Previous topic - Next topic

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS THINKING

LEACH
12 (27.3%)
PETERSON
32 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Jack13

Gus Malzahn will be on ESPN Saturday, coaching the Tulsa Hurricanes in the Conference USA Championship. Just watch his offense and all the movement. His offense drives defenses crazy!

See ya there

HognAggieland

saw his offense at springdale.  I'll watch two good teams instead!!

mossfan33

i've seen it before.  i like leach's original version alot more
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

jtw109

he will be "CO-offensive coordinating"....you talk as if he is the head coach

hoggchadder

better watch it jtw109 if you put the "co" word before offensive coordinator the yahoo's will jump all over you.

mossfan33

jtw, please check your messages. 
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

razorpsycho

LEACH,DAVIS OR PETERSON ONLY GOOD OPTIONS WE HAVE

HoopHog

I'm thinking you should replace ARE with OUR so that your title makes sense. 

doo-ran

Gus as "are" head coach? I'm thinking a crash course in spelling. ;)

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: OK, this poll made me laugh. It worked, I fell for it. I thought there would be two actual HC candidates up there, instead I found two wannabes.
  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

brodie_hawg

i am thinking hell no.  I do not want an asst coach as our head coach.  The SEC is no place to start your head coaching career.

razorpsycho

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: razorpsycho on November 27, 2007, 12:01:47 am

Leach isn't a winner.

Davis has a contract extension at UNC.

Peterson is another in a long line of former Boise St. coaches who can't cut it in a bigger conference against better competition on a weekly basis. Nutt, Koetter, Hawkins...and now Peterson.

Sorry.

We passed on Pete Carroll and Jimmy Johnson because the old money grubbing know-it-alls think they can pick "their" own guy.

Don't be a fool.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HornetHog

If not Leach...and he'd be a great 1st choice.  Gus would be a fin 2nd(he'd also run the ball more giving us a balanced O.)  Leach could give a rat's ass about running.....at all.
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

edt

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Hogginitall

Quote from: razorpsycho on November 27, 2007, 12:01:47 am

Why does it keep saying "You didn't select a vote option"?  I am clearly clicking the submit button without choosing either choice.  Can you help me out?

Bill CHILL

Because Gus has never failed a program. He is native to Arkansas and he is extremely well respected nation-wide.
You're born an original, so why die a copy?

jkelly107

ckhawgu

win-streak

I'd like Gus, but he's not an option of the poll

HoopHog

I think we should drive to Morgan and buy another 12 pack and a 5th of Old No. 7!

sowmonella

Quote from: Bill CHILL on November 27, 2007, 12:11:27 am
Because Gus has never failed a program. He is native to Arkansas and he is extremely well respected nation-wide.

?????????????????? He's not even known nationwide.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

LordVader

They will blame him as a reason Nutt is gone and never support him fully.  UA needs a complete break from that drama.  Perhaps in another 10 years ,after he's developed as a HC, he will return home the hero. 

porkerfan

TexHog188

Legit question, not bashing, but would Gus have enough clout given his relatively short tenure at the college level to put an SEC quality coaching staff together?  My guess is no.  Love Gus, but I think he needs a few years at D1 to build sufficient credibility to attract quality assistant coaches.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Team Oklahoma

Ah isnt that what we tried to do with Davis, we see how that worked out.
Hire him or lose him forever

HornetHog

Quote from: sowmonella on November 27, 2007, 12:13:48 am

?????????????????? He's not even known nationwide.

Oh yes he is......Im a HS coach and he is very much know nation wide in  coaching circles.
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

mj4president

No I like Gus. When I was a hugger I liked Gus. He can recruit and a smart coach to boot.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

GWFan

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Hire GUS MALZAHN
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

GWFan

Quote from: LordVader on November 27, 2007, 12:18:29 am
They will blame him as a reason Nutt is gone and never support him fully.  UA needs a complete break from that drama.  Perhaps in another 10 years ,after he's developed as a HC, he will return home the hero. 

Gus wasn't the drama, nor did he create it.  Please, Houston himself asked everyone to let it go.  Don't punish Gus for unwarranted ill feelings.

Hire Gus!

TexHog188

I'm sure many HS coaches know Gus nationwide, but you can't put a staff together to compete in the SEC from your old HS contacts.  Bring in a seasoned HC, with Gus as OC for 3-4 years, then give it to Gus.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

ark30inf

Gus...gusgus.....gus.  Gus.  Gus, gus....gusgus....gus.

Gus, gus!  Gus?  Gusgus.

Gus.

jfb4ever

Plez Houston, take Broyles, White, Reggie, Lindsey, and the Gang with YOU!. Did anyone hear any Truth in the Press Conference? I can/t see this Gang doing the Right Thing? Gus is What We NEED!

OKCHogFan

fanofthehog

I would take Gus in a heartbeat.

ark30inf

Gus.  Gusgus gus.  Gus!  Gusgus, gus gus gus.  Gus?  Gusgus.

clew

if he winds up at Texas and they lay a 100 on us in a couple of years, we'll have only ourselves to blame.
Pure as the dawn

hview

I hope he doesn't. I would really like to see him come back to Arkansas.

win-streak

Hope everyone votes.  I really think it would be really interesting to see reality if we everyone voted.

LordVader

Gus wasn't the drama but he will be forever linked to it.  And what makes you think he would work for the PTB that allowed his poor treatment only a year ago?

jgphillips3

Of all those who don't think Gus is ready to be a head coach, the staffing issue is the only solid reason I have seen put forth that makes any sense.  I don't care that he hasn't been a head coach in D1 in almost any other area.  He would invigorate the offense and has a detailed mind and would make a quick transition to the level of coaching needed. 

The next two years aren't going to be too good regardless, so I think that will be plenty of time for him to learn.  However, you have to have a good DC and staff to make the HC gig work.  That was a perennial problem for Nutt.  That part of the equation is the ONLY thing that would scare me about Gus; could he hire a good enough staff to compliment him.

bigredone

I would be a Gus supporter. That sounds so much better than Jockstap or Nutt supporter....

East Clintwood

I'm going to support anyone they hire for a few years.

Gus is way down the list of who I would hire for a head coach,  Give him a few years, then maybe hire him.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Newport Hog

Beside Tuberville and Butch I would like Gus but you would have to get a good and I mean good def coordinator

bricklayer

Moderators, please delete this guy's post.  It makes everybody in the state look like idiots.  "ARE"???????