Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumor: Tommy T allegedly, perhaps, maybe meeting with Long [merged threads]

Started by bill55you, November 27, 2007, 10:01:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bill55you

Just found out that Long is meeting with Tubs in Atlanta this weekend for the SEC Championship game.  Georgia Tech is going after Muschamp or Jimbo Fisher.  Hang on Folks

Northwest Arkansas has all this money right??  How come we can't get it together and get a first class coach and pay the money? 

havok

Maybe he is just consulting him for recomendations or talk about Will Muschamp and get a feel for his interest in interviewing...

beansandtaters

Quote from: bill55you on November 27, 2007, 10:01:09 am
Just found out that Long is meeting with Tubs in Atlanta this weekend for the SEC Championship game.  Georgia Tech is going after Muschamp or Jimbo Fisher.  Hang on Folks

Northwest Arkansas has all this money right??  How come we can't get it together and get a first class coach and pay the money? 

Where did you find this out?

booogaga

6 million buyout for tubbs. thats a lot of money. then you add his salary. lot of moolah
GO HOGS!

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

bill55you

He is set several meetings up in atlanta while the sec championship is going on.  Check the plane for thursday and friday.  THE PLANE...HOG IN THE SKY

hogs 456

It is going to have to be him!!

Tommy T is the only one that the HDN fans and the Butch/Gus fans can say "hey he is an Arkansas guy and can get it done lets get behind him"

He has got to be it!

The_Iceman

all of your posts seem to concern tuberville.... so how much should be put in your words?

hogchic2001

Quote from: bill55you on November 27, 2007, 10:17:48 am
He is set several meetings up in atlanta while the sec championship is going on.  Check the plane for thursday and friday.  THE PLANE...HOG IN THE SKY
So, are you saying that Tommy T is at the top of his list?
Go HOGS Go!

Since 1894

Northwest Arkansas has all this money right??  

Are you a member of the Razorback Foundation???  They take membership from all over the world / country / state.  You don't have to be in NWA to become a member of the Foundation.

Just asking.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Hawgon

Six million dollar buyout?  Let's say just for the sake of argument, that Auburn was enticed to loosen the "golden handcuffs" on old Tuby because they have entered into talks with someone to replace Tuby.  Someone whose boss got wind of these talks and therefore, he felt the need to come and tell the press that he "would not be taking a college job". 

No real inside information, but I could see it happening.

HogHillbilly

I dont think White or the board will pay that kind of money to get TT out of Auburn...........
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Wild Bill Hog

arkjay19

He'd be a good hire.  Wouldn't mind having him on the Hill.

PaleHorse

Long needs to be talking to someone today... Don't wait for the weekend.
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

navyhog24

maybe long can talk to petrino while he's there in town lol

NaturalStateReb

Tubberville probably isn't coming to Arkansas after the major snub ten years ago.  He's an outstanding coach, though.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Hawgon

Quote from: navyhog24 on November 27, 2007, 10:27:22 am
maybe long can talk to petrino while he's there in town lol

Long may be talking to Petrino but I'll bet it is more along the lines of working out a three way trade.

OneLardAlmighty

Today's only Tuesday.  Why wait till the weekend?

dsewell70

the planes don't mean a thing... ADs from every team, whether searching for a coach or not, are going to be Atlanta for the championship

HootieHaterfromALA

I agree...we dont need to wait that long...too many jobs out there right now. We need to get on it now!!

PMAC

If we can't get a reputible coach, we should hire someone that makes a statement with their stats.  Check out Tulsa'a stats on ESPN.com from 2006 to 2007.  The difference is Gus!

HootieHaterfromALA

Here is my pick:

<========================

Bucksnort

Quote from: HAWGS on November 27, 2007, 10:35:37 am
If he waits til this weekend, we'll be rehiring Danny Ford as all the other coaching spots/available coaches will be either hired or too pissed at us to come here.

If Ole Miss and NutterButter have been working on their deal(like two weeks ago) and made it happen so quick - 6 hours quick - then we dang well have better been doing the same thing.  I hope the right one is announced soon - like today or tomorrow.

Merle Hawggard

i keep telling you guys I was told at the Tenn game that Nutt would not be retained and TT was going to be out next coach...
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

PearlHarbor

Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 27, 2007, 10:24:07 am
I dont think White or the board will pay that kind of money to get TT out of Auburn...........

I don't think anyone would. But I also don't think anyone would have to. They'll let tubbers go if he wants to leave.

mountainhog

whats nutts record against tt,  anyone know?   I know he has more class than nutt but is he much better ?

mountainhog

Quote from: HootieHaterfromALA on November 27, 2007, 10:38:50 am
Here is my pick:

That would be mine too.   I really dont think he will coach anywhere again, hope im wrong.

HAWGS

Quote from: mountainhog on November 27, 2007, 10:39:33 am
whats nutts record against tt,  anyone know?   I know he has more class than nutt but is he much better ?

