Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Font Page at Baton Rouge!!!

Started by Sir Squeal-A-Lot, November 25, 2007, 07:43:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MM-gohogs

Quote from: Tammany Tom on November 25, 2007, 01:58:24 pm
I'm sorry, but your post is a total crock of crap.

Was LSU the preseason pick to win the SEC last year? No, Florida was.

Was LSU the preseason pick to win the SEC West last year? No, Auburn was.

Was LSU a preseason Top 5 pick last year? No, but they ended up ranked 3rd in the final polls.

Where did LSU play Florida and Auburn last year? Gainesville and Auburn

Who was favored to win the game between Florida and LSU? Florida

Who was favored to win the game between Auburn and LSU? Auburn

Who were the only two teams that LSU lost to last year? Florida and Auburn

What were the respective records of Florida and Auburn last year? 13-1 & 11-2

Please, tell me how in the hell LSU can be considered the greatest underacheiving team in the history of college football when they finished 11-2 and ranked #3 in the nation losing only to the National Champs and a Top Ten ranked Auburn team with both games played on the road?

USC has either won or come in second in the recruiting rankings for the past 6 years. They were ranked number one in the country going into the season. They were overwhelming favorites to win the Pac 10. USC has been favored to win every game they have played this year. However, They lost to Stanford at home and Oregon on the road. How can they not be considered the biggest underacheiving team in the history of college football, but a team that loses to 2 teams that were favored against them last year was?

You just have an axe to grind and hate LSU and post garbage to make LSU look bad.

welcome to hogville.net
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

MM-gohogs

aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Dixie Chicken on November 25, 2007, 08:16:41 am
If there's one thing I cannot stand it's grown men crying over a football game.  I don't care if you lost the chance to play for a national championship or lost the superbowl there's no place for that. It's a game, and to other's a job, but either way leave the tears at home.
If there's on thing I cannot stand is a dolt that criticizes a player for crying over a loss.  You have obviously never played a competitive team sport and have suffered a loss that meant something.  I would try to explain to you what playing at a high level of competition is like, but you wouldn't understand.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

IronHog

Was LSU a preseason Top 5 pick last year? No, but they ended up ranked 3rd in the final polls.

Please, tell me how in the hell LSU can be considered the greatest underacheiving team in the history of college football when they finished 11-2 and ranked #3 in the nation losing only to the National Champs and a Top Ten ranked Auburn team with both games played on the road?

USC has either won or come in second in the recruiting rankings for the past 6 years. They were ranked number one in the country going into the season. They were overwhelming favorites to win the Pac 10. USC has been favored to win every game they have played this year. However, They lost to Stanford at home and Oregon on the road. How can they not be considered the biggest underacheiving team in the history of college football, but a team that loses to 2 teams that were favored against them last year was?

You just have an axe to grind and hate LSU and post garbage to make LSU look bad.

Hit a nerve eh?  I certainly do not dislike LSU in any way.  They are an entertaining team to watch and are not annoying like some other programs out there (However, Miles has been quite arrogant before each of the last two UA/LSU games).

LSU was by far the best team Arkansas played last year and yes they underachieved.  No way they should lose to Florida or Auburn last year based on that collection of talent. 

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

ElCerdoExtranjero

Quote from: Dixie Chicken on November 25, 2007, 08:36:29 am
First of all I'm not saying there's anything wrong with crying, far from it actually. I just think anyone that could find themselves blubbering like a baby because they lost a football game is incredibly short sighted. I've played organized sports (but I guess you don't think that was meaningful enough, but I never for a second thought that a baseball, or basketball game was a big enough deal to cry over.

If you want to cry at work, join the marines and watch some of your best friends get blown up just for trying to do their job. If you want to cry at work become an Doctor/EMT and watch some poor kid die on a table when you know he could have been saved if circumstances had been different.

Cry when your Mom dies. Cry whe your children are born. Cry when there's nothing you can do to help a friend who desperately needs it.

Don't cry because you lost a football game.

