Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Look what's on the Ole Miss board

Started by FedUpWithNutt, November 26, 2007, 08:41:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FedUpWithNutt

Nutt is a good hire for them. If they consistently won 7 to 8 games a year they would be elated.

NuttSu

mj4president

Hey Nutt is a God of coaching compared to Coach O.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

swoopeshog

Georgia Tech grad, co-workerof mine, said they would love to have Nutt. 

I just laughed.
Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

ark30inf

Quote from: FedUpWithNutt on November 26, 2007, 09:10:19 pm

A lot of those folks really want HDN

Whatever.  Our soap opera is over so if they are happy thats fine.

Junkyard Hog

Nutt is a much better coach than Orgeron.

LAHOGG

Looks like a bunch of idiots from arkansas are posting over there to me.  Can we please move on?  Why go over to another board and badger them about getting Nutt?

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

I wonder what the boards that aren't the pay/homer boards are saying though...

FedUpWithNutt

I have never gone to another board and "registered." I like to go there and see what they are saying though.  I agree....we shouldn't go there just to sign on and be a pest!(troll)

Quote from: LAHOGG on November 26, 2007, 09:14:31 pm
Looks like a bunch of idiots from arkansas are posting over there to me.  Can we please move on?  Why go over to another board and badger them about getting Nutt?

Bucksnort

Quote from: FedUpWithNutt on November 26, 2007, 08:41:42 pm

The Ole Miss board is welcoming Nutt.....

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=177#s=177&f=1103

Have 2x4's will travel.  I hear they is gonna git text messagin' down thar' in a munth or two. 

deucea729

Only problem for Nutt if he goes to Ole Miss:

There goes one of his SEC wins every year...

HognotinMemphis

0-8 this year in SEC and 3-21 in SEC over 3 years will do that to you. They are probably a little overly swayed by the LSU win as well given how recent that is.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

The Great Hambino

Colonel Reb will still be crying next year...

ark30inf

Looks like there would be lots of coaches out there that Ole Miss could hire that aren't running from a firestorm soap opera.  I don't understand it, but if he makes them happy who am I to criticize?

TXfaninAR

I hope that Nutt does go to OM...that would mean that we could play them and he can continue to "call that play brotha"...

:razorback:

TXfaninAR

I hope that Nutt does go to OM...that would mean that we could play them and he can continue to "call that play brotha"...

:razorback:

REBEL1

Quote from: Bucksnort on November 26, 2007, 09:19:22 pm
Have 2x4's will travel.  I hear they is gonna git text messagin' down thar' in a munth or two. 

Nutt wont go there if they dont have text msgs....  :)

Screw Karma!!!
I say it like it is!!!! If you dont like it, I dont care!!!

Sanctified Swine

If Ole Miss equals what Arkansas did under Nutt...then we have an opponent that just got much much better. With LSU and BAMA and AUBURN and  an improved Ole Miss...the west is getting tougher and tougher. A 7-5 or 6-6 Ole Miss means that there are some losses out there for someone who is used to notching a win against the Rebs. I wonder as well if OLE Miss will establish one of the best running games in the SEC and country which is what we have had for almost a decade. They have Jevan Sneed redshirting over there this year. He is a beast of a running QB...Could be interesting if they become a mirror of what we have been....inconsistant but at times devestating to superior teams.

TransAmHawg

They have electricity and computers?
Wow, when did they join the twentith century?

They are ranked 50th in education. It's showing about now.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

Nuttsuks

just a paste... Are you sure he recruits well enough to be a Rebel coach?   Going by average star ranking, he never had a class in the Top 30 (going back to 2002).   And that was having the whole state of Arkansas to himself.   At Ole Miss, he'll have to worry about State, Bama, Auburn, and LSU.  And did Nutt even have Arkansas?  In 2007, after a 10 win season, he signed only 4 of the top 11 players in Arkansas. 

Just something to think about if you're worried about recruiting.  :-)

arkrzrbacks

Hogz17

Nutt is a good hire for Ole Miss.  It is also a good fit for Nutt.  He gets to stay in the SEC.  He is familiar with the teams, etc.  Plus his recruiting area won't change a whole lot.  Ole Miss will love him.  I think it is a win-win situation for us and Ole Miss.