He is 50-24 in the SEC with an overall record of 79-33 at Auburn with a winning record against LSU, Georgia and Alabama...in other words...yeah, hes better.
Wooooo Pig Soooie!

GiantFoamFingerMak

it would make for some great irony...tubbs leaves miss and eventually replaced by nutt...nutt leaves arkansas and replaced by tubbs...add in the possibility that tubbs brings back gus as oc and this starts to look like daytime television
Definition of HDN:  "College football's most aptly-surnamed sideline stalker twitches and fidgets like a snake-handling minister preaching a revival in a circus tent by the river while taking crystal meth and being jabbed in the backside by a cattle prod."

jgphillips3

We can pay a coach $3 mil to coach here, but we can't pay HDN $3.5, $6 mil to buy TT out and then pay him $3 mil a year.  Unless TT has some kind of out in his contract or can work out some kind of coaching switch deal where the Auburn board gets the guy they want in turn for releasing him, there is NO way they can financially make this work (yes I concede the Tysons and Waltons and others have a ton of money, but they aren't going to spend it that way).  

jgphillips3

Quote from: GiantFoamFingerMak on November 27, 2007, 10:44:40 am
it would make for some great irony...tubbs leaves miss and eventually replaced by nutt...nutt leaves arkansas and replaced by tubbs...add in the possibility that tubbs brings back gus as oc and this starts to look like daytime television

Even though its impossible.  THAT scenario would be awesome and so hilarious.

Beaverfever

I wouldn't be surprised at all if tubbs wanted out of alabama with saban's arrival. 

havok

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 27, 2007, 10:27:54 am
Tubberville probably isn't coming to Arkansas after the major snub ten years ago.  He's an outstanding coach, though.

I think as long as Broyals still breathes and creeps around the campus (IMO still has too much influence over Sports matters) none of the big named guys will even consider the job.   TT, JJ, BD will not want co come in where Broyals has overwhelming prestige and influence with Key people.

Gas Can

Quote from: Hawgon on November 27, 2007, 10:23:19 am
Six million dollar buyout?  Let's say just for the sake of argument, that Auburn was enticed to loosen the "golden handcuffs" on old Tuby because they have entered into talks with someone to replace Tuby.  Someone whose boss got wind of these talks and therefore, he felt the need to come and tell the press that he "would not be taking a college job". 

No real inside information, but I could see it happening.

Ole Miss did it to us, why can't we do it to Auburn?

razorback3072

anyone else hearing this?  !t came from a bigtime time AU booster and  BOT member
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

theman22

COKERHAMPTON

THIS WEEKEND IS TO FAR.  WE MUST ACT BEFORE NUTT PICKS OFF OUR RECRUITS.

Razorback_Z71

i wonder if he is hired.. will he bring kodi and big lee back home with him?

hogmichael

I too hope this is true, would love to see TT at the helm!

PLAYBOAR

Tuberville is about 3rd or 4th on my list but would be a fine coach.  He wins games and championships and actually conducts himself with dignity on and off the field.
Hey Ref, does your wife know you're screwing us?

Beaverfever

Quote from: razorback3072 on November 27, 2007, 11:06:14 am
anyone else hearing this?  !t came from a bigtime time AU booster and  BOT member
Never thought about that...would be awesome

HoggySTruman

HootieHaterfromALA

Not my number one either, but better than some of the other names I have heard!! Lane Kiffin? Heard that on espn
radio this morning

Beaverfever

Quote from: PLAYBOAR on November 27, 2007, 11:11:26 am
Tuberville is about 3rd or 4th on my list but would be a fine coach.  He wins games and championships and actually conducts himself with dignity on and off the field.
You're crazy man.  Tubbs is far and away the best coach that is even close to being a conceivable option.  He is maybe the best coach in the sec.  That team he put together in '04 was scary good.

MinowBucket

He is a great coach, but I don't see us paying him enough to come here.

razorback3072

the positives I see with this are that he is a defensive minded coach and is a very recognizable name as far as recruiting would go. especially for the immediate recruiting class
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

toozakpig

Would love to have TT, however reality is TOO much to buy him out. Whether I like it or not, and seeing how concerned Long is for the academic side of the filed. Paul Johnson will probably be your man. Johnson was OC at Hawaii. He did an outstanding job at Georgia Southern. He has turned Navy around with limited practice time and has had to deal with the Academy's high acedemic standards. Just a thought, trying to "carnac" the future. 8)

J.J. JingleHammer

Buyout aside, why would TT even consider coming to Arkansas (assuming Auburn can pony up)?

RT1941

Quote from: MinowBucket on November 27, 2007, 11:14:29 am
He is a great coach, but I don't see us paying him enough to come here.
Neither do I, UA would have to pay Auburn $6 million to buyout his current contract.  Then, have to pay him more than $3.1 million a year (what he will be making at Auburn) to get him to coach at UA.  Add in Nutt's $3 million.  THAT'S A LOT OF $$$$.  

By the way, Tuberville is meeting with Auburn's prez & AD today to discuss upgrades for the football complex, etc.  
RazorTusk!!!!