So in effect you´re trying to draw yourself a concrete line between what deserves emotional investment and what doesn´t?  Though I understand your Holleywood-esque war and death references, I totally disagree.  Passion for doing something is equal across the board.  Passion for your friends who die, or family members who pass away after being an intricate part of your life that molded you and vice-versa.  Passion for a child who´s born.  These situations bring us to tears because we understand on a profound level what it is to be human in these moments.  Like it or not, football requires passion just like all sports, especially when you profess to wanting to win 100 percent of the time, because as much as you must struggle against your opponent, you must also struggle against yourself, and in those moments you find out something about being part of a team and even something more about yourself.  As someone already said, these kids are passionate about winning football games, and when they fail it´s more to them that a menial task they couldn´t complete.  They view themselves as victims of fate, or they feel guilty for not doing their part, just like if a friend dies and you wish you could have done something to prevent it.  Ha, I mean geez, if we didn´t emotionally invest ourselves in college football as fans and players, why would we watch?  Why post on these boards?  

Unless, after all, you´re criticizing the players for not having the self control to wait until they´re home to cry?  Well, my old coach used to yell at us for "going through the motions."  Mechanical efficiency is not what wins football games, and for that same reason, players cry, and we, as fans, participate and share in their victories and defeats.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Tammany Tom on November 25, 2007, 10:56:50 am
LSU received 2 sideline warnings from the refs. The warnings were because Miles was yelling at the refs about a couple of calls. The head coach can communicate with officials, but no one else on the sideline. That is why he was yelling he was the head coach, because of the warnings.

You suppose the refs couldn't figure out who he was on their own?

deltahogfan

I ain't no LSU fan by any means, but they were DAMN good last year. Have to give them that. As to complaints about LSU fans, I have to say that the behavior of quite a few Hog fans at last years LSU-Ark game was pretty bad. Understand having a good time, but I have no patience with the obnoxious, falling down drunk fans. I have stated this before, if you can't handle your liquor don't drink.
Those who get there first with the most.

SamBuckhart

Front Page picture was really sad. I find solace in his sadness. If you think you are going to find any "Nancy boys" here to feel sorry him, you better just pack up the silver tea service. The Razorbacks just broke all your little tea cakes. Arkansas is the better team. Deal with it.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

jmurph

less miles is a JERK, less miles deserves Friday's loss, he earned it and many, many more!  less miles is not only a jerk HE IS THE HEAD COACH of a team that Nick Saban built!  less miles is also a first class ASS CLOWN and lucky is the only reason lsu was #1 on Friday.  He is classless and that is the reason Loyd Carr can't stand him.  Hey less miles, can you say ARKANSAS?

slopinhogs

serves them right for not taking Ar Kansas very serious, :razorback:

no senior wants to go out like that . when you have played your heart out you deserve to be able to sob in a hall way after one like that .don't care who you are. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

SpareRib

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 25, 2007, 10:10:08 am
Corey Beck used to cry after losses.  That is the kind of player that propels you from competitive to greatness.  If you aren't playing the game with all your heart and all your soul, then get off the field.  I am more impressed by the young man now than before.  If he hurt that deeply, that proves he is not some arrogant SOB and has some depth as a person.  I wish our ENTIRE team was the same way.  You go Matt Flynn.

That said, I am glad we got to ruin their NC run just like they torpedoed us last year.  Even if they were the walking wounded and not the same team that took the field in September.

Great post.  When a guy has everything he is invested in the fight, his emotions are included.  Beck was a real winner - and I respect Matt Flynn.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

BushHawg

Tom is right, this year's LSU team underachieved way more than last year's.
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

Snouty

I can't picture Bear Bryant or John Wayne crying about losing a football game, and both of them played the game.  

TLFHAWG

Friday night the Hogs were better than the Tigers.  I can't wait till next year.

budcampbellfan

Quote from: tbp59 on November 25, 2007, 08:17:43 am
Nutt cries after losses too.
Actually nut only cries after big wins.  This one and his first (of 2) over Tenn.  How rare they are.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.