Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Look what's on the Ole Miss board

Started by FedUpWithNutt, November 26, 2007, 08:41:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ark30inf

Quote from: Hogginitall on November 26, 2007, 10:14:48 pm
Ok, we can wait until the 4th year of each coach and then start.  I still don't think we'll have a 70% winning percentage against his teams.  We were 6-1 against Ole Miss starting in 2001....with Nutt's players.  So, that's 70% with his AND Ford's players and 86% with just his players.  It's just my opinion.  I hope we don't get a chance to find out.

He will whip us with Orgeron's players.  But remember, Ole Miss is a lot harder place to recruit to than Arkansas.  They have zero Texas presence and we are gonna soon get an even bigger Texas presence.  He will have to compete in his own state with a resurgent Croom (and we will have to see who USM gets).  He will have the old "Colonel Reb" baggage. 

And the biggest thing...the fallout of the soap opera will follow him there....Teresa's email is going to haunt Ole Miss more than even us now.  "You see, the person who sent this email was a friend of his brother Danny....take a look at these laminated phone records....I don't know if you should trust your boy to this man!  Now Sylvester will take care of Junior real good."

He is not going to dominate Arkansas at Ole Miss long term.  Not going to happen.

ark30inf

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on November 26, 2007, 10:21:00 pm
I imagine Nutt looks like the 2nd coming of Knute Rockne to Ole Miss fans right now after 3 years of Orgeron but Nutt isn't going to improve them over their long term average. He'll get them back to where the 3 coaches before Orgeron had Ole Miss which isn't anything to write home about.

Nutt's average year in a decade at Arkansas was 4-4. His average year at Ole Miss will be 3-5 or slightly lower. He couldn't keep in-state players from going to TN, Auburn, USC, Texas, OU, Nebraska et al.

In Oxford, he'll not be able to regularly fend off in-state rivals Miss St, So Miss, nearby Alabama and Auburn, not to mention U of Memphis, LSU and TN.

However, the good southern people of Oxford will love Diana Nutt.

Arkansas is in a great recruiting position.  Our real competitor is LSU.  All of those Texas players who want to play in the SEC really have a choice between LSU and Arkansas.  LSU usually wins out.  We will be putting a heck of a lot of pressure on LSU when we start playing A&M in Cowboys Stadium every year.  Those boys will have a chance to play in that football Nirvana every year in front of Mama AND play in the SEC if they go to Arkansas.....but not with LSU. (thank you, thank you, thank you Jerry Jones).

Ole Miss has diddly in Texas and has competitors on all sides.  Arkansas, Memphis, LSU, Mississippi State, USM.

The future is bright for Arkansas when we get over a couple of transition nightmare years.  The only thing that can screw it up is if we hire somebody like Leach.

PulledPork

if this happens, I can't wait to talk with the dr. friends of mine that are rebel supporters....I bet I get a cussin

ark30inf

November 26, 2007, 10:29:50 pm #53 Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:32:27 pm by ark30inf
nm

ark30inf

November 26, 2007, 10:30:36 pm #54 Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:32:59 pm by ark30inf
nm

ark30inf

November 26, 2007, 10:31:27 pm #55 Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:33:35 pm by ark30inf
 :razorback: