Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question regarding Houston Nutt

Started by sugartownhog, November 24, 2007, 06:34:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: sugartownhog on November 24, 2007, 06:34:11 pm
OK, I am a self avowed Houston Nutt supporter but I do not want to get into a back and forth argument with ya'll.  I will respect all of ya'lls comments.  Here is my question.

Lets say the choice is made to retain Coach Nutt sign him to an extension and he wholeheartedly accepts.  There is no chance that he is not the HC at Arkansas for some time.  Would those of you who are 100% against him simply accept this and begrugedly, if nothing more, support the team AND coach? 

I guess I am asking if Nutt is the coach next season and indefinently in the future will the fanbase reunite?

Again, I appreciate all comments and please read and respond to this post with the same attitude and mentality that it was written.

Go Hawgs!!!
Did you seriously just ask that question with a straight face? Do you homework, pal. Of the 27k+ members on this board alone (note that mods don't allow more than one profile per user, except in special circumstances) I would dare say that 75% or better will never be happy until Nutt points that U-Haul AWAY from Fayetteville forever. I would also say that 27k is a pretty good sampling of the fan base as a whole. So my answer to your very naive question is a resounding, "Heck NO!"
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: RazorChaser on November 24, 2007, 10:25:38 pm
waaa waaa waaa..  :'(

While I was in Baton Rouge Friday watching a game I can tell my grandkids about in 20 years, all you panty waists were sitting around a t.v. (IF that) wringing your hands waiting for any crack in the gameplan to say "nutt sucks".  Good grief people.  All of you who just posted you'd never go to another game.. does it really matter?  I mean, do you think we'll miss you?  Please.. haul a$$ now.  Perhaps move to sunny Southern California.  I hear it's a beautiful place to sit in the sun.  You can sit there basking in it while your boys are sitting on the bench for the next 3 years.

Adios.. and I hope the door hits you on the way out

P.S.  By the way, the LSU radio guys think you and your goofy little group are insane for wanting a change because of the whole Springdale thing (and let's be honest.. that's what this is all about).  Newsflash:  The rest of the nation thinks the same thing.  Your little dot on the map is the only place in America where people think the way you do.
Yes, it DOES matter, and you'll see just how much those of us matter who will not be going to another game until Houston Nutt is no longer the coach. Oh, and by the way, Houston Nutt and his retarded game planning nearly cost us a game last night that we should have won by 2 or 3 TDs.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

hogfansincebirth

I am against Nutt.  I, however, have had problems all year with supporting the players and hating the coaching staff.  I haven't missed a home game in years and years.  I have season tickets in both LR and Fayetteville and I usually go to at least 2 away games each year.  This year was the first year I missed a game in Fayetteville, and I felt horrible for not being there for the players.  So I convinced myself I needed to go and support Hillis, Dmac and the rest of the crew because it wasn't there fault for the coaches and the horrible decisions that they make game after game.  Many on here think that I am part of the problem because I continue to go to games thus supporting Nutt.  I support the players and I will regardless of the coaching situation.  I am not going to let Nutt take away my passion for football and my love of razorback football.  Because the truth is as long as JFB was in charge it wouldn't matter what the fans did, Nutt would still be around.  That is proven by our 4 and 5 win back to back seasons.  

I will go to the games and I will speak out (very loudly I might add) about the poor play calling and decision making by Nutt.  I will never again support Nutt....he took something from all razorback fans that cannot be returned and that was the hope of an amazing future with Mitch, Dmac, Jones, Hillis, and all the other players this year.  This hurts even more with the win over LSU and the crazy fall of top teams this year.  The "what could have been" is killing me.  And we may not have gone to the big game but we will never know and Nutt stole that from each and every hog fan across the world.  

RazorChaser

"Yes, it DOES matter, and you'll see just how much those of us matter who will not be going to another game until Houston Nutt is no longer the coach. Oh, and by the way, Houston Nutt and his retarded game planning nearly cost us a game last night that we should have won by 2 or 3 TDs."

