Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumor: Tommy T allegedly, perhaps, maybe meeting with Long [merged threads]

Started by bill55you, November 27, 2007, 10:01:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbybouchet

Am I the only one that has noticed Auburn's offense is boring, much like the Hogs?  I want something more wide open and exciting...

centertonhog

Quote from: MinowBucket on November 27, 2007, 11:14:29 am
He is a great coach, but I don't see us paying him enough to come here.

Its not all about money....sometimes it's about family (See Nutts Press Conference) and Tubb's wife's family is from this area and I'm sure she would like to be closer to them... 

LuckyGiraffe

Buying out TT would cost $3mil this year then $3mil next year, but I would be willing to bet that number is negotiable if AUB knows that they can land Petrino from ATL.

Beaverfever

Quote from: bobbybouchet on November 27, 2007, 11:18:51 am
Am I the only one that has noticed Auburn's offense is boring, much like the Hogs?  I want something more wide open and exciting...
Apparently you never watched any of the games in the Jason Campbell days.  That was a great offense.

Rooka

Quote from: bobbybouchet on November 27, 2007, 11:18:51 am
Am I the only one that has noticed Auburn's offense is boring, much like the Hogs?  I want something more wide open and exciting...
I wanna win.

Lard

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

bobbybouchet

Quote from: Death by Hog on November 27, 2007, 11:20:59 am
I wanna win.

I wanna win too, but not hope that it comes down to a last second field goal every game for a 10-7 win.  I'm ready for a blow the doors off offense.  Open up the checkbook for a good D coordinator.  I want to have this problem of scoring too fast.  Bring in Gus!

RT1941

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 27, 2007, 10:56:06 am
I wouldn't be surprised at all if tubbs wanted out of alabama with saban's arrival. 

Please man...  TT is very comfortable at Auburn even with Saban's arrival.  Also, why would TT want to start over with a program like UA?  All he does is "re-load" at Auburn to hear him tell it.
RazorTusk!!!!

Gas Can

Quote from: hawgfan923 on November 27, 2007, 11:19:09 am
Buying out TT would cost $3mil this year then $3mil next year, but I would be willing to bet that number is negotiable if AUB knows that they can land Petrino from ATL.

Then Auburn should pay Tuberville the $6mil, we paid HDN to leave.

MarionHawgFan

question would people be ok with hiring herring as the coach if he wins the Bowl Game?
It is not whether you win or lose it is how you play the game-  The guy that lost is the one that will say this.
I want to win.

Rooka

Quote from: bobbybouchet on November 27, 2007, 11:24:14 am
I wanna win too, but not hope that it comes down to a last second field goal every game for a 10-7 win.  I'm ready for a blow the doors off offense.  Open up the checkbook for a good D coordinator.  I want to have this problem of scoring too fast.  Bring in Gus!
Bring in a great D Coordinator and we'll talk. 

ProNutt

I agree!!

Quote from: HootieHaterfromALA on November 27, 2007, 10:38:50 am
Here is my pick:

<========================

Hardwork321

I heard Charlie Strong is moving up the list very fast.

beansandtaters

Quote from: Lard on November 27, 2007, 11:22:08 am
Our offense was awful in only one SEC game this year.....vs. Auburn.  Hmmmm.

You must have missed the game at Knoxville :)

blue

How do we know that Ole Miss did not Buy out Nutt. We can get it done.

prairiehogcompanion

This gang may not be able to shoot straight, but IF Tommy T is a top priority, there' s NO WAY they're waiting until the weekend to talk with him.

Get real.

prairiehogcompanion

This gang may not be able to shoot straight, but if Tommy T is a top priority, there's NO WAY they're waiting until the weekend to talk with him.

Get real.

WarEagle

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 27, 2007, 10:56:06 am
I wouldn't be surprised at all if tubbs wanted out of alabama with saban's arrival. 

Since coming to Auburn, Tub is 4-2 against $aban, and Bama finished their season on a four game losing streak.  Auburn has beaten Bama six years in a row (and counting).

Why, exactly would Tub be scared of $aban?  And why do some of you think we would just let Tub go without the full buyout?

Tub and our AD talked yesterday and are talking again today about an extension, facility upgrades and raises.

Sure, it is still possible that things fall apart and Tub leaves Auburn, but I really don't see it.
I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin

GiantFoamFingerMak

Quote from: Hardwork321 on November 27, 2007, 11:54:03 am
I heard Charlie Strong is moving up the list very fast.

that tends to happen when you don't have a plan and need to settle for whoever will take a call from you
Definition of HDN:  "College football's most aptly-surnamed sideline stalker twitches and fidgets like a snake-handling minister preaching a revival in a circus tent by the river while taking crystal meth and being jabbed in the backside by a cattle prod."

PORKER1

Muschamp would be a great hire, but their probably trying to get the cheapest person they can find. The Nuttster took all our money with him. 

biggiepiggie

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 27, 2007, 10:55:56 am
Even though its impossible.  THAT scenario would be awesome and so hilarious.

What is going on here?  We're playing musical coaches.

resqnu911

I had a friend in Bama just call me and say their radio station was reporting that unless you hear Auburn speak up and lock TT in (raise, extension, etc) that he was headed to Fayetteville.  As of now, nothing coming from Auburn.

Dixie Chicken

HWY 7

JJ, TT, or GM- any of the three and its a very merry christmas for me.

Semper Hogelis

I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

WarEagle

Quote from: resqnu911 on November 27, 2007, 12:36:02 pm
I had a friend in Bama just call me and say their radio station was reporting that unless you hear Auburn speak up and lock TT in (raise, extension, etc) that he was headed to Fayetteville.  As of now, nothing coming from Auburn.

Correction.  You have a friend in Bama PRAYING that TT goes to Fayetville.  After $aban the savior took their four million dollars and gave them six wins, six losses and a sixth loss to Auburn, the Bammers are desperate.  A lot of the rumors you heard earlier in the month about Tub to A&M came from Alabama media hoping if they repeated it enough it would come true.

Here is the current status: Tub and Auburn officials met yesterday and are meeting again today.  They said things are going well.  I expect an agreement in principal this week and I expect the paperwork to be done in mid-December.  Could be wrong, but that is what I think will happen.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/119615525643910.xml&coll=2
I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin