Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's why Nutt to Ole Miss will be a nightmare for us..

Started by hogfanmatt72212, November 26, 2007, 10:44:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

Quote from: hogfanmatt72212 on November 26, 2007, 10:44:31 pm
Recently we have counted on them for a victory. We  Blew them out the last couple years, and beat them in our down years.  So now Nutt goes over there with 1.) deep recruiting ties to Arkansas and texas. 2.) A tremendous amount of respect of their players and fanbase b/c at AR he keeps blowing them out and had much better success overall 3.) these alledged quality Orgeron recruits to start out with (he's proved he can win with someone elses) 4.) the desire and ego to stick it to arkansas 5.) A deeper recruiting base in Oxford b/c of their geographic proximaty to bigger numbers in speed & talent then what we have. 6.) getting a fresh start in a program with a little less tradition and expectation than ours but 10 years of SEC experience

we might get lucky and bring in a guy that can x&o better (MAYBE) or use timeouts smarter (MAYBE) but expect him to recruit better talent and expect his kids to immediatly start playing extremly hard for him.

I am not turning to the darkside now, I will stand behind whoever we get but I would predict Nutt beats us 8 out of the next 10 years if thats where he ends up.

Sorry, but you blew it right there.  Nutt + recruiting ties don't belong in the same sentence.  Come on back and try again when you've thought it out better.

If he builds a fence around Miss. like he did around Ark., they will have a stampede on their hands very shortly and we should be cherry picking some good talent just east of the border.

ark30inf

Quote from: ckhawgu on November 26, 2007, 11:59:37 pm
At least we'll all be able to relay the play calls to the defense from the stands when we play Nutt's team! DOH!

+1 if I could.  lol

WigHog

It continues to amaze me that Nutt is referred to as a horrible recruiter in one post and then a couple of posts later, it is stated that we had tremendous talent this year and that we underacheived because of his coaching. If he goes to Ole Miss, he will continue to get talent at the RB and offensive line positions and he will continue to recruit speed for the defense and will get athletes who are fast but undersized.  He will coach on emotion, just like here, and he will win games that he shouldn't and lose games that he shouldn't. I can see them giving us fits because of the emotion factor.  He gets kids to play hard when he is desparate.

BroyledNutts

Don't fret...We still have Nutt's play book....both sides...

hogfanmatt72212

these espn guys sound stunned about this. they just showed about 2 minutes of the presser

bcshog

Quote from: LoseAnutt on November 26, 2007, 10:47:25 pm
the last place we want nutt is ole miss. half of his recruits will be arkansas kids.
half of his recruits over the past ten years haven't been from arkansas.  why start now?

HogbyBirth

Recently we have counted on them for a victory. We  Blew them out the last couple years, and beat them in our down years.  So now Nutt goes over there with 1.) deep recruiting ties to Arkansas and texas. 2.) A tremendous amount of respect of their players and fanbase b/c at AR he keeps blowing them out and had much better success overall 3.) these alledged quality Orgeron recruits to start out with (he's proved he can win with someone elses) 4.) the desire and ego to stick it to arkansas 5.) A deeper recruiting base in Oxford b/c of their geographic proximaty to bigger numbers in speed & talent then what we have. 6.) getting a fresh start in a program with a little less tradition and expectation than ours but 10 years of SEC experience

we might get lucky and bring in a guy that can x&o better (MAYBE) or use timeouts smarter (MAYBE) but expect him to recruit better talent and expect his kids to immediatly start playing extremly hard for him.

I am not turning to the darkside now, I will stand behind whoever we get but I would predict Nutt beats us 8 out of the next 10 years if thats where he ends up.

My first thought was he will beat Arkansas at some point and maybe twice but 8 of 10 not gonna happen.  Kids are not going to follow him to Ole Miss.  They won't.

ark30inf

Quote from: WigHog on November 27, 2007, 12:11:13 am
It continues to amaze me that Nutt is referred to as a horrible recruiter in one post and then a couple of posts later, it is stated that we had tremendous talent this year and that we underacheived because of his coaching. If he goes to Ole Miss, he will continue to get talent at the RB and offensive line positions and he will continue to recruit speed for the defense and will get athletes who are fast but undersized.  He will coach on emotion, just like here, and he will win games that he shouldn't and lose games that he shouldn't. I can see them giving us fits because of the emotion factor.  He gets kids to play hard when he is desparate.

Danny is an awesome recruiter.  Houston not so much.  Neither of them would be anywhere near as good at Ole Miss.  Recruiting will be much, much, harder there.  Danny recruited great running backs and we recruit great at power positions.  But we suck at recruiting and maintaining finesse positions.  Thats not going to change at Ole Miss.