How delusional can you be.. you're seriously posting that we should have blown out the number 1 team in the country by 2-3 td's at their place?  You sir will NEVER be happy.. no matter what the coaches name is.

GorillaHog

I will ALWAYS support the Hogs TEAM.

No matter who is coach. Unfortunately, everyone here at Nobville only root for the Hogs if it suits them. If you don't want to support the Hogs, then why don't all of you haters move on over to the LSU or Longhorn messae board? Why are you still here?

SpareRib

Quote from: GorillaHog on November 24, 2007, 10:58:42 pm

No matter who is coach. Unfortunately, everyone here at Nobville only root for the Hogs if it suits them. If you don't want to support the Hogs, then why don't all of you haters move on over to the LSU or Longhorn messae board? Why are you still here?

Nobville?
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

SpareRib

Quote from: GorillaHog on November 24, 2007, 10:58:42 pm

Nobville?
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

HogMavFan

waaa waaa waaa..  :'(

While I was in Baton Rouge Friday watching a game I can tell my grandkids about in 20 years, all you panty waists were sitting around a t.v. (IF that) wringing your hands waiting for any crack in the gameplan to say "nutt sucks".  Good grief people.  All of you who just posted you'd never go to another game.. does it really matter?  I mean, do you think we'll miss you?  Please.. haul a$$ now.  Perhaps move to sunny Southern California.  I hear it's a beautiful place to sit in the sun.  You can sit there basking in it while your boys are sitting on the bench for the next 3 years.

P.S.  By the way, the LSU radio guys think you and your goofy little group are insane for wanting a change because of the whole Springdale thing (and let's be honest.. that's what this is all about).  Newsflash:  The rest of the nation thinks the same thing.  Your little dot on the map is the only place in America where people think the way you do.
As a matter of fact if we all stopped giving the required donations and buying those tickets....you would miss us since that is what pays your boy Nutt as well as supporting the rest of the athletic dept.

jml

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on November 24, 2007, 09:53:57 pm
oh dang that hurt...

Sarcasm breeds sarcasm my friend.

Anyway, go back to your bubble bath.
Put a FORK in the DORK! He's done!

hogwildkid

The "fan base" has always been united, the balance of the fair weathered fans will always be moaning and groaning. Fence sitting is a tricky thing to do, sometimes you lean to the left and sometimes back to the right - depending on which way the wind is blowing.  Fence sittin even looks like it hurts! Don't get me wrong, the fence sitters are our neighbors, coworkers and sometimes too close friends.  We love em and hope and pray when they fall from the fence nothing is broke.
It's the boosters who pay the way in this college football entertainment venue. For every one that leaves the season tickets, two or three are waiting in the wings.   Entertainment is big business and those making the decisions are certainly looking at the bottom line for the UofA, that's the key in the decisions that will be made over the next couple of weeks.  But to believe that we can all unite is not going to happen, it didn't when the UofA was looking for a coach prior to Houston Nutt and is just as true now.   We all call the hogs with our woo pig sooee, but at the end of the day we will never unite- until a National Championship is won. And, that too will only last for a moment.     Wooo Pig  :razorback:

lowellgeorge

Quote from: lazyj70 on November 24, 2007, 07:15:42 pm
I have rooted for the Hogs all of my life and will continue to do so regardless of who the coach is!  I have a feeling when next year rolls around a lot of you will be in the stands.

I wasn't there all year and if he is here next year, I will pull my money from the Foundation and spend it to actively have him removed, maybe an ad in the paper everyday of next season that says FIRE NUTT!

RazorChaser

"As a matter of fact if we all stopped giving the required donations and buying those tickets....you would miss us since that is what pays your boy Nutt as well as supporting the rest of the athletic dept."