HawgPilot

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Hogginitall

Quote from: FedUpWithNutt on November 26, 2007, 08:41:42 pm

The Ole Miss board is welcoming Nutt.....

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=177#s=177&f=1103

They'd be stupid not to want him.  We'd be stupid to wish that he go to Ole Miss.  Mark my words:  If Houston Nutt goes to Ole Miss, our next head coach will not have as good of a record against them as Houston Nutt did in his 10 years here.  We better hope he goes to Georgia Tech.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Typical Ole Miss, satisfied with sloppy seconds and boy are they messy.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ark30inf

Quote from: Nuttsuks on November 26, 2007, 09:31:25 pm
just a paste... Are you sure he recruits well enough to be a Rebel coach?   Going by average star ranking, he never had a class in the Top 30 (going back to 2002).   And that was having the whole state of Arkansas to himself.   At Ole Miss, he'll have to worry about State, Bama, Auburn, and LSU.  And did Nutt even have Arkansas?  In 2007, after a 10 win season, he signed only 4 of the top 11 players in Arkansas. 

Just something to think about if you're worried about recruiting.  :-)

He is going to have a tougher time of it recruiting I think.  He has that whole Colonel Reb/Rebel business that can't help recruiting much.  He has competition from all directions.  He won't be taking a whole lot of Arkansas recruiting inroads with him.    Ole Miss has zero presence or history in Texas where we do.  I think recruiting is gonna be rough for him.

He is going to get some running backs just on reputation alone....but recruiting quarterbacks is gonna be darn hard just based on his reputation.

All those laminated news articles and emails that were gonna haunt us on coffee tables everywhere.....are now gonna haunt Ole Miss on coffee tables everywhere.  Hell, WE might even start laminating those articles when competing with him.  Ironic no?

hoglady

If we end up with Leach and they end up with Nutt.
They win / we lose.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Hogginitall

They'd be stupid not to want him.  We'd be stupid to HOPE that he goes to Ole Miss.  I sure hope he goes outside the SEC.  I don't want to play him every year.  Mark my words:  Arkansas would not have a 70% winning percentage against his Ole Miss teams---I don't care who our new coach is.

MajorHog

how great would it be to take out all the frustration of the last several years by beating the snot out of Ole Miss?  life would be good!
You will salute these Hog Clusters, Mister!

Hate'em?  Tell'em so!

www.HornHater.com - an official sponsor of Hogville.net

PigSooie92

WOW!!!!!
You gotta admit, he did drastically improve our program and standards of what is considered a good season.
He just couldn't take us to the next level of consistency

saywhat?

Quote from: FedUpWithNutt on November 26, 2007, 09:10:19 pm

A lot of those folks really want HDN

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

jgphillips3

Well of course...he has dominated that State.

Pork Authority

MajorHog

Quote from: NuttWillBeMissed on November 26, 2007, 09:56:09 pm
I hope we ain't saying that in 5 years.

amen brutha!  it's time to quit being "little ol' Arkansas" that can't do no better!
You will salute these Hog Clusters, Mister!

Hate'em?  Tell'em so!

www.HornHater.com - an official sponsor of Hogville.net

tulsadst

I talked with a good friend tonight who is an Ole Miss fan.  BELIEVE ME, he and many other Rebel fans are NOT happy with the rumors of HDN landing in Oxford...

lookingforanewteam

Quote from: NuttSu on November 26, 2007, 09:11:27 pm
Good, they can have him for no charge.

No charge? 3.5 mill is hardly [CENSORED] free. Our administration sucks balls, plain and simple. And Paw Paw should have been embaled 10 yrs. ago.

Blue35

Those people over there drink a lot of moon shine.

WMHawgfan

they believe he can return them to the glory days of David Cutcliffe.  Those days are like having Pete Carroll as your coach compared to what they have seen in the last 3 under Ogre.

SteveInArk

Glad he's gone.  At least at Ole Miss we would not totally lose track of the "comic relief" he can provide at times.

