Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What?!? No Game Thread? I'll start it the. Official Game Thread AR vs Ap. St.

Started by kimjongsqUeAl, December 22, 2007, 03:28:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue E NoNutts

Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

Lose/Loose.  When you lose weight, your pants feel loose.

PorkRyan

Where are the in game adjustments from Pelphrey? 

This is ridiculous and unacceptable.

TRUHOG718

http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

kimjongsqUeAl

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

grayhawg

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Oliver

kimjongsqUeAl

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Oliver

Quote from: SteveInArk on December 22, 2007, 04:00:54 pm
Ap St is 61% from the field.... we are 47% (not that bad)

That 47% isn't impressive when you break down the type of shots we've made.  If you take away easy transition baskets and offensive put-backs, we can't throw the ball into the ocean.

GabeMartini

This is unacceptable. I'm not sure Pelphrey can do anything about them not making any shots, but for darn's sake they better start playing some phreaking defense. This is why OU trampled us, as well. You can kiss the SEC and the dance goodbye this year. We need fresh blood.

PorcineSublime

Maybe they will play a little more sharply in the second half since they are losing five pounds of hiney in the lockerroom right now. Either Heath was a better coach than given credit for, or these guys are underachieving even more for Pel. That was one of the worst half court defenses I have witnessed in years at AR. Better step it up in the second half or it will be an EPSN highlight. They  love to show AR doing poorly in any sport at the moment.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

SteveInArk

Quote from: Oliver Miller on December 22, 2007, 04:02:14 pm
That 47% isn't impressive when you break down the type of shots we've made.  If you take away easy transition baskets and offensive put-backs, we can't throw the ball into the ocean.

Agree with that, and Beverly on the bench isn't helping. 
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

hogsanity

I am tired of the guards doubling down and leaving shooters wide open.  If the inside guys can not man up and play 1 on 1 defense, then find someone who can.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Smithian

Beverley will be big in the second half.

Time to start doubling Butts.

chiefsfan

Pel better have some sort of halftime adjustment ready.   Otherwise we are going to get run out of the building.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: hogsanity on December 22, 2007, 04:08:11 pm
I am tired of the guards doubling down and leaving shooters wide open.  If the inside guys can not man up and play 1 on 1 defense, then find someone who can.
It would help if we had a post man that would stay in the post as well. SHill cannot resist flashing for the steal like he is a point guard. Why a 7 footer is 40 feet out on the floor is beyind me.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

PorkRyan

I was all for Inman getting the PBP job over Chuck, but truth is, neither one of them are very good. 

alohawg

IMO, all the practice in the world isn't going to fix the real problem. At some point you are forced to deal with the reality that this NOT a talented group with the exception of.......drum roll  P. Beverly.
When you combine average athletes(at this level) with below average b-ball IQ's who seem to be in another zone most of the time, the result is not pretty. Just yesterday I thought this does not appear to be one of the 6-8 best team in the SEC and there is a good chance this team doesn't make the tourney this year. But that's just what I see when I watch them, prove me wrong guys, please.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Kevin

i love how some of your are ready to turn on a coach at the drop of a hat.

this team is not that good.  we have limited senior players.

how about bashing the coach when his own recruits are here.

quit acting like uk wildcat fans
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

forrest city joe

Quote from: PorkRyan on December 22, 2007, 03:57:17 pm
Where are the in game adjustments from Pelphrey? 

This is ridiculous and unacceptable.
It's not Pel and it"s not adjustments. we just do not have very good players. i have been watching other games today. Memphis has better players on their bench than we have starting.we should come back and win this game. but we have to give Pel time to get some players in here.

kimjongsqUeAl

- Thomas Jefferson

- God

Adam Stokes

Tennessee down by four with three to go is now up by three with :40 seconds to go.

SteveInArk

razorbackfan4life

no pg play or three point threat

all teams have to do is play a zone against us

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Sue E NoNutts

Quote from: PorkRyan on December 22, 2007, 04:11:19 pm
I was all for Inman getting the PBP job over Chuck, but truth is, neither one of them are very good. 

That's what I keep saying.  We need Steve Sullivan.
Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

Lose/Loose.  When you lose weight, your pants feel loose.

kimjongsqUeAl

- Thomas Jefferson

- God

Hollywood_HOGan45

PorkRyan

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 22, 2007, 04:13:39 pm
It's not Pel and it"s not adjustments. we just do not have very good players. i have been watching other games today. Memphis has better players on their bench than we have starting.we should come back and win this game. but we have to give Pel time to get some players in here.

So we aren't supposed to make any adjustments in a game because we don't have the talent level to match App State?

We are playing a 4-5 App St. team, if we lose to them it falls on the coach, period.  This performance is unacceptable.

Torqued pork

Quote from: Kevin on December 22, 2007, 04:13:08 pm

I haven't seen anyone giving up on Pelphry but losing to App. State at home with a VERY experienced team should cause everyone concern.

Kevin

kimjongsqUeAl

- Thomas Jefferson

- God

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Oliver

Quote from: Kevin on December 22, 2007, 04:13:08 pm

This team made the NCAA tournament last year!  We're losing by double digits to Appalachian State.  THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! 

jschulte

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on December 22, 2007, 04:18:35 pm
I haven't seen anyone giving up on Pelphry but losing to App. State at home with a VERY experienced team should cause everyone concern.

experience doesn't mean anything if your not good

Publius

Tomhog™

I don't see any hints that they are going to mount a comeback.  Hogs should just forfeit all road games if they are going to play like this away from BWA.  This unispired play by seniors is totally ridiculous.

kimjongsqUeAl

- Thomas Jefferson

- God

Adam Stokes

Oliver

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on December 22, 2007, 04:21:17 pm
are sucking because of the 2-3 zone app st is using??

We haven't been able to break a zone in over 10 years.

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: Oliver Miller on December 22, 2007, 04:20:44 pm
This team made the NCAA tournament last year!  We're losing by double digits to Appalachian State.  THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! 

We made it to the tourney and got our butts spanked.. we may not of even deserved to get in.. 

THIS TEAM HAS NO  CHAMPIONSHIP TALENT