I don't know.. I just don't think you guys carry that much weight to be honest.  I mean, the best you can do is a banner at the games.  How much is that?  I think I heard $500 or so.  On a serious note: of the 27,000 registered folks on this board I'll be liberal and say that 20,000 of you want Nutt gone.  There's a huge percentage of that number that don't give anything anyway and there's others of you that say you'll be gone that won't (admit it.. you'll be in Austin with me next year come hell or high water).  So MAYBE 5,000 people that contribute regularly leave (and I believe that number is highly inflated)..  I think the rest of us can cover you.  

madjudge

Quote from: huntindoc on November 24, 2007, 06:37:56 pm
If he is still coach I'm out.  Furthermore I'm not sure I'll be back when he does leave or retire.

hd

Same here. I'm done if he isn't. It is about integrity and our university will show it has none if he is allowed to stay. I may even not renew my basketball season tickets. Just like I did my football tickets after 05.

tenhog

Nutt unifying the base??  Will never happen under any circumstances!!  Too much water under the bridge.  He can't coach and he has no character.  Period.......

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Brer Hog

No!  Houston Nutt has squandered Arkansas' future for his own selfish, self-aggrandizing gain. 

The Razorback fans that have demanded coaching accountability because believe Arkansas is capable of attracting the talent to match it have had our outcry, repeatedly rebuffed by the PTB by their refusal to hold Nutt accountable for his actions and his record.   Houston Nutt is one of the lowest paid SEC coaches because he has one of the poorest SEC coaching records. 

Those of us who demand this coaching accountability want more opportunity for our players.  We don't want Arkansas to occassionally sneak up and win as the underdog.  We want Arkansas to win because it was supposed to because it had the better talent year in and year out and the best coaching, who also did the best recruiting. 

Every year of extension and raise offered to Nutt, is just further confirmation that the University of Arkansas does not believe in excellence.  If it did, it would hold all of its coaches accountable not only for what they acheived but also what they have squandered and sullied. 

Nutt has for years now squandered opportunity and sullied Arkansas', once proud, national reputation as a top-notch program. 

Likely squandered the opportunity for DMAC to win the Heisman by not fielding week end and week out an offense that would best showcase his talents and produce wins;
Squandered the opportunity for Arkansas to retain and develop a top drawer quarterback.  Casey has become servicable but Mustain's don't come along every day (Contrast Mustain's development with Matt Stafford of Georgia, better yet - watch Mustain at USC next year and imagine what would have been);
Squandered the opportunity to unite the fanbase by failing to welcome another of Arkansas' own and a brilliant Offensive mind that is Gus Malzahn (Everyone recognizes that the all too predictable offense that was fielded in the last three games of 06, resulting in three losses, was merely a shadow of Malzahn's offense following the USC game;

This year -- failed to learn from his mistakes last year and the lack of innovation in the offense early in the year was palpable -- signature Nutt ball and clock mismanagement

This easily could have been a year that Arkansas contended for the National Championship (even with the loss of Mustain and Malzahn.  Nutt wouldn't have it; wouldn't let David Lee do his job until he had to in a desparate attempt to save his own hide; however.) 

As for the LSU win yesterday,  what is Nutt's record versus LSU?  2-8 perhaps?  Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and again.  Arkansas finished 4-4 in the conference.  Average record; average coach; average season.  LSU had everything to lose. Arkansas had as their only motivation to play the role of spoiler and perhaps, save Nutts precious job. 

Arkansas deserves better!  An honest question for all Nutt supporters and fence-sitters,  "Are you a Nutt-lover or a true Razorback?" If you understand what I have laid out, you can't be both.

GO HOGS!
FIRE NUTT!

Brer Hog
UoA Alumnus, Class of '86

RazorChaser

"I may even not renew my basketball season tickets. Just like I did my football tickets after 05."

Hmmm.. the "integrity" issues you site for leading you to cancel your tickets came about in the '06 season.  Maybe you cancelled your tickets after we sucked those two previous years.  If so, that's too bad.. you missed MM leading us to 8 straight victories!!!  OH, and Damian Williams was an Freshman All-SEC performer!!  That was a pretty good run we had.. sorry you missed it.  We'll be pretty bad next year too, so wait to buy your tickets until after you see how good we're going to be here in a couple of years.

