Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HDTVs?

Started by bigheadred, December 19, 2007, 11:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigheadred

I ordered a Vizio hdtv from Dell. I was wondering do all the cables come with the tv? I was not sure if you had to buy them separate or not. I also bought a Yamaha surround sound system. ;D ;D ;D ;D
I am Bigheadred and I support this message. Yo soy el hombre.

SteveInArk

Quote from: bigheadred on December 19, 2007, 11:01:29 pm
I ordered a Vizio hdtv from Dell. I was wondering do all the cables come with the tv? I was not sure if you had to buy them separate or not. I also bought a Yamaha surround sound system. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Some HDTV's come with the HDMI cable (the one you will want to use, especially with sound system).... some don't.  And price is not necessarily the reason.  If it doesn't come with one, don't buy the $60 one at Best Buy.  Get one at Walmart for less than half the price (Phillips, I think), depending on the length you need.   ;)

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

bao187

Quote from: SteveInArk on December 19, 2007, 11:10:00 pm
Some HDTV's come with the HDMI cable (the one you will want to use, especially with sound system).... some don't.  And price is not necessarily the reason.  If it doesn't come with one, don't buy the $60 one at Best Buy.  Get one at Walmart for less than half the price (Phillips, I think), depending on the length you need.   ;)

if you have a Game X Change or Gamestop or any used video game retailer around you go there and buy a used PS3 or XBOX 360 HDMI cable for $20 they are just as good and all HDMI cables have the same hook up they are not allowed to be for one console or dvd player they have to be universal
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

ColumbianHog

You can also get cables cheap off Amazon.  I just got two HDMI cables yesterday for less than 20 bucks each.  My new TV looks so much better with the HDMI cables instead of analog video.

bigheadred

I want one that gives good quality but I want one at a reasonable rate.
I am Bigheadred and I support this message. Yo soy el hombre.

bao187

Vizio is a good TV thats a Great Choice
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

SteveInArk

The key is that HDMI cable to feed HD video and audio from your cable box/satellite HD unit to the new TV.  That is why most companies include it.

But your unique setup will determine what other cables might be needed (digital audio, optical audio, etc) to fully use the HDTV/Surround Sound capability.  Expect to buy some additional cabling for that, but the unit(s) instructions should be clear what to get.  But, at least, you will be watching HDTV while figuring out the full audio setup.  ;)

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

jbrinegar

get your cables from monoprice.com.  You can get high end cables for 10 bucks.  Go to avsforum for more info if needed