Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus Britt deserves a shot at the starting PG position...

Started by UAfan, December 22, 2007, 09:42:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UAfan

He doesn't turn the ball over and plays some hard nosed defense.  We saw what App. State could do with some good PG play.  If we had a true PG this team would be totally different.

Oh yeah and please quit with all the negative crap.  Let's wait until we get into some SEC play before we start making assumptions.  Yeah this loss hurts, but App. State would have beat a lot of good teams today.

Go Hogs.  Go Pel.  Win the West.  :razorback:

Spider-Pig

He has surprised me and he does play with a lot of energy

UAfan

I could care less if he scores a lot of pts. or not.  As long as he is smart with the ball and distributes to the play makers than I am perfectly fine with that.

forrest city joe

Quote from: UAfan on December 22, 2007, 09:44:38 pm
I could care less if he scores a lot of pts. or not.  As long as he is smart with the ball and distributes to the play makers than I am perfectly fine with that.
I would love to see it. he is already the best defensive player on this team.i saw him many times in HS. i know he can shoot it better than he has. he can help this team. hope Pel will make some line-up changes.

rude1

Britt is not the answer, and this team lacks much more than a point guard too IMHO. There isn't an all around player on this team. One that can shoot, pass, defend, rebound and have court awareness. As a matter of fact you can find no more than one or two of these skills in any  given player on this team.

Prosciutto

I think we need some perimeter help. It is hard to find a good shooter who is quick enough to play defense.

forrest city joe

They are not playing any defense anyway.why not give a guy like NR a shot. he was recruited as a shooter.and so was the Foreign young man. defense has to come first.but we do need someone who can shoot the ball from outside.

dakpowers

Quote from: rude1 on December 22, 2007, 09:53:15 pm
One that can shoot, pass, defend, rebound and have court awareness.
Well... We've got five players who can each do one of those things!

:P

BigHog396

Quote from: rude1 on December 22, 2007, 09:53:15 pm
Britt is not the answer, and this team lacks much more than a point guard too IMHO. There isn't an all around player on this team. One that can shoot, pass, defend, rebound and have court awareness. As a matter of fact you can find no more than one or two of these skills in any  given player on this team.
So you don't think he is any better than Welsh or Ervin?  Both of those two are way to turnover prone, and I absolutely can't stand the way Ervin over-plays.  I have never seen a 6' guard that refuses to quit driving way too far into the lane every time he turns around.  You can count on him driving way too deep at least 3 or 4 times per game, and there is really no excuse for it.  We have seen him do that the entire time he has been on campus, and neither coach has been able to get him under control.

Britt seems to bring a tremendous, under control, energy to the court.  The kid is an excellent defender from what we have seen so far, and looks like he could be a pretty good PG.  We know what we are going to get (or not going to get as the case is here) with Ervin and Welsh, might as well give Britt an opportunity to see what he can bring to the table.