P.S.  We just beat #1 LSU in Baton Rouge!!  Great game.. I think you would have enjoyed it. But who knows.. there are some who feel if we just had a decent coach we could have won that game by 2-3 td's.  It hacks them off that we just squeeked by them in overtime.  I think Nutt was TRYING to lose with all those bonehead plays he was running.  The nerve of him to hand it off to Darren McFadden so many times.  OH.. that's something else you've missed in your protest.  Darren McFadden is a running back for the razorbacks and he had a great year last year (2nd in the Heisman voting) and has a shot at it again this year.  Man, if only our coach would have had some integrity you may have had the pleasure of witnessing some of that personally.

FT LNG CHILI HOG

Quote from: RazorChaser on November 25, 2007, 12:05:56 am
"I may even not renew my basketball season tickets. Just like I did my football tickets after 05."

Hmmm.. the "integrity" issues you site for leading you to cancel your tickets came about in the '06 season.  Maybe you cancelled your tickets after we sucked those two previous years.  If so, that's too bad.. you missed MM leading us to 8 straight victories!!!  OH, and Damian Williams was an Freshman All-SEC performer!!  That was a pretty good run we had.. sorry you missed it.  We'll be pretty bad next year too, so wait to buy your tickets until after you see how good we're going to be here in a couple of years.

P.S.  We just beat #1 LSU in Baton Rouge!!  Great game.. I think you would have enjoyed it. But who knows.. there are some who feel if we just had a decent coach we could have won that game by 2-3 td's.  It hacks them off that we just squeeked by them in overtime.  I think Nutt was TRYING to lose with all those bonehead plays he was running.  The nerve of him to hand it off to Darren McFadden so many times.  OH.. that's something else you've missed in your protest.  Darren McFadden is a running back for the razorbacks and he had a great year last year (2nd in the Heisman voting) and has a shot at it again this year.  Man, if only our coach would have had some integrity you may have had the pleasure of witnessing some of that personally.
+1

tank55

As I have said before TRUE FANS will support the razorbacks no matter who is the coach!!!!!!!!

GHG

PBK

Reunite?  On what basis?

Do we act as if the last ten years never happened?

Do we just ignore reality and pretend that Houston Nutt is a competent coach and a man of good character?

Do we embrace mediocrity as our legacy and destiny?

"Can't we all just get along?"

No, as a matter of fact— and of principle— we can't.  I'm not ready for that Brave New World, and I'm not alone.

Hogwaller

No. I'll spend my travel money elsewhere. That will leave more seats for the 4-H Club members that they bring in to make the stadium fuller.

Chief Mac

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 24, 2007, 07:06:01 pm
No.  If Nutt stays, I'm out after 40 years......and I'll have my Razorback tattoo removed.

ditto what 007 says except it will be after 35 years for me.   I cannot be emotionally invested in a program that keeps this guy after all that has transpired.   My financial investment left in 03, my emotional investment leaves the moment it is announced that he is staying. 

I too will remove my Razorback tattoo
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

davis01

Quote from: tank55 on November 25, 2007, 08:32:01 am
As I have said before TRUE FANS will support the razorbacks no matter who is the coach!!!!!!!!

GHG
People all across America support things that are wrong, that have no integrity, or no class every single day.  So if a true fan wants to support HDN and all of the attributes I mentioned, then so be it.  I consider you the same as him.

madjudge

Quote from: RazorChaser on November 25, 2007, 12:05:56 am

Hmmm.. the "integrity" issues you site for leading you to cancel your tickets came about in the '06 season.  Maybe you cancelled your tickets after we sucked those two previous years.  If so, that's too bad.. you missed MM leading us to 8 straight victories!!!  OH, and Damian Williams was an Freshman All-SEC performer!!  That was a pretty good run we had.. sorry you missed it.  We'll be pretty bad next year too, so wait to buy your tickets until after you see how good we're going to be here in a couple of years.