Nutt will indeed have Ole Miss so revved up they will be foaming at the mouth for a couple of years until it wears off and gets tiresome.

prairiehogcompanion

Do you have a pastor or someone else you can talk to?

bphi11ips

This board is so FOS tonight it's cracking me up.  Get a grip.  We just got rid of a stupid jackass of a coach who lied through his teeth because he assumes you are as stupid as he is.

Thank God for Mississippi, as we like to say in Arkansas.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

RazorbackGeek77

Since when did Nutt have deep recruiting ties to Arkansas?
Houston Nutt can go from SEC coach of the year in 06 to   
coach at Ole Miss in the time it takes USC to score against
Reggie Herring's defense!

hogfanmatt72212

Quote from: ark30inf on November 27, 2007, 12:20:11 am
Danny is an awesome recruiter.  Houston not so much.  Neither of them would be anywhere near as good at Ole Miss.  Recruiting will be much, much, harder there.  Danny recruited great running backs and we recruit great at power positions.  But we suck at recruiting and maintaining finesse positions.  Thats not going to change at Ole Miss.

Nutt will indeed have Ole Miss so revved up they will be foaming at the mouth for a couple of years until it wears off and gets tiresome.

you don't know that for sure. I think it will be easier there. and he starts out with Oregeron recruits. no prssure the first 2 years. he's proved he can win under those circumstances

HognotinMemphis

November 27, 2007, 01:22:03 am #62 Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 01:25:54 am by MarkinMemphis
I feel dumb in replying to this guy but good lord he is...I cannot think of a word to describe him. "Stupid" is not encompassing enough for him.  His first 3 points do not make sense. Deeper recruiting base in Oxford? Does Matt realize the Oxford metropolitan area is comprised of about 50,000 people, if that? Battling against Miss St and So Miss and Alabama isn't conducive to winning. And Ole Miss has never gotten any decent recruits from either Texas or Arkansas and they are not going to do it with Nutt either. This kid needs to read only...hope he is a kid.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HammyHawg on November 26, 2007, 11:37:35 pm
Maybe he would build a fence around Mississippi...

Nutt will not be able to build a fence around Oxford and it's 20,000 population.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 27, 2007, 12:24:34 am
This board is so FOS tonight it's cracking me up.  Get a grip.  We just got rid of a stupid jackass of a coach who lied through his teeth because he assumes you are as stupid as he is.

Thank God for Mississippi, as we like to say in Arkansas.

You said it, Bruce. Although, I think Nutt was right about this Matt fan! Truly more than ever, thank god for Mississippi. They'll be sorry in the long run but Nutt will do a bit better for them than Orgeron has.

destinflhog

This is Nutt's Standard.  Tommy Tuberville's record at Ole Miss

Year             OA  SEC R
1995 Ole Miss 6-5 3-5 6 - West*   
1996 Ole Miss 5-6 2-6 6 - West*   
1997 Ole Miss 8-4 4-4 3 - West W 34-31 Motor City Bowl   
1998 Ole Miss 6-5 3-5 4 - West

ark30inf

Quote from: hogfanmatt72212 on November 27, 2007, 01:06:42 am
you don't know that for sure. I think it will be easier there. and he starts out with Oregeron recruits. no prssure the first 2 years. he's proved he can win under those circumstances

I've given my reasons why Ole Miss is damn hard to recruit to....and you say that you 'think' it will be easier.  Why?  I gave my points....give your points why recruiting at Ole Miss will be easier than Arkansas?  It NEVER has been easier there in the past.  Why does Nutt going there make it easier to recruit Ole Miss?

diamondheadhog

Going to be very embarrasing when Houston beats our arse......

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: destinflhog on November 27, 2007, 01:27:33 am
This is Nutt's Standard.  Tommy Tuberville's record at Ole Miss

Year             OA  SEC R
1995 Ole Miss 6-5 3-5 6 - West*   
1996 Ole Miss 5-6 2-6 6 - West*   
1997 Ole Miss 8-4 4-4 3 - West W 34-31 Motor City Bowl   
1998 Ole Miss 6-5 3-5 4 - West

Nutt being worse at every phase of coaching than Tuberville, his record after 4 years in SEC play won't be 12-20. Certainly won't be any better than that.

destinflhog

Tuberville had a 12 and 20 SEC record there and it will be hard for Nutt to beat that.

ark30inf

Quote from: diamondheadhog on November 27, 2007, 01:29:34 am
Going to be very embarrasing when Houston beats our arse......

Gonna be embarassing when Houston gets asked about emails by mommas in BFE Mississippi.

destinflhog

You may be onto something.  My guess is there aren't as many households in MS that have the "internets".  Maybe Nutt figures he'll leave some of his problems behind.

