28, 2005, 04:16:04 pm
Quote from: Geohul on April 28, 2005, 12:17:58 pm
Hoggy Bear, I also like Mike and Mike, BUT I think Press Row is a better show for Razorback fans. If it's specifically Mike and Mike you miss, maybe you could think about XM radio, or listening to them on the net. My wife has XM in her car and it's pretty cool. Mike and Bo's show caters to Hog fans. That's their demographic. I like their time slot. I'm not against Mike and Mike but I think Hog fans get more from Press Row.

Why do people always make the suggestion "well if you like mike and mike, then get XM radio." you guys realize that costs money and you have to get specific equipment. It's not like saying "just change the station."
Mba... I was just offering a suggetion.  Yes XM does cost money.  I know it does because as I said above my wife has XM in her car.  But to answer your question we make this suggestion because we are too polite to say "You like Mike and Mike?  Tough $hit! Press Row is here to stay.  Deal with it."  I try to avoid being rude but, when my hand is forced.......