P.S.  We just beat #1 LSU in Baton Rouge!!  Great game.. I think you would have enjoyed it. But who knows.. there are some who feel if we just had a decent coach we could have won that game by 2-3 td's.  It hacks them off that we just squeeked by them in overtime.  I think Nutt was TRYING to lose with all those bonehead plays he was running.  The nerve of him to hand it off to Darren McFadden so many times.  OH.. that's something else you've missed in your protest.  Darren McFadden is a running back for the razorbacks and he had a great year last year (2nd in the Heisman voting) and has a shot at it again this year.  Man, if only our coach would have had some integrity you may have had the pleasure of witnessing some of that personally.

I don't believe I sited any particular issues in my post.
But since you brought it up after 05 it was mostly about his record as a coach but it was not only his record, he has always had an ego that did not allow him to give credit where due or take any blame.  Which is an integrity/personality flaw IMO and the fact that he has had many players who have gotten into trouble since he has been here those were handled differently depending how important that player was to him winning a game or not, that is an integrity issue to me and I have seen this for years just not as bad as last year and this year.
Now we have all that went down in 06 & 07with him, his wife and brother and if he is not removed then our university has an integrity issue. So the statement of my basketball tickets.

By the way I did go to a couple games in 06 just not with season tickets, I did see all of above.

Lady Hawg Buff

No.  A good christian man with integrity wouldn't put his family through that. ::)

Proud Pig

HDN won't win back anyone he has lost, and I think there will be more apathy than begrudging support that develops around the football program if he stays at Arkansas.

Our family dropped football donations, season tickets, hog plates, and trademark items this past season.  We won't be back until there is a new head coach for football. I fully accept that the program can live without us, but we cannot in good conscience financially support the program as it is currently being run.

I will always support the team.  Fortunately, that can be done without supporting the coach.   

Many would like to believe that Hogville is not representative of the majority of the fan base.  I agree that it is not.  Not yet.  I believe it is representative of an ever growing number of very unhappy fans. The PTB and HDN supporters must surely understand that things won't get better next year. The program has to determine how many lost fans and how much turmoil or apathy is acceptable.   

I don't post on Hogville to try to change anyone else's mind about HDN or the football program.  I don't hate HDN, but I feel strongly enough about the negative impact of his tenure to withdraw all financial support from the program until he is gone.  No one is going to guilt me by implying that I don't support the team if I don't support the coach.  If HDN stays, I will not in any way support him or the PTB that allow this division to continue.  Go, Hogs. 

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: tank55 on November 25, 2007, 08:32:01 am

GHG

Only a casual and unthinking fan would not be concerned with someone like Nutt as coach.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

SWarkansasman

Sir, you are hog fan and you will support to continue the less than average results that this present coach and his staff has produced???  He has had 10 years and his record proves to us that he is not going to carry us forward, but yet you want this???  I have higher expectations for Arkansas than average.  NO I will not be at another game nor will I buy another tickey until he is gone. 

hogsrock

Quote from: sugartownhog on November 24, 2007, 06:34:11 pm
OK, I am a self avowed Houston Nutt supporter but I do not want to get into a back and forth argument with ya'll.  I will respect all of ya'lls comments.  Here is my question.

Lets say the choice is made to retain Coach Nutt sign him to an extension and he wholeheartedly accepts.  There is no chance that he is not the HC at Arkansas for some time.  Would those of you who are 100% against him simply accept this and begrugedly, if nothing more, support the team AND coach? 

I guess I am asking if Nutt is the coach next season and indefinently in the future will the fanbase reunite?

Again, I appreciate all comments and please read and respond to this post with the same attitude and mentality that it was written.

Go Hawgs!!!