I12PLAY

nutt would have to recruit the eastern side of ark for him to be successful at ole miss and he doesnt recruit east of little rock.  his players come primarily from springdale area which evenntually leave.  won't work at ole miss.  gt will be much better fit fot the nuttster, sec west too hard for him at ole miss.  we are moving forward. he would be rebuilding unless he recruits another mc d around oxford it would be another 0 for in the sec next yr for the nuttster

67Hog

Quote from: HawgWyld on November 26, 2007, 10:47:01 pm

I'd love to see Nutt over there. Hell, they might create that rivalry we've been sorely lacking since joining the SEC.

Nutt's parting legacy at UA might be that very rivalry...with LSU.

SpareRib

November 27, 2007, 01:38:31 am #74 Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 02:48:48 am by SpareRib
the last place we want nutt is ole miss. half of his recruits will be arkansas kids.

Nutt couldn't bring Arkansas's best talent to Arkansas when other schools were offering...  why would they go to Mississippi with him?
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

ark30inf

Quote from: destinflhog on November 27, 2007, 01:34:50 am
You may be onto something.  My guess is there aren't as many households in MS that have the "internets".  Maybe Nutt figures he'll leave some of his problems behind.

Other recruiters are GONNA hand over printouts to momma.....and read them to momma if they have to.  Nutts problems in Arkansas are going to be communicated to recruits and families.

Imagine the worst spin on Mitch's shoes, the parent meeting, the player meeting, the alleged witholding of tapes and numbers from NFL scouts for one former player, players leaving, offensive coordinators leaving, emails to a player, 2x4's on a player's mother, etc.

With so many schools to choose from is that enough to cast doubt on sending your kid off to Ole Miss?  I was worried about that being done to Arkansas.....now its more Ole Miss problem.

hogblade

Jevon Snead may be on suicide watch right now. Nutt couldn't ruin 5 star QB Mitch Mustain so now he turns to Jevon Snead to ruin.

destinflhog

You ought to start a thread about how Nutt and his gang will handle that objection.  

No matter how bad those things seem to us, a good coach will come up with an effective story.  For example:1) DMAC wins the Heisman - Come play for me, I develop Heisman winners 2) That was one player, his mamma, came whining to the AD, and he acted as a prima donna, none of the other players liked him, just ask DMAC.

You can go on and on. The Mustain debacle would have made his job at Arkansas more difficult but I don't see that stuff having much of an impact at Ole Miss.  He would never have been able to recruit Springdale again while at Arkansas and I don't expect him to even try now.

Heck, he'll probably have DMAC at his summer football camps.

Razorhio

HA!  He couldn't land AR recruits when he was here - what makes you think they're all going to flock to him at Oxford? 

ark30inf

Quote from: destinflhog on November 27, 2007, 01:53:25 am
You ought to start a thread about how Nutt and his gang will handle that objection. 

No matter how bad those things seem to us, a good coach will come up with an effective story.  For example:1) DMAC wins the Heisman - Come play for me, I develop Heisman winners 2) That was one player, his mamma, came whining to the AD, and he acted as a prima donna, none of the other players liked him, just ask DMAC.

You can go on and on. The Mustain debacle would have made his job at Arkansas more difficult but I don't see that stuff having much of an impact at Ole Miss.  He would never have been able to recruit Springdale again while at Arkansas and I don't expect him to even try now.

Heck, he'll probably have DMAC at his summer football camps.

Sure, he will sell some of them....but it makes the odds a little longer in a place where the odds are already stacked.  So he only loses 1 in 15 recruits due to a nervous momma.....thats ok unless that one is important and its one more obstacle to deal with.

Ole Miss has had recruiting obstacles for years.  Nutt is not going to be the savior for all of that.

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: hogfanmatt72212 on November 26, 2007, 11:16:46 pm
i just don't think we can put a coach out there to compete with Nutt at olemiss. He's going to take Orgerons recruits and go to about 4 or 6 SEC championship games in 10 years. I just got that sick feeling in my gut

Ole Piss? ???
With Nuttsack as coach? ???
::) ::) ::)
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

The Realist

Quote from: cbad on November 27, 2007, 02:07:52 am

Ole Piss? ???
With Nuttsack as coach? ???
::) ::) ::)
I wouldn't say that many.  But he could easily take them there with Orgeron's recruits.  He has a 5 star QB.  Wonder if he will run him off?  And some quality position players
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

ark30inf

Quote from: The Realist on November 27, 2007, 02:12:23 am
I wouldn't say that many.  But he could easily take them there with Orgeron's recruits.  He has a 5 star QB.  Wonder if he will run him off?  And some quality position players

I am sitting here feeling sorry for Ole Miss.  They are so starved that they aren't even thinking...just grabbing at hope....and Nutt will supply hope by the shovel and bucket full.

The fact is that what went on here is so bizarre that its almost unbelievable.  Those who haven't looked at it closely in detail just can't comprehend that it could really be.

I almost feel sorry for them.