But really... at the end of the day--this day--I am just glad HDN will be some other school's coach--not ours.  As for Ole Miss, let Archie Manning chew on it, if it comes to pass.    :razorback:
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

FedUpWithNutt

Ole Miss comes to RRS next year!!!   How would the crowd react??  Just wondering.

Quote from: Hogginitall on November 26, 2007, 09:52:53 pm
They'd be stupid not to want him.  We'd be stupid to HOPE that he goes to Ole Miss.  I sure hope he goes outside the SEC.  I don't want to play him every year.  Mark my words:  Arkansas would not have a 70% winning percentage against his Ole Miss teams---I don't care who our new coach is.

ark30inf

They'd be stupid not to want him.  We'd be stupid to HOPE that he goes to Ole Miss.  I sure hope he goes outside the SEC.  I don't want to play him every year.  Mark my words:  Arkansas would not have a 70% winning percentage against his Ole Miss teams---I don't care who our new coach is.

The next couple of years he is gonna have Orgeron's players and we are going to have his.....and he is going to kick our tail.  But then we will start recruiting again and Ole Miss will have stopped.  We will be playing A&M in Cowboys Stadium in Dallas every year and Ole Miss will not even be mentioned anywhere in Texas.  We will be fine after our new coach gets his players and Nutt has to recruit his into Rebel land.

FedUpWithNutt

Ole Miss comes to RRS next year!!!   How would the crowd react??  Just wondering.

3pigsinafountain

Ole Miss consistently screws up its coaching situation.  Tubberville left when they would not spend on facility upgrades out of their fund drive.  They ran Cutcliff off as soon as Eli left.  Now they are flirting with dufus.  Good riddance and good luck to OM.

ark30inf

Quote from: 3pigsinafountain on November 26, 2007, 10:07:04 pm
Ole Miss consistently screws up its coaching situation.  Tubberville left when they would not spend on facility upgrades out of their fund drive.  They ran Cutcliff off as soon as Eli left.  Now they are flirting with dufus.  Good riddance and good luck to OM.

They are not thinking......we were scared to death of recruiting with that laminated soap opera cloud hanging over every coffee table.....now Ole Miss is willingly signing on to have the emails and code reds and equipment 'mixups' and parent concerns dropped onto recruits coffee tables?  Wow.

Recruiting to Ole Miss is hard enough without opposing coaches yelling that stuff in recruits ears.

I think the Ole Miss administration just want immediate improvement next year and damn the long term.  They are in save my job mode for next year and don't care about 4 years down the road.

Hogginitall

Quote from: ark30inf on November 26, 2007, 10:06:18 pm
The next couple of years he is gonna have Orgeron's players and we are going to have his.....and he is going to kick our tail.  But then we will start recruiting again and Ole Miss will have stopped.  We will be playing A&M in Cowboys Stadium in Dallas every year and Ole Miss will not even be mentioned anywhere in Texas.  We will be fine after our new coach gets his players and Nutt has to recruit his into Rebel land.

Ok, we can wait until the 4th year of each coach and then start.  I still don't think we'll have a 70% winning percentage against his teams.  We were 6-1 against Ole Miss starting in 2001....with Nutt's players.  So, that's 70% with his AND Ford's players and 86% with just his players.  It's just my opinion.  I hope we don't get a chance to find out.

HognotinMemphis

I imagine Nutt looks like the 2nd coming of Knute Rockne to Ole Miss fans right now after 3 years of Orgeron but Nutt isn't going to improve them over their long term average. He'll get them back to where the 3 coaches before Orgeron had Ole Miss which isn't anything to write home about.

Nutt's average year in a decade at Arkansas was 4-4. His average year at Ole Miss will be 3-5 or slightly lower. He couldn't keep in-state players from going to TN, Auburn, USC, Texas, OU, Nebraska et al.

In Oxford, he'll not be able to regularly fend off in-state rivals Miss St, So Miss, nearby Alabama and Auburn, not to mention U of Memphis, LSU and TN.

However, the good southern people of Oxford will love Diana Nutt.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.