Are you nutts?
"It's easy to fix mistakes if the exposed flaws are unusual.  But when these flaws are fundamental weaknesses that haven't been corrected for years the idea that a problem may be too serious to correct is sobering."  Bacon

DickSonstreetDFW

Nutt is a lying sack of darn.

Nutt ran off our best shot at a NC in decades because of pettiness and overinflated self-importance.

Nutt represents UA as a slobbering gomer'tard immature redneck [CENSORED].

Nutt is trying to squeeze every last dollar out of the RF on the way out, and take pot shots all the way down.

Maybe thats all Arkansas deserves.

If that is what the University of Arkansas stands for, how can anybody really get excited about supporting UA?

When I add all that up, I can't really get excited about anything related to the University of Arkansas.

Its an embarrassment to me. 

sugartownhog

To those of you that answered me thank you for your opinions.  I obviously do not agree with the majority of most of you but that does not mean we cannot have a civil conversation. 

To those of you that responded with typical junior high cutdowns maybe one day you will have the ability to converse like adults without resorting to ignorant commments.

Thanks again for your comments.

Go Hawgs!!

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: RazorChaser on November 24, 2007, 10:57:20 pm
"Yes, it DOES matter, and you'll see just how much those of us matter who will not be going to another game until Houston Nutt is no longer the coach. Oh, and by the way, Houston Nutt and his retarded game planning nearly cost us a game last night that we should have won by 2 or 3 TDs."

How delusional can you be.. you're seriously posting that we should have blown out the number 1 team in the country by 2-3 td's at their place?  You sir will NEVER be happy.. no matter what the coaches name is.
Kentucky also beat a healthy LSU team earlier this season, the same UK team who just ended the season 7-5 after a humiliating home loss to Mississippi State. We played a beat up LSU team (no Holliday, 50% Dorsey) that was not close to as good as Nick Saban's NC team.

Pork Authority

November 25, 2007, 10:29:13 pm #134 Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 10:30:59 pm by Pork Authority
waaa waaa waaa..  :'(

While I was in Baton Rouge Friday watching a game I can tell my grandkids about in 20 years, all you panty waists were sitting around a t.v. (IF that) wringing your hands waiting for any crack in the gameplan to say "nutt sucks".  Good grief people.  All of you who just posted you'd never go to another game.. does it really matter?  I mean, do you think we'll miss you?  Please.. haul a$$ now.  Perhaps move to sunny Southern California.  I hear it's a beautiful place to sit in the sun.  You can sit there basking in it while your boys are sitting on the bench for the next 3 years.

P.S.  By the way, the LSU radio guys think you and your goofy little group are insane for wanting a change because of the whole Springdale thing (and let's be honest.. that's what this is all about).  Newsflash:  The rest of the nation thinks the same thing.  Your little dot on the map is the only place in America where people think the way you do.

Hey Teresa,

Be sure and send Mustain another scathing email also. 
(I guess 10 years of seeing Nutt only come thru when his butt is on the line..has totally eluded you.)

RazorBacker215

Actually if Nutt would've won a National Championship this year then I believe all of us would've bowed down to Coach Nutt. 1st reason is because of the potential that this team had. 2nd because of the Schedule we had this year. 3rd because DMAC would've been the only one talked about for Heisman. What the huggers are seeing is the potential of the team and how it got squabbled away. Because the huggers have blinders on and cannot see any wrong doing by the staff that HDN put together.

This was the once every 10 years type of team. This is as good as it gets with Nutt. 8 and 4, 4 and 4 in the SEC. Ask your hugging little heart if that's good enough for you. The best running backs in the nation....the best FB in the nation....a good solid rest of the team la-din with seniors ain't gonna come again for a while. Lets make sure the next time it does we will have a National Championship type coach to go along with it. Hes proved that hes not NC material.

SwinedMelon

If I I knew Nutt would be here long term, I'd get season tickets to see the Chiefs or Cowboys... until ASU or someone else close in Arkansas got good.

I am just simply not passionate about Nutt-ball.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"