Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lane Kiffin Next HC?

Started by san1981, November 26, 2007, 08:17:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Brantley

Publius

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 26, 2007, 09:02:28 pm
Was Kiffin at USC at one time?

Can't screw this hire up -- you need college recruiting experience and the ability to build a great college staff.

Look at Charlie Weis and Chan Gailey (and the beatdown the national media are giving A&M for hiring Sherman). Gotta realize that the only pro coach to succeed in the college ranks after leaving the NFL is Carroll. That I can think of. I don't see visorboy's 6-6 as a stellar mark. Having said that, I'd love Spurrier to be at UA:)
Funny...I seem to remember a guy named Holtz who did pretty good in the college ranks after leaving the NY Jets.

NEAHawgfan

Lane Kiffin? We can't be that lucky.....can we?

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: PORKER1 on November 26, 2007, 09:16:42 pm
Yes, but can he build a fence around us? ???

Over the last 2 years his old boss did not have a problem recruiting the best players in the state.
Maybe that is something they teach at USC.
How to recruit Arkansas.
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

waterhogged

I know Kiffin was born in Fayetteville when his father was on the staff.

Cajun Hog

He's not as much of darkhorse as he was 8 hours ago.

BigHog396

I mentioned his name a couple of hours ago.  Let's just say it has been mentioned by some individuals VERY close to the situation.  Not saying it's even remotely close to a done deal by any means, but has definitely been discussed, and probably talked to.

Dbl D

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on November 26, 2007, 09:25:37 pm
Has a coach ever left the NFL before the season was over to come coach at the college ranks?

Lou Holtz left Jets to come to Hogs.

hogchic2001

That would definately be interesting!
Go HOGS Go!

jesterzzn

Quote from: Dbl D on November 26, 2007, 11:28:31 pm
Lou Holtz left Jets to come to Hogs.
If by "left" you mean "quit rather than be fired" then yes.

saywhat?

The_Iceman

Lane Kiffin has the Arkansas ties.

If he hired Orgeron as the DC, that would be something.

I can see it happeneing. Arkansas might be more appealing than Oakland right now.

SpineHog

the more i read/think about this guy, the more i think he should be at the *top* of our list.  yes